PDA

View Full Version : Rally towels for Game 3 + run in w/ Lance

I Love P
04-20-2011, 01:30 PM
Some of you were wondering if they were going to pass out shirts for game 3...I was told when I went to pick up my tix today that we were all getting a rally towel. I think its the coolest thing when everyone has theirs waving.

One other thing, I saw Lance in the lobby walking in with a bag of Dunkin Donuts. We exchanged, "What's up's?"

Unclebuck
04-20-2011, 01:34 PM
One thing I am so glad they have never done for a pacers game is pass out noise makers, I hate those things. They sound weird on TV and plus it is like they are admitting the fans are too lazy to cheer, so lets give them something that will make noise for them.

CableKC
04-20-2011, 01:38 PM
I was wondering if the Pacers would pass out tee shirts....but given the liklihood of a big enough percentage of ChiTown fans...I'm not sure if EVERYONE would wear the tee-shirts even if they were given one.

Unlike the Thunder games where EVERYONE is wearing BLUE...you'd be seeing Yellow and Red shirts in the stands at Conseco.

IndyHoya
04-20-2011, 01:39 PM
Some of you were wondering if they were going to pass out shirts for game 3...I was told when I went to pick up my tix today that we were all getting a rally towel. I think its the coolest thing when everyone has theirs waving.

One other thing, I saw Lance in the lobby walking in with a bag of Dunkin Donuts. We exchanged, "What's up's?"

Hmmm....Wait til ESPN gets its teeth into this story!

"Lance Stephenson's not worried about Game 3 - Seen eating donuts at Conseco!"

"Lance Stephenson to Bulls from Conseco: 'Hey, what's up?'"

"Pacers fans to wave rally towels at Bulls game - Was this cleared by Commissioner Stern first? - Angry Bulls fans want to know!"

"Lance Stephenson scorns Bulls! Eats donuts! Bulls use this for motivation!"

"Lance Stephenson says 'What's up?' Is this trash talk? A panel of former NBA greats debates the issue!"

ColeTheMole
04-20-2011, 01:41 PM

Oh my god I laughed out loud so hard at that one.

Speed
04-20-2011, 01:50 PM
I can't help but thinking of Tinsley when I read that Dunkin Donuts thing. It just sounds like something you'd see him doing in years past.

TheDon
04-20-2011, 01:51 PM
Yay rally towels :happydanc

Day-V
04-20-2011, 01:54 PM
One thing I am so glad they have never done for a pacers game is pass out noise makers, I hate those things. They sound weird on TV and plus it is like they are admitting the fans are too lazy to cheer, so lets give them something that will make noise for them.

They did, actually. Playoff Game against Boston in 2005 where Reggie went for 31 and Jermaine tried to deck Antoine Walker. I had a 101 degree fever and a pounding headache when I got there, only to be seated directly behind a bunch of 7 year olds banging those god-forsaken things ALL. GAME. LONG.

IndyHoya
04-20-2011, 01:56 PM
They did, actually. Playoff Game against Boston in 2005 where Reggie went for 31 and Jermaine tried to deck Antoine Walker. I had a 101 degree fever and a pounding headache when I got there, only to be seated directly behind a bunch of 7 year olds banging those god-forsaken things ALL. GAME. LONG.

I remember we used to pipe in the sounds of race cars revving up at the Speedway at the Playoffs. I think the NBA banned it afterwards.

idioteque
04-20-2011, 01:58 PM
Probably one of the biggest cases of NBA bias against the Pacers involves this sort of thing. Remember during the 1995 Eastern Conference finals when we passed out the exact same "hypnotize" wheels to spin around behind the basket during the opposing team's free throws that the Magic had passed out in the first two games, and the officials took them away and banned them forever?

Bridge
04-20-2011, 01:58 PM

You mean like those inflatable tubes that people smack together? They used to pass those out all the time. I always ended up with a kid right in front of me whacking them together the entire game. I wanted to grab one and smack their parents with it. Rally towels are much more fun!

Kegboy
04-20-2011, 02:00 PM
T-shirts would have been a horrible mistake. Just would have drawn attention to all the red in the stands.

I Love P
04-20-2011, 02:03 PM
You mean like those inflatable tubes that people smack together? They used to pass those out all the time. I always ended up with a kid right in front of me whacking them together the entire game. I wanted to grab one and smack their parents with it. Rally towels are much more fun!

You are talking about the "thunder sticks" those things are more than annoying. My favorite is when there is a grown man banging those together like he's 5. I wanna punch them in the back of the head.

Unclebuck
04-20-2011, 02:07 PM

No, those are least you have to bang together.

I am talking about small little noise makers that sound like you are shaking a can of rice or something. They have never had them at any Pacers gamesw before, but I saw them in Dallas the other night and I'm sure they'll have them at other games.

BillS
04-20-2011, 02:07 PM
Should I sneak in my vuvuzuela?

Speed
04-20-2011, 02:08 PM
You are talking about the "thunder sticks" those things are more than annoying. My favorite is when there is a grown man banging those together like he's 5. I wanna punch them in the back of the head.

I love them, they are fun to bang together. Great if you have them, annoying as hell to not have them and sit around someone who does.

Unclebuck
04-20-2011, 02:08 PM

Those aren't what I'm talking about.

Speed
04-20-2011, 02:10 PM
Back in the day, in the playoffs, I'd lose my voice by the 4th quarter, no worries, sat in the back against the wall and just banged my hands against it until they bruised. Like has been said, the playoffs are a different animal, altogether.

IndyHoya
04-20-2011, 02:13 PM
"At the beginning of the Pacers' playoff success, I was lucky enough to get a ticket to Game 4 of the 1991 series with the Boston Celtics. Chuck Person had been running his motor the whole series and backing it up, and during this game, he stepped in front of Kevin McHale to steal a pass. Rather than taking a wide open lane to the basket, he pulled up and drilled a three-pointer. This was during the end of a run where the Pacers were busy erasing a 13-point deficit at the beginning of the fourth quarter, so the crowd was already in a frenzy. Once that ball went in, MSA was almost shaken to the ground 11 years early. The roar continued throughout the ensuing Celtics possession, and the shot clock was showing zero for 3 or 4 seconds before anyone realized there had been a 24-second violation. The crowd was so loud, no one in the building heard the buzzer."

Larry Bird reportedly said afterwards about the Indiana noise: "If our fans were half as loud as Indiana's we'd never lose a playoff game."

BRushWithDeath
04-20-2011, 02:14 PM
Lance Stephenson's dad is always banging those God foresaken thundersticks. Annoying as hell.

Speed
04-20-2011, 02:18 PM
Btw, the thread said "run-in" w/ Lance and i thought OH NO. :)

idioteque
04-20-2011, 02:18 PM
Thundersticks are ridiculous, they need to get rid of those things altogether. I was at the Pacers/OKC game last November and almost came to blows with a 35 year old guy because he wouldn't make his kid stop banging them right behind my wife's head for the entire game. I mean, ****, I don't have a problem if you do it when something exciting is happening, but exciting to me at least isn't Mike Dunleavy scratching his *** during a time out.

BPump33
04-20-2011, 02:23 PM
Thundersticks are ridiculous, they need to get rid of those things altogether. I was at the Pacers/OKC game last November and almost came to blows with a 35 year old guy because he wouldn't make his kid stop banging them right behind my wife's head for the entire game. I mean, ****, I don't have a problem if you do it when something exciting is happening, but exciting to me at least isn't Mike Dunleavy scratching his *** during a time out.

I had a migraine for that game and was actually throwing up during the timeouts in the 4th quarter from my head pounding so bad. Of course, not only did that game go into OT, but it seemed there were more "thundersticks" or "bam bams" or whatever you want to call them than ever. That game was REALLY loud. Maybe it was just me.

Day-V
04-20-2011, 02:25 PM
I had a migraine for that game and was actually throwing up during the timeouts in the 4th quarter from my head pounding so bad. Of course, not only did that game go into OT, but it seemed there were more "thundersticks" or "bam bams" or whatever you want to call them than ever. That game was REALLY loud. Maybe it was just me.

Maybe you're just getting old? ;)

PacersFan1991
04-20-2011, 02:28 PM
Thundersticks are the worst. I wish they were stopped at all sporting events and never seen again.

BillS
04-20-2011, 02:28 PM
Ya know, you can't call for constant noise and then be picky about the <i>kind</i> of noise.

It's like the drum corps, who have quickly become my favorite in-game excitement builder. We sit right next to them (literally - there's our seats, the steps, and the drum corps), and I absolutely love it.

Not a shared emotion from lots of the other season ticket holders around me, unfortunately. Understandable - they are VERY loud. They are SO into the game, though, that I can't help but love them - and my wife, who also <strike>suffers from</strike> plays percussion, really enjoys their playing as well.

I've made it a point to tell PS&E how much I like their stuff and where they are, in an attempt to make sure they stay, but I've also suggested (to my wife's wrath) that moving them to the other side of the Fieldhouse in order to combine them with A55 would be AWESOME.

idioteque
04-20-2011, 02:31 PM

The crowd noise was great. I usually go to any Pacers home game they have right before Thanksgiving since I'm always in Indy at that time, and the OKC game had much more energy than the Clippers game I went to the year before. However, the artificial thunder sticks noise was terrible.

idioteque
04-20-2011, 02:32 PM
Ya know, you can't call for constant noise and then be picky about the <i>kind</i> of noise.

It's like the drum corps, who have quickly become my favorite in-game excitement builder. We sit right next to them (literally - there's our seats, the steps, and the drum corps), and I absolutely love it.

Not a shared emotion from lots of the other season ticket holders around me, unfortunately. Understandable - they are VERY loud. They are SO into the game, though, that I can't help but love them - and my wife, who also <strike>suffers from</strike> plays percussion, really enjoys their playing as well.

I've made it a point to tell PS&E how much I like their stuff and where they are, in an attempt to make sure they stay, but I've also suggested (to my wife's wrath) that moving them to the other side of the Fieldhouse in order to combine them with A55 would be AWESOME.

Drums aren't so bad to me, I mean drums are an instrument. Thunder sticks are loud pieces of plastic. Maybe I am being too picky, but I see a difference.

PacersFan1991
Should I sneak in my vuvuzuela?

I would love to see a Bulls fan do that, one he is a Bulls fan, but two he would be blowing that damn thing, and likely get his a** beat!!

BPump33

I was only complaining b/c I had a migraine. Normally, I'm very happy to add to the noise.

Since86
04-20-2011, 02:36 PM
There's also a time and a place for noise. You shouldn't have to sit through someone screaming in your ear, or banging those thundersticks, during half time.

The Colts love it when the fans get loud, but I bet they'd also get pissed off if that noise level continued when Peyton was under center.

Just because you want and like noise doesn't mean you're saying that every second should be filled by it.

Hicks
04-20-2011, 02:37 PM
I'd forgotten about rally towels. Now I'm looking forward to swinging one over my head again.

dgranger17
04-20-2011, 02:42 PM
I love the thunder bam-bams. They are a very special part of my childhood. The Pacers might be undefeated whenever I have two giant tubes in my hands.

I miss when the Pacers Power Pack (or whatever they're called nowadays) would bring out black trash bag after black trash bag full of blue and yellow balloons to pass out behind both buckets. I used to get so upset when I wasn't one of the lucky ones to receive a balloon. I truly believe our downfall began when they stopped handing those out, not the Brawl or Donnie Walsh.

I also wouldn't mind more t-shirt tosses. There aren't too much things better than overpowering a toddler for a shirt you wear in bed. Speaking of toddlers in bed.... wait, what was this thread about again?

BillS
04-20-2011, 02:46 PM
Speaking of toddlers in bed.... wait, what was this thread about again?

btowncolt? Is that you? :zip:

TMJ31
04-20-2011, 02:52 PM
Cool that you guys are getting Rally Towels.

I still have mine from the 2004 playoff series vs. Miami (My first and only experience at a Pacers playoff game)

To this day it's still a part of my playoff game day tradition. I keep it on my person the entire game!

MagicRat
04-20-2011, 02:52 PM
My favorite giveaway this season was a parachute drop of little coloring books from Peyton Manning's Children Hospital. Watched two grown men run down the aisle (one up, one down) and proceed to struggle over said coloring book until it ripped in half. Fine example for the childrens.

BPump33
04-20-2011, 02:53 PM
Cool that you guys are getting Rally Towels.

I still have mine from the 2004 playoff series vs. Miami (My first and only experience at a Pacers playoff game)

To this day it's still a part of my playoff game day tradition. I keep it on my person the entire game!

Haha, I have mine from the AJ scoring 40 series against NJ. That towel will NOT be on me at the game.

Deadshot
04-20-2011, 02:56 PM
Two pages and no good jokes about Lance and donut holes....I'm disappointed. I mean, he is into that kind of thing, right?

Since86
04-20-2011, 02:59 PM
I'd forgotten about rally towels. Now I'm looking forward to swinging one over my head again.

Indiana Pacers, come on and raise up
Take your shirt off
And swing it around your head
LIKE A HELICOPTER!!!

It would be awesome if PS&E could write/film a parody to Petey Pablo and market it for swinging those rally towels.

Although it would be extremely hard to do, maybe just use the chorus.

joeyd
04-20-2011, 02:59 PM
I have been to Conseco very early a few times this season and have seen Lance bringing doughnuts back for the team to eat while watching film. I think it is the rookie doughnut rule, but I have never seen Paul George bringing back the doughnuts. So maybe it is the "doh-head" doughnut rule?

duke dynamite
04-20-2011, 04:30 PM
dukie loves him some rally towels.

TMJ31
04-20-2011, 04:44 PM
If anyone can "procure" an extra rally towel they would be willing to mail me, I would be more than happy to compensate for the costs involved!

Just throwing that out there.

90'sNBARocked
04-20-2011, 04:47 PM
Hmmm....Wait til ESPN gets its teeth into this story!

"Lance Stephenson's not worried about Game 3 - Seen eating donuts at Conseco!"

"Pacers fans to wave rally towels at Bulls game - Was this cleared by Commissioner Stern first? - Angry Bulls fans want to know!"

"Lance Stephenson scorns Bulls! Eats donuts! Bulls use this for motivation!"

Lance Stephenson says 'What's up?' Is this trash talk? A panel of former NBA greats debates the issue!"

LMAO

"Lance seen eating donuts, alledges Bulls have hole in the middle"

BPump33
04-20-2011, 04:49 PM
If anyone can "procure" an extra rally towel they would be willing to mail me, I would be more than happy to compensate for the costs involved!

Just throwing that out there.

I may be too intoxicated to carry this out, but I will try.

TMJ31
04-20-2011, 04:51 PM
I may be too intoxicated to carry this out, but I will try.

#Winning

imawhat
04-20-2011, 05:05 PM

Not quite the same, but I still have my yellow Pacers cone from the '94 series against Atlanta. I thought those helped out with the volume.

pacer4ever
04-20-2011, 05:49 PM
Lance Stephenson's dad is always banging those God foresaken thundersticks. Annoying as hell.

His dad is like a cheerleader during games complete opposite of DG's dad.

90'sNBARocked
04-20-2011, 07:40 PM
His dad is like a cheerleader during games complete opposite of DG's dad.

Absolutely mind boggling right ?

green

Unclebuck
04-20-2011, 09:51 PM
the annoying noise makers I mentioned earlier in this thread, are being used in San Antonio

grace
04-20-2011, 10:09 PM
My favorite giveaway this season was a parachute drop of little coloring books from Peyton Manning's Children Hospital. Watched two grown men run down the aisle (one up, one down) and proceed to struggle over said coloring book until it ripped in half. Fine example for the childrens.

Reminds me of when JO7 used to do his best to get souvenirs from players before the little kids had a chance.

Trophy
04-20-2011, 10:25 PM
Just put yellow shirts on all the seats.

It'll look cool with it being a sellout.

Eraser
04-20-2011, 10:46 PM
"At the beginning of the Pacers' playoff success, I was lucky enough to get a ticket to Game 4 of the 1991 series with the Boston Celtics. Chuck Person had been running his motor the whole series and backing it up, and during this game, he stepped in front of Kevin McHale to steal a pass. Rather than taking a wide open lane to the basket, he pulled up and drilled a three-pointer. This was during the end of a run where the Pacers were busy erasing a 13-point deficit at the beginning of the fourth quarter, so the crowd was already in a frenzy. Once that ball went in, MSA was almost shaken to the ground 11 years early. The roar continued throughout the ensuing Celtics possession, and the shot clock was showing zero for 3 or 4 seconds before anyone realized there had been a 24-second violation. The crowd was so loud, no one in the building heard the buzzer."

Larry Bird reportedly said afterwards about the Indiana noise: "If our fans were half as loud as Indiana's we'd never lose a playoff game."

I was at that game vs. Celtics in 1991 as well. I remember that pull up fast break 3 by Person. I also remember players from both teams saying that it was the loudest crowd they had ever heard. The crowd seemed to will the Pacers to victory that night. It was like you were really part of the team on the floor. My most special playoff memory ever in person.

Major Cold
04-20-2011, 10:46 PM

That was the play that made me a Pacer fan.

Constellations
04-21-2011, 12:05 AM
I have been to Conseco very early a few times this season and have seen Lance bringing doughnuts back for the team to eat while watching film. I think it is the rookie doughnut rule, but I have never seen Paul George bringing back the doughnuts. So maybe it is the "doh-head" doughnut rule?

Paul George is in charge of getting newspapers and bagels, and Lance gets doughnuts I believe.

MagicRat
04-21-2011, 08:50 AM
http://a.yfrog.com/img611/7145/wanom.jpg

pacergod2
04-21-2011, 09:53 AM
Just because you want and like noise doesn't mean you're saying that every second should be filled by it.

Don't ever get married then.

smj887
04-21-2011, 11:54 AM
Are the towels going to be a limited number, or will they have enough for everybody? Or will it only be for people in certain sections? Just wondering since I've never been to an event where they give away shirts/towels/whatever, trying to decide if I should skip playing basketball this afternoon so I can make it to the game a bit earlier. These rally towels are a big deal.

Day-V
04-21-2011, 12:10 PM
Are the towels going to be a limited number, or will they have enough for everybody? Or will it only be for people in certain sections? Just wondering since I've never been to an event where they give away shirts/towels/whatever, trying to decide if I should skip playing basketball this afternoon so I can make it to the game a bit earlier. These rally towels are a big deal.

Basically, it involves a down-payment and a secret handshake. But I've already said too much...

RWB
04-21-2011, 01:08 PM
The Mrs. and I will bring our towels from the 1989 and the 90 playoffs for good karma.

pacer4ever
04-21-2011, 03:29 PM
The banner of the 16 teams in the playoffs at the fieldhouse is sick saw it today.

Day-V
04-22-2011, 11:40 PM
What the **** happened to those Rally Towels?

joeyd
04-22-2011, 11:55 PM
What the **** happened to those Rally Towels?
They will be there for the game tomorrow. STH's saw the promo advertised in an e-mail they got tonight (game 4 update).

Hicks
04-23-2011, 01:52 AM
I was wondering what happened to the towels. Instead I got a cardboard sign I didn't even bother to take home with me.

Too bad I can't make it tomorrow.