PDA

View Full Version : Game 1 at Chicago is Saturday at 1 p.m.

Hibbert Laugh
04-13-2011, 01:41 PM
ESPN.com

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=6345347

The NBA playoffs begin on Saturday with four games on the ESPN/ABC family of networks.

The Chicago Bulls, the No. 1 seed in the Eastern Conference, will host the eighth-seeded Indiana Pacers at 1 p.m. ET on ESPN.

ABC, the home of the NBA Finals, will pick up the action at 3:30 p.m. ET with the Miami Heat, the No. 2 seed in the East, hosting the No. 7 Philadelphia 76ers. That game also will air on ESPN Radio.

ESPN will broadcast two more games on Saturday, with the fifth-seeded Atlanta Hawks visiting the No. 4 Orlando Magic at 7 p.m. ET and a Western Conference playoff game to be determined at 9:30 p.m.

On Sunday, the New York Knicks will travel to Boston to face the third-seeded Celtics at 7 p.m. That game will air on TNT, which is also broadcasting NBA playoff games.

Kegboy
04-13-2011, 01:44 PM
Awesome. I always hated having to wait until the 7th or 8th game.

BillS
04-13-2011, 01:46 PM
Saturday - Monday - Thursday - Saturday - Tuesday.

Looks like I'll have tickets available for Game 4. :kickcan:

Basketball Fan
04-13-2011, 01:50 PM
I figured we'd get the earliest game although in Chicago it would be Noon.

I prefer daytime games you still get the rest of the day after its over.

kielbeze
04-13-2011, 01:58 PM
How exciting is this Pacers Playoffs start this weekend I hope we shock the world!

Rogco
04-13-2011, 02:01 PM
Saturday - Monday - Thursday - Saturday - Tuesday.

Looks like I'll have tickets available for Game 4. :kickcan:

Is the third game definitely going to be Thursday? Crap crap crap. Got tickets but have a prior committment (rolled the dice).

BillS
04-13-2011, 02:02 PM
Is the third game definitely going to be Thursday? Crap crap crap. Got tickets but have a prior committment (rolled the dice).

Hasn't been announced but given the usual one day between games in the same city and two days between games where the city moves, that would be the schedule.

PaceBalls
04-13-2011, 02:08 PM
NBA playoffs is the best TV all year. I'm so excited!! :happydanc

Besides the Pacers, all of the matchups look really exciting.

Rogco
04-13-2011, 02:25 PM
Dear basketball gods,

Please don't let the first home playoff game in years fall on Thursday.

Amen

Professor S
04-13-2011, 02:32 PM
Dear basketball gods,

Amen

Co-signed. Amen.

Unclebuck
04-13-2011, 02:35 PM
It will most likely be Thursday night.

I'm not a big fan of a Saturday 1:00 tip. Just hope next weeks isn't a 1:00 tip - you lose a lot of the playoff atmosphere for an early start time - unless it is a huge playoff game

ndcoltsnpacers
04-13-2011, 02:40 PM
Dear basketball gods,

Amen

In this case, beng just down the road from Chicago, I'd rather have it be a weeknight.

ilive4sports
04-13-2011, 02:43 PM
I have to wake up at 10 am to watch this? Come on NBA, I just turned 21 and it will be my first weekend out. You are seriously killing me.

Dr. Awesome
04-13-2011, 02:44 PM
I have to work. :-(

Luckily I work in a sports bar, but I'll be in the kitchen. :-/

People are going to be waiting for food I know that.

Jared Sullinger
04-13-2011, 02:52 PM
I don't have cable, so I was hoping we'd be on ABC. Oh well.

BillS
04-13-2011, 02:59 PM
It will most likely be Thursday night.

I'm not a big fan of a Saturday 1:00 tip. Just hope next weeks isn't a 1:00 tip - you lose a lot of the playoff atmosphere for an early start time - unless it is a huge playoff game

If Game 4 is Saturday the 23rd the ONLY way I can make it is a 1:00 tip. So, I think you're safe and it will be the night game. Grr grr grr grr.

LetsTalkPacers
04-13-2011, 03:09 PM
should be on xbox live

edit: yep, i just checked the first game on Saturday 1:00 pm Chicago vs Indiana will be live on Xbox live ESPN HD app free to all Xbox live gold members

pathil275
04-13-2011, 03:10 PM
Great for people from the Old Continent.
ESPN - does that have influence on the availability via League Pass?

I Love P
04-13-2011, 03:24 PM
I knew all along they would schedule us for the earliest game because noone is interested...10 AM on the west coast. Hopefully game 4 is a evening game so I can pregame

I just have a slight feeling we are taking game 1.

Il Ragionier Ugo Fantozzi
04-13-2011, 03:31 PM
Great for people from the Old Continent.

Yes. :dance:

The Sleeze
04-13-2011, 03:40 PM

If I were you I think I would be hitting up a sports bar.

Hicks
04-13-2011, 04:09 PM
Well, I have to leave for work no later than about 15-10 til 400, so that should work. :)

Also, if game 2 is Momday, I'll be free that night. :)

However.....

If game 3 and game 4 are Thursday and Saturday, I can't make either game, or even watch it live. :(

HoopMoney
04-13-2011, 04:19 PM
I believe that we will win!

BillS
04-13-2011, 04:22 PM
If game 3 and game 4 are Thursday and Saturday, I can't make either game, or even watch it live. :(

So join with me in the hymn to the universe ... Friday Sunday Friday Sunday Friday Sunday Friday Sunday

Professor S
04-13-2011, 04:26 PM
So join with me in the hymn to the universe ... Friday Sunday Friday Sunday Friday Sunday Friday Sunday

Friday Sunday Friday Sunday Friday Sunday Friday Sunday

Scot Pollard
04-13-2011, 04:30 PM
How does Roy Hibbert laugh anyway?

Also, bars all around the city will more than likely put the game on.

cdash
04-13-2011, 04:34 PM
Argh...I'll be in Louisville unable to watch the game. ****.

Since86
04-13-2011, 04:39 PM
TV not made it that far out in the boonies?

Scot Pollard
04-13-2011, 04:44 PM
Perhaps we'll be like the 2007 Golden State Warriors in Round 1.

Danny goes absolutely crazy to average 30+ points and Roy with 5 blocks every game and Darren with 15 assists per game.

Oh man, we can only hope.

mildlysane
04-13-2011, 04:59 PM
Do you know what network it will be on?

Diamond Dave
04-13-2011, 05:02 PM
FML FML REALLY REALLY FML!!!!!

I won't be able to watch Saturday live, or Monday live. And I'll have to attempt to trade a shift to go to Thursday!!!!

BillS
04-13-2011, 05:07 PM
FML FML REALLY REALLY FML!!!!!

I won't be able to watch Saturday live, or Monday live. And I'll have to attempt to trade a shift to go to Thursday!!!!

Join the chant! Friday Sunday Friday Sunday Friday Sunday

Will Galen
04-13-2011, 05:07 PM
http://www.pacersdigest.com/showthread.php?t=63524

ilive4sports
04-13-2011, 05:13 PM

I believe it goes like this:

Yesterday was Thursday, Thursday
Today i-is Friday, Friday
We-we-we so excited
We so excited
We gonna have a ball today
Tomorrow is Saturday
And Sunday comes after...wards

Isaac
04-13-2011, 05:14 PM
The Pacers are all grown up and on national television. Call the neighbors.

MillerTime
04-13-2011, 05:15 PM
Do you know what network it will be on?

espn

McKeyFan
04-13-2011, 05:16 PM
I've got a commitment at 1 pm exactly out of town. Will there be a replay available online?

BillS
04-13-2011, 05:18 PM
I believe it goes like this:

Yesterday was Thursday, Thursday
Today i-is Friday, Friday
We-we-we so excited
We so excited
We gonna have a ball today
Tomorrow is Saturday
And Sunday comes after...wards

I will have to kill you now. And no jury in the world would convict me. :evillaugh

kielbeze
04-13-2011, 05:51 PM
Even though the colts took the spotlight for a few years when they were unstopable. It makes me so excited to think that this is the first step toward basketball histaria in Indiana again. I keep seeing images of a packed market square with fans foaming at the mouth. Isn't it exciting to think that some day in the not so distant future we may have a playoff game where opposing fans can only get in the venue by paying a ridiculous price for a scalped ticket? The entire Fieldhouse packed with Blue and Gold ready to go to war!
It could happen next year........or in the second round!

Doddage
04-13-2011, 06:52 PM
I also would much prefer the home games to be on Friday and Sunday.

gummy
04-13-2011, 06:52 PM
It's on ESPN, which means it might be streamed online through espn3.com

Edit: Just checked and it is indeed listed on their upcoming schedule: http://espn.go.com/espn3/index

McKeyFan
04-13-2011, 07:57 PM
It's on ESPN, which means it might be streamed online through espn3.com

Edit: Just checked and it is indeed listed on their upcoming schedule: http://espn.go.com/espn3/index
Does this mean it is aired at a later time or that I can watch it at any time I choose at a later time?

I see it on the live schedule but not on "replay." Replay only goes up to April 13

pwee31
04-13-2011, 08:02 PM
First nationally televised game in years that's not on NBATV.... and it's a playoff game! I'm stupid excited!

gummy
04-13-2011, 09:11 PM
Does this mean it is aired at a later time or that I can watch it at any time I choose at a later time?

I see it on the live schedule but not on "replay." Replay only goes up to April 13

We won't know for sure until the day of at the very earliest, if not after the game has aired live - unless someone brave wants to dig through the licensing agreement to see whether ESPN has the right to replay games online. Even if they do though they could choose not to if they think there wouldn't be demand for it.

El Pacero
04-13-2011, 10:06 PM
I will have to kill you now. And no jury in the world would convict me. :evillaugh

I can't fight back, but you'll at least have to hurt me for thinking this would make for a good music video... (I did not go through with it!!!)

Playoffs!
(A Friday parody)

Oh yeah! Ooh yeah yeah yeah! Ooh yeah yeah! etc. (wrestling voice)

7 PM, playin’ in the playoffs
Gotta be fresh, gotta go leave now
Gotta talk some ball, gotta get to finals (talking on El Pacero Phone)
Pumpin’ local media, everything is goin’,

Playin’ on and on, everybody’s pumpin’
Gotta get down to - the - play - offs
Gotta get there early, see some Pacers friends

Kickin’ in the front seat (El Pacero driving AMC Pacero)
Sittin’ in the back seat (AMC Pacer w/ me in back seat driving invisible steering wheel, realizing & freaking out)
Gotta make my mind up
Which seat should I take?

It’s Playoffs Playoffs
Gotta win those Play-offs
Everybody’s lookin’ forward to the playoffs, playoffs
Playoffs, Playoffs
Gettin’ wins in Playoffs
Everybody’s lookin’ forward to the playoffs

Boom Baby, Boom Baby (Boom!)
Win, win, win, win
Lookin’ forward to the play-offs

7:45, we’re chantin’ loud now
Winnin’ so bad, I want time to fly
Win, win, think about wins
You know what winning is
We got this, fans got this
Pacers fan are out of siiiight
We got this, you got this
Now we know it

Kickin’ in the front seat (front of Area 55)
Sittin’ in the back seat (back of Area 55) ((or LL vs Balcony))
Gotta make my mind up
Which seat can I take?

It’s Playoffs Playoffs
Playoffs, Playoffs
Gettin’ wins in Playoffs

Win, win, win, win

(Bridge)

Yesterday was regular regular
Today is playoffs playoffs
We we we so excited
We so excited
We gonna play some ball to-day

Tomorrow is the next day, and the next day comes afterwards
I don’t want these playoffs to end!

(RAP)
I Be El Pacero Yo
So chillin’ in the front row (In the front row)
In the back row (In the back row)
I’m chantin’, chantin’ (Yeah, yeah)
Fast seats, switchin’ seats
Wit’ a usher up on my side (Woo!)
(C’mon) Passin’ by is Bulls fans in front of me
They bandwagon, bandwagon, wanna scream
Check my city, it’s Indy, we gonna beat you
We gonna with win this, c’mon, c’mon, y’all

(Chorus)
It’s Playoffs Playoffs
Playoffs, Playoffs
Gettin’ wins in Playoffs

Win, win, win, win

End.

Professor S
04-13-2011, 10:06 PM

Well crap. Our chant didn't work. Per Mike Wells' Twitter:

"Game 2 - Monday in Chicago. Game 3 - Thursday in Indy. Game 4 - Saturday in Indy."

BRushWithDeath
04-13-2011, 10:39 PM
I'll be making the drive to Chicago for the game Saturday.

My way of getting back at the inevitable hoard that is joining us in the Fieldhouse Thursday & Saturday next week.

TinManJoshua
04-13-2011, 10:43 PM

My way of getting back at the inevitable hoard that is joining us in the Fieldhouse Thursday & Saturday next week.

Fair Warning: United Center is in a very ****ty part of Chicago.

pwee31
04-13-2011, 10:52 PM
Our 2nd game Monday at 9:30 will be on TNT.

The Orlanda/Atlanta (Game 2) got put on NBATV Tuesday.

Thank you Derrick Rose... Go Pacers!

pwee31
04-13-2011, 10:57 PM
Looks like Thursday's home game is on NBATV, with Saturday's home game *Game 4* on TNT

granger33
04-13-2011, 11:07 PM
I have to wake up at 10 am to watch this? Come on NBA, I just turned 21 and it will be my first weekend out. You are seriously killing me.

I have to wake up at 2am

Trophy
04-13-2011, 11:09 PM
I have to wake up at 2am

You sir are a true fan.

granger33
04-13-2011, 11:13 PM
You sir are a true fan.

Yeh mate, gonna pull a sicky for game 4 aswell. Waited 5 years for this I ain't missing out

Isaac
04-13-2011, 11:13 PM

:exaggerated eye roll:

No it isn´t.

Kegboy
04-13-2011, 11:14 PM
I can't fight back, but you'll at least have to hurt me for thinking this would make for a good music video... (I did not go through with it!!!)

Playoffs!
(A Friday parody)

POY nominee right there. The whole time I'm imagining this playing on the jumbotron to 18,345 horrified fans.

Scot Pollard
04-13-2011, 11:17 PM

According to the woman who sold me my tickets said she doesn't think that many Bulls fans will invade the Fieldhouse like they did this season as a lot of local fans came in and purchased tickets the first few days they went on sale.

Still a good amount left in all the levels she said.

And have a good drive my friend. Give those Chicago losers a taste of their own medicine for invading our house.

Kegboy
04-13-2011, 11:18 PM
The good thing about game 3 being Thursday is there'll be less Chicago fans there.

Isaac
04-13-2011, 11:21 PM
The good thing about game 3 being Thursday is there'll be less Chicago fans there.

It´s easter week, nobody has to work Thursday or Friday. I know at least 10 Bulls fans making the drive. Expect the worst.

Scot Pollard
04-13-2011, 11:22 PM

Hopefully it'll be a sellout or at least a near sellout with a sea of blue and gold.

People seem pumped and I don't think less than 17,000-18,000 or so will miss out on this after 5 years of nothing.

I mean I don't what tickets are available still, but I wouldn't think half the arena is going to be filled with those losers in their red Rose jerseys.

ndcoltsnpacers
04-13-2011, 11:24 PM
It´s easter week, nobody has to work Thursday or Friday. I know at least 10 Bulls fans making the drive. Expect the worst.

Everyone's getting the week before Easter off? I'm in the wrong profession.

Isaac
04-13-2011, 11:25 PM
Everyone's getting the week before Easter off? I'm in the wrong profession.

Not the whole week, but long weekends.

ndcoltsnpacers
04-13-2011, 11:32 PM
Not the whole week, but long weekends.

Well I'm still in the wrong profession...

TinManJoshua
04-13-2011, 11:42 PM
:exaggerated eye roll:

No it isn´t.

Agree to disagree then, I found nothing worth doing between Lake and 290.

LetsTalkPacers
04-13-2011, 11:54 PM
Wait, There's a good part of Chicago. Huh, you learn something new everyday. :laugh:

IUfan4life
04-14-2011, 12:07 AM
I know this was posted in another thread, but I need to ask again.

What do all these games mean in terms of being on fsn? Like the NBAtv game for example

cdash
04-14-2011, 12:08 AM
I mean I don't what tickets are available still, but I wouldn't think half the arena is going to be filled with those losers in their red Jordan jerseys.

Fixed.

Constellations
04-14-2011, 12:20 AM
Well, that's a kick in the oblongs. I was so hoping for ABC. Which I don't understand why it isn't showing the game considering the Heat and Sixers tip-off at 3:30. I don't have cable...

P.s. Well, looks like I'm coming to your house Saturday Mom. Can I score grilled cheese too?

ilive4sports
04-14-2011, 12:43 AM
I have to wake up at 2am

2 am works much better for my schedule lol

Hicks
04-14-2011, 12:45 AM
I will have work on every single damn game through game 7 if it goes that far, starting with game 3. ****.

I'm tempted to try to get someone to take my Thursday shift and just grab what I can for Game 3.

dal9
04-14-2011, 02:33 AM

far as i know they replay everything...can replay it at any time...

Isaac
04-14-2011, 02:33 AM
Agree to disagree then, I found nothing worth doing between Lake and 290.

I took your comment to be speaking to levels of danger. People like to say the UC is in the ghetto when really it's not. Chicago's got ghettos, but that aint it. Also it is a 10 minute walk from University Village and Little Italy where there are plenty of bars open til 3 and later.

Wait, There's a good part of Chicago. Huh, you learn something new everyday. :laugh:

I probably wouldn't want to make this a city vs. city battle, Indianapolis falls pretty short on that one. Let's focus on positives of the Pacers and how they can try to stun the Bulls.

Isaac
04-14-2011, 02:42 AM
Well I'm still in the wrong profession...

Move to Latin America. I have the whole week off.

AesopRockOn
04-14-2011, 03:27 AM
7 a.m. Here I come!

Groggily.

Midcoasted
04-14-2011, 03:27 AM
This may be one of the happiest moment of my life! I work at a restaurant so I thought for sure I would miss the game! It comes on here at 12 I assume so I will be really fired up that I get to watch it! If we could somehow manage the upset that would be very 90s esque. I'm sure if everyone went with the experts back then we wouldn't be talking about the Pacers of those days still today.

What if we managed to meet the Knicks in the ECF this year? What hysteria would that cause? I think a Pacers Knicks rivalry reborn would rival any in the game today due to New Yorks HUGE market. And then you get people all over the world supporting the Pacers because people love the underdogs. Also if we knock off the Bulls that could create anoter big market rivalry for us.

Lets's be real it might not happen, but if I didn't believe that it couldn't happen I don't think I'd have been a fan all these years. We may ride the big markets to the limelight again one day and I prefer having the biggest markets as our main rivals like in those days. You just never know...Stranger things have happened...If not I'll be looking forward to how this summer plays out and next year may be the year we break .500 again. I feel that is feasible if our young talent is what I hope it is.

croz24
04-14-2011, 04:14 AM
have to miss the first game :-( it's tradition my sister and i attend the annual notre dame blue gold game, so that's where i'll be.

Constellations
04-14-2011, 04:23 AM
have to miss the first game :-( it's tradition my sister and i attend the annual notre dame blue gold game, so that's where i'll be.

But he Pacers don't deserve to be in the playoffs. ;)

DEEman
04-14-2011, 04:53 AM
Oh yeahhhhh. 8pm for us europeans, instead of 2am! Oh man, i cant wait!

croz24
04-14-2011, 05:49 AM
But he Pacers don't deserve to be in the playoffs. ;)

i stated my opinion as to why they don't. if you lose more than you win regardless of sport, you don't deserve the playoffs IMO. i also stated i was excited as a fan they are playing... and you can call me a pacers troll because of some opinions i may or may not have all you'd like, but i have devoted countless hours of my life attending, watching, and discussing pacers games through jubilant wins and heartbreaking losses. an opinion one way or the other doesn't make me a lesser fan than you.

Constellations
04-14-2011, 06:08 AM
i stated my opinion as to why they don't. if you lose more than you win regardless of sport, you don't deserve the playoffs IMO. i also stated i was excited as a fan they are playing... and you can call me a pacers troll because of some opinions i may or may not have all you'd like, but i have devoted countless hours of my life attending, watching, and discussing pacers games through jubilant wins and heartbreaking losses. an opinion one way or the other doesn't make me a lesser fan than you.

I also don't crash a Playoff Celebration thread saying how they don't deserve to play in the playoffs. Just saying. That's like coming to someone's graduation party and telling them they didn't have all A's and B's so they don't deserve to graduate. But I'm not gonna keep haunting you for the remark.

Unclebuck
04-14-2011, 08:01 AM
I don't see anyone discussing some of the strange scheduling.

Pacers vs Bulls game #2 is at 9:30 Monday night.

The first home game is on NBATV - so warning for those of you out of town. And some of you thought they would never put the #1 SEED AND MVP on NBATV

Second home game starts at 2:30 Saturday.

The scheduling this year is especially difficult because of the number of Western conference teams that are in the central time zone. Spurs, Mavs, Grizzlies, Thunder, Hornets that makes it very tough.

yoadknux
04-14-2011, 08:05 AM
9:30 is awful
but 13:00 PM, that's awesome! it means I could watch the game at like 8 PM instead of 2 am (my timezone)

Professor S
04-14-2011, 08:22 AM
I don't see anyone discussing some of the strange scheduling.

Pacers vs Bulls game #2 is at 9:30 Monday night.

The first home game is on NBATV - so warning for those of you out of town. And some of you thought they would never put the #1 SEED AND MVP on NBATV

Second home game starts at 2:30 Saturday.

The scheduling this year is especially difficult because of the number of Western conference teams that are in the central time zone. Spurs, Mavs, Grizzlies, Thunder, Hornets that makes it very tough.

What time is game 3? Or could someone please post a link to the schedule. I must be bad at Googling because I can't find it!

Unclebuck
04-14-2011, 08:26 AM
What time is game 3? Or could someone please post a link to the schedule. I must be bad at Googling because I can't find it!

7:00 for game #3 and 2:30 for game #4.

NBA.com is what I use to look at the schedule day by day

here is the schedule

1) Saturday - Pacers @ Chicago - 1:00 ESPN
2) Monday - Pacers @ Chicago - 9:30 TNT
3) Thursday - Bulls @ Pacers - 7:00 NBATV and FS IN.
4) Saturday - Bulls @ Pacers - 2:30 TNT
5) Tuesday - pacers @ Chicago - no time set
6) Thursday - Bulls @ pacers - no time set
7) Saturday - pacers @ Chicago - no time set

Trader Joe
04-14-2011, 10:06 AM
So...pumped.

BillS
04-14-2011, 11:05 AM

Playoffs!
(A Friday parody)

The sad thing is that this is a much better song than the original - as are most parodies of that original...

Hicks
04-14-2011, 11:13 AM
Couldn't help it.

I'm taking the gamble.

Bought a 3-figure ticket to Game 3 with hopes of getting someone to cover my shift that evening.

I'd say I have better than 50% chance of making it happen, but I hate not knowing for sure.

BillS
04-14-2011, 11:29 AM
3) Thursday - Bulls @ Pacers - 7:00 NBATV and FS IN.
4) Saturday - Bulls @ Pacers - 2:30 TNT

Not optimal, but we can at least make the Saturday game.

MTM
04-14-2011, 11:37 AM
Just put calendar holds on the games so far. Luckily am out of town with NBA TV through satellite provider, so should get to watch that game without any problem.

Naptown_Seth
04-14-2011, 01:15 PM
Not optimal, but we can at least make the Saturday game.
And you were worried. It all works out for you. :dance:

I hope our plane has cable for game #4. Oh well, knew I'd have to miss that probably.

At least I didn't get screwed on the game 3 tickets.

Naptown_Seth
04-14-2011, 01:25 PM
I vote for INDOT to do some heavy I-65 work just north of Lafayette around 11 AM on THR, and continue it through to Sunday around noon.

Put my tax dollars to work!!! :devil:

Shade
04-14-2011, 02:21 PM

To be fair, the Pacers have a winning record (20-17) since Vogel took over.

Unclebuck
04-14-2011, 03:17 PM
To be fair, the Pacers have a winning record (20-17) since Vogel took over.

20-18. I know last nights game meant less than nothing, but for this purpose it should be included