PDA

View Full Version : Playoff Home Games

joeyd
04-13-2011, 10:58 PM
According to NBA.com the Thursday home game will be on NBATV but the Saturday game will be on TNT.

We are the only Saturday playoff game, which means we will likely get a prime time spot.

Now that we know the dates and likely times for the games on April 21 and 23, I hope more people start buying tickets. Seems like they still have a lot on hand.

joeyd
04-13-2011, 11:10 PM
Unfortunately, a Saturday night game will also mean that many Chicagoans will take the time to venture to Indy for the game.

Scot Pollard
04-13-2011, 11:14 PM
I asked the ticket rep did she think a lot of Bulls fans are going to invade the Fieldhouse and she didn't think as many as there were during the season.

She said a lot of people came by bought a lot the first few days they went on sale.

I'm looking forward to the next season and into the future when the all those stupid bandwagon fans won't be able to get into the Fieldhouse and sit where ever they ****ing please because it'll be filled with blue and gold.

joeyd
04-14-2011, 12:59 AM
I can see a lot of folks holding off until the dates/times were announced. Hopefully there aren't too many people (that want to go to the game) that have to work on Saturday night. Would hate to see an ocean of red easily visible on the TNT telecast that night.

Trader Joe
04-14-2011, 09:47 AM
The Saturday game is at 2:30pm.

Unclebuck
04-14-2011, 09:53 AM
According to NBA.com the Thursday home game will be on NBATV but the Saturday game will be on TNT.

We are the only Saturday playoff game, which means we will likely get a prime time spot.

Now that we know the dates and likely times for the games on April 21 and 23, I hope more people start buying tickets. Seems like they still have a lot on hand.

There are 4 games on that Saturday and the pacers game is 2:30 - as Trade Joe mentioned.

I posted this in another thread, but here is the pacers schedule

1) Saturday - Pacers @ Chicago - 1:00 ESPN
2) Monday - Pacers @ Chicago - 9:30 TNT
3) Thursday - Bulls @ Pacers - 7:00 NBATV and FS IN.
4) Saturday - Bulls @ Pacers - 2:30 TNT
5) Tuesday - pacers @ Chicago - no time set
6) Thursday - Bulls @ pacers - no time set
7) Saturday - pacers @ Chicago - no time set

I thought all games would also be on FS Indiana, but I think they will only televise when the game is on NBATV

Trader Joe
04-14-2011, 10:07 AM
Yeah they don't televise the game if it's a national broadcast. Not shocked that game 3 will be on NBATV. I'm guessing they believe we'll be down 2-0 and since it's not an elimination game they don't believe it will be worth showing on ESPN or TNT.

naptownmenace
04-14-2011, 11:18 AM
Yeah they don't televise the game if it's a national broadcast. Not shocked that game 3 will be on NBATV. I'm guessing they believe we'll be down 2-0 and since it's not an elimination game they don't believe it will be worth showing on ESPN or TNT.

I think I read somewhere that all Thursday games will be on NBATV during the playoffs and all Tuesday games will be on TNT. They essentially switch their game nights from the regular season for the playoffs.

joeyd
04-14-2011, 11:37 AM
There are 4 games on that Saturday and the pacers game is 2:30 - as Trade Joe mentioned.

Sorry folks. The initial posting on NBA.com only had the eastern conference games scheduled, and I figured that even if there were western conference games, we'd likely be in prime time being the sole eastern conference game. I guessed wrong. In hindsight it makes perfect sense to hold the east games earlier b/c of the time difference in the west.

Too bad that we don't get a prime time nationally televised game at home.

Unclebuck
04-14-2011, 11:42 AM
I think I read somewhere that all Thursday games will be on NBATV during the playoffs and all Tuesday games will be on TNT. They essentially switch their game nights from the regular season for the playoffs.

Nope

There is one game on NBATV Tues, Wed. Thurs of the first week. The second week there will also be some games on NBATV unless there are several 4 or 5 game series.

Quirk of the schedule ESPN has the Friday night games and the 3rd game on tFriday night they shift to ESPN2. TNT has games Monday -Thurs. and the 3rd game is shifted to NBATV. They used to have games on TBS, but I think the NBA is trying to get NBATV on more cable and sat. systems

Speed
04-14-2011, 11:43 AM
If someone finds out for sure if game 3 is NBAtv only, please post or even PM me. I'll get U300 to get NBAtv just for that game, if its not on FSI. It sounds like it will be, though.

It's not listed for FSI, yet on my DVR listings.

Unclebuck
04-14-2011, 01:17 PM
If someone finds out for sure if game 3 is NBAtv only, please post or even PM me. I'll get U300 to get NBAtv just for that game, if its not on FSI. It sounds like it will be, though.

It's not listed for FSI, yet on my DVR listings.

Game #3 is on NBATV, but it is also on FSI