PDA

View Full Version : Tickets for Games 3 and 4?

cdash
04-19-2011, 08:56 PM
Hey I couldn't buy tickets before due to not knowing how many I needed to buy before each game (my friends can't commit to do anything more than a week in advance). Now, I'm ready to buy tickets to games 3 and 4 and was wondering if anyone had any tips or if anyone was selling tickets to the games. I only need two for Thursday night. I've checked StubHub and TicketMaster, where else should I go? I'm willing to pay up to 35-40 bucks per ticket for Thursday. Thanks for any help.

El Pacero
04-19-2011, 09:04 PM
ebay, craigslist, local scalper sites, other national scalper sites or scalpers at game... (google "pacers playoff tickets" and you'll unfortunately find lots of them)

pacer4ever
04-19-2011, 10:13 PM
the box office still had some last i checked.

here is the link

http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/05004669877D59C7?artistid=805952&majorcatid=10004&minorcatid=7

vnzla81
04-19-2011, 10:19 PM
Ticketsnow.com still have some tickets for around 39 dollars

smj887
04-20-2011, 12:18 AM
Just a heads up... If you're looking at comparable tickets between TicketsNow and StubHub, TicketsNow has a lower advertised rate but their fees and shipping make up the difference in most cases. So if you're looking at a $30 ticket on TicketsNow and a $40 ticket on StubHub, the $40 SH may actually be cheaper because they don't gouge you on prices like TicketsNow.

Most of the random scalper sites go off of the same inventory and any price differences are made up for in fees ($33 and $7 fees on one site will be $35 and $5 on another site) so I wouldn't waste too much time screwing around on them. TicketsNow and StubHub, at the very least, provide pretty decent customer service as opposed to the hole-in-the-wall sites.

Best advice for your price range is to get on Craigslist and find people selling balcony seats, and start shooting out offers left and right. You shouldn't have any problems getting them for $40 a ticket, but with some persistence I bet you could get decent balcony seats for ~$30, if not cheaper. And you might find some cheap tickets that pop up in the next couple days. I sold a pair of balcony seats for $15 a piece earlier this week, I wish I'd known there would actually be demand for them on here, would have gladly sold them to a PD'er.

CooperManning
04-20-2011, 12:27 AM
I got tickets for Thursday, but I'm thinking of getting scalpers' tickets for Saturday. Any estimates on how much I could expect to pay for two good balcony seats or two "bad" (I know there's no such thing at Conseco) lower level seats? Is $150 realistic for a pair, or should I expect $200+?

smj887
04-20-2011, 12:40 AM
I got tickets for Thursday, but I'm thinking of getting scalpers' tickets for Saturday. Any estimates on how much I could expect to pay for two good balcony seats or two "bad" (I know there's no such thing at Conseco) lower level seats? Is $150 realistic for a pair, or should I expect $200+?

$50 a ticket should get you good balcony tickets, given the right amount of effort. A lot of people are asking as high as 100 for balcony. But Craigslist and haggling go hand in hand.

For lower level, I would expect to pay at least $100 a ticket. That was about the cheapest I saw on ebay earlier, think they were sec20/row21. I bought sec12/row17 on eBay earlier for 230 earlier and thought it was a pretty good price, this after several days of feverishly watching prices. I really wish I hadn't waited to buy, everything is above face value and the game is basically sold out.

Ill pit this here not specifically for you, Cooper, but for anyone buying tickets and thinking of using Craigslist - I didn't mention this in the other post since the guy was only looking at balcony, but be very wary of people selling lowers on CL and wanting you to use Paypal and then they mail tickets. I've seen a LOT of people show up in areas remote to both Indy and Chicago selling tickets. If you absolutely must do Paypal, make sure the funds request clearly states the game, date, venue, row, and seats. Can't be too careful with this stuff. DO NOT WIRE MONEY, period. Ask then to ship COD. A guy wanted me to wire him money earlier this, and refused to do COD even when I offered to cover fees. It was just really sketch. Obviously try to deal local or over eBay. A lot of this may seem obvious, but I just don't want to see anyone get burned.

Parts of this may have weird typos, sorry I was using my phone to type the whole post and sometimes autocorrect throws it off.

CooperManning
04-20-2011, 01:21 AM
Thanks for the info, I appreciate it.