PDA

View Full Version : According to TerezOwens, Steve Nash is demanding a trade behind closed doors

Basketball Fan
04-20-2011, 12:25 PM
Take it with a grain of salt

http://www.terezowens.com/steve-nash-demands-trade-behind-closed-doors/#respond

Steve Nash Demands Trade Behind Closed Doors
April 19, 2011
This post was written by Terez on April 19, 2011

Steve Nash is the face, heart and soul of the Phoenix Suns…or in the words of Suns president for basketball operations Lon Babby, “He is the sun and the moon and the stars of this franchise” Most of their other star players have left for one reason or another, but Steve has always remained, but with one year left on his contract, his seven year stint in the desert looks like its coming to an end…According to my source close to Nash, Steve is asking for a trade so he can contend for the elusive Championship he’s been craving.. “Steve knows he can’t win in Phoenix, they need to rebuild and unfortunately Steve is not getting any younger. Nash wants out simply to win now” said my source…Nash recently said..”It’s pretty simple. There’s no guarantees. You can’t just go out and say, ‘Hey, can you go out and trade me to this team?” Steve reiterated his desire to stay a Sun to save face, but he’s done exactly that, and has given the Suns a list of a few teams he would like to play for next year..Yes he’s 37, but another team can definitely benefit from a guy who has led the league in assists for the fifth time in seven years. Good luck Steve, but the Suns are going to try their damnedest to convince you to stay. -TO

naptownmenace
04-20-2011, 12:33 PM
The Pacers could trade DC + a future 1st rounder for Nash and take back more salary this offseason. I'm just saying... they could.

:signit:

vnzla81
04-20-2011, 12:34 PM
He should go to a team so he can win a ring, he deserves one.

15th parallel
04-20-2011, 12:35 PM
I'm on the side of Steve if this is true. It will be both beneficial from the Suns and Nash, since the Suns can get more assets for their rebuild and Nash can contribute to an already contending team.

Nash has done everything for the Suns, and right now the Suns have gone a different direction since losing Amare to the free agency. Nash can no longer make them competitive if he's the lone star there. If they want to keep him, the Suns should get better players through trades, although I don't see this happening in the near future.

Day-V
04-20-2011, 12:35 PM
He should go to a team so he can win a ring, he deserves one.

Maybe he's the one going to New York instead of CP3?

CooperManning
04-20-2011, 12:38 PM
I'll be shocked if Nash isn't traded. He's got one year left on his deal and the Suns need to rebuild. Look at this roster:

http://hoopshype.com/salaries/phoenix.htm

They're going nowhere fast in the West. Trading Nash for assets would jumpstart the rebuild. They'd have plenty of cap room and a few decent building blocks. Better than letting Nash walk and getting stuck with a bottom 5 roster.

Trader Joe
Lakers or Knicks if I had to guess.

vnzla81

Could he win a championship there? I think that if he wants to win one he is gonna have to go to the Lakers, maybe Bynum for Nash?

15th parallel
04-20-2011, 12:41 PM

He'll instantly fit there running D'Antoni offense. But that'll just be Phoenix Suns ver2.0. They'll just be killed in the playoffs when the defense tightens up.

I think Miami should try to get him as they really need a high-caliber PG to get the others more involved, although there are no good pieces for them to give to Suns.

CooperManning
04-20-2011, 12:43 PM
Knicks would love him but they have no assets. What could they even offer, Landry Fields and Chauncey?

pwee31
04-20-2011, 09:33 PM
I could see the Magic as a possibility to try and keep Dwight Howard.

Not sure the Knicks have anything else to offer. Portland?

Eddie Gill
04-20-2011, 09:46 PM
I could see the Magic as a possibility to try and keep Dwight Howard.

Not sure the Knicks have anything else to offer. Portland?

Nash and Howard would be scary.

I'm all for Nash chasing a ring, but I'd prefer he do it for a team we only play twice a year.

Slick Pinkham
04-20-2011, 09:49 PM
Lakers are not a good fit with the triangle (assuming Phil returns). If Phil retires though and the triangle is replaced, I could see it.

Trophy
04-20-2011, 09:49 PM
He'd probably go to the Knicks just to play with Amare again.

Those 2 can turn a team into contenders.

Isaac
04-20-2011, 09:50 PM
I just hope he doesn't come to the East.

troyc11a
04-20-2011, 10:06 PM
Could he win a championship there? I think that if he wants to win one he is gonna have to go to the Lakers, maybe Bynum for Nash?

The Lakers would not give up Bynum for Carmello. Now way they part with him for an aging Nash. I wouldnt even give up one of our young core players for him.

King Tuts Tomb
04-20-2011, 10:07 PM
All the people who killed Carmelo for wanting a trade are just as mad at Nash right now, correct?

Also, everyone who thinks superstars shouldn't all go to big market teams will be equally furious I hope.

Hoop
04-20-2011, 10:29 PM
The Pacers could trade DC + a future 1st rounder for Nash and take back more salary this offseason. I'm just saying... they could.

:signit:
That would be absolutely nuts.... just saying. ;)

Nash would not make us a lot better and certainly not an instant contender. I love Nash, but we'd be giving up a piece of our young core and a 1st, no thanks.

He's 37, 37! let me say that again he's 37!

owl
04-20-2011, 11:13 PM
That would be absolutely nuts.... just saying. ;)

Nash would not make us a lot better and certainly not an instant contender. I love Nash, but we'd be giving up a piece of our young core and a 1st, no thanks.

He's 37, 37! let me say that again he's 37!

Just what exactly is he worth in trade? Two firsts and a player?

Hicks
04-20-2011, 11:26 PM
All the people who killed Carmelo for wanting a trade are just as mad at Nash right now, correct?

Also, everyone who thinks superstars shouldn't all go to big market teams will be equally furious I hope.

No. There's a distinction between a guy who *might* be at the middle of the prime of his career and a guy who only has a few years left in the league. He and the Suns have run their course. Him leaving now isn't the same as CLE losing LeBron or DEN losing Melo.

Constellations
04-20-2011, 11:26 PM
I have to say trading Nash for DC+ 1st round Pick is NO good. Nash is one of my favorite players obviously. I don't wanna trade our future for the past. Nash could make the Pacers even more relevant for 1-2 seasons max, then a retirement. I'd rather stay relevant, well, forever. But DC and our young core will keep us relevant for much much longer.

Hicks
04-20-2011, 11:31 PM
I have to say trading Nash for DC+ 1st round Pick is NO good. Nash is one of my favorite players obviously. I don't wanna trade our future for the past. Nash could make the Pacers even more relevant for 1-2 seasons max, then a retirement. I'd rather stay relevant, well, forever. But DC and our young core will keep us relevant for much much longer.

I agree; it's too late. If Nash were a few years younger, I'd offer Collison plus whatever else in a heartbeat, but it doesn't make sense now.

d_c
04-20-2011, 11:34 PM

Looking back at it, nobody ever got mad at Charles Barkley for demanding and eventually forcing trades to contenders (not once, but twice) when it became evident the teams he was on were on the decline.

The same Barkley who ripped on Lebron, a guy who never demanded a trade and simply signed somewhere else as a FA (along with his entire Decision TV special I, suppose).

Hoop
04-20-2011, 11:40 PM
Just what exactly is he worth in trade? Two firsts and a player?
:confused: I don't understand what you are talking about.

King Tuts Tomb
04-20-2011, 11:55 PM
No. There's a distinction between a guy who *might* be at the middle of the prime of his career and a guy who only has a few years left in the league. He and the Suns have run their course. Him leaving now isn't the same as CLE losing LeBron or DEN losing Melo.

Why? Who's qualified to determine when a player is allowed to leave a team or when his career has run it's course?

Nash has been on the Suns for 7 years, just as long as Melo and LeBron were on their respective teams.

idioteque
04-21-2011, 12:03 AM
Why? Who's qualified to determine when a player is allowed to leave a team or when his career has run it's course?

Nash has been on the Suns for 7 years, just as long as Melo and LeBron were on their respective teams.

Wow, your second statement is really not fair at all. Steve Nash is 36 years old, 10 years older than both Lebron or Carmelo. That's the only number that really matters. It has little to to do with how long any player has been with their respective team.

The Suns also won something like 15 less games last year than they did a few years ago. Their decline in wins has fluctuated a bit, but looking at the statistics, you can't argue that they haven't declined. They also have $81 million tied up into three mediocre players for the next several years.

I don't claim to be an authority on these things but that's my perspective. I don't really care either way about Lebron leaving (I just hate the way he did it) and Carmelo is barely a superstar that merits this sort of consideration, but again this is all my opinion and I think Nash is fine to seek greener pastures. I just think your suggestion that there are no evident metrics is not correct.

15th parallel
04-21-2011, 12:23 AM

While I don't share the same sentiments as those who argue about LeBron leaving the Cavs (he's a FA back then that never demanded to be traded and has free will), Nash and LeBron/Melo situations are practically very different. Maybe you can compare Nash situation with the KG situation. Here are things you need to consider:

- Nash is what, 37 years old? He's nearing retirement. LeBron and Melo are 10 years younger I believe, so they have too much left in their tank.

- The Cavs before LeBron left are title contenders. Same is true with the Nuggets before the Melo trade. The Suns are not even in the playoffs this year. If Nash would leave, will the Suns lose a playoff seeding next year? Or will they lose contention to the title next year? Nope, because they are currently out of contention with their current lineup, even with Nash. While the Melo trade didn't affect the Nuggets much this year, the departure of LeBron quickly turned the #1 team of last season to #30 this season.

- Nash is now a complementary piece and not a main man (although a very good complementary piece). He cannot carry the Suns anymore. If they want to retain Nash, the Suns should first start to get a main man through trades to support Nash (although this is almost impossible because their only good asset is Nash, so at any rate they'll have to lose him to get a better return).

King Tuts Tomb
04-21-2011, 12:43 AM
- The Cavs before LeBron left are title contenders. Same is true with the Nuggets before the Melo trade. The Suns are not even in the playoffs this year.

They're not in the playoffs because Nash isn't as good as Melo or LeBron. The Nuggets weren't contenders even with Melo and the only reason the Cavs were contenders was because LeBron singlehandedly made them one.

More than anything I'm curious about this attitude a lot of sports fans have where they think they're qualified to determine what is right or wrong in an athlete's contract negotiations and career. How can you honestly tell another man he's not allowed to further his career however he wants?

Scot Pollard
04-21-2011, 01:04 AM
We are not trading Collison especially for some old hag.

Bird worked hard to get Collison and now he definitely hasn't disappointed the past month and in the playoffs.

We need him to be part of this team so no he's pretty much off limits. As are Hansbrough, George, Hibbert, and possibly Granger.

Constellations
04-21-2011, 01:10 AM

He's actually been with the Suns for a combine 9 years.

15th parallel
04-21-2011, 01:16 AM
They're not in the playoffs because Nash isn't as good as Melo or LeBron. The Nuggets weren't contenders even with Melo and the only reason the Cavs were contenders was because LeBron singlehandedly made them one.

More than anything I'm curious about this attitude a lot of sports fans have where they think they're qualified to determine what is right or wrong in an athlete's contract negotiations and career. How can you honestly tell another man he's not allowed to further his career however he wants?

I remember at one point Nash carried the team deep into the playoffs without too much help from Amare due to injury. At some point he was carrying a LeBron type of load that really made the Suns a team to beat in the West.

For the Melo part, I think he's still a major reason for them to be contenders as he was carrying their offense for the most part, although one of the major reasons was the addition of Billups.

We really can't blame some fans because they invest some emotions to players and teams. LeBron was the main reason the Cleveland sports resurrected and the Cleveland fans came back to watch that team. But ultimately, he was a FA and the situation just worsened because of how he handled it with the media. What I don't like is the Melo situation because he was still under contract, plus he's causing distraction to his own team with how he handled the situation.

Doddage
04-21-2011, 01:19 AM
That would be stupid for the Lakers. Trading big for small is a no-no in general, ESPECIALLY when the big is a skilled and dominant 23 year old and the small is 37. The Lakers have to look to the future themselves when Kobe, Pau, Odom, and Artest are on the decline.

15th parallel
04-21-2011, 01:20 AM
I think if there's any justice in this world Nash will end up in Dallas so he & Dirk can make one final run together.

The Mavs have the pieces & the owner to get a deal done.

If he ends up in Dallas, he'll also have a reunion with fellow PG Jason Kidd.

Two of the best PGs in their generation, joining forces to get that elusive championship in their final years of their careers would be sweet.

ilive4sports
04-21-2011, 02:04 AM

The biggest difference to me is that it is pretty clear that the Suns are in rebuilding mode, or are about to enter it shortly. They have completely broken up the team that went deep in the playoffs and now are out of the playoffs. Cleveland and Denver were teams still trying to win it all. Phoenix is not. They have been shedding salary for years.

With that said I really didn't care about Melo or LeBron leaving their teams. Especially LeBron who left via free agency.

King Tuts Tomb
04-21-2011, 02:07 AM
I remember at one point Nash carried the team deep into the playoffs without too much help from Amare due to injury. At some point he was carrying a LeBron type of load that really made the Suns a team to beat in the West.

Nash has been a very good player but no team he's been on has been a serious title contender. I'd put more blame on D'Antoni for that but Nash was never and true elite player (my opinion of course).

What I don't like is the Melo situation because he was still under contract, plus he's causing distraction to his own team with how he handled the situation.

I've said from the beginning that the way Melo handled it would help the Nuggets. In the end they made out way better than the Cavs and Raptors did when they lost their marquee players.

ilive4sports
04-21-2011, 02:14 AM
Nash has been a very good player but no team he's been on has been a serious title contender. I'd put more blame on D'Antoni for that but Nash was never and true elite player (my opinion of course).

I've said from the beginning that the way Melo handled it would help the Nuggets. In the end they made out way better than the Cavs and Raptors did when they lost their marquee players.

The man won two MVP awards and was the best PG in the game. If thats not elite then I don't know what is. And they went to the WCF two years straight, if thats not a title contender than the Pacers never were in the Jordan era either...

King Tuts Tomb
04-21-2011, 02:52 AM
The man won two MVP awards and was the best PG in the game. If thats not elite then I don't know what is. And they went to the WCF two years straight, if thats not a title contender than the Pacers never were in the Jordan era either...

Not to rehash old arguments but those two MVP awards might be the least deserved of all time. Nash was a very talented passer and shooter. He doesn't deserve two MVPs while playing in the same era as dominant all-time greats like Shaq, Kobe Bryant and Time Duncan. He won those MVPs for reasons that I don't think had anything to do with basketball.

daschysta
04-21-2011, 02:57 AM
Look at the suns record immediately proceeding getting nash and immediately after getting nash...

M(ost) V(aluable) P(layer)

He drastically drastically turned that team around and took them from first round fodder to elite in one offseason.

He didn't win those awards because he's white...

ilive4sports
04-21-2011, 03:18 AM
Even if he didn't deserve to win, he deserved to be in discussion and get votes and was the best PG for a couple of seasons. He most definitely was an elite players

Constellations
04-21-2011, 03:20 AM
Not to rehash old arguments but those two MVP awards might be the least deserved of all time. Nash was a very talented passer and shooter. He doesn't deserve two MVPs while playing in the same era as dominant all-time greats like Shaq, Kobe Bryant and Time Duncan. He won those MVPs for reasons that I don't think had anything to do with basketball.

So you're saying Nash wasn't a dominate player himself? You sounding very cartoonish. I personally believe he deserved those MVP's, as he does a ring as well. And for you to say he wasn't on a title contending team is just, no comment. I honestly believe that last season, had they gotten past the Lakers, they could have very well won a championship..

King Tuts Tomb
04-21-2011, 03:20 AM
Look at the suns record immediately proceeding getting nash and immediately after getting nash...

M(ost) V(aluable) P(layer)

I never said Nash isn't really good, he's just never been a top five elite player in the league. Nash was a great fit for that team and they played a style of basketball very conducive to winning a lot of regular season games. I put a lot less stock into regular season wins than most writers and fans do though.

He drastically drastically turned that team around and took them from first round fodder to elite in one offseason.

He didn't win those awards because he's white...

I don't think he won it solely because he's white, but I don't doubt that's part of it. He also won because he's fun to watch and because he's short and he's a cool guy and because sports writers care more about interesting stories than good basketball.

King Tuts Tomb
04-21-2011, 03:23 AM
So you're saying Nash wasn't a dominate player himself? You sounding very cartoonish. I personally believe he deserved, as he does a ring. And for you to say he wasn't on a title contending team is just, no comment. I honestly believe that last season, had they gotten past the Lakers, they could have very well won a championship..

He deserves a ring? For what?

And had they gotten past the Lakers they would have won the title. Sure. Had I chosen the right numbers last week I'd have won the lottery. Well, I didn't and they didn't. You could play coulda-shoulda all day but what happened, happened.

Edit: And no I don't think he's dominant. He's a very gifted offensive player who's defensive inadequacies were a large part of why they lost in the playoffs so many years in a row without reaching the finals.

Constellations
04-21-2011, 04:09 AM
He deserves a ring? For what?

And had they gotten past the Lakers they would have won the title. Sure. Had I chosen the right numbers last week I'd have won the lottery. Well, I didn't and they didn't. You could play coulda-shoulda all day but what happened, happened.

Edit: And no I don't think he's dominant. He's a very gifted offensive player who's defensive inadequacies were a large part of why they lost in the playoffs so many years in a row without reaching the finals.

You don't believe he deserves a ring? What is wrong with you? Lol

King Tuts Tomb
04-21-2011, 04:21 AM
You don't believe he deserves a ring? What is wrong with you? Lol

I'm not sure I understand what you're getting at. Why does he deserve a ring? He hasn't played on a championship team.

Constellations
04-21-2011, 04:23 AM
I'm not sure I understand what you're getting at. Why does he deserve a ring? He hasn't played on a championship team.

/facepalm :rolleyes:

I'm done.

King Tuts Tomb
04-21-2011, 04:29 AM

I'm done.

You never started. If Nash plays on a championship team he'll win a ring. I'm not sure why he deserves a ring more than any other player in the league though.

ballism
04-21-2011, 05:10 AM
Suns are a 40 win team, we are 37. We had two close losses in the playoffs, but we aren't exactly the contender that Nash wants and deserves.

Constellations
04-21-2011, 05:11 AM
If Nash plays on a championship team he'll win a ring.

So the Lakers in 2008 weren't a championship caliber team? They didn't get a ring that season. He played on a championship caliber team in 08-09 and 09-10. He didn't get a ring. Your statement holds not water.

ballism
04-21-2011, 05:26 AM
The biggest difference to me is that it is pretty clear that the Suns are in rebuilding mode, or are about to enter it shortly. They have completely broken up the team that went deep in the playoffs and now are out of the playoffs. Cleveland and Denver were teams still trying to win it all. Phoenix is not. They have been shedding salary for years.

With that said I really didn't care about Melo or LeBron leaving their teams. Especially LeBron who left via free agency.

Indeed. Replace Sarver and Dan Gilbert (or Kroenke family), and it's a different story. Nash stays and contends under a good owner, and Lebron/Melo can run away from Sarver, and noone would blame them.

King Tuts Tomb
04-21-2011, 05:38 AM
So the Lakers in 2008 weren't a championship caliber team? They didn't get a ring that season. He played on a championship caliber team in 08-09 and 09-10. He didn't get a ring. Your statement holds not water.

What does this have to do with the discussion? They don't give rings to championship caliber teams, they give them to championship winning teams.

I'm just confused more than anything why you think Steve Nash deserves a ring. Because he's fun to watch and you like him?

ballism
04-21-2011, 05:40 AM

A title is not something you 'deserve', imo... Does Reggie deserve a title? Or Karl Malone? No, I'm fine with the guys who took those titles from them.

What Nash does deserve though, is an opportunity to compete. He deserves a team that wouldn't let Joe Johnson go, wouldn't let Amare go and replace him with Turkoglu, and wouldn't sell the draft picks.

Constellations
04-21-2011, 05:40 AM
What does this have to do with the discussion? They don't give rings to championship caliber teams, they give them to championship winning teams.

I'm just confused more than anything why you think Steve Nash deserves a ring. Because he's fun to watch and you like him?

It had everything to do with the discussion actually. You said If he plays on a championship team he'll win a ring. That's baby talk first of all. Let me ask the question this time. Does Reggie Miller deserve a ring?

King Tuts Tomb
04-21-2011, 05:48 AM
It had everything to do with the discussion actually. You said If he plays on a championship team he'll win a ring. That's baby talk first of all. Let me ask the question this time. Does Reggie Miller deserve a ring?

No. No one deserves a ring. You earn one if your team wins 16 games in the playoffs.

Reggie Miller wasn't good enough to win a ring with the teams he had, neither was Nash. In fact, Nash is the only MVP in the history of the NBA to never play in a finals.

Constellations
04-21-2011, 05:48 AM
No. No one deserves a ring. You earn one if your team wins 16 games in the playoffs.

Weak.

King Tuts Tomb
04-21-2011, 05:51 AM
What Nash does deserve though, is an opportunity to compete. He deserves a team that wouldn't let Joe Johnson go, wouldn't let Amare go and replace him with Turkoglu, and wouldn't sell the draft picks.

Totally agree. I like Nash as a player (I just don't think he's as good as he's made out to be) and it's been a shame to watch the Suns continually trade away all their assets to cover costs when they should have been building a championship team.

Constellations
04-21-2011, 05:54 AM
Totally agree. I like Nash as a player (I just don't think he's as good as he's made out to be) and it's been a shame to watch the Suns continually trade away all their assets to cover costs when they should have been building a championship team.

I honestly have no interest in this debate with you if you think Reggie doesn't deserve a ring.

Weak.

KingGeorge
04-21-2011, 06:01 AM
I honestly have no interest in this debate with you if you think Reggie doesn't deserve a ring.

Weak.

Doesn't everyone deserve a ring though? They are special because they are so hard to achieve.

Just because you are a championship player doesn't mean you will win a championship. Teams win titles.

Constellations
04-21-2011, 06:05 AM
Doesn't everyone deserve a ring though? They are special because they are so hard to achieve.

Just because you are a championship player doesn't mean you will win a championship. Teams win titles.

You will not ever convince me that all players deserve rings sarcastically. And I won't be convinced that certain players don't deserve them. When a player like Reggie dedicated his life to this team day in and day out, led Indiana to the finals, not to mention the sports peak of Indiana's history, doesn't deserve a ring. I'm done talking about this. Lol

KingGeorge
04-21-2011, 06:10 AM
You will not ever convince me that all players deserve rings sarcastically. And I won't be convinced that certain players don't deserve them. When a player like Reggie dedicated his life to this team day in and day out, led Indiana to the finals, not to mention the sports peak of Indiana's history, doesn't deserve a ring. I'm done talking about this. Lol

I never said that Reggie doesn't deserve a ring. He is one of my favorite players.

I would love to have seen him win a championship, but unfortunately he couldn't.

I am just saying that there are many athletes like this. A player may deserve a ring, but one player can't win a championship.

ballism
04-21-2011, 06:10 AM

Weak.

Whose ring does he 'deserve'? One of Jordan's? Shaq's? Duncan's? Hakeem's?
Or do you mean an anonymous ring? He can buy one of those in a jewelry shop.

What Reggie deserves is a HOF induction. You can't 'deserve' a ring, unless maybe there's a legit case that a title was stolen from you by the refs (think 1972 Munich Olympics, USA-USSR).

Constellations
04-21-2011, 06:17 AM
Whose ring does he 'deserve'? One of Jordan's? Shaq's? Duncan's? Hakeem's?
Or do you mean an anonymous ring? He can buy one of those in a jewelry shop.

What Reggie deserves is a HOF induction. You can't 'deserve' a ring, unless maybe there's a legit case that a title was stolen from you by the refs (think 1972 Munich Olympics, USA-USSR).

Very obnoxious comeback. He deserves a championship ring. He played in the era of Jordan and Kobe/Shaq. Too of the most highly big marketed teams. You can't tell me they weren't favored to win. But I won't blame that fully on favoring. I'm done on this topic. No need to argue about it. I'm gonna remain stubborn about this and go to sleep. Lol. Goodnight

ballism
04-21-2011, 08:31 AM

I'm done.

I honestly have no interest in this debate

I'm done talking about this. Lol

Very obnoxious comeback. He deserves a championship ring. He played in the era of Jordan and Kobe/Shaq. Too of the most highly big marketed teams. You can't tell me they weren't favored to win. But I won't blame that fully on favoring. I'm done on this topic. No need to argue about it. I'm gonna remain stubborn about this and go to sleep. Lol. Goodnight

Heh:p ok, gn.

I guess your point is then, if you replace Shaq or Jordan, or Hakeem, or Duncan with Reggie on one of those 92-03 title teams, Reggie wins a ring.
I don't think so, but it doesn't matter. Noone deserves a ring for being a great player - ring is not an Oscar. You have Hall of Fame for that.

Either way, this has gone too far off topic.
I hope Nash rejoins the Mavs and has a few more contention runs with Dirk, Tyson Chandler, Butler and Marc Cuban.

spreedom
04-21-2011, 08:45 AM
I still say that IF Nash was to be traded, he'd be going back to Dallas. A Kidd-for-Nash trade works straight up... though J-Kidd has looked pretty great so far in the playoffs for the Mavs after they gave him a few games' rest.