PDA

View Full Version : HELP!!! NBA TV? NBA league pass??

debohstheman
10-04-2004, 01:33 PM
hey,

i just moved into my own place this past weekend..im trying to figure out what kind of cable tv i want...
cox cable serves my area, and i was thinking about signing up for the digital sports tier...which includes NBA TV. does NBA TV have all of the games on it? is it different than NBA league Pass?
what do i need to get to be able to watch all of the pacers games? which channels will have them? i know some kind of fox sports regional channel has them also...?

thank you so much

debohstheman
10-04-2004, 02:28 PM
nobody can help me?

please!!

ChicagoJ
10-04-2004, 02:54 PM
NBA-TV is the NBA's official network. They've got a couple of games per week, sometimes the games are "exclusive", some good highlight shows, etc.

The League Pass is where you get every game that's on television.

I can't live w/o the League Pass. I like NBA-TV, and its usually included with the LP, but its not a necessity like food, water, the LP, etc...

Hicks
10-04-2004, 03:07 PM
Do you live in Indiana? If so, if you get WB4 and FoxSportsNet Midwest, you will get 80 of the Pacers' regular season games. And if you have ESPN, ESPN2, TNT on cable, then you will get a good amount of national games as well. ABC also has games.

If you can NOT get those channels (and in the Pacers' case, especially WB4 and FSN), then you would need either a sports pack that caries several FSN (including the midwest one), and I'm not sure of any other way to get WB4 without living in the local area.

If you're not in state, then if you want to catch most all Pacers games, NBA League Pass is the way to go. When you get League Pass, it also comes with NBATV along with it, btw.

The main two ways to get League Pass are with Satellite TV, either through Dish Network (which I have), or DirecTV (which most otheres on the forum who have LP seem to have). I believe more and more cable TV providers are offering it, but it's hard to say exactly which ones. Whomever you go to if it's cable, you will at least need to upgrade to their Digital Cable, and from there they either offer League Pass or they don't. You will have to call the cable companies and ask them to find out.

When you know that, and know who you want to go through to get it (Dish, DirecTV, someone's Cable), they will have a # to call to order it. League Pass costs around 160-180 per season (I forget the exact #, but you can probably find it on nba.com looking for League Pass), depending on if you order it early enough (which has to be running out of time, but I'd guess is still here until the end of October), it will be closer to 160 or so. If you order once the season has started (or perhaps they switch prices just before the season starts), it will be closer to 180.

Hopefully that helps you get a better idea of what to do.

debohstheman
10-04-2004, 03:42 PM
thank you guys very much

i live in virginia by the way, so it looks like i'll have to go with league pass.

sounds like NBA TV isnt that valuable???

ChicagoJ
10-04-2004, 03:47 PM
Depending on how many "exclusive to NBA-TV" games are on that you care about...

Most places bundle NBA-TV with the LP, but not all... you should definitely try to haggle that out with your provider if they don't already bundle them.

Lord Helmet
10-04-2004, 09:29 PM
Has anyone heard if Insight Digital has any plans to get LP and NBATV anytime soon?:mad:

TheSauceMaster
10-05-2004, 04:18 AM
Has anyone heard if Insight Digital has any plans to get LP and NBATV anytime soon?:mad:

No still no change , like I said awhile back don't expect it before the season starts , insight is slooooooooooow They haven't even signed the contract and it took them 3 months from the time they Signed the NFL network contract to get it on the network , so I wouldn't even count on it's this year to be honest.

Besides if you live in Indiana why would you need LP ? you can see atleast 80 games , and 2 aren't scheduled to be on Tv period. I wouldn't mind having it cause I love to watch alot of basketball but the Pacers games are most important to me.

Eindar
10-05-2004, 05:23 AM
With a Pacers game on just about every other night during the season, and on account of my wife wanting to see me on nights that I'm not watching the Pacers, I have avoided getting League Pass :)

Lord Helmet
10-05-2004, 08:34 AM

No still no change , like I said awhile back don't expect it before the season starts , insight is slooooooooooow They haven't even signed the contract and it took them 3 months from the time they Signed the NFL network contract to get it on the network , so I wouldn't even count on it's this year to be honest.

Besides if you live in Indiana why would you need LP ? you can see atleast 80 games , and 2 aren't scheduled to be on Tv period. I wouldn't mind having it cause I love to watch alot of basketball but the Pacers games are most important to me.

Well yes I live in Richmond,IN which is an hour away from Indy.So I do get WB4 and FSN and you don't know how greatful of that I am.It seems every year we see more and more games.I was just wanting LP to have a basketball game on every night :cool:

waxman
10-05-2004, 02:39 PM
i'd add NBA TV if you can... I'm out of state and missed a couple of early round Pacer playoff games 2 years ago because they were being broadcast on NBA TV only.

Plus they show several games a week during the Regular season which consequently won't be covered by your League Pass package.

It's worthwhile during the season... they have alot of interview type talk shows....as well as postgame interview and press conference coverage...especially during the playoffs.

Liquid Slap
10-12-2004, 08:01 AM
League Pass costs around 160-180 per season (I forget the exact #, but you can probably find it on nba.com looking for League Pass), depending on if you order it early enough (which has to be running out of time, but I'd guess is still here until the end of October), it will be closer to 160 or so. If you order once the season has started (or perhaps they switch prices just before the season starts), it will be closer to 180.

I don't know if it makes a difference or not but I live in Detroit, MI and my cable company offers the league pass through digital cable. The price is $169 up until Nov. 19th then the price goes up to $189.