PDA

View Full Version : Questions about the more silent members of the team...

docpaul
04-19-2011, 03:28 PM
1) Hibbert has been largely silent and rendered ineffective. Then again, he's typically fallen short against the Bulls this year. He gets herky-jerky and uncomfortable in his movements in the post. Is Noah kryptonite? Are the Bulls shutting down the post passing lanes? It seemed to me that Foster had better luck in the post than Hibbert did.

2) What do you think is going through Lance's mind at this point? What a massive lost opportunity for him.

3) Could Posey be used in spot circumstances at game's end to take Rose charges?

4) When Dunleavy was clearly rejuvenating the offensive sets in the 3rd last night, why didn't Vogel keep him in more?

Trader Joe
04-19-2011, 03:31 PM
1.) In order for Noah to be kryptonite, Hibbert would have had to at some point be super man.

2.) Nothing

3.) No.

4.) Decided that Rush and George's defense was more valuable.

BillS
04-19-2011, 03:35 PM
1.) In order for Noah to be kryptonite, Hibbert would have had to at some point be super man.

Well, it would work if Roy was Supergirl, Krypto, Streaky, Comet, or even Beppo.

In fact, Streaky seems awfully appropriate...

Hicks
04-19-2011, 04:07 PM
2) What do you think is going through Lance's mind at this point?

I have a guess. (http://www.webhamster.com/)

docpaul
04-19-2011, 04:13 PM
Well, it would work if Roy was Supergirl, Krypto, Streaky, Comet, or even Beppo.

In fact, Streaky seems awfully appropriate...

Two performances don't make a trend, but if Hibbert continues to come up so short in this series, the whole "taking a low-risk flier on Oden" idea doesn't sound quite as awful as it did before.

Imagine us with a really solid post presence in this series...

It will be interesting to see how Hibbert tries to transform his body in the offseason to lower his center of gravity... as the dude just can't seem to keep good position.

Sookie
04-19-2011, 04:17 PM
1. Hibbert is getting in foul trouble, that's more of the problem, I think.
2. Nothing
3. No
4. Because when you have to keep PG in on Rose, and therefore the choice is between Dun and Granger. And Vogel is ballsy, but he's not that ballsy.

pacer4ever
04-19-2011, 04:24 PM
You cant take charges on rose it is impossible

BringJackBack
04-19-2011, 04:26 PM
It is not impossible. Extremely, extremely difficult? Yes. Impossible? No.

jcouts
04-19-2011, 04:41 PM
This series thus far has made me want to sign Nene more than ever...especially after watching him throw down facials on Perkins and Ibaka several times the other night.

He could even play the 4 if he had to...he played the 4 alongside Camby in Denver a few years ago.

pizza guy
04-19-2011, 06:22 PM
I have a guess. (http://www.webhamster.com/)

That made my day.

BringJackBack
04-21-2011, 07:53 PM
You cant take charges on rose it is impossible

AHEM...two charges taken on Rose in this game. In the first half.

jhondog28
04-21-2011, 09:38 PM
I know there will be a lot of grangers love on this board but man does this team need someone who can create their own shot. Grangers may be the worst on the team at it

Anthem
04-21-2011, 10:00 PM
I know there will be a lot of grangers love on this board but man does this team need someone who can create their own shot. Grangers may be the worst on the team at it
He may not be good at it, and he's not as good at it as Rose, but "worst on the team" is ridiculous.

jeffg-body
04-21-2011, 10:42 PM
1. I think nerves are getting to Hibbert. He just seems tense and is rushing everything.
2. I hope he is thinking this way and actually says to himself "I need to act as a professional now on and off of the court".
3. I could see either Posey or Solo in to clog the paint a little. Someone needs to give him a good "playoff foul".
4. I am just as confused on that decision as well. Maybe he's limiting Dun's minutes due to the thumb issue and there may be some lingering pain there too.

Hoop
04-21-2011, 11:13 PM
2) What do you think is going through Lance's mind at this point?
:tumbleweed:

xIndyFan
04-21-2011, 11:27 PM
1) Hibbert has been largely silent and rendered ineffective. Then again, he's typically fallen short against the Bulls this year. He gets herky-jerky and uncomfortable in his movements in the post. Is Noah kryptonite? Are the Bulls shutting down the post passing lanes? It seemed to me that Foster had better luck in the post than Hibbert did.

1) roy is still young and learning. he has made great progress this year. but still has a way to go. noah is big and strong. he is able to push roy off the block. and tall enough to get to roy's shots.

plus the pacers really lack a guy [except maybe mike] that can feed the post. especially against any kind of pressure.

2) What do you think is going through Lance's mind at this point? What a massive lost opportunity for him.

2) hopefully lance can see being a stuck up guy only works as long as you are the best player. since he isn't, he has a chance to start learning all those lessons about going along and getting along that most of us learn in middle school.

3) Could Posey be used in spot circumstances at game's end to take Rose charges?

3) no

4) When Dunleavy was clearly rejuvenating the offensive sets in the 3rd last night, why didn't Vogel keep him in more?

4) mainly because he doesn't have anyone to guard. with the pacers switching the SG to cover rose, the PG has to cover the bulls SG. that leaves deng for mike. deng is too big and strong for mike to cover for any length of time.