PDA

View Full Version : Will Pacers be able to rebound?

HoopMoney
04-18-2011, 07:44 PM
Will the Pacers be able to rebound?

The Bulls are the best rebounding team in the NBA. Despite playing at a relatively low pace (90.4) they gathered more rebounds than anybody in the league (3621) in the regular season. They have plenty of good rebounding big men in Noah, Boozer, Gibson, Thomas & Asik. Chicago out rebounded Indiana by 15 in the first game 49 to 34.

What really hurt the Pacers was the offensive glass where they were out rebounded 21 to 13. After the first half of the first quarter where they got 5 offensive rebounds which helped them get an early lead. They could get only 8 more the rest of the game. That was in stark contrast to the Bulls that stayed consistent the whole game on the offensive glass.

"(Rebounding) starts with keeping Rose out of the lane," Indiana coach Frank Vogel explained. "Most of those rebounds is the result of Rose drawing help leaving bigs under the basket so we got to do a better job of keeping him out of the paint." Later when coach Vogel was asked how he expects to keep Rose from driving he said. "We got to have a wall of defenders every time he comes in there."

That is the big dilemma. To prevent him from driving you have to send multiple defenders but to be able to rebound to have to be able to keep your position by staying home on your man. As a team you can play good defense but if you can't get the rebound it means nothing. Giving up too many possession puts a lot of pressure on your team to make up for it in other areas.

The Pacers tried to trap Rose in the pick & roll to try to make him give up the ball. What end up happening is that Rose just used the iso more and could break down his man without any help. Rose used 44 out of the teams 89 possession for his 39 points and only had 6 assist. He was 0-9 from 3 point range and if he starts hitting that shot the Pacers are in big trouble.

Joakim Noah had 8 and Lual Deng had 5 which together equaled the Pacers as a team in offensive rebounding. Those guys must be kept off the boards in the next game. It would have been worse if Carlos Boozer didn't get into foul trouble early.

Helping off of Bogans or Brewer's man is ok but don't help off Kyle Korver. That dagger 3 that he hit to give the Bulls the lead was because Paul George rotated off to help triple team Rose driving to the basket. That was inexcusable.

Do you think the Pacers will be able to rebound in this series despite what Rose does? Do you think Indiana can still win even if they don't rebound as much as Chicago? What are your thoughts? Feel free to drop some knowledge. Go Pacers!

Fellow Area 55ers & PTOers, HoopMoney droppin knowledge. Oww!

vnzla81
04-18-2011, 07:49 PM
NO

Psyren
04-18-2011, 07:53 PM
Not likely.

As much as I dislike Noah, he's a rebounding machine.

And as much as I like Roy, he's going to get dominated by Noah on the glass.

kielbeze
04-18-2011, 07:56 PM
Will the Pacers be able to rebound?

The Bulls are the best rebounding team in the NBA. Despite playing at a relatively low pace (90.4) they gathered more rebounds than anybody in the league (3621) in the regular season. They have plenty of good rebounding big men in Noah, Boozer, Gibson, Thomas & Asik. Chicago out rebounded Indiana by 15 in the first game 49 to 34.

What really hurt the Pacers was the offensive glass where they were out rebounded 21 to 13. After the first half of the first quarter where they got 5 offensive rebounds which helped them get an early lead. They could get only 8 more the rest of the game. That was in stark contrast to the Bulls that stayed consistent the whole game on the offensive glass.

"(Rebounding) starts with keeping Rose out of the lane," Indiana coach Frank Vogel explained. "Most of those rebounds is the result of Rose drawing help leaving bigs under the basket so we got to do a better job of keeping him out of the paint." Later when coach Vogel was asked how he expects to keep Rose from driving he said. "We got to have a wall of defenders every time he comes in there."

That is the big dilemma. To prevent him from driving you have to send multiple defenders but to be able to rebound to have to be able to keep your position by staying home on your man. As a team you can play good defense but if you can't get the rebound it means nothing. Giving up too many possession puts a lot of pressure on your team to make up for it in other areas.

The Pacers tried to trap Rose in the pick & roll to try to make him give up the ball. What end up happening is that Rose just used the iso more and could break down his man without any help. Rose used 44 out of the teams 89 possession for his 39 points and only had 6 assist. He was 0-9 from 3 point range and if he starts hitting that shot the Pacers are in big trouble.

Joakim Noah had 8 and Lual Deng had 5 which together equaled the Pacers as a team in offensive rebounding. Those guys must be kept off the boards in the next game. It would have been worse if Carlos Boozer didn't get into foul trouble early.

Helping off of Bogans or Brewer's man is ok but don't help off Kyle Korver. That dagger 3 that he hit to give the Bulls the lead was because Paul George rotated off to help triple team Rose driving to the basket. That was inexcusable.

Do you think the Pacers will be able to rebound in this series despite what Rose does? Do you think Indiana can still win even if they don't rebound as much as Chicago? What are your thoughts? Feel free to drop some knowledge. Go Pacers!

Fellow Area 55ers & PTOers, HoopMoney droppin knowledge. Oww!

I think that our rebounding will improve tonight, but I think that to stay aggressive on defense we have to crash the boards alot less than we should.
I would just like to see more boxing out after the shots tonight. Most importantly on both ends I would like to see two hands on a rebound and a lot less tap outs. That is where we got beat at Saturday because almost every time we tap the ball out they got possesion of the ball. We need to be a lot more physical under the glass and body up on them.

CableKC
04-18-2011, 07:59 PM
This is one of the reasons why I want to go after Kris Humphries in the offseason.

pacer4ever
04-18-2011, 08:01 PM
This is one of the reasons why I want to go after Kris Humphries in the offseason.

Reggie Evans please Hump will cost more than you think. He was aving 15 and 15 down the stretch run. Plus him and Hans are ver similar. If he is willing to sign for 4-5 m per then maybe

Scot Pollard
04-18-2011, 08:41 PM
Yes but the Pacers finished top in the league in rebounding.

CableKC
04-18-2011, 09:21 PM
Reggie Evans please Hump will cost more than you think. He was aving 15 and 15 down the stretch run. Plus him and Hans are ver similar. If he is willing to sign for 4-5 m per then maybe
I don't think that Hansbrough and Humphries are similar....Humphries is a far better rebounder and shotblocker whereas Hansbrough has a much better offensive game.

If anything, Humphries is as close as we can get IMHO to finding a replacement for Foster as a double-double machine that could play next to Hibbert and Hansbrough.

Humphries was a top 5 rebounder in the league for the entire season and the 3rd best rebounder after the ASB....if he wasn't and he was some scrub....I'd understand not paying $$$ to get him...but players like these don't grow on tries and we have the $$$ to get a Player like him to fill a role next to Hibbert and Hansbrough. Although Reggie Evans is more of an enforcer....he's also injury prone. IMHO...Humphries is worth it.