PDA

View Full Version : Michael Grady tweets, "Pacers sellout??? I'm hearing they've sold the remaining few thousand within the hour....."

O'Braindead
04-19-2011, 02:12 PM
mg_indy Michael Grady
Pacers sellout??? I'm hearing they've sold the remaining few thousand within the hour......
5 minutes ago

Does this mean that we should prepare for Chicago fans bombarding Conseco, or are these Pacers fans?

Speed
04-19-2011, 02:15 PM
I would guess a huge Bulls group, lets hope we are louder.

Trader Joe
Batten down the hatches.

Hicks
Unfortunately, I'm assuming Bulls fans. Especially after I heard how much cheaper our tickets are than those at the United Center.

I mean if we were the #1 seed, and Game 3 was in Chicago, and their tickets were half the price of ours, wouldn't you go if you could?

Lord Helmet
Bulls bandwagons from Indy.

BPump33
There will be thousands of Bulls fans in Conseco Thursday night. No matter what happens (and I'm talking to myself here, mainly), we have to keep our composure and not resort to the tactics of the Bulls fans (people in the UC last night).

I'm getting goosebumps just thinking of the atmosphere. I can't wait.

makaveli
04-19-2011, 02:18 PM
There will be thousands of Bulls fans in Conseco Thursday night. No matter what happens (and I'm talking to myself here, mainly), we have to keep our composure and not resort to the tactics of the Bulls fans (people in the UC last night).

I'm getting goosebumps just thinking of the atmosphere. I can't wait.

Same goes. Got no problem with those traveling down I-65 to support their team, but GOTTDAMN I hate those from the 317 area code that will show up sporting red. Just have to out yell them!

PacersRule
04-19-2011, 02:24 PM
....Hopefully Pacers fans. It would make sense 'cause a lot of people might have thought the games would be blowouts, but after watching the last two games the Pacers have remained competitive. Or they just took Trader Joe's "our team needs us now" thread to heart;)

Trader Joe
04-19-2011, 02:25 PM
....Hopefully Pacers fans. It would make sense 'cause a lot of people might have thought the games would be blowouts, but after watching the last two games the Pacers have remained competitive. Or they just took Trader Joe's "our team needs us now" thread to heart;)

:buddies:

Scot Pollard
04-19-2011, 02:32 PM
the ticket rep who sold me my tickets said she didnt think too many bulls are coming at least not as many as during the season

she said a lot of local fans came in a bought a lot

i cant stand those bandwagon fans

i saw a get well soon video for slick and a bandwagoner is jumping around like a damn mental fool in the background

who do they think they are coming into our state of the art arena and trashing it

hopefully that woman was right that she didnt get too many bulls fans buying and 18000+ tickets are for pacers fans

im thinking itll be a like a home opener

theres no reason why people here, pacers fans wont want to sellout the fieldhouse

everyone has been waiting for this moment for years

BPump33
04-19-2011, 02:33 PM
the ticket rep who sold me my tickets said she didnt think too many bulls are coming at least not as many as during the season

she said a lot of local fans came in a bought a lot

i cant stand those bandwagon fans

i saw a get well soon video for slick and a bandwagoner is jumping around like a damn mental fool in the background

hopefully that woman was right that she didnt get too many bulls fans buying and 18000+ tickets are for pacers fans

im thinking itll be a like a home opener

The problem is a lot of local people are Bulls fans. A LOT.

Eddie Gill
04-19-2011, 02:34 PM
Might not be a bad thing Game 3 is on NBA TV..:blush:

Unclebuck
04-19-2011, 02:35 PM
yes, all you have to do is go to ticketmaster.com and you can see only a few scattered single tickets available

I fear however that a lot of Bulls fans scooped them up at the last minute

Scot Pollard
04-19-2011, 02:38 PM
The problem is a lot of local people are Bulls fans. A LOT.

yeah since the start of this season

i just wonder where all these fools were before this season

they fill up everyone in the central divisions arenas so theres a lot of local bulls fans everywhere

what happens in indy tends to be the same everywhere else

this is the playoffs and theres definitely way more pacers fan in indianapolis of course

by locals im sure she meant pacers fans

Young
04-19-2011, 02:38 PM
I read on Mike Wells twitter that security had to be called over where Pacer fans were sitting because Bulls fans were throwing things at them. I really hope the opposite doesn't happen in Conseco. I just have never understood what makes people think they have the right to throw things at other fans.

Scot Pollard
04-19-2011, 02:40 PM
I read on Mike Wells twitter that security had to be called over where Pacer fans were sitting because Bulls fans were throwing things at them. I really hope the opposite doesn't happen in Conseco. I just have never understood what makes people think they have the right to throw things at other fans.

i hate those people so much

Unclebuck
They sold about 3000 in the past 24 hours or so, that is pretty quick and I was at the Conseco box office around noon today and I was the only person there.

A huge warning for those of you who purchased from ticketmaster and plan to pick up at will call. There will be huge lines, get there early

KingGeorge
We could just throw stuff at the Bulls fans... but we're better than that.

Psyren
04-19-2011, 02:41 PM
I'm assuming Bulls fans as well.

The vast majority of people in Indianapolis still don't care about the Pacers, even if we are winning.

Let's hope we can drown the Bulls fans out!

RWB
04-19-2011, 02:42 PM
Stub Hub has about 500 tickets still available, so if Bulls fans want tickets they are still easy to come by. Pretty simple though, if the Pacers look good it will keep the carpet baggers quiet and on their hands.

Scot Pollard
04-19-2011, 02:43 PM
why do they even come?

they make the fieldhouse look like **** with there stupid jerseys and only cheering for derrick rose

i want us to make them feel so bad

BillS
04-19-2011, 02:43 PM
Yeah, I'm betting there will be a few thousand Bulls fans. As peaceful a person as I am, if someone near me starts shouting "MVP" I'll have to restrain the Fist of Death :boxer:

On a serious note, though, having spent so many years as a Pacer Fan in Exile makes me extremely sensitive to the treatment of fans of the opposing team. Good-natured ribbing is OK, banter, things on a fun level, but group harassment (and anything physical) is out. You can't be CERTAIN the guy with the DRose shirt is a bandwagon fan, anymore than the guy with a Hansbrough shirt is somehow guaranteed to be a bandwagon Pacer fan.

Keep it classy, folks.

AMoore
04-19-2011, 02:44 PM
Long time lurker. I just bought 4 tickets around 11am this morning to take my family. I went to the Memorial Day playoff game back in 95 (Smits game winner). Can't wait to have the kids experience a play off game.

Scot Pollard
I'm assuming Bulls fans as well.

The vast majority of people in Indianapolis still don't care about the Pacers, even if we are winning.

Let's hope we can drown the Bulls fans out!

it should change within a good few years

people here are pretty confusing when it comes to what they like

Mackey_Rose
I'm sure there will be many, many Bulls fans.

However, I do know several Pacers fans who have bought tickets today.

Hicks
04-19-2011, 02:45 PM
They sold about 3000 in the past 24 hours or so, that is pretty quick and I was at the Conseco box office around noon today and I was the only person there.

A huge warning for those of you who purchased from ticketmaster and plan to pick up at will call. There will be huge lines, get there early

Yep; that's why when I bought mine I just opted to print out my ticket.

Unclebuck
04-19-2011, 02:48 PM
I'm having a flashback. In 1995 in the playoff series aginast the Knicks fans started throwing stuff on the floor (a few did) and larry brown grabbed the mic and what did he say?

BillS
04-19-2011, 02:54 PM
I'm having a flashback. In 1995 in the playoff series aginast the Knicks fans started throwing stuff on the floor (a few did) and larry brown grabbed the mic and what did he say?

"Anything silver is mine?" :zip:

RWB
04-19-2011, 02:55 PM
Long time lurker. I just bought 4 tickets around 11am this morning to take my family. I went to the Memorial Day playoff game back in 95 (Smits game winner). Can't wait to have the kids experience a play off game.

Welcome to PD, you joined at the perfect time.

Trader Joe
04-19-2011, 02:58 PM

"Remember being here in 2 seasons suckers."?

Kid Minneapolis
04-19-2011, 03:01 PM
The MVP chant was cute back in November. Now, it's just really, really lame.

Peck
04-19-2011, 03:03 PM

"Let them play. It's not their fault let them play".

tfarks
04-19-2011, 03:04 PM
I'm just gonna pick up my tickets from will call tomorrow when no one is there still.

rock747
04-19-2011, 03:26 PM
I know some pacer fans that were looking to buy some tickets today after being inspired by yesterdays game- no joke.

Unclebuck
04-19-2011, 03:27 PM
I'm just gonna pick up my tickets from will call tomorrow when no one is there still.

I'm a little tired today, so I could easily be wrong - it was a late night last night - but I'm thinking you cannot do that, I know that sounds strange. But don't take my word on it, call the box office first to save a trip

Scot Pollard
04-19-2011, 03:27 PM
Also the rep who I got my tickets from showed me this page where I can choose from.

http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/05004669877D59C7?artistid=805952&majorcatid=10004&minorcatid=7&brand=pacers

There's still a few open seats at this point but not many

Unclebuck
04-19-2011, 03:28 PM
"Let them play. It's not their fault let them play".

Was that at the playoff game against the Knicks or was that the Rockets game from Brown's first month as coach - I forget the scenerio but fans threw stuff pon the court then too, although I don't remember if Brown grabbed the mic then or not

BPump33
04-19-2011, 03:29 PM
I'm a little tired today, so I could easily be wrong - it was a late night last night - but I'm thinking you cannot do that, I know that sounds strange. But don't take my word on it, call the box office first to save a trip

I have walked down on my lunch break and picked up tickets in will call before, but yeah I would still call first.

joeyd
04-19-2011, 03:34 PM
Yeah, I'm betting there will be a few thousand Bulls fans. As peaceful a person as I am, if someone near me starts shouting "MVP" I'll have to restrain the Fist of Death :boxer:
Keep it classy, folks.

I can think of a few things we can add to the end of the MVP chant, like -nut or even better -nis, and I still dare say it would be more classy than what the Bulls fans showed us last night. Not that I'd be chanting this response. I'm still going with "Bring Frank Back."

And as long as the Bulls fans are well-spaced throughout Conseco, they won't bother me too much.

joeyd
04-19-2011, 03:36 PM
Only a few courtside seats available together as of now. Some higher priced balcony tickets, but only a handful; otherwise only single seats.

Yeah, sellout!

rock747
04-19-2011, 03:42 PM
Also the rep who I got my tickets from showed me this page where I can choose from.

http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/05004669877D59C7?artistid=805952&majorcatid=10004&minorcatid=7&brand=pacers

I wish i would have used that page when I bought my tix the day they went on sale.... I would have gotten aisle seats.

Scot Pollard
04-19-2011, 03:43 PM
Why does a team like the Warriors nearly sellout every game and they suck and meanwhile if the Lakers come the place is still packed with home fans?

Those are some diehard fans.

Peck
04-19-2011, 03:43 PM
Was that at the playoff game against the Knicks or was that the Roockets game from Brown's first month as coach - I forget the scenerio but fans threw stuff pon the court then too, although I don't remember if Brown grabbed the mic then or not

He did it both times.

During the Rockets game he said "let them play. Somebody's going to get hurt"

Very similar but slightly different.

Rockets game was Ice. N.Y. game was coins, popcorn and paper.

Scot Pollard
04-19-2011, 03:44 PM
I wish i would have used that page when I bought my tix the day they went on sale.... I would have gotten aisle seats.

I like how you can zoom in to see the individual seats available.

ChicagoJ
04-19-2011, 03:53 PM

On a serious note, though, having spent so many years as a Pacer Fan in Exile makes me extremely sensitive to the treatment of fans of the opposing team. Good-natured ribbing is OK, banter, things on a fun level, but group harassment (and anything physical) is out. You can't be CERTAIN the guy with the DRose shirt is a bandwagon fan, anymore than the guy with a Hansbrough shirt is somehow guaranteed to be a bandwagon Pacer fan.

Keep it classy, folks.

True.

But IF (and I know its a big IF) we can tie this series up on Saturday, I'll be happy to help lead the "O-VER-RATE-ED" chant from Section222.

Hicks
04-19-2011, 04:02 PM

Yeah, that was a new discovery to me last week. That's how I wound up with the ticket I have.

pizza guy
04-19-2011, 04:03 PM

The only thing better would be if you could click on the seat and see a picture from that seat. I've seen that somewhere, and it's really cool.

Unclebuck
04-19-2011, 04:03 PM
Yeah, that was a new discovery to me last week. That's how I wound up with the ticket I have.

Not sure exactly when they started that but I know they have had that feature this whole season.

CableKC
04-19-2011, 04:04 PM

Not bad......$250 for 3rd row Center Court seats or seats right behind the Pacers Bench?

I've paid half that for seats in row 12 in Oracle Arena and they weren't even in the center.

BillS
04-19-2011, 04:05 PM
The only thing better would be if you could click on the seat and see a picture from that seat. I've seen that somewhere, and it's really cool.

You can get a view from the section and row to a granularity of like 5-10 rows, if I remember correctly. Not perfect, but pretty cool.

CableKC
04-19-2011, 04:06 PM
True.

But IF (and I know its a big IF) we can tie this series up on Saturday, I'll be happy to help lead the "O-VER-RATE-ED" chant from Section222.
I'm assuming that you're making that drive all the way from Chicago to go see at least 1 of these games in Indy?

ChicagoJ
04-19-2011, 04:11 PM
I'm assuming that you're making that drive all the way from Chicago to go see at least 1 of these games in Indy?

Daytrip!!

CT Pacer
04-19-2011, 04:11 PM
Not bad......$250 for 3rd row Center Court seats or seats right behind the Pacers Bench?

I've paid half that for seats in row 12 in Oracle Arena and they weren't even in the center.

I'm contemplating snagging up one of those tickets and making the 14 hour drive from Connecticut, just don't know if one of my vehicles is up to the challenge.

pacer4ever
04-19-2011, 04:27 PM
This is no surprise. We sold out vs the Bulls in the regular season.

Doddage
04-19-2011, 04:36 PM
I'm going to be extremely pissed off if there's more Bulls fans than Pacers fans at Conseco for Games 3 and 4. I do expect it, but that doesn't make me any happier.

ChicagoJ
04-19-2011, 04:37 PM

Dad started hinting about a month ago, "you know, we haven't missed very many home playoff games over the years." He has turned into a huge fan of Hibbert this season. So yes, we're going Saturday. Thursday just doesn't work for us.

pacer4ever
04-19-2011, 04:38 PM
http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/05004669877D59C7?artistid=805952&majorcatid=10004&minorcatid=7 still a 100 or so seats left

Unclebuck
04-19-2011, 04:43 PM
http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/05004669877D59C7?artistid=805952&majorcatid=10004&minorcatid=7 still a 100 or so seats left

what is the deal with the one balcony section where two whole rows are available - that wasn't there a few hours ago

Drewtone
04-19-2011, 04:46 PM
Didn't a Bulls fan get stabbed outside of MSA after a game years ago??? Things have certainly gotten more gentle since then.

Peck
04-19-2011, 04:53 PM
Didn't a Bulls fan get stabbed outside of MSA after a game years ago??? Things have certainly gotten more gentle since then.

Yip, stabbed on level 6 and thrown over the edge to level 3.

ChicagoJ
04-19-2011, 04:55 PM

What was that, '93? '92? It was before Jordan's first retirement.

Drewtone
04-19-2011, 05:01 PM

Maybe a printout of that headline on each seat in the arena as a 'gentle reminder'????

;)

CableKC
04-19-2011, 05:03 PM
Seriously? this happened?

CableKC
04-19-2011, 05:04 PM
You should all plan a quick Halftime PD get together. At least snap a picture and bond or something....:buddies:

BillS
04-19-2011, 05:08 PM
Seriously? this happened?

http://www.pacersdigest.com/apache2-default/showpost.php?p=1113151&postcount=11

links to the research page with the article.

Peck
04-19-2011, 05:09 PM

You know I wanna say it was 91 but to be honest I'm not sure. I'm pretty certain it was before Larry Brown though.

I was at the game and saw the mad rush of Police but didn't see anything myself.

Edit: Ok I see by the article that it was 90, so we were close.

Inca Street
04-19-2011, 05:09 PM
"Anything silver is mine?" :zip:

BillS - are you a precious metals investor? Ag breached 44FRNs today :dance:

asmithxc
04-19-2011, 05:11 PM

'91.

http://www.highbeam.com/doc/1P2-4045761.html

Pacers won the game: http://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/199103020IND.html

vnzla81
04-19-2011, 05:11 PM
Does anybody here knows if ticketsnow is a good webside?

El Pacero
04-19-2011, 05:14 PM
Ticketsnow is a legit site.

If you think there will be only a few thousand Bulls fans, you are going to be surprised. I'll be conservative and guess 50%. It will be terrible.

Unclebuck
04-19-2011, 05:17 PM
I would predict around 20% Bulls fans which is still around 3500 fans which is still a ton.

El Pacero
04-19-2011, 05:22 PM
I would predict around 20% Bulls fans which is still around 3500 fans which is still a ton.

I hope you're right, but I'm thinking playoffs is going to bump up regular Bulls attendance at the Fieldhouse a lot, especially from Chicago fans. At least half of Bulls fans I talked to at Game 1 & 2 are making the trip due to cheaper ticket prices.

BillS
04-19-2011, 05:24 PM

If you think there will be only a few thousand Bulls fans, you are going to be surprised. I'll be conservative and guess 50%. It will be terrible.

Wasn't that high a percentage by any means at the last regular season game, which was not even with an energized Pacer fan base. There will be a lot, and they will be loud, but it won't be half the Fieldhouse.

CableKC
04-19-2011, 05:32 PM
Not everyone can take a day off and drive all the way to Indy to see a Playoff game on a weekday.

I'm going to guess that the ratio of Bulls fans to Pacer fans on Thursday's game is going to be smaller then the Saturday game...ESPECIALLY if the Pacers lose in Game 3 and there is a chance for a sweep.

El Pacero
04-19-2011, 05:37 PM
Wasn't that high a percentage by any means at the last regular season game, which was not even with an energized Pacer fan base. There will be a lot, and they will be loud, but it won't be half the Fieldhouse.

Yeah after posting I thought of last Bulls game, which wasn't nearly as bad, and then thought maybe 40%. The other Bulls games were bad though. You're right about Thursday vs Saturday. I just think it's gonna be a lot worse than we think.

CableKC
04-19-2011, 05:40 PM
All of you will have to tell me....but outside of what you usually see to get your Pacer news ( which is above average then the casual fan )...how much news / promotion do you hear about the Pacers being in the Playoff in Indiana itself?

For example, I live in San Jose and the Sharks are in the NHL Playoffs. Although there are devout Sharks fans that know them like I know the Pacers....there isn't a huge contingent of NHL Hockey Fans in the Bay Area. If I didn't hear about the Sharks being in the Playoffs....I wouldn't have paid attention to them at all.

This goes back to what I was saying about how poorly the Pacers PR / Marketing department has promoted this. At this point...if there are hundreds of tickets left with 2 days left to the 1st Playoff game in 5 years......the Pacers PR/Ticketing department should be doing their best to get rid of them just to remind the city/state that there is another Team in Indianapolis not named the Colts.

BillS
04-19-2011, 05:46 PM
This goes back to what I was saying about how poorly the Pacers PR / Marketing department has promoted this. At this point...if there are hundreds of tickets left with 2 days left to the 1st Playoff game in 5 years......the Pacers PR/Ticketing department should be doing their best to get rid of them just to remind the city/state that there is another Team in Indianapolis not named the Colts.

Well, first off it hasn't even been a week since we knew what days/times the playoff games here would be. For non-diehard fans, they aren't going to buy a ticket until they know for sure that they can go to the game.

Second, it hasn't been 4 days since we first had the idea that maybe it wouldn't just be a matter of the Pacers getting run over like a penny on a train track.

Third, it hasn't been 24 hours since we found out the first response wasn't a fluke.

I think, given the history of the team, that casual fans were waiting to have a reason to come out.

I think it has been all over the papers and TV stations, never mind the rally last Friday. I wouldn't blame the marketing people.

pizza guy
04-19-2011, 05:56 PM
If the Pacers can put on another good show, and especially if they win this game on Thursday, this will likely be the last thread we have on attendance. These guys are exciting, and I have heard a lot more positive talk about the Pacers where I live (about 2 hours north of Indy). People are starting to realize that there's an NBA team in Indy again, and I think next year the attendance won't be nearly the issue it has been these last few years.

Add another productive offseason (Vogel or a better coach, Bird stays, another unexpected trade, etc), and we'll really have some buzz around this team from people other than those of us here at PD.

CooperManning
04-19-2011, 06:07 PM
Flying in from LA to go to the games. Wasn't planning on it, but I couldn't resist after watching games 1 and 2.

CableKC
04-19-2011, 06:56 PM
Flying in from LA to go to the games. Wasn't planning on it, but I couldn't resist after watching games 1 and 2.
Damn...I was thinking of doing the same from SJ.

You should get those seats right behind the Pacers bench for $250 a pop and hold up a sign that says "I flew out from LA to see the Pacers in the Playoffs cuz of my Passion and Pride for the Team!"...you might as well go all out if you're going to fly out from LA to see the Pacers ;)

pacer4ever
04-19-2011, 08:10 PM

I stick by my first guess 50% maybe more

idioteque
04-19-2011, 08:18 PM
I stick by my first guess 50% maybe more

I doubt there has ever been an NBA playoff game where the fan split was 50/50.

pacer4ever
04-19-2011, 08:24 PM

You werent at the Bulls vs Pacers this year it was easily split 50/50 both games maybe more. They came up by the bus load it was crazy. I hope im wrong but simply because it is cheaper than Chicago tickets there will be a ton. Plus there are tons of Bulls fans in Indy. Thursday might not be horrible but saturday will be UC 2.

Scot Pollard
04-19-2011, 08:33 PM
There won't be 9000 Bulls fans there.

This is the playoffs.

Pacers fans here aren't that against this team. It's the playoffs and it'll be filled with home fans.

Everyone's been waiting for the Pacers in the playoffs for years. It won't be filled with Bulls fans.

I don't even think these are true Bulls fans and I'm sure a lot are driving from Illinois.

Like UB said, I'm going with maybe 3000 Bulls fans. Still a lot but not enough to overpower the home crowd.

vnzla81
04-19-2011, 08:42 PM
OK, so I just got my tickets for Thursday, I'll be taking the long trip from Fishers to downtown Indy :D tomorrow I am going to buy my first Pacers jersey ever and of course is going to be the one with the number #50 :cool:

Go Pacers :dance:

Scot Pollard
04-19-2011, 08:52 PM
OK, so I just got my tickets for Thursday, I'll be taking the long trip from Fishers to downtown Indy :D tomorrow I am going to buy my first Pacers jersey ever and of course is going to be the one with the number #50 :cool:

Go Pacers :dance:

Good choice and I'll be sporting my #50.

A lot of Pacers fans at the games sport #50. He's really become a fan favorite and he's only gotten better.

TheDon
04-19-2011, 09:27 PM
I recently was blessed with a new job i've had a nice chunk of change from tax return still floating around. I couldn't bear the thought of Conseco being filled with more Bulls than Pacers fans so I bought my friend and I a ticket for game three it might only be two more voices but they'll be cheering long and loud for the blue and gold :buddies:

Trophy
04-19-2011, 09:31 PM
I was watching a Bucks/Bulls game from Milwaukee earlier this year and I seriously think there were more Bulls fans than Bucks fans.

I don't think it'll be too bad since it's the playoffs, but I'm sure a good thousand or so will be Bulls fans.

Also I rewatched some of the recent Pacers home game against the Bulls and it definitely sounded louder when the Pacers scored.

itzryan07
04-19-2011, 09:45 PM
bunch of bandwagons.

BillS
04-20-2011, 11:03 AM
You werent at the Bulls vs Pacers this year it was easily split 50/50 both games maybe more. They came up by the bus load it was crazy. I hope im wrong but simply because it is cheaper than Chicago tickets there will be a ton. Plus there are tons of Bulls fans in Indy. Thursday might not be horrible but saturday will be UC 2.

There is no way there were 50% Bulls fans at the last game in Indy. If there were, they got drowned out pretty easily.

Many of us discussed after the game that we were surprised the number of Bulls fans was as low as it was.

BPump33
04-20-2011, 11:08 AM
There is no way there were 50% Bulls fans at the last game in Indy. If there were, they got drowned out pretty easily.

Many of us discussed after the game that we were surprised the number of Bulls fans was as low as it was.

I don't think it being 50/50, especially on Saturday is out of the question.

We had the same discussion after that game, but about how many Bulls fans were there. I don't think it was as bad as the Lakers game was, but I thought it was pretty bad.

CableKC
04-20-2011, 11:47 AM
Will this technically be the largest gathering of PD forum members in a single place in the last couple of years?

cdash
04-20-2011, 11:53 AM
There is no good place to put this so I guess I'll throw it in here. I have a job interview up in Chicago next Wednesday and I was thinking of how much I'd love to get my *** kicked at the United Center on Tuesday night (if need be, which I think there will be a need). How much do you think I would be dropping on a single ticket to a crappy seat in the United Center? Anyone have an idea?

CooperManning
04-20-2011, 11:58 AM
There is no good place to put this so I guess I'll throw it in here. I have a job interview up in Chicago next Wednesday and I was thinking of how much I'd love to get my *** kicked at the United Center on Tuesday night (if need be, which I think there will be a need). How much do you think I would be dropping on a single ticket to a crappy seat in the United Center? Anyone have an idea?

$75ish for a single nose-bleed seat I'd guess.

cdash
04-20-2011, 12:05 PM

So I'd pay $75 plus my hotel and whatever other BS I do in that city. I don't think I've ever had fun in Chicago. I always seem to go for either job interviews or some other non-fun business.

ChicagoJ
04-20-2011, 12:38 PM

Too low. By at about 50%.

BRushWithDeath
04-20-2011, 12:52 PM
Tickets are still available for game 5 on Ticketmaster.com Cheapest is $90.00.

CooperManning
04-20-2011, 02:00 PM
Too low. By at about 50%.

Yeah?

http://www.stubhub.com/chicago-bulls-playoff-tickets/bulls-vs-pacers-4-26-2011-1051133/

ChicagoJ
04-20-2011, 02:14 PM
Yeah?

http://www.stubhub.com/chicago-bulls-playoff-tickets/bulls-vs-pacers-4-26-2011-1051133/

Well, I paid 2x that for Game #2 the other night via Ticketmaster and was in the 300 level. But I wasn't in "nosebleeds", I was in the second row of the 300 level. That's probably the difference, I didn't realize the top five-ten rows of the 300 level were half the price of the lower 10 rows.

Peck
04-20-2011, 02:27 PM
Well, I paid 2x that for Game #2 the other night via Ticketmaster and was in the 300 level. But I wasn't in "nosebleeds", I was in the second row of the 300 level. That's probably the difference, I didn't realize the top five-ten rows of the 300 level were half the price of the lower 10 rows.

D@mned accountants....;)

naptownmenace
04-20-2011, 02:29 PM
Has either game sold out? I'll be there Saturday and it would be cool if it is packed with wall-to-wall Pacers fans.

Naptown_Seth
04-20-2011, 02:45 PM

Go HOURS early and then go do something else. Stop by after work first, etc.

You will hate life if you think 30 minutes before tip is good enough for Will Call, especially if a lot of tix went to Chicago people driving down.

joeyd
04-20-2011, 03:11 PM
You will hate life if you think 30 minutes before tip is good enough for Will Call, especially if a lot of tix went to Chicago people driving down.

I think you may have stumbled on a great idea for keeping the Bulls fans out of Conseco at least for the first quarter. Here's how it's done.

Every Pacers fan that needs tix from will call should go early and get their tix. Then, get right back in line and when you get to the ticket person, exchange pleasantries and say thank you for the job they do. Then, keep getting back in line until 5 minutes before tip off! Result: Many Bulls fans will get so pissed off that they are missing the game that they start to throw things at the ticket office staff, and are then escorted out of Conseco! Big problem solved!

joeyd
04-20-2011, 11:05 PM
Doesn't anyone like my strategy (see previous post) for keeping some of the Bulls fans out of the game awhile? Come on, will call people!

Naptown_Seth
04-21-2011, 12:45 PM

If you think there will be only a few thousand Bulls fans, you are going to be surprised. I'll be conservative and guess 50%. It will be terriBULL.
Barkley fixed.

I'll say 35%, but that's me, Mr. Optimistic.

Naptown_Seth
04-21-2011, 12:55 PM
Last season's Cavs and Lakers games in Indy (edit: whoops, regular season, but still...). Unfortunately my seats last year were by the visitors bench.

Big mistake for a team with low attendance as I discovered. Miserable on the "popular guy/team" nights.

BPump33
04-21-2011, 12:57 PM
Last season's Cavs and Lakers games in Indy. Unfortunately my seats last year were by the visitors bench.

Big mistake for a team with low attendance as I discovered. Miserable on the "popular guy/team" nights.

He said playoff game, but even this year the I think it was more than 50% Lakers fans when they were here.

BillS
04-21-2011, 12:57 PM
Last season's Cavs and Lakers games in Indy. Unfortunately my seats last year were by the visitors bench.

You missed where he said <b>playoff</ib>.

Scot Pollard
04-21-2011, 01:35 PM
we drove past the fieldhouse around 10 this morning when we were getting breakfast and saw a lot of people inside

i thought i was dreaming but it looks like thousands and thousands of people are wearing the blue and gold

this city is pumped

thats why i dont think many bulls fans will be in attendance

pacers fans are jumping all over this and it will be like a home opener

Naptown_Seth
04-21-2011, 01:38 PM
I think you may have stumbled on a great idea for keeping the Bulls fans out of Conseco at least for the first quarter. Here's how it's done.

Every Pacers fan that needs tix from will call should go early and get their tix. Then, get right back in line and when you get to the ticket person, exchange pleasantries and say thank you for the job they do. Then, keep getting back in line until 5 minutes before tip off! Result: Many Bulls fans will get so pissed off that they are missing the game that they start to throw things at the ticket office staff, and are then escorted out of Conseco! Big problem solved!
Why limit to just will call people. All ticket holders should go wait in Will Call lines. 5000 people with tickets already...talk about flash mob.
:devil:

Naptown_Seth
04-21-2011, 01:59 PM
You missed where he said playoff.
Too late, edited it before you posted.
:p