PDA

View Full Version : Does Rose not trust his teammates?

Trader Joe
04-15-2011, 03:26 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/chicago/nba/news/story?id=6360764

"We're kind of sad that Obama is doing everything right now, because we need a starting 2-guard for the playoffs," Rose said. "We'll have to deal with it."

Can you imagine if Lebron said that about their PG position or center?

And they try to play it off as being praise for Obama instead of an indictment of Bogans...but pretty tough for me to swallow that.

xIndyFan
04-15-2011, 03:34 PM
i read it to be a nice shout out for the home town fan, who just happens to be the POTUS. not a shot at bogans at all. methinks you're trying too hard. :laugh:

Trader Joe
04-15-2011, 03:36 PM
We need a starting 2 guard for the playoffs isn't a shot at Bogans? Would he have phrased it like that if they actually had a decent player at that position?

ilive4sports
04-15-2011, 03:40 PM
That is actually a pretty terrible thing to say. Wonder what Keith Bogans is thinking...

BillS
04-15-2011, 03:42 PM
We need a starting 2 guard for the playoffs isn't a shot at Bogans? Would he have phrased it like that if they actually had a decent player at that position?

Because 2 guard is the position Obama plays and you're sucking up by implying he could start there?

It probably is a bit of a slam on Bogans but more like a locker room tease rather than anything else.

Trader Joe
04-15-2011, 03:44 PM
I mean I get that Obama plays basketball, but Rose could have said, man we need him off the bench or something like that. Instead he called out one specific position on their roster that everyone knows is a weakness.

ballism
04-15-2011, 04:00 PM
I agree, that's a bummer for Bogans / Korver, although it's unintentional. That said, Rose is overall brilliant at choosing the right words (many stars in their 30s could learn from him).
Can't blame Rose for one brain fart in a billion tries.
(yet I hope this hurts their chemistry in round one)

Shade
04-15-2011, 05:11 PM
Great. Now Bogans is going to get a spur up his *** and torch us for 20ppg.

90'sNBARocked
04-15-2011, 05:20 PM
Fist of all he should be refered to as "President Obama" not Obama

He is the current President of the United States, and like it or not, deserves to be addressed accordingly

Kemo
04-15-2011, 05:27 PM
Fist of all he should be refered to as "President Obama" not Obama

He is the current President of the United States, and like it or not, deserves to be addressed accordingly

+1 on the position being respected..whether one respects the man or not...
The position deserves it, whether the man deserves it or not ..

...And that's all I will say on that subject, as to not offend and turn this thread political..

Young
04-15-2011, 05:28 PM
That comment is clearly a shot at Bogans. We need a STARTING 2 guard. Not cool D.Rose...not cool.

LetsTalkPacers
04-15-2011, 05:33 PM
This is blown way out of proportion

Kstat
04-15-2011, 05:46 PM
They don't have a starting 2-guard. That's why they rotate three of them.

Who cares what Bogans thinks? If his feelings are hurt, they can go to Brewer or Korver.

Brad8888
04-15-2011, 05:51 PM
A mashup of the bulletin board material for both teams:

The Bulls may be using President Obama at the 2 to stop Derrick Rose for the Pacers...

Young
04-15-2011, 06:17 PM
Who cares what Bogans thinks? If his feelings are hurt, they can go to Brewer or Korver.

Would Bogans opinion matter if he was an all star? Does he not play enough minutes, score enough points?

Kstat
04-15-2011, 06:19 PM
It would matter if Bogans mattered. He doesn't. They have two other guys that can be just as effective, albeit in different ways.

pacer4ever
04-15-2011, 06:30 PM
Would Bogans opinion matter if he was an all star? Does he not play enough minutes, score enough points?

Now you are learning if Bogans was starting quality it would matter. Brewer is better than Bogans and Bogans is about = to Korver and they have the worst SG rotation in the NBA. Maybe the Pacers are the only other team who put up that bad of production from the SG spot.

NapTonius Monk
04-15-2011, 06:35 PM
Great. Now Bogans is going to get a spur up his *** and torch us for 20ppg.Bogans could get 2 torches up there and he wouldn't average 20 ppg. Nobody's scared of him. He's easily defendable.

Trophy
04-15-2011, 07:39 PM
When the Bulls first signed Keith Bogans, I didn't even think he was going to get much time.

I was shocked before the season started, he was named their starting SG and the fact that it was for all 82 games.

They really don't have much at the 2 or really anything at the wing other than Luol Deng.

That's really the only thing they need help with.

xIndyFan
04-15-2011, 07:47 PM
When the Bulls first signed Keith Bogans, I didn't even think he was going to get much time.

I was shocked before the season started, he was named their starting SG and the fact that it was for all 82 games.

They really don't have much at the 2 or really anything at the wing other than Luol Deng.

That's really the only thing they need help with.

bulls don't know it yet, but the need a 4 also. boozer is good enough to handle the pacer PF's, but before the playoffs are over he will suck it up big time. boozer is just not good enough to play against length.

too bad tyler is similar in shortness to boozer. if he was only a little taller he could shoot over boozer to his hearts content. :shrug:

Sookie
04-15-2011, 08:14 PM
I think it was unintentional, but I think it would be easy for Bogans/Korver to interpret it as a slam. If it had been Lebron or Kobe, I would have thought it was an intentional slam..as it is..I don't think Rose thinks that far in advance.

Anthem
04-15-2011, 10:02 PM
+1 on the position being respected..whether one respects the man or not...
I'm not sure I understand how the statement could be seen as disrespectful to the president.

McKeyFan
04-16-2011, 08:48 AM
I'm not sure I understand how the statement could be seen as disrespectful to the president.

Not Rose's statement. He means a poster who called him Obama and not President Obama. But I find it hard to believe that he and his peeps never said Bush, bush ii, or W.

itzryan07
04-16-2011, 11:27 AM
thats why i dont see the bulls winning the chamionship. If Rose has a bad game no one else is going to be able to carry the load. Don't say Boozer can, he is overrated. Rose had to score 39 against orlando who didnt even have Howard to beat the magic by 3. He scored 42 against us and still didnt even win.

BlueNGold
04-16-2011, 11:28 AM