PDA

View Full Version : Hats off to Croshere

Constellations
04-20-2011, 03:50 AM
For a majority of the season and 80-20 of the playoffs I have turned the sound off the T.V. as usual and tuned into 93.1

I can honestly say Austin has done a superb job filling in for Slick. Although there is no replacement for Slick, Austin has definitley earned my attention and respect for a radio sidekick. Future prospect.

P.S. I'm soooo ready for Slick to comeback for his first playoff game in 5 seasons : )

DGPR
04-20-2011, 11:54 AM
I can't stand to listen to Cro on the radio, and he just looks uncomfortable on TV. He constantly fumbles his words and makes listening unpleasurable. Denari, Buckner, and Kellogg are my choice.

Hicks
04-20-2011, 01:09 PM
Austin will do himself and the audience a favor when he learns to not half-shout his words anymore. If/when he learns to be easily heard using a more relaxed, casual voice, that will be a big improvement.

Looking past his delivery, I generally appreciate what he has to say.

Indra
04-21-2011, 07:07 AM
I can't stand to listen to Cro on the radio, and he just looks uncomfortable on TV. He constantly fumbles his words and makes listening unpleasurable. Denari, Buckner, and Kellogg are my choice.

You honestly like Buckner? I despise that guy. I swear if I have to listen to him say, "Travel! He traveled! How is that not a travel?" or "I didn't see the foul there..." I'm going to scream. It's never the right call when it goes against the Pacers.

Even these little annoyances aside, technically speaking he's not a very good commentator either. He stumbles over words, loses track of his thoughts, and is hard to understand at times. Denari is an excellent play-by-play man, and Kellogg is the consummate professional. That guy is totally polished and fair when it comes to calling games.

I'm a Pacers fan and I can't stand when Buckner opens his mouth.

Hicks
04-21-2011, 09:32 AM
If you think Quinn is nothing but a homer, you don't pay attention often enough. Sure, sometimes, but I hear him admit when the Pacers screw up with regularity; he just doesn't go so far as to ever 'rip' them.