PDA

View Full Version : Oh Mike, I still have your jersey on my wall...

Constellations
04-19-2011, 01:17 AM
Anybody else, and I know it's hasty, think we should re-sign Mike? I've always had faith and love for him as a player.

WhatCouldHaveBeen
04-19-2011, 01:21 AM
nope...he has the most awkward looking jump shot. His handle sucks and his D is mediocre...
i was shaking my head @ that last 3 pt attempt...I was like wtf!? down 4 you jack one 4 feet behind the 3? UHG...if that was price i'd take it but dunleavy never makes those

Hicks
04-19-2011, 01:31 AM
I wouldn't mind him as a backup, but I'm hoping we can do better.

Day-V
04-19-2011, 01:50 AM
i was shaking my head @ that last 3 pt attempt...I was like wtf!? down 4 you jack one 4 feet behind the 3? UHG...if that was price i'd take it but dunleavy never makes those

You obviously have not watched many Pacers games this year. Welcome back to the bandwagon, btw.

I'm more comfortable with him taking that shot at the end than Granger.

Trader Joe
04-19-2011, 01:51 AM
If Dun could be re-signed for cheap as an offensive booster shot off the bench, I see no reason not to do it. He knows the system, knows the guys. It's just a matter of what his price tag is gonna be.

imawhat
04-19-2011, 01:54 AM
I don't know, but I thought he should've played more tonight.

ilive4sports
04-19-2011, 01:56 AM
Yes I want him back. As long as he is backing up Granger and is on a reasonable contract I want him back. Considering we need a back up SF on this roster, why not resign Mike?

Constellations
04-19-2011, 02:16 AM
Anybody else think he should be back in the Starting line-up?

Day-V
04-19-2011, 02:18 AM

THAT is a tough call. Normally I would've said yes, because Bogans isn't much of an offensive threat, but Paul has played so good these past few games (even if the numbers don't show it) that I think Dunleavy should stay on the bench.

ilive4sports
04-19-2011, 02:19 AM

No, not at all.

Constellations
04-19-2011, 02:21 AM
No, not at all.

Fair enough.

PacerPassion55
04-19-2011, 02:22 AM
like other posters have said, if its cheap. i think hes a very solid back up that we could benefit from later down the road.

PacersRule
04-19-2011, 02:39 AM

Nah, Paul's defense on Rose is too critical. Also, I wish Paul can take more shots with Kyle Korver defending, that shouldn't be a problem.

pizza guy
04-19-2011, 03:11 AM
I'd love to see Mike come back. He's gone through crap for his whole career, and now it's finally starting to pay off for him. I think he is an important part of this team, and is worth bringing back. Obviously, at a much lower salary. And I'd keep him on the bench. PG24 is going to be special, and Mike is the perfect 6th man, IMO.

Constellations
04-19-2011, 03:14 AM
Nah, Paul's defense on Rose is too critical. Also, I wish Paul can take more shots with Kyle Korver defending, that shouldn't be a problem.

Word. I was just wondering how people felt about it. I love PG in the line-up as well.

CableKC
04-19-2011, 03:21 AM
If we move BRush and Posey in the offseason, sure....I have no problem with having him as a backup wing Player playing 20+ mpg. My guess is that he'll end up on some Team like the Spurs or the Mavs that may have some interest in a veteran SF with a high basketball IQ. Coaches like Popavich and Carlisle appreciates Players like Dunleavy.

mattie
04-19-2011, 04:30 AM
I love Dunleavy's game. He's actually one of the best defenders on the team, it's just he gets exposed against elite players like Wade.

I don't think he's worth much money though. If they keep him as a good backup I'd love it. I think he does much better on the bench as well. He comes in as a main offensive threat... Since he does so well moving without the ball its nice knowing he can move off those screens and knock down big shots.

I think he's been the best playing off the bench, +/- be damned.

Blink
04-19-2011, 08:56 AM
Dun can come back--if he really wants to be part of this team--by making us an offer we can't refuse.

vnzla81
04-19-2011, 09:05 AM
We can do way better.

Sollozzo
04-19-2011, 09:09 AM
Only if he were dirt cheap - as in like free.

We have George, Rush, and Dahntay under contract next season. George appears to have the starting position locked up and Rush is a more than capable backup. Dahntay can even play some minutes. Do we really need to be spending our money on a 31 year old Dunleavy? If you move Rush/Dahntay and need a backup, then maybe you take a look at re-signing him if it's dirt cheap. But I think we can do better this point.

I like Dunleavy. He seems like a good guy who seems to enjoy playing here. He's had nothing but great things to say about the Pacer franchise and Indy since he arrived. But it's business.....

spazzxb
04-19-2011, 10:08 AM
Depends on the price, and his willingness to come off the bench.

duke dynamite
04-19-2011, 11:23 AM
Discount, then yes. The offense flows so much better when Mike is on the floor. He may be a little inconsistent, but he can pass through the lanes better than anyone. Defensively he isn't the turnstyle like Murphy was, but his hustle last night (and almost any other night) goes to show he's the guy you'd want to have as a backup.

PR07
04-19-2011, 11:30 AM
I'd try to bring him back. You can never have too many shooters. Plus, he's an exceptional passer which the rest of our wings really aren't. However, I probably wouldn't pay more than 2-3 million per year.

Trophy
04-19-2011, 12:17 PM
It really depends on what Bird wants to get with this cap space.

Mike has been a decent backup, but if we can somehow find more, that would be good.

CableKC
04-19-2011, 12:24 PM
I'd try to bring him back. You can never have too many shooters. Plus, he's an exceptional passer which the rest of our wings really aren't. However, I probably wouldn't pay more than 2-3 million per year.
Despite all the "Love / Hate" from PD members here....he's currently 30 years old and will superbly fit the role as the 1st Wing Player off the bench playing a very productive 20-24 mpg for the next 3-4 years on a good Team. My guess is that he'll go to a Playoff Bubble Team looking for some solid Veteran Experience and get some 3-4 year / $4-5+ mil per season contract offer....if not slightly more.

However, I am going to go on record and say that IF Dunleavy leaves, we're all going to miss all the "Little things" that he does that no one pays attention to. Same goes for McBob.....both of them do things that improve the overall offense of this Team that we will notice is gone once they are in a different uniform.

pacergod2
04-19-2011, 12:36 PM
I like Dunleavy's game, but I still have a bad taste in my mouth over the last several years of him. The expectations of him and what he does were ridiculous. He is a backup player and always should have been, but being one of our best scoring options has forced him to play big minutes. If Dunleavy is playing big minutes for you, your team is terrible. That is nothing new though.

If his role were confined to the 15 minutes at SF that Danny doesn't play, I would be OK with it.

As for Mike though. From his perspective, he probably likes Indiana, but not enough to turn down the Lakers offer of four years of Mid-Level exception. We shouldn't pay him that kind of money. He would basically platoon with Artest, who is aging rapidly as a SF and is probably more of a PF at this point. They could use Dunleavy's shooting to spread the floor on the second unit. He would work REALLY well in the Laker's offense, assuming they keep Brian Shaw as coach and use the same system. I think Dunleavy is a perfect pairing with the Lakers.

CableKC
04-19-2011, 12:43 PM
I like Dunleavy's game, but I still have a bad taste in my mouth over the last several years of him. The expectations of him and what he does were ridiculous. He is a backup player and always should have been, but being one of our best scoring options has forced him to play big minutes. If Dunleavy is playing big minutes for you, your team is terrible. That is nothing new though.

If his role were confined to the 15 minutes at SF that Danny doesn't play, I would be OK with it.

As for Mike though. From his perspective, he probably likes Indiana, but not enough to turn down the Lakers offer of four years of Mid-Level exception. We shouldn't pay him that kind of money. He would basically platoon with Artest, who is aging rapidly as a SF and is probably more of a PF at this point. They could use Dunleavy's shooting to spread the floor on the second unit. He would work REALLY well in the Laker's offense, assuming they keep Brian Shaw as coach and use the same system. I think Dunleavy is a perfect pairing with the Lakers.
What makes you think that the Lakers will make a run for Dunleavy? They already have a mess of Wing Players to back fill Artest. If they are going to spend $$$ on a Player with the MLE...it will be to get another Big Man given the unreliability of Bynum.

vnzla81
04-19-2011, 12:58 PM
Here is a list of players we should go after to replace Dunleavy as the 6th man:

AK47, Butler, Michael Redd, Jamal Crawford, Jeff Green, Jr Smith, Tmac, Battier.

Trophy
04-19-2011, 01:04 PM
Here is a list of players we should go after to replace Dunleavy as the 6th man:

AK47, Butler, Michael Redd, Jamal Crawford, Jeff Green, Jr Smith, Tmac, Battier.

I've liked Redd and I think he still has a lot of game left to become the sharp shooter he's always been.

I pretty much like everyone you named, but it depends on what they all want or who they want to sign with.

Mike seems like he'd come back for 3M a year.