PDA

View Full Version : DC: There's a good chance I'll play Thursday

Constellations
04-20-2011, 02:38 AM
http://www.nba.com/pacers/?tmd=1

Video Update on DC.

KingGeorge
04-20-2011, 03:06 AM
The only thing that worries me is if he will be able to defend Rose at all if he is put in that situation.

Moving backwards is the hardest part after having an ankle injury.

Constellations
04-20-2011, 03:09 AM
The only thing that worries me is if he will be able to defend Rose at all if he is put in that situation.

Continue with DC on Bogans and PG on DRose.

KingGeorge
04-20-2011, 03:11 AM
Continue with DC on Bogans and PG on DRose.

I meant if there was a switch.

I'm sure they will figure something out.

Eleazar
04-20-2011, 03:13 AM
I had no doubt he would play Thursday as long as it was only a sprained ankle. It wasn't a situation where it would have been a bad sprang, but it could affect his quickness Thursday.

daschysta
04-20-2011, 04:12 AM
He is absolutely crucial to our offense. His quickness led him to actually exploit derrick rose in the pick and roll, and was among the biggest factors in our offensive success while he was in the game. He forced help to come and found the popper every time.

We badly need him and we need him to be able to be at least somewhat quick.

cgehlhausen4
04-20-2011, 04:24 AM

Paul George will probibly continue to guard rose...you cant stop him but he did a descent job slowing him down...its a shame we lost two games we should have won

Roaming Gnome
04-20-2011, 05:41 AM
All moral and feel good vibes aside, question is... Is DC worth having out there without his blinding speed if he's nursing a bad wheel? No, it's not a dis, but if he is gimpy I'm sure his effectiveness and productivity will be extremely limited.

BringJackBack
04-20-2011, 06:27 AM
I don't know...sometimes I wonder if 99% of players are at their best nursing an injury. They get to play that "Michael Jordan flu game" role and they almost always come up big.

It's great that DC can play.

pacerfreak
04-20-2011, 07:15 AM
All moral and feel good vibes aside, question is... Is DC worth having out there without his blinding speed if he's nursing a bad wheel? No, it's not a dis, but if he is gimpy I'm sure his effectiveness and productivity will be extremely limited.

Yeah, with DC it's all about his quickness. If he isn't 100%, if I'm coach, I'm not sure I would put him in a position to fail, (purely based on what it might do to our team confidence on the floor). AJ will do okay starting, and I'm not so sure a little TJ in the mix is a bad thing at this point in the series. TJ's got some speed and can push our tempo as well as DC, just not as controled.

Trader Joe
04-20-2011, 08:48 AM
You roll him out there, and see if he can go. If he's hurting us, you pull him.

cdash
04-20-2011, 11:21 AM
I had no doubt that he would play this game. We need him. Even if he's on a bad wheel, he's still our best point guard.