PDA

View Full Version : Well, we're down 0-2...

Shade
04-19-2011, 12:26 AM
...and I couldn't be much prouder. Another hard-fought game. Just gotta knock down a few more buckets and protect the ball a bit better (and avoid rogue cameramen :mad:), and we can still give the Bulls all they can handle in this series.

:gopacers:

BringJackBack
04-19-2011, 12:27 AM
I can see us going 2-0 at home as long as we're not playing 5 on 8.

I want Vogel back now. These players respond to him.

Major Cold
04-19-2011, 12:27 AM
Hey I am proud of them. They are playing with grit and toughness. Go get it at home.

vnzla81
04-19-2011, 12:28 AM
I am proud of this guys, I am also one of those guys that wasn't sure about Vogel but after today he convinced me that he should be the coach for next season.

idioteque
Time to go win a couple of games at home. I feel like this is a close series against the Knicks, not a 1 vs. 8 series.

Psyren
Agreed.

I couldn't be more proud of our guys and the way they have played.

Other than that, how do you beat the refs? It's just impossible.

Mr_Smith
Hard fought game, great effort, but still down 0-2 and thats all that matters in my book. Gotta get 2 at home now

MyFavMartin
Can I get the officiating crew from Game 1?

pacer4ever
04-19-2011, 12:29 AM
C-webbs parter was the worst broadcaster ive ever heard. Dick should stick to NFC football he does a decent job. But he is a terrible b ball broadcaster.

I agee with C-webb when we struggle offensivly it is normaly because of selfish play

Young
04-19-2011, 12:30 AM
I hope that Conseco is packed with blue and gold. This team deserves to have that place filled with Pacer fans.

This series deserves to go 7 games.

Unclebuck
04-19-2011, 12:30 AM
I never thought the pacers would play nearly this good.

Evan_The_Dude
04-19-2011, 12:31 AM
Ford didn't look half bad. Ball movement and spacing was better when he was in vs. AJ.

idioteque
Need to fan up for Game 3! Conseco needs to be as crazy as it has been since Reggie's last game.

MyFavMartin
PG had a really good game.

vnzla81
Somebody sended the "fighting Vogels" knickname to TNT, Charles like it.

Unclebuck
For the record, the offensive foul called on Roy was a horrible call, he did not commit an offensive foul, but he did travel so it was a turnover either way. Pacers got some calls tonight. But overall I thought Saturdays game was better officiated

ksuttonjr76
04-19-2011, 12:32 AM

You already made that clear to the forum in your previous posts.

Major Cold
C-webbs parter was the worst broadcaster ive ever heard. Dick should stick to NFC football he does a decent job. But he is a terrible b ball broadcaster.

I agee with C-webb when we struggle offensivly it is normaly because of selfish play

I agree. I don't know how many times he was flat wrong on crucial details tonight.

C-Webb on the other hand was great. I enjoyed him. He had a lot of insight.

D-BONE
Two great performances. Game 1 is still the tougher to digest as losing a 10 point lead in about 31/2 minutes still constitutes a choke. Bring the same intensity again Thursday, boys!

MyFavMartin
Ford didn't look half bad. Ball movement and spacing was better when he was in vs. AJ.

Yeah, TJ wasn't coughing it up constantly... that buzzer beater at the end of the 3rd was sweet too.

All for not...

Kaufman
04-19-2011, 12:33 AM
this reminds me of the pacers vs boston 1991 playoff

pathil275
Great performance, sadly not enough to rack up the W.

But what a terrible, terrible call on that putback by George. And then to even top that they gave the ball to Chicago on the other side after Boozer shoved Foster out. That's pathetic and ruins my mood right now.

But after a pause to think I can see a really bright future. Man, our starters are in their 1st, 2nd and 3rd year (plus Granger) and they hang with the big guys as if they truly belong.

Unclebuck
You already made that clear to the forum in your previous posts.

So you don't want me to admit I was wrong?

MyFavMartin
04-19-2011, 12:34 AM
I agree. I don't know how many times he was flat wrong on crucial details tonight.

C-Webb on the other hand was great. I enjoyed him. He had a lot of insight.

At least they admitted the two horrible bads by the refs late: the offensive foul call against Hibbert and the non-call against Boozer where the ball goes out on Foster after he's pushed b him.

Trophy
It hurts, but I am so proud of the Indiana Pacers.

This young group is fighting their asses off.

Hopefully with DC Thursday, we're able to pull out a victory and shock those ******** from Chicago.

itscaleb
I'm proud of my pacers, two hard fought games in chicago vs record wise the best team in the nba. We also lost DC for the entire 2nd half, Granger really needs to emerge its unforunate hes not a take the game over kind of star. Losing in the last minutes in both games, hopefully when we get back home we can even things up.

Coop
Really hope Conseco isn't a home away from home for the Bulls Thursday. The amount of Chicago fans there earlier this year was sickening.

Really proud of the way the team is playing though. To stick with it and take it down to the end after Collison went out says a lot about the grit and heart of this team.

owl
04-19-2011, 12:36 AM
How badly do the Pacers need some size and strength on the front line. That should be
priority one in the offseason. Not sure anyone is available to help. They were crushed on the boards again. Tyler had a bad game tonight. I am not sure if the Pacers are playing really well or if the Bulls are really not as good as their record.

Kaufman
BIG QUESTION: was this a win WITH darren collison???

Unclebuck
Dunleavy playd really well tonight., sure he hit a few shots, but he passed the ball extrmeley well.

I liked how the pacers trapped Rose, I just wish they had trapped him more. The switching wasn't working

Unclebuck
04-19-2011, 12:37 AM
Paul Geroge 18 deflections, 4 blocks and 3 steals

thefeistyone
I'm proud of the guys, they left it all out there. If DC is in the 2nd half I think it's a different game.

The officiating wasn't that bad till that Hibbert call and then foster got tossed out of bounds the next play. Mainly the Hibbert call, that was one of the worst final minute playoff calls I've seen in a while.

Not sure what price is doing leaving Korver

Let's go win 2 at home. Maybe the 3rd time will be the charm at their place. :dance:

vnzla81
By the way Paul George was the MVP of the game, amazing defense on Rose tonight.

Evan_The_Dude
I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE Paul George.

Phree Refill
After the way we lost Saturday I did not expect AT ALL that we would make this game so close. We lost another down the stretch we probably could have won... You know what? I'm ecstatic! That was an Amazing game. Watch your back in Conseco, Chicago. We're gunning for you. GO PACERS!!!!:boomer:
PS: Paul George... Please let me buy you a beer, Man Child.

Trophy
04-19-2011, 12:38 AM
Really hope Conseco isn't a home away from home for the Bulls Thursday. The amount of Chicago fans there earlier this year was sickening.

Really proud of the way the team is playing though. To stick with it and take it down to the end after Collison went out says a lot about the grit and heart of this team.

Once they started chanting "Pacers suck!", I really want the Fieldhouse to rock and give it to the Bulls and **** off their fans like they pissed us off.

BULLS SUCK!

They better not invade our house. It's like entering battle territory. STAY IN CHICAGO!

pianoman
Yeah, I'm proud... but I feel like the players feel right now... we SHOULD be 2-0 heading back to Indiana. You have to feel like they could finish this series in Indy in the next two games. I don't think the Bulls will win ANY games at Conseco Fieldhouse.

Oh, and Vogel deserves a 3 year contract.

owl
Boozer was shoving people under the basket most of the night. Few called.

Kaufman
How badly do the Pacers need some size and strength on the front line. That should be
priority one in the offseason. Not sure anyone is available to help. They were crushed on the boards again. Tyler had a bad game tonight. I am not sure if the Pacers are playing really well or if the Bulls are really not as good as their record.

hoot!

i think that the pacers are playing really well. i feel like they are becoming a team.

they are earning their battle stripes right now

Pacerized
Great game with great effort by our players. 2 very poor calls at the end when we were down by 5, the offensive foul on Hibbert followed by Foster getting pushed out of bounds at the other end which should have given the Pacers possession. If they play this hard at Indy I could see a blowout win for us in one of the games. Proud of our guys again.

Evan_The_Dude
Granger seriously needs a guy to defer to. I really hope we get that this summer. He makes too many boneheaded plays for somebody in their 6th season

Unclebuck
Heard late afternoon, just under 3000 tickets left for game #3

pacer4ever
04-19-2011, 12:39 AM
Boozer was shoving people under the basket most of the night. Few called.

thats playoff basketball tyler was doing it also the playoffs is physical deal with it

Unclebuck
04-19-2011, 12:40 AM
Vogel has won me over

pacer4ever
Granger seriously needs a guy to defer to. I really hope we get that this summer. He makes too many boneheaded plays for somebody in their 6th season

ya I loved what Webber was saying about him he was dead on about it.

cdash
My thoughts:

-I am heartbroken. Don't even ****ing tell me we aren't supposed to win and this is a great experience for these guys and they are playing hard and all that crap. I am heartbroken. I want to win.

-I absolutely love the fight in these guys. AJ's hustle on that missed shot of his was one of my favorite things I've seen in years from any Pacer. That's the playoffs.

-Vogel has done an absolutely magnificient job in this series. I can't think of one time I barked at the TV about any moves he made. I wouldn't be the least bit upset if he got the gig full time.

-DC's injury hurt so bad. I'm not sure if we would have won the game with him (probably not), but man he was really, really stepping up in the playoffs.

-Hansbrough is clearly irritating Boozer. That is a fantastic matchup to watch.

-By and large, the refs have been pretty good. They let them play, which I like. The end of the game had a few BS calls (the Hibbert offensive foul, Foster getting shoved in the back on that Rose airball, NOT calling a technical foul on Rose as he was screaming and posturing all over the place after he CLEARLY fouled AJ on that three).

-Paul George's stat line is pedestrian, but that kid is playing really, really well. You are giving him one of the toughest tasks (if not THE toughest) in the NBA asking him to check Rose. No one on the planet can shut him down, so Rose is getting his points, but I think George has played excellent defense on him. This experience for PG is invaluable.

-McRoberts looks scared.

-Foster is doing his thing. Love the guy.

-Granger, well, there's no good way to put this: He hasn't been good. Look, Deng is an excellent defender and his length is clearly posing problems for Danny, but DG is forcing things too much. Not playing in the flow of the offense far too often.

-I thought Chris Webber was absolutely amazing in the booth tonight. Called things well, gave great insight, obviously did his research, just a real enjoyment to listen to. Stockton...not so much. He was pretty bad actually.

Kaufman
04-19-2011, 12:41 AM
Vogel has won me over

i think still a tough call. this is one where i really would get player input if i were the front office. see if they think he's won them over.

Trophy
04-19-2011, 12:42 AM
We're an easy to like team and I'm happy to see us renewing the IND/CHI rivalry.

Games should be more interesting in the future and we're probably going to get on national TV when we matchup with them.

Bball
04-19-2011, 12:44 AM
For the record, the offensive foul called on Roy was a horrible call, he did not commit an offensive foul, but he did travel so it was a turnover either way. Pacers got some calls tonight. But overall I thought Saturdays game was better officiated

Could it be that this has been a better team than previous coaching would've led us to believe?

Vogel has done a great job but I'm still hesitant to give him the job. It's not so much on what he's done with the Pacers it's just the thinness of his resume, especially in seeing how he could or would correct some things with a training camp.

What concerns me most looking to the summer is how the coach and team brass are going to handle Granger. O'Brien turned him into a chucker and Vogel might've dialed him back some but he's far from the team player I would've expected prior to the O'Brien years.

The team needs to make a decision on how or who can handle that.

I don't think he's a Diva or anything and don't necessarily think the situation is irreparable but he's going to have to accept some coaching, changes, and criticism of his current game.

AJ settled down but that one stretch when he replaced DC was horrid. TJ clearly played better overall IMHO.

And with that outta the way... The Pacers were still very impressive. They played hard and had a gameplan capable of beating Chicago. Win game 3 and this could still be an interesting series and moment for the Pacers going forward...

LG33
04-19-2011, 12:44 AM
Paul George's defense was spectacular. Maybe the best I've ever seen.

A.J. Price played quite well under pressure.

The offensive droughts really hurt us, as they have all season. Clearly, tonight's scapegoats were the bigs, namely Hibbert and Hansbrough. We needed more out of them to win.

I'm pissed off but also very pleased. I don't like that.

Now I have to hop on the Metro for a 30-minute ride in silence...

Trophy
04-19-2011, 12:45 AM
Only 2 guys finished in double figures for us.

Just 3 for Chicago.

This was a true, smashmouth, hard fought, defensive playoff game tonight.

croz24
04-19-2011, 12:46 AM
the bulls have in game leadership. the pacers do not. it's really that simple. i get so much heat on here for saying it, but it's the unfortunate truth.

hoosierguy
04-19-2011, 12:48 AM
the bulls have in game leadership. the pacers do not. it's really that simple. i get so much heat on here for saying it, but it's the unfortunate truth.

What, you want a pat on the *** for having the "strength" to assert that the Bulls are the better team?:rolleyes:

Jared Sullinger
http://img827.imageshack.us/img827/7841/sweep.gif

Evan_The_Dude
Hibbert definitely needs to get taller - mentally.

pacer4ever

I dont think anyone who watchs enoght basketball would dis agree. Althogh they are a much better team also best record in the NBA :laugh:

hoosierguy
04-19-2011, 12:49 AM
http://img827.imageshack.us/img827/7841/sweep.gif

Don't even bring that up until after Game 3 IF the Bulls win.

croz24
04-19-2011, 12:50 AM
it was almost lol humerous how hard the bulls were trying to get a defensive switch on who was guarding rose. it was evident rose did not want george defending him. granger, rose welcomed. same for price, collison, and ford... also, i thought ford should have been the backup at the start of the year, and i feel that way still today. ford has played very well for us coming off the bench. why we continue to stick with the worst fg shooter in the league this year i have no idea.

Evan_The_Dude
04-19-2011, 12:50 AM
Did anybody see Collison yell at Granger early in the game and tell him to hurry up and get up court? Collison seemed much more vocal tonight.

Trophy
04-19-2011, 12:51 AM
Hibbert definitely needs to get taller - mentally.

He needs to add more muscle.

I think having the bigger body will raise his confidence and make his 7-2 height a huge advantage.

Psyren
04-19-2011, 12:51 AM
On a bright note though, Paul George's defense was one of the best defensive performances I've seen in a while.

Rose still got his points, but Paul was off the charts good defensively, especially for a rookie.

IndySDExport
04-19-2011, 12:52 AM
Vogel's post game conference was awesome and is getting some serious love from the NBA TV guys.

Question from the reporters: "There was a question about the resilience of this team coming into this game. Is bouncing back an issue with this team."

Vogel: "Do you guys have any questions about that, becuase I don't."

CableKC
04-19-2011, 12:52 AM
If I were Vogel, the first order of practice for the entire team is to take 500 FTA.

croz24
04-19-2011, 12:53 AM
What, you want a pat on the *** for having the "strength" to assert that the Bulls are the better team?:rolleyes:

i think this playoff series has proven that the pacers as a team are likely better than the bulls without rose. the problem is we have nobody even comparable to rose as a player. come cruch time for the last 3 years it's been the same story. we just can not close games out. why can't we makes such comments as pacers fans? is it off limits to make such assertions?

hoosierguy
04-19-2011, 12:54 AM
He needs to add more muscle.

I think having the bigger body will raise his confidence and make his 7-2 height a huge advantage.

Hibbert intentionally leaned up during the offseason because he had trouble with conditioning his first two seasons. And if you know anything about 7+ foot tall basketball players, they tend to have foot problems so Hibbert losing weight was in his long term career interest.

Unclebuck
04-19-2011, 12:55 AM
Must be really cold in Chicago, look at Rose. LOL

gummy
I have been holding back, but I can't do it any longer. Vogel's my guy, I want to see what he can do with a training camp.

hoosierguy
i think this playoff series has proven that the pacers as a team are likely better than the bulls without rose. the problem is we have nobody even comparable to rose as a player. come cruch time for the last 3 years it's been the same story. we just can not close games out. why can't we makes such comments as pacers fans? is it off limits to make such assertions?

You aren't saying anything that hasn't been said NUMEROUS TIMES before.

When you pull your string does anything else come out?

Sollozzo
04-19-2011, 12:56 AM
Two heartbreaking losses. Oh, and I can't stand Chicago sports fans. Give me New York or Boston fans any day over those clowns.

This Bulls team is not getting to the Finals. The Heat or the Celtics will take care of them.

It's a damn shame we didn't have Collison for the second half.

Evan_The_Dude
also, i thought ford should have been the backup at the start of the year, and i feel that way still today. ford has played very well for us coming off the bench. why we continue to stick with the worst fg shooter in the league this year i have no idea.

I agree 110%. Though Price hit a couple of big three's, Ford had the whole team in order when he had the ball. With Price they all seemed to scramble with no particular direction.

Trophy
Hibbert intentionally leaned up during the offseason because he had trouble with conditioning his first two seasons. And if you know anything about 7+ foot tall basketball players, they tend to have foot problems so Hibbert losing weight was in his long term career interest.

It's good he lost the body fat which will make it easier to build up body strength.

I'm saying he should put on more muscle/strength which he does every offseason.

Not body fat like the former coach suggested.

pacer4ever

That jacket proably cost more than my car lol. Ya weather wasnt to good in chicago today but he is still inside.

hoosierguy

Once a ghetto thug, always a ghetto thug.

You can take the kid out of the projects...

pacer4ever
04-19-2011, 12:58 AM

wow thats un called 4 and false.

that jacket isnt thugish looking your just saying stupid **** right there.

IndySDExport

This is not a Kosher comment.

unnecessary.

MyFavMartin

Where did Danny come from?

hoosierguy
04-19-2011, 12:59 AM
Two heartbreaking losses. Oh, and I can't stand Chicago sports fans. Give me New York or Boston fans any day.

This Bulls team is not getting to the Finals. The Heat or the Celtics will take care of them.

It's a damn shame we didn't have Collison for the second half.

Hopefully the Blackhawks get swept.

And I don't understand why Cutler gets so much hate from Chicago fans - they are both whiny *****es with a grossly inflated sense of self worth.

Madsen's dancing skillz
I know Rose kind of went off in the fourth, but George was owning him in the 3rd quarter, just amazing defense.

I really, really hope Darren is ok. AJ played well, but if Collison didn't get injured and continued to play well, I say we win that game.

Here's what is really encouraging for me; Rose has averaged 37.5 points in two games. They have killed us on the boards by a bazillion. Many of our players were having off nights shooting. And they still have only beat us by a combined score of eleven.

What happens if Rose isn't playing like superman on steroids? Or if Hibbert and Hanbrough start to rebound better? Or if we make our f***** FTs down the stretch?

We can win on Thursday. If we do, I say this series goes to seven games. You can tell this team is playing with confidence, they just need to put in all together in game 3.

Unclebuck

are you watching the press conference? looks like a nice coat to me

Evan_The_Dude

Since when does a coat make you a "ghetto thug"? I thought that had to do more with violence, guns, gang banging... etc.....

hoosierguy
04-19-2011, 01:00 AM
Where did Danny come from?

He's not a ghetto thug.

croz24
You aren't saying anything that hasn't been said NUMEROUS TIMES before.

When you pull your string does anything else come out?

well when we continue to lose games for that very reason, why can it not be brought up time and again? we continue to lose games because we lack any sort of a leader or closer come crunch time. until that changes, why not bring it up.

let me ask you this, how often did you comment to others or yourself that job should be fired? or that murphy should be traded? when the same deficiencies are the reason we continually lose, we should be able to talk about it.

15th parallel
If I were Vogel, the first order of practice for the entire team is to take 500 FTA.

This.

As a team, we are not getting too much attempts at the charity stripe. It is a top priority that they make the most out of their few FTAs. The Bulls have a luxury of missing some because they're getting so many attempts, but the Pacers should capitalize on those few attempts they get.

pacer4ever
Hopefully the Blackhawks get swept.

And I don't understand why Cutler gets so much hate from Chicago fans - they are both whiny *****es with a grossly inflated sense of self worth.

lol chicago fans dont hate Cutler get ur facts stright.

Trophy
04-19-2011, 01:01 AM
I just turned it on.

That jacket looks pretty comfortable. It's like it's Snuggie material. :laugh:

cdash
I'm just drained emotionally. I want to win so ****ing bad.

TheColdHardTruth
The next two games should be interesting. It's apparent that the Bulls do not take the Pacers seriously, as they have sleepwalked through the first 3.5 quarters of games 1 and 2. I thought they would wake up after almost losing the first game, but I guess they knew that 6 minutes of real basketball is all they need to play per game against the Pacers.

However, if they continue to sleepwalk on the road, I could see this series returning to Chicago 3-1 or even 2-2. We'll see.

pacer4ever
He's not a ghetto thug.

So you are presumme that Rose is and Danny isnt what a prejudice ***** u are

cdash
04-19-2011, 01:02 AM
lol chicago fans dont hate Cutler get ur facts stright.

"Blow it up!"

Take that **** off your profile.

gummy

I hate DRose right now, like I hate all Bulls players.

But that was uncalled for.

Sollozzo
Our physical style of play is clearly frustrating the Bulls. If the Pacers' style of play frustrates you then you're toast against the big dogs. I can't wait until KG puts Rose's *** on the ground. I wonder if Rose would have the guts to get in KG's face like he did Foster's?

Trophy
04-19-2011, 01:03 AM
I hate Chicago fans after tonight.

I don't hate the ChiSox fans though. :laugh:

I pretty much hate the Bulls fans and everything about them and the Bulls themselves.

It's a heated rivalry. I can't even remember a crowd chanting that we suck when it was a tough rivalry, playoff battle.

WhatCouldHaveBeen
our guys know they can play with chicago. Could be up 2-0...but they aren't. They held serve on their home court now we have to. I still say indiana in 7...I said it to start the series...and well I'm sticking to it!

pacer4ever
"Blow it up!"

Take that **** off your profile.

no I still want to blow it up trade Hibbert and Granger and I will take it off

Unclebuck
04-19-2011, 01:04 AM
Rose is great and seems like a great guy.

hoosierguy
04-19-2011, 01:04 AM
well when we continue to lose games for that very reason, why can it not be brought up time and again? we continue to lose games because we lack any sort of a leader or closer come crunch time. until that changes, why not bring it up.

let me ask you this, how often did you comment to others or yourself that job should be fired? or that murphy should be traded? when the same deficiencies are the reason we continually lose, we should be able to talk about it.

Well, unless the Pacers convince a top level FA to sign or a top prospect falls to them in the draft, no clutch difference maker will become available.

Firing a coach is much easier than finding a superstar player. The Pacers aren't going to get one so deal with it.

ilive4sports
04-19-2011, 01:05 AM

We lost this game because we aren't as good as Chicago right now. Everyone admitted this on here. But this team is giving everything they got and they are showing they are damn talented. Chicago is a few years ahead of us in development right now. We have lost 2 games to the number one seed by a combined 10 points. Yeah we lost, but we played some damn good basketball. And tonight we did it without our starting PG for the second half. This team has not only showed they belong in the playoffs (unlike what you said), but that they will play Chicago tough as nails. I don't understand how any Pacer fan can't be happy with how they are playing in the playoffs.

pacer4ever
Rose is great and seems like a great guy.

No he is a ghetto thug because he where's a nice coat and hoosierguy said so

cdash

Not gonna lie, that's pretty stupid. To each his own I guess.

hoosierguy
04-19-2011, 01:06 AM
So you are presumme that Rose is and Danny isnt what a prejudice ***** u are

Bite me. It is a matter of behavior not race you moron.

Rose whines and *****es like a spoiled little brat and cheated on his SATs so he could play for the sleaziest college coach in the country.

pacer4ever
We lost this game because we aren't as good as Chicago right now. Everyone admitted this on here. But this team is giving everything they got and they are showing they are damn talented. Chicago is a few years ahead of us in development right now. We have lost 2 games to the number one seed by a combined 10 points. Yeah we lost, but we played some damn good basketball. And tonight we did it without our starting PG for the second half. This team has not only showed they belong in the playoffs (unlike what you said), but that they will play Chicago tough as nails. I don't understand how any Pacer fan can't be happy with how they are playing in the playoffs.

Game 1 we :choke: game 2 we didnt really choke but game one was a huge choke.

Gold

This is actually completely what I expected. Am I alone on this? lol

Trophy
04-19-2011, 01:07 AM

Is Paul still your boy though? ;)

I know you want a center like Kendrick Perkins, but I wouldn't trade Roy.

Oh yeah and don't you sit in Area 55?

Psyren
04-19-2011, 01:07 AM
As much as I want anyone in the NBA to win except the Heat, I don't think the Bulls would have a chance against them.

LeBron and Wade will play the refs like fools, and those two will absolutely torch the Bulls.

dal9
04-19-2011, 01:08 AM
Heard late afternoon, just under 3000 tickets left for game #3

damn that is brutal...makes me think about making the 3 hr drive...

Lord Helmet
04-19-2011, 01:09 AM
I'm starting to love this team again.

I'm devastated we couldn't pull out the win tonight. Dammit, two games that we could have won.

Keep taking us lightly though. We'll be back Thursday.

3000 tickets left for Game 3? Ugh. 3000 more bandwagon fans. :unimpress The team deserves to have a pro-Pacers crowd for the home games. It's also sad I have to say that for games that are going to be in INDIANA.

pacer4ever
Blow me. It is a matter of behavior not race you moron.

Rose whines and *****es like a spoiled little brat and cheated on his SATs so he could play for the sleaziest college coach in the country.

I didnt say race you are predju though you dont know Drose just like you dont know Danny.

He only cheated on his SAT's because the NBA makes you go to college stupid rule. I know plenty have people who chaet that doesnt make them "Getto thugs"

Danny Granger doesnt complain about calls? please everyone in the NBA complains about calls and are divas.

Hicks

It's far from that simple.

Not that your veiled shot at Granger isn't true; he's not a leader, but that's far, far from the bottom line here. That's low on my list of concerns with him and the team right now.

This team plays together, plays hard, and generally plays to win (still rough in patches; they're young). They don't need a leader, they need a closer.

ilive4sports
04-19-2011, 01:10 AM
Game 1 we game 2 we didnt really choke but game one was a huge choke.

sure we choked it away, but we aren't as good of a team as the bulls right now, yet we are giving them everything they can handle. I am extremely proud of this team, regardless of the losses. They have battled in every game and this is all I can ask for from this young group. A group that has very little playoff experience on the court and on the sidelines.

Constellations
04-19-2011, 01:11 AM
Game 1 we :choke: game 2 we didnt really choke but game one was a huge choke.

By choke, do you mean the refs choked on their whistles when we were on offense? Yeah I thought so too. We lacked some scoring, but not saying the refs bailed D-Rose out with some super * calls is ridiculous.

Some of you Pacer fans are so Passive/Agressive about this team lol.

Hicks
04-19-2011, 01:11 AM

By the way, what the **** is with you once again coming into a thread that's meant to be about positivity, and taking a **** on the living room carpet?

It's ****ing irritating.

croz24
04-19-2011, 01:12 AM

still don't think you understand where i was coming from with that statement. as i stated, i feel no team with a losing record deserves to be in the playoffs. that's just my opinion. of course the pacers can compete with the bulls and now that we are here, we might as well try to win. but it is my belief a losing team should not be rewarded with a playoff birth. doesn't mean i'm not cheering for wins... the pacers are playing well, but i can definitely understand where negativity is coming from since we are down 0-2 when we could easily be up 2-0. you play to win. hard for some fans to be satisfied with losses. jmo...

hoosierguy
04-19-2011, 01:12 AM
I didnt say race you are predju though you dont know Drose.

He only cheated on his SAT's because the NBA makes you go to college stupid rule. I know plenty have people who chaet that doesnt make them "Getto thugs"

Rose cost Memphis 37 wins and a Final Four appearance with his selfishness. He knew the second he had someone take his SATs for him that he was ineligible to play college basketball but he did anyways.

How can anyone view this punk positively?

Constellations
04-19-2011, 01:14 AM
still don't think you understand where i was coming from with that statement. as i stated, i feel no team with a losing record deserves to be in the playoffs. that's just my opinion. of course the pacers can compete with the bulls and now that we are here, we might as well try to win. but it is my belief a losing team should not be rewarded with a playoff birth. doesn't mean i'm not cheering for wins... the pacers are playing well, but i can definitely understand where negativity is coming from since we are down 0-2 when we could easily be up 2-0. you play to win. hard for some fans to be satisfied with losses. jmo...

Jsyk, your opinion comes off as nothing but negativity towards excited fans and you come in and lay a log in our cheerios. You are a highly disliked person in my book. JUST MY OPINION btw.

Psyren
04-19-2011, 01:15 AM
I didnt say race you are predju though you dont know Drose just like you dont know Danny.

Danny Granger doesnt complain about calls? please everyone in the NBA complains about calls and are divas.

While cheating on SAT's doesn't make you a ghetto thug, is that really something that you want to be known for? I mean there's far worse things, but come on. The SAT's are not that hard that someone would need to cheat on them. And if you know plenty of people who cheat on the SAT's, I have lost all faith in society. Seriously, they're not that hard.

And it's a "stupid rule" to have to go to college? Heaven forbid the NBA actually at least makes somewhat of an attempt to educate people by encouraging them to go to school. That's a damn shame.

Just ridiculous.

On a basketball related note, Go Pacers.

#offsoapbox

croz24
By the way, what the **** is with you once again coming into a thread that's meant to be about positivity, and taking a **** on the living room carpet?

It's ****ing irritating.

link me to the post game thread. assumed this was it...

if you read my following post you'd see positive comments regarding ford and george.

IndySDExport
Rose cost Memphis 37 wins and a Final Four appearance with his selfishness. He knew the second he had someone take his SATs for him that he was ineligible to play college basketball but he did anyways.

I don't think the issue is with how positive we view DRose.

The problem is with your use of "Ghetto Thug" to describe him. It is unwarranted, uncalled for, and low class. We can have more thoughtful discussions without resorting to such comments.

pacer4ever
04-19-2011, 01:16 AM

No John Calip was the one who cost them thoes games he knew what was going on. I bet half of the one and done players dont step foot in classes You just have no clue what your talking about and making assumtions about his how good of person he is which is just sad and wrong. So AJ Price is a ghetto thug for what he did in collge also?

Trophy
04-19-2011, 01:17 AM
It's far from that simple.

Not that your veiled shot at Granger isn't true; he's not a leader, but that's far, far from the bottom line here. That's low on my list of concerns with him and the team right now.

This team plays together, plays hard, and generally plays to win (still rough in patches; they're young). They don't need a leader, they need a closer.

Not looking to start a heated debate about "what could've been", but OJ Mayo is a pretty clutch 2 guard.

I think Paul can be clutch in the future.

IndySDExport
Wow, mike wells on twitter.

MikeWellsNBA Mike Wells
Security was called over to the section where Pacers fans were sitting cause Bulls fans were throwing things at them during the game.

Naptown, it's time to represent.

gummy
chrishaganfox59 (http://twitter.com/#%21/chrishaganfox59) Chris Hagan by HicksPD

Tyler Hansbrough taken into X-Ray room at United Center after game. Will try to find out why.

WTF is this about?

Trophy
04-19-2011, 01:18 AM
Danny press conference on NBA TV.

Psyren
04-19-2011, 01:19 AM

MikeWellsNBA Mike Wells
Security was called over to the section where Pacers fans were sitting cause Bulls fans were throwing things at them during the game.

Absolutely classless. Putting themselves on Detroit's level.

There's just no need for that. None. Especially after your team won.

Suddenly we have people being beaten for wearing a different jersey at an MLB game. Now we have fans throwing things at Pacer fans just for being there.

What are sports coming to? This has just gotten out of hand.

Evan_The_Dude
04-19-2011, 01:20 AM

I'm still trying to figure out where ghetto thug comes in at. Your choice of words were very poor, and nearly ignorant. I had somebody take a math test for me in 8th grade. Does that make me a ghetto thug too? Saying you don't like Rose would be good enough.

pacer4ever
04-19-2011, 01:20 AM
"we got to stop Drose" DG

We arent gonna play better defense on him then we did tonight.

Trophy
04-19-2011, 01:21 AM
Something is wrong with those crazy animals.

Really.

If they don't like Pacers fans in their house then don't come into ours.

No reason to act like pigs and throw garbage at people.

Trophy
04-19-2011, 01:23 AM
To be honest with you, if we had DC, looking at what could've been, the final score would be interesting.

On NBA TV, Rick Kamla and Steve Smith brought up that we're like the Denver Nuggets in the East.

croz24
04-19-2011, 01:24 AM
Jsyk, your opinion comes off as nothing but negativity towards excited fans and you come in and lay a log in our cheerios. You are a highly disliked person in my book. JUST MY OPINION btw.

at 21 i had more important things going on in my life than to care enough to dislike somebody on a message board... as for the pacers, it's called being a realist. the pacers are down 0-2. how we got there is irrelevant to the history books. you have to admit your flaws in order to fix them.

dal9
04-19-2011, 01:24 AM
And it's a "stupid rule" to have to go to college? Heaven forbid the NBA actually at least makes somewhat of an attempt to educate people by encouraging them to go to school. That's a damn shame.

Just ridiculous.

On a basketball related note, Go Pacers.

#offsoapbox

well, either that, or the NBA wants to get a year or two of free scouting...

CableKC
04-19-2011, 01:25 AM

MikeWellsNBA Mike Wells

Classy bulls fans.

BTW...the ways to represent in Indy is to treat the Bulls fan with respect and not be the douches that those Bulls fans were.

pacer4ever
04-19-2011, 01:26 AM
Our play has really surprised me so far Hibbert really hasnt done much and we still have played 2 close games i didnt expect thoes games to be that tight.

joeyd
04-19-2011, 01:27 AM
I am proud of this guys, I am also one of those guys that wasn't sure about Vogel but after today he convinced me that he should be the coach for next season.

I thought Vogel coached a superb game tonight and in the last game. This game was nearly beyond textbook. If we play the next two like we did the previous two, this guy deserves his shot next year. How can Bird deny him?

I actually thought that Barkley had a very insightful comment tonight. He said something to the effect that if we had a guy like Lebron, we'd be a contender, but that we still had great players at all positions (forget the exact quote). Mike Brown inherited a decent supporting cast and LeBron and couldn't get it done. This is not a knock really against Brown. He might have eventually won it all. But Vogel took a bunch of mostly brow-beaten youngsters and role-players, and without benefit of a training camp, has his team going toe to toe with the #1 seed in the NBA.

How about a "Bring Frank Back" chant at the end of game 4?

ilive4sports
04-19-2011, 01:27 AM
at 21 i had more important things going on in my life than to care enough to dislike somebody on a message board... as for the pacers, it's called being a realist. the pacers are down 0-2. how we got there is irrelevant to the history books. you have to admit your flaws in order to fix them.

Sure we are down 0-2, but are you really not happy with how this team has played in these two games?

ECKrueger
04-19-2011, 01:28 AM
-I absolutely love the fight in these guys. AJ's hustle on that missed shot of his was one of my favorite things I've seen in years from any Pacer. That's the playoffs.

While I agreed with a lot of your post, this I feel exactly the same about. His hustle was absolutely amazing.

Psyren
well, either that, or the NBA wants to get a year or two of free scouting...

That too, but I still find it ridiculous that the OP had called it a stupid rule to send kids to college, even if it is for one year. Heck, it also gives them time to (hopefully) mature a bit more, even though I don't know of any 19 or 20 year old who's mature enough to handle millions of dollars (I know I wasn't).

Then of course we have Lance who, well, didn't exactly grow up any.

/unnecessary Lance comment.

Anthem
BIG QUESTION: was this a win WITH darren collison???
Absolutely.

IndySDExport
04-19-2011, 01:29 AM
Classy bulls fans.

BTW...the ways to represent in Indy is to treat the Bulls fan with respect and not be the douches that those Bulls fans were.

Good point. When I say represent. I mean show up in numbers and cheer the Pacers with everything you got. Not disrespect the other team or their fans.

pacer4ever
04-19-2011, 01:30 AM
That too, but I still find it ridiculous that the OP had called it a stupid rule to send kids to college, even if it is for one year. Heck, it also gives them time to (hopefully) mature a bit more, even though I don't know of any 19 or 20 year old who's mature enough to handle millions of dollars (I know I wasn't).

Then of course we have Lance who, well, didn't exactly grow up any.

/unnecessary Lance comment.

It is stupid to not give them the chocie to go pro if they are that good. I think college is great but you shouldnt force it on them. Let them enter the draft when they are 18 if they feel they are mature enoght.

joeyd
04-19-2011, 01:31 AM
"we got to stop Drose" DG
We arent gonna play better defense on him then we did tonight.

How about we do what we did the last couple of nights, but have someone guard Korver in the last 2 minutes? That would work.

But in reality, this is where we stand in the series:

Refs 2, Pacers 0

Trophy
04-19-2011, 01:31 AM
I like it that you need a year of college before going pro.

Allows kids to mature, learn more, etc.

Psyren
04-19-2011, 01:33 AM
It is stupid to not give them the chocie to go pro if they are that good. I think college is great but you shouldnt force it on them. Let them enter the draft when they are 18 if they feel they are mature enoght.

I still think it's a good rule.

There's always exceptions, and heck maybe DRose was mature enough at 18 to go to the NBA.

Still, I'd argue that most are not.

And what an 18 year old "feels" is likely complete crap. I thought I could do a lot of things at 18 that I later found out I couldn't. But hey, I felt like I was able to do them.

croz24
04-19-2011, 01:38 AM
Sure we are down 0-2, but are you really not happy with how this team has played in these two games?

yes, we've played fairly well. better than i expected us to even. but we've lost in games we should have or could have easily won. hard to overly happy with losses, especially playoff losses. it's more frustration than anything.

imawhat
04-19-2011, 01:41 AM
I really can't believe how close we are to being up 2-0 with a chance to sweep. Just one or two plays in both games and we'd be looking at that right now.

Was that the best defense we've played all year? I'm exhausted from watching...there was a ton of energy expended in this game.

Constellations
04-19-2011, 01:43 AM

What does being 21 have anything to do with owning a computer? Take some time to think about your next comeback please.

righteouscool

Uh, I'm pretty sure he was wearing a peacoat. There is nothing less "thuggish" then a peacoat jacket.

Derrick Rose has been nothing but professional since he came into NBA, imo.

zaldylee
Can't wait for Thursday's game and show the bulls that we can out rebound them in our homecourt. Hibbert and Josh each with 10 rebs

ilive4sports
04-19-2011, 01:45 AM
yes, we've played fairly well. better than i expected us to even. but we've lost in games we should have or could have easily won. hard to overly happy with losses, especially playoff losses. it's more frustration than anything.

So they are exceeding your expectations, yet you aren't happy? Hmmm, interesting.

dal9
04-19-2011, 01:46 AM
Uh, I'm pretty sure he was wearing a peacoat. There is nothing less "thuggish" then a peacoat jacket.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pea_coat

Today the style is considered a classic, and pea coats are now worn by all manner of individuals, not just professional sailors.

lol

croz24
04-19-2011, 01:47 AM
So they are exceeding your expectations, yet you aren't happy? Hmmm, interesting.

we are down 0-2. you are happy being down 0-2?

Madsen's dancing skillz
04-19-2011, 01:48 AM

No, how the Pacers are 2-0 down in the series is extremely relevant. This team is playing with confidence, against the team with the best record in the NBA. If this team had been blown out either of these two games, we are probably looking at a sweep and a lot of off-season doubt.

Instead, this team is playing well, if flawed, basketball and has a good chance to win game three.

Cactus Jax
04-19-2011, 01:51 AM
I'm proud of the team, but I'm afraid of a huge let-down on Thursday, I feel like the Bulls are going to be at their best come game 3 and the Pacers better be ready to play.

righteouscool
04-19-2011, 01:51 AM

Of course not, but I expected the team to get blown out. Teams don't win championships over night. Most of the players playing, outside of Foster, haven't played in the playoffs. Feeling the crushing failure of these close playoff loses will only drive them to get that much better.

ilive4sports
04-19-2011, 01:55 AM

Yes. This team is playing far better than I expected. We are terrible on the road and yet we had good chances at winning both games against the number one seed in their arena. I am very happy with this team right now. Whether they win or not, if they play like this the whole series I will be happy. We aren't there yet, but we are closer than I originally thought.

I find it off that we are exceeding your expectations and you aren't happy about it. You will never be happy with that attitude.

joeyd
04-19-2011, 01:58 AM

No, I would not be happy being down to the Bulls and their classless fans 0-2. However, being down to the referees 0-2 is something one cannot control. Add in a stupid cameraman, and maybe this series is not 0-2.

Speaking of the cameraman that DC tripped over, what in the heck was he doing sprawled out like he was? DC should have stomped him in the nards. Can you imagine the furor if Rose would have been taken out by the cameraman? Where's that Chicago Cubs fan? Bartman?

DemonHunter1105
04-19-2011, 01:58 AM
Off topic, but you guys know there is an ignore option right?

I did it a long time ago...too bad everyone quotes him lol.

croz24
04-19-2011, 01:59 AM
b/c ultimately this game is about winning and losing. not going to be happy about playoff losses. especially losses that could have easily been wins. you think our players are happy to be down 0-2? then why should we...

joeyd
04-19-2011, 02:02 AM
b/c ultimately this game is about winning and losing. not going to be happy about playoff losses. especially losses that could have easily been wins. you think our players are happy to be down 0-2? then why should we...

I suggest you watch Rocky, if you have never seen it, and then watch Rocky Balboa just for good measure.

ilive4sports
04-19-2011, 02:04 AM

because being a fan and being a player is two different things. I am not happy about the losses. I am happy with how this team is playing. At the end of the day we lost the two games. But I am happy with their play. Just because they aren't perfect and have flaws doesn't mean we shouldnt be happy with how they are playing. This is the best basketball they have been playing in years.

AesopRockOn
04-19-2011, 02:05 AM

Here is where I think you need to retool your expectations. We are playing the best team in the league with arguably the best player (at the current moment) on the road fighting against mocking fans and botched calls in a series in which more than half of experts predicted a sweep. What about that is easy?

Also they're obviously not happy. They're pissed off and disappointed. Look at the shot of Hibbert at the end of the game or Danny's post game comments. I think you're totally reaching here. This group of guys seriously wants to win.

Sookie
04-19-2011, 02:07 AM
Here's how I look at this.

Bulls won the games they were supposed to win. We need to steal one, and win the games We're supposed to win.

We've almost stolen the past two. We need to make sure to win these two games, steal one in Chicago and win at home.

This series isn't over. All Chicago did was keep home court advantage.

I don't actually expect the Pacers to win the series..which is probably why I'm enjoying it..but the fact that they are playing like they are..is fun to watch.

Dece
04-19-2011, 02:07 AM
I don't believe in moral victories.

croz24
04-19-2011, 02:21 AM
because being a fan and being a player is two different things. I am not happy about the losses. I am happy with how this team is playing. At the end of the day we lost the two games. But I am happy with their play. Just because they aren't perfect and have flaws doesn't mean we shouldnt be happy with how they are playing. This is the best basketball they have been playing in years.

two different questions then. i am fairly pleased with how we've played. but in no way am i happy about losing...

i do own the rocky collection on blu ray as a matter of fact. rocky was able to achieve the greatness he did in those movies by not being content with losing and expecting nothing but the best for himself. ivan drago is the chicago bulls. we are in a sense rocky. winning was the only option for rocky. why shouldn't it be for us?

Constellations
04-19-2011, 02:24 AM
Frankie just needs to go Bobby Knight on their A$$es. have a 2-a-day practice Wednesday.

9am-11am. 200 FT's per player.

3pm-6pm- Practice

AesopRockOn
04-19-2011, 02:26 AM
Lastly, I feel like someone had to have mentioned this but...Holy Taquitos, Batman on the rebounding differential. How is that not the main story of the game? It was 53-29 at one point. The Bulls killed us on the offensive glass last game and we are still hurting. Sure, Boozer utilizes his forearms more than his feet to rebound, but we've got to do better. Tyler and Roy need to man up; I think the home setting will help quite a bit.

Btw, there is no question about "happy about losing."

IndySDExport
04-19-2011, 02:28 AM
I don't believe in moral victories.

I do.

DemonHunter1105
04-19-2011, 02:28 AM
You can't be happy about a loss, but you have to take what you can get.

Why get so upset or be angry about something you have no control over?

15th parallel
04-19-2011, 02:31 AM
two different questions then. i am fairly pleased with how we've played. but in no way am i happy about losing...

i do own the rocky collection on blu ray as a matter of fact. rocky was able to achieve the greatness he did in those movies by not being content with losing and expecting nothing but the best for himself. ivan drago is the chicago bulls. we are in a sense rocky. winning was the only option for rocky. why shouldn't it be for us?

Winning is not something that's instant. Rocky gets beat up before winning. And Rocky can't finish fights in just 1 round in crucial matches.

There is no moral victory here. It is more on experiencing what it's like to fight hard against a tougher competition in a greater stage, and learning from them. And these young guys are learning a lot. The seed has been planted in this young squad. These losses are just what makes the seed grow.

croz24
04-19-2011, 02:35 AM
Here is where I think you need to retool your expectations. We are playing the best team in the league with arguably the best player (at the current moment) on the road fighting against mocking fans and botched calls in a series in which more than half of experts predicted a sweep. What about that is easy?

Also they're obviously not happy. They're pissed off and disappointed. Look at the shot of Hibbert at the end of the game or Danny's post game comments. I think you're totally reaching here. This group of guys seriously wants to win.

figure of speech... easily is referring to how the game transpired and the fact that 1 or 2 plays here or there would have changed the outcome of the game. not so upset about today's game although it gets tiresome watching our team struggle to score late in games with the lack of a go-to player. but when you are up 10 points with 3 minutes to go, no matter which nba team you are, that should be an easy win from that point on.

i know they are pissed which was my point. if the players are pissed about being down 0-2 then why can't people like me come on here and be pissed right along with our players? for many on here, if you aren't happy about how this series has played out, then you are a troll.

ilive4sports
04-19-2011, 02:37 AM

If this was the best the team would play ever again with this roster I could understand, but its not. This is the beginning. This is like Rocky I right now. Everyone expects us to lose and lose badly. Yet we aren't. We are giving the Bulls a damn good fight. Don't skip to Rocky IV when this team is in Rocky I still.

Hicks
04-19-2011, 02:42 AM

There's a difference between being happy with how they're playing and being happy with the win/loss column.

croz24
04-19-2011, 02:44 AM
some good points and references with rocky... i guess then it becomes a matter of if you think the pacers have the ultimate talent and desire as rocky. even after losses, rocky always strived to be the best and to get better. and every time in the ring he gave it his 100% effort. i'm seeing that effort in the postseason. very curious as to where it was nightly in the regular season.

ilive4sports
04-19-2011, 03:01 AM
some good points and references with rocky... i guess then it becomes a matter of if you think the pacers have the ultimate talent and desire as rocky. even after losses, rocky always strived to be the best and to get better. and every time in the ring he gave it his 100% effort. i'm seeing that effort in the postseason. very curious as to where it was nightly in the regular season.

Well for starters, no team has 100% effort in the regular season. I think the effort was much better under Vogel and the overall consistency or lack of it came more from youth than effort.

pizza guy
04-19-2011, 03:03 AM
I'm not sure what was so tricky about what croz has said here. He made it pretty clear that he was frustrated because we lost, as I'm sure we all are. I'm ridiculously proud and excited for the future of Pacers basketball tonight, but we are still down 0-2, and that's upsetting.

Winning is the ultimate goal, and especially in the playoffs when the light is clearly at the end of the tunnel. So, winning is greater and losing is harder.

To the point, IMO, that croz was trying to make though, this series is 2-0 in Indiana's favor if we've got a real #1 option. I love that they play team basketball, hustle, fight, dig, and keep trying. That's exactly what Indiana basketball is about and it's beautiful.

But think back to the old days when we knew, I mean really knew that Reggie would get open, get a good shot, and hit it at the buzzer for a win.

Do any of us have that confidence in Danny? Mike? Roy? DC? Paul? I don't. And I love those guys. But until one of them matures into that, or we find that type of guy somewhere, we're going to be the underdog who pushes teams but always comes up short.

This isn't trying to poo-poo the thread. I agree 100% with the concept of this discussion. I'm really proud to be a Pacers fan again. I had zero expectations for this series, so the heart that these guys are showing has been tremendous. Vogel is definitely the coach for me. I love the core we've got, and through the next few years, I can't wait to see them improve and become real contenders. But it's going to take a deal that lands us a #1 guy who is better than Danny.

All that said, I reallyreallyreally want to go to the game Thursday. Conseco is going to be electric, and the Blue & Gold needs to stomp out the red in the stands. I love that the Pacers are back where they belong.

AesopRockOn
04-19-2011, 03:04 AM
figure of speech... easily is referring to how the game transpired and the fact that 1 or 2 plays here or there would have changed the outcome of the game. not so upset about today's game although it gets tiresome watching our team struggle to score late in games with the lack of a go-to player. but when you are up 10 points with 3 minutes to go, no matter which nba team you are, that should be an easy win from that point on.

i know they are pissed which was my point. if the players are pissed about being down 0-2 then why can't people like me come on here and be pissed right along with our players? for many on here, if you aren't happy about how this series has played out, then you are a troll.

I think we are thinking more similarly than not. Sure, it's incredibly frustrating that the Bulls have the guy playing the best basketball right now and is also seemingly incapable of NOT making great play after great play down the stretch. It hurts my ****ing soul that we can't match them in that category. And I think anyone could be genuinely pissed that we squandered the opportunity to steal Game 1.

But this game was different. Granted, I only saw the second half (Stupid job!), but we were down pretty much the entire half and other than the Hail Mary by TJ, we were playing from behind. I really didn't think we had much of a chance to win this game in the 4th quarter. (That's why the two botched calls at the end were so offensive.) This game was hard and if we had pulled out the win it would have been pretty spectacular. You may disagree, but I think your reaction may still be in reference to the sting of Game 1, rather than Game 2.

We really should have done a proper Expectations thread before the series. Honestly, I would have thought Game 2 would have gone pretty much like it did, but that Game 1 would have been a 20+ point blowout.

Sorry if we (though I guess I just mean me) came down kind of hard. I still wouldn't say anything is easy nor would I say that anyone is happy or even truly content with the two losses. :)

ChrisAndersen
04-19-2011, 03:17 AM
At least they admitted the two horrible bads by the refs late: the offensive foul call against Hibbert and the non-call against Boozer where the ball goes out on Foster after he's pushed b him.

Bad calls went against both sides. Joakim Noah got a clean block on George late in the game and the Pacers were rewarded with two free throws. The foul they called on Derrick Rose when contesting Price's shot was also horrible. Rose was really nowhere near him but Price not only did the Reggie Miller kickout to draw contact he actually grabbed Rose's shoulder and pulled Rose into him on the shot.

CableKC
04-19-2011, 03:29 AM
Objectively, was PGs defense on DRose that good?

BRush and PG appear to be solid defenders...but they IMHO are more "text book" defenders...but aren't really "in your face and make you feel uncomfortable" instinctive Defenders like Inferno is. My guess is that no matter what we do....DRose is going to attack the basket and get his FTA....but impression is that Inferno would really make DRose work for those points. On top of that.....if Inferno sticks to what he does well on the Offensive end....he can probably get some Players in foul trouble.

I really want to figure out a way to get some minutes for Inferno as I think that he'd do a fairly good job of defending DRose. No matter what....DRose is going to get to the line but his game primarily is centered around attacking the basket.

croz24
04-19-2011, 03:33 AM
after 2 games...

Pacers
71 FGM 16 3PM 44.1 FG% 45.7 3P% 43 assists 27 turnovers

Bulls
68 FGM 11 3PM 41.2 FG% 32.1 3P% 33 assists 35 turnovers

Pacers
44 FTA

Bulls
66 FTA

Natston
04-19-2011, 04:14 AM
INSTALLING PACERS WIN..
███████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░ 44% DONE.
Install delayed....please wait.
Installation failed. Please try again. 404 error: Outcome not found. Outcome "Pacers Win" cannot be located. The outcome you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable. Please try again.

mattie
04-19-2011, 04:16 AM
Objectively, was PGs defense on DRose that good?

BRush and PG appear to be solid defenders...but they IMHO are more "text book" defenders...but aren't really "in your face and make you feel uncomfortable" instinctive Defenders like Inferno is. My guess is that no matter what we do....DRose is going to attack the basket and get his FTA....but impression is that Inferno would really make DRose work for those points. On top of that.....if Inferno sticks to what he does well on the Offensive end....he can probably get some Players in foul trouble.

I really want to figure out a way to get some minutes for Inferno as I think that he'd do a fairly good job of defending DRose. No matter what....DRose is going to get to the line but his game primarily is centered around attacking the basket.

Through 3 quarters Rose was having a horrid game. 6 T/O's, 38% shooting.. in the fourth he was able to get a few switches and grab some baskets... Even then, Rose was shooting much better than he normally does on the perimeter.

Had the Pacers been able to produce any offense consistently, while grabbing rebounds they would have beat the Bulls easily. I'll admit Rose closed it out once again incredibly, but he is the MVP. You expect that.

rexnom
04-19-2011, 04:30 AM
Don't waste time with the argument that it's only the Pacers, the seven-games-under-.500 Pacers because the Pacers have a better roster by miles better than fourth-seeded Orlando and play with a passion the Atlanta Hawks (http://espn.go.com/nba/team/_/name/atl/atlanta-hawks) couldn't possibly understand. Whichever of those two the Bulls get in the second round won't come close to testing the Bulls the way the Pacers will over this series.

Wilbon on the Pacers.

http://sports.espn.go.com/chicago/nba/columns/story?columnist=wilbon_michael&id=6387266

mattie
04-19-2011, 04:32 AM
Wilbon on the Pacers.

http://sports.espn.go.com/chicago/nba/columns/story?columnist=wilbon_michael&id=6387266

I love Wilbon. With so many idiots every where it's hard not too appreciate someone who knows and understands the sports he speaks on so well.

LongTimePacerFan
04-19-2011, 04:45 AM
The team has already far exceeded my expectations for this series. However, it's hard to be happy when you're down 0-2 after thoroughly outplaying a team for 80 out of 96 minutes in the first two games. Honestly, other than the last 3 minutes of game 1, about 8 minutes of the third quarter, as well as the last 5 minutes of game 2, we have been the far better team.

Sollozzo
04-19-2011, 07:50 AM
I don't think there's any player in the league I'd rather see smacked upside the face more than Joakim Noah. Couldn't stand him at Florida, definitely can't stand him now.

Unclebuck
04-19-2011, 08:37 AM
I agree with Wilbon, the Pacers through two games (and things can change very quickly) have played the Bulls extremely tough. I won't say the Bulls have played great, but they have not played poorly.

Unclebuck
04-19-2011, 08:58 AM
chrishaganfox59 (http://twitter.com/#%21/chrishaganfox59) Chris Hagan by HicksPD

Tyler Hansbrough taken into X-Ray room at United Center after game. Will try to find out why.

WTF is this about?

I figure with the way he plays they probably do it after every game as a precaution.

OK end of joke

Hope it is nothing

Sollozzo
04-19-2011, 09:02 AM
It's great to be getting national pub like this.

This experience is going to be so valuable for our young guys. They are going to be so hungry next year.

No way Bird leaves after this year. He's seeing the fruits of his labor pay off with this young core and has some cap space to play around with. Our situation is a GM's dream right now, so I don't see him leaving after enduring so many crappy years in which he was bogged down by bloated contracts.

Unclebuck
04-19-2011, 09:03 AM
Frankie just needs to go Bobby Knight on their A$$es. have a 2-a-day practice Wednesday.

9am-11am. 200 FT's per player.

3pm-6pm- Practice

What? Really?

so you want them tired going into game #3?

your suggestion is entirely unrealistic and impractical

Sollozzo
04-19-2011, 09:05 AM
What? Really?

so you want them tired going tinto game #3?

your suggestion is enirely unrealistic and impractical

Yeah, I agree.

Coaches tend to ease up on their players come playoff time, unless of course the team is playing with poor effort, which we obviously aren't. The last thing you want is for your guys to be exhausted in game 3. This is the time of year where you just have to stay positive.

Unclebuck
04-19-2011, 09:13 AM
Yeah, I agree.

Coaches tend to ease up on their players come playoff time, unless of course the team is playing with poor effort, which we obviously aren't. The last thing you want is for your guys to be exhausted in game 3. This is the time of year where you just have to stay positive.

Yes, and even though there is an extra day between games, these playoff games IMO impact the players recovery time and exhaustion level at least twice as much as a regular season games (probably more like 3X or 4X as much), so an extra day is needed not to practice, but to recovery and re-fresh.

Pacers will have very light practices today and tomorrow. Film sessions, shooting, FT shooting. Will do some practice work on a few specific areas to shore up. But the only time a team has a full practice in the playoffs is if they end a series early and have 5 - 6 days between series.

Switching topics: I assume the coaching staff is going through the film and looking at why the rebounding is so bad. I assume most of it is because Rose is causing our entire defense to help and it is leaving the offensive glass open, but I don't know for sure. \

Kuq_e_Zi91
04-19-2011, 09:30 AM
Wilbon on the Pacers.

Someone show that article to Dwight.

I don't think there's any player in the league I'd rather see smacked upside the face more than Joakim Noah. Couldn't stand him at Florida, definitely can't stand him now.

For me it's Boozer. All the head bobbing and unnecessary yelling is incredibly annoying. I used to think he was a pretty good player, but I guess I hadn't watched him enough. He lowers his shoulder into the defender every time before going up. It's the only way he can get it up over bigger defenders.

Sollozzo
04-19-2011, 09:42 AM
Do we win this game with DC? That's something I'll be wondering for a while.

BPump33
04-19-2011, 09:44 AM
Someone show that article to Dwight.

For me it's Boozer. All the head bobbing and unnecessary yelling is incredibly annoying. I used to think he was a pretty good player, but I guess I hadn't watched him enough. He lowers his shoulder into the defender every time before going up. It's the only way he can get it up over bigger defenders.

I've always thought Boozer was soft, always.

I'm okay with being physical in post and jockeying for position. Hell, Tyler and Jeff are pretty good at it, but almost every time Boozer was fronted he took both his hands and shoved Tyler, Jeff, etc. in the small of the back. Nearly every damn time. I'm sure everyone at BDub's got sick of me yelling about it. Not once did they call an offensive foul for the blatant shove. It was just incredible.

BPump33
04-19-2011, 09:47 AM
Do we win this game with DC? That's something I'll be wondering for a while.

Honestly, I don't know. AJ did some very stupid things, mainly before halftime after DC went down. But, at the end of the game he had that look in his eyes like he belonged there.

Also, someone earlier said that shouldn't have been a foul on Rose vs. AJ's three. How about the other two or three times that game he did it? I'd say getting 1 out of 4 isn't exactly helping us. Even Kelly Dwyer, who has no affiliation with the Pacers, tweeted about how often Rose was smacking AJ's arm on his shot.

pacer4ever
04-19-2011, 09:47 AM
I still think it's a good rule.

There's always exceptions, and heck maybe DRose was mature enough at 18 to go to the NBA.

Still, I'd argue that most are not.

And what an 18 year old "feels" is likely complete crap. I thought I could do a lot of things at 18 that I later found out I couldn't. But hey, I felt like I was able to do them.

My ideal rule let them choose to ethier go pro or college. But if they choose collge they must go at least 2 yrs.

Sollozzo
04-19-2011, 09:49 AM

I'm okay with being physical in post and jockeying for position. Hell, Tyler and Jeff are pretty good at it, but almost every time Boozer was fronted he took both his hands and shoved Tyler, Jeff, etc. in the small of the back. Nearly every damn time. I'm sure everyone at BDub's got sick of me yelling about it. Not once did they call an offensive foul for the blatant shove. It was just incredible.

I just love love love love that our guys physical play is flustering the Bulls so much. Boozer, Noah, Rose....all of them have been visibly irritated with our physical style of play.

If the Pacers' physical style of play bothers you then just wait till you play the big dogs. Like I said in another thread, I wonder if Rose would have the guts to get in KG's face like he did Foster's?

The Bulls will not be in the NBA Finals. I would bet any amount of money on that.

Justin Tyme
04-19-2011, 09:51 AM

NEITHER DID THE BULLS!

MTM
04-19-2011, 09:53 AM
The key is to focus on Game 3 and not get ahead of ourselves and talk about winning Games 3 and 4. Game 3 is the Bulls opportunity for a knock-out punch, and they know it. If we want this to stay interesting, Game 3 is a must win.

MTM
04-19-2011, 09:56 AM
Paul Geroge 18 deflections, 4 blocks and 3 steals

He totally played the Derrick McKey role last night - lots and lots of unappreciated work that resulted in modest stats in the box score as far as points, but entirely changed the game.

Sollozzo
04-19-2011, 09:57 AM
Another thing: How many heartbreaking playoff losses can this franchise possibly have in Chicago? You have the 4 games in 1998, including game 7 which is without a doubt one of the most heartbreaking losses in our franchise's history - if not the worst. Now you have games 1 and 2 this year. I know we weren't supposed to win these last two, but it still sucks.

We've had some bad regular season ones too. I'm sure a lot of the old-timers here remember "the bowing incident"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQSvYR7_d1k

I just hate Chicago sports with every fiber of my being. Thank God we beat them in the Super Bowl four years ago, something I got to experience at IU amongst a sea of obnoxious, insufferable Chicago fans. If we would have lost that Super Bowl I don't think I could have coped.

JEM
04-19-2011, 10:00 AM
I thought PG and Hansbrough played some really good defense.

Which is why I think the Bulls are getting so many offensive rebounds. When the ball goes up Boozer / Thomas / Noah are all shoving Pacer players in the back.

Last game Tyler went flying out of bounds. This game Foster went flying. Any call? Nope.

And to me it looks like Rose travels many times when he drives into the lane especially when he spins.

Justin Tyme
04-19-2011, 10:49 AM

You are absolutely correct in you have a right to comment about what you feel is wrong. "This comes from someone that your comments about Granger grates on at times." This is a forum to express one's views and if others are tired of your views about leadership and Granger they have 2 options. One to not read your posts and the other is to put you on ignore. Your view may not be overly popular with the majority of posters, but then you made an excellent point about those that constantly expressed their desire to fire Jimmy. The words "double standard" immediately comes to mind. Apparently, what's good for the goose isn't good for the gander.

After saying that, I can't say I feel the Pacers constantly lose b/c of Granger. He may contribute to it at times, but the Pacers lost this game b/c they got POUNDED on the boards by 24 rebs(57-33) and gave up "20" offensive rebs. You can't win games when that happens. Not to mention Granger didn't have much of a supporting cast in this game either. I'm surprised this game was as close as it was w/o the help of Hibbert, Hans, etc. As good as Hans mid-range shot was in game #1, it was as bad in this game. Granger didn't lose this game for the Pacers, but a combination of things caused this loss. Granger could have been better, but so could have numerous others as well.

Even with all of that, the Pacers have the Bulls talking to themselves. This hasn't been some easy stroll thru the park for them as many felt it would be. I'm disappointed in the losses, but I'm darn PROUD of the Pacers giving the team with the best NBA record all they can handle and then some. I tip my hat to the Pacers and Vogel. I'm getting more and more comfortable with Vogel being given the head coaching job. I really feel the Pacers can play better at home and can make this an even more interesting series. JMOAA

Sookie
04-19-2011, 11:00 AM
Honestly, I don't know. AJ did some very stupid things, mainly before halftime after DC went down. But, at the end of the game he had that look in his eyes like he belonged there.

Also, someone earlier said that shouldn't have been a foul on Rose vs. AJ's three. How about the other two or three times that game he did it? I'd say getting 1 out of 4 isn't exactly helping us. Even Kelly Dwyer, who has no affiliation with the Pacers, tweeted about how often Rose was smacking AJ's arm on his shot.

AJ did do some really stupid things in the middle of the game. He was absolutely terrible.

But I also doubt that DC would have played as well as Price did at the end of the game. Price was fantastic, his only mishap was going to double Rose and leaving Korver.

Hicks
04-19-2011, 12:20 PM
I agree with Wilbon, the Pacers through two games (and things can change very quickly) have played the Bulls extremely tough. I won't say the Bulls have played great, but they have not played poorly.

I've read some people saying the Bulls are playing badly, and I think to myself, "Hello! That's what good defense does to a team! That's why it's ugly both ways and why Rose is so important!"

Trader Joe
04-19-2011, 12:29 PM
Game 3 is the most important game our franchise has played since game 6 of the 2003-2004 Eastern conference finals.

CableKC
04-19-2011, 12:39 PM
At the very least, someone out there is recognizing this.

Many people simply thought that the Bulls would plow right through the Pacers and that we'd just rollover....and despite the likelihood that we will still lose the series....the mere fact that we've played them real hard all the way to the end in both games ON THE ROAD ( no less ) just tells you that the Pacers may not be a Top Tier Team now...but they are ready to make that next step in the next season.

BillS
04-19-2011, 02:27 PM
Classy bulls fans.

Can I thank this a bazillion times?

Sollozzo
04-19-2011, 02:37 PM
You know, I don't care when fans chant "X team sucks" if that team is a rival or is evenly matched/better than them. But when fans of a 1 seed 62 win team are chanting that a 37 win 8 seed who has given them two brutal games "sucks", well, then that's just kinda sad and lame. But it's fitting behavior for Chicago sports fans.

BillS
04-19-2011, 02:38 PM
I've read some people saying the Bulls are playing badly, and I think to myself, "Hello! That's what good defense does to a team! That's why it's ugly both ways and why Rose is so important!"

I don't think I've ever seen defense given credit for a good team shooting poorly. It's as if by definition good shooters can't possibly be stopped by anyone but themselves.

You only see it when ONE player is "shut down", and even then only if that player is against some acknowledged master of defense-fu. It can't possibly be that the defenderer is just a good matchup or is playing way over his head.

Plays into the whole "low scoring games are boooooring" media thing that really honks me off.

Give me a 51-50 defensive monster of a game over a 140-138 H-O-R-S-E session any day.

Unclebuck
04-19-2011, 03:49 PM
Give me a 51-50 defensive monster of a game over a 140-138 H-O-R-S-E session any day.

I just want intensity. If the defense is playing as hard as it can, but the offense is scoring like crazy anyway that is fine by me. What I hate is when the defense is lackluster then offense is boring to me - no matter what the score is., So I can never judge a game by the scor3e

Hicks
04-19-2011, 03:58 PM
Yeah, it's the intensity/effort that matters the most to me. If that's causing your offense to execute and your shots are falling, great. If that's your defense eating the other team alive, great. If that's dominating the boards, great.

Though I will admit that aesthetically, it's more pleasing when it's not a horrible FG% for both teams. I can look past that with ease when I have a rooting interest, but when I don't that does make it harder to watch sometimes.

Unclebuck
04-19-2011, 04:02 PM
Though I will admit that aesthetically, it's more pleasing when it's not a horrible FG% for both teams. I can look past that with ease when I have a rooting interest, but when I don't that does make it harder to watch sometimes.

Yeah, I suppose if the defense is playing great but the offense is still scoring by making unbelievable shots. That is the best combo - doesn't happen that often though.

But I would rather have great defensive intesity and low scoring then poor defensive intensity and high scoring.

Justin Tyme
04-19-2011, 04:10 PM

Your view conflicts with a particular former coach's view, who I won't mention, about what constitutes their ideal game. Then he's not coaching for for his view of the ideal game too.

IndySDExport
04-20-2011, 02:38 AM
after 2 games...

Pacers
71 FGM 16 3PM 44.1 FG% 45.7 3P% 43 assists 27 turnovers

Bulls
68 FGM 11 3PM 41.2 FG% 32.1 3P% 33 assists 35 turnovers

Pacers
44 FTA

Bulls
66 FTA

I think we're leaving out one key factor here. Rebounding? The free throw disparity is problematic, but we're really losing on the boards. We cover that issue and we have a good chance to pull these games out.

off Reb def reb
Bulls 41 65
Pacers 22 45