PDA

View Full Version : come listen to me be a doosh

mattie
04-13-2011, 04:24 AM
Dear PD, come let us reason together

I say this as a gentle plea that the we as a community can make a conscience effort to improve the discussions that take place on a nightly basis.

For warning- Although everything I say in the following I believe within my heart, I am hammered drunk so it won’t be as coherent as I hoped it to be, so bear with me.

Everyone on this board that posts on a daily basis or maybe on a slightly less frequent weekly basis, are huge Pacers fans. Maybe some of us have the money too go to every game, maybe some of us can only watch from our TV’s. But the point is, the Pacers haven’t been good for over 5 years. You are here because you love the Pacers regardless.

So this is why I make my urgent plea, that we improve upon the daily discussions on this board. You are not a random uninformed fan boy that watches the Pacers because you think they will win. You watch them because they give you a legitimate enjoyment to your life. That means you absolutely have the ability to think critically, to think logically, and/or to debate reasonably with a sound thought process.

It doesn’t matter what brought a message board together. Whatever brought a board together, I’ve seen some boards develop the ability to have intelligent discussions, and I’ve seen some absolutely refuse to ever engage in informed debate.

Currently, this board absolutely does not ever engage in thoughtful discussion. Sure, there are a group of boarders that intelligently debate different subjects, but this is within a plethora of absolutely ridiculous comments lacking all possible intelligent thought.

If the Pacers lose, people jump off the deep end, assuming the worst without simply considering that average teams lose. They lose half the games they’re playing. Why then do we have to deal with off the wall negative comments claiming the inherent lack of talent from every Pacer?

There has always been an idea that has pervaded public consciousness ever since the masses discovered the internet in the early 2000’s that you can say anything as long as you follow it with “IMHO.” Problematically, this has been excuse for people to say incredibly stupid ideas under the guise that any open minded boarder should accept it as merely a differing idea. It’s not simply a differing idea. It’s incredibly stupid, and doesn’t serve to educate boarding masses.

PD, the majority of this board absolutely has the ability to engage in intelligent debate. Intelligent debate doesn’t mean you’re a graduate of Harvard University. But it does mean you can thing with an open mind and consider the possibility that you’re not quite as educated as you think you are on the subject at hand. We can as a board begin to understand basketball better, while simultaneously disagreeing about the preferred direction of the team. This is currently not happening.

Please PD, let us improve upon the debate on this board, and it will become much more enjoyable for every party involved.

CooperManning
04-13-2011, 05:08 AM
< Mattie wakes up >

Mattie: Did I get drunk and post something about everyone getting along on Pacers Digest?

< Mattie checks PacersDigest >

Mattie: Wow, I actually did this. Let me read this, it can't be that bad.

< Mattie reads his post >

Mattie: Okay, first of all my heart was in the right place. I care about the Pacers and I want everyone to discuss them with thoughtful consideration. But then I forgot that message boards are message boards and the thought of controlling the topics of one with such a large fan base with inherently varied opinions is impossible. I know there was a part in there where I mentioned "public consciousness" and "masses discovered the internet" where I started to sound like an *******, but I was just drunk. We've all been there, right fellas? And about that "intelligent debate" part? I still mean that, guys. Keep an open mind, consider other viewpoints, and remain good-natured -- because we're all in this together. We're Pacers fans and that takes a kind of tolerance that you have to experience to understand...Man, I hope those guys don't come down on me too hard.

CooperManning: I get it. I've been there before. I accept you. But seriously, set the bottle down.

Constellations
04-13-2011, 05:23 AM
This made me cheese.

King Tuts Tomb
04-13-2011, 05:40 AM
< Mattie wakes up >

Mattie: Did I get drunk and post something about everyone getting along on Pacers Digest?

< Mattie checks PacersDigest >

Mattie: Wow, I actually did this. Let me read this, it can't be that bad.

< Mattie reads his post >

Mattie: Okay, first of all my heart was in the right place. I care about the Pacers and I want everyone to discuss them with thoughtful consideration. But then I forgot that message boards are message boards and the thought of controlling the topics of one with such a large fan base with inherently varied opinions is impossible. I know there was a part in there where I mentioned "public consciousness" and "masses discovered the internet" where I started to sound like an *******, but I was just drunk. We've all been there, right fellas? And about that "intelligent debate" part? I still mean that, guys. Keep an open mind, consider other viewpoints, and remain good-natured -- because we're all in this together. We're Pacers fans and that takes a kind of tolerance that you have to experience to understand...Man, I hope those guys don't come down on me too hard.

CooperManning: I get it. I've been there before. I accept you. But seriously, set the bottle down.

Easily the funniest thing I've ever read on PD.

Kstat
04-13-2011, 07:08 AM
CooperManning just jacked this thread and made it his own. Well played, sir.

Kaufman
04-13-2011, 07:23 AM
and.... it may be working.

thats the first time in PD history that kstat has ever thanked anyone and/or agreed with anyone.

BBQ
04-13-2011, 08:07 AM
We see this sort of post a couple times a year right?

binarysolo
04-13-2011, 09:14 AM
I agree. PD forum sucks so bad. Probably the worst board on the internet. Talent-wise, our posters just can't compete. Let's blow the whole thing up. Fire the mods and trade for new posters.

Speed
04-13-2011, 10:04 AM
I keep reading that we need to come together, now i have the beatles song stuck in my head.

it is true though, one and one and one IS three.

90'sNBARocked
04-13-2011, 10:23 AM
I wonder what the post would look like if Mattie was smokin weed instead of drinking

probably have cheetos and funion stains on the keyboard

The post would be much more introspective though

Speed
04-13-2011, 10:27 AM
Pretty good post, really, for being smashed. I couldn't have pulled it off.

I'm just hoping we don't get a similar one over the summer from a new member named, NY Legend #6.

Jon Theodore
04-13-2011, 11:08 AM
Mattie, it is wayyyy past your bedtime son. I suggest you join the debate club at your local elementary, that will help with your need to impress people with your incredibly superior logic and reasoning skills. :-)

I love how everyone thinks this forum should behave how they want it too (or how they themselves do). Talk about self worth!

mattie
04-13-2011, 11:30 AM
ya. I'm an idiot. blackout tuesdays, aka facepalm/failboat

mattie
04-13-2011, 11:31 AM
I'm sure I wrote other **** throughout as well but I'll just assume I didn't since they're all probably as cringe inducing as this one.

TinManJoshua
04-13-2011, 11:42 AM
Mattie, it is wayyyy past your bedtime son. I suggest you join the debate club at your local elementary, that will help with your need to impress people with your incredibly superior logic and reasoning skills. :-)

I love how everyone thinks this forum should behave how they want it too (or how they themselves do). Talk about self worth!

http://www.flamewarriors.com/warriorshtm/jerk.htm

Brad8888
04-13-2011, 12:06 PM
Good reasoning about reasons to reason together without being unreasonable despite having a reasonable reason to be unreasonable that should actually be reasoned to be reasonable in light of a reasonable response from having consumed a reasonable (or possibly unreasonable) quantity of recreational beverages.

redfoster
04-13-2011, 12:14 PM
Good reasoning about reasons to reason together without being unreasonable despite having a reasonable reason to be unreasonable that should actually be reasoned to be reasonable in light of a reasonable response from having consumed a reasonable (or possibly unreasonable) quantity of recreational beverages.
Seems reasonable.

Peck
04-13-2011, 12:16 PM

By God that is one of the greatest sites I've ever visited. This guy has obviously studied all flame warriors and has the scouting report to prove it.

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

If you haven't seen this site yet, go look.

PaceBalls
04-13-2011, 12:45 PM
By God that is one of the greatest sites I've ever visited. This guy has obviously studied all flam warriors and has the souting report to prove it.

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

If you haven't seen this site yet, go look.

Oh god... I recognize all those stereotypes on here! I suppose it would be mean to point them out. :p

:brilliant

Great artwork too. This one had me :laugh:

http://www.flamewarriors.com/Assets/tinyyapper.jpg

Good stuff, thanks TinManJoshua!

TinManJoshua
04-13-2011, 12:51 PM
Oh god... I recognize all those stereotypes on here! I suppose it would be mean to point them out. :laugh:

:brilliant

Good stuff, thanks TinManJoshua!

Your very welcome.

I came across that last night, it was still fresh in my mind, particularly that character. There's one for the op, but I can't be bothered to look that one up.

IndyProdigy
04-13-2011, 12:51 PM
I agree. PD forum sucks so bad. Probably the worst board on the internet. Talent-wise, our posters just can't compete. Let's blow the whole thing up. Fire the mods and trade for new posters.

I heard Cleveland was trying to get rid of fair-weather posters. We better sell while they're still high.

BornReady
04-13-2011, 02:12 PM
I heard Cleveland was trying to get rid of fair-weather posters. We better sell while they're still high.

fair-weather posters? in Indy?

BringJackBack
04-13-2011, 03:12 PM
I recognize this one. Good stuff :laugh: :

http://www.flamewarriors.com/warriorshtm/cybersisters.htm

Psyren
04-13-2011, 03:18 PM
Ah, brings me back to those days of rambling off drunk thoughts.

Good times, good times.

Jon Theodore
04-13-2011, 07:14 PM

Best site ever!...although I think you pegged me wrong.

http://www.flamewarriors.com/warriorshtm/evilclown.htm

presto123
04-13-2011, 07:47 PM
I had a drunk post on the Rush message board recently. The next day I wondered if I was getting flamed. When I clicked on there luckily it was a popular thread and I didn't say anything TOO stupid. Got lucky on that one:)

mattie
04-13-2011, 09:14 PM
Well thanks for not making fun of me too bad. Jesus, I need to lay off the juice.

90'sNBARocked
04-13-2011, 09:27 PM
Hows that hangover :)

mattie
04-13-2011, 09:28 PM
I feel better now, I just had a beer which helped, but my day has been terrible. At work it was terrible. Ugh. lol

presto123
04-13-2011, 10:36 PM
I feel better now, I just had a beer which helped, but my day has been terrible. At work it was terrible. Ugh. lol

Sorry to hear. Good to have you on the board. Didn't have to change the thread title:)

Major Cold
04-13-2011, 10:37 PM
Just don't go off and marry that assistant after posting that memo.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/vW95YIpC6Rw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

MaHa3000
04-13-2011, 10:58 PM
Half my posts I've been 4/5 beers in. Not this one, though. I've cut back some.;)

Scot Pollard
04-13-2011, 11:24 PM
How are you mattie?

Do you know where you are?