PDA

View Full Version : Something odd & funny from last week's late game on TNT

ChristianDudley
04-12-2011, 08:39 PM
So I was watching the 2nd half of the Blazers @ Jazz game on TNT last Thursday night. The commentators, Reggie Miller/Marv Albert/someone else, were talking about Chris Johnson of the Blazers and how he's earned a contract from them after playing well in the D-League. Then they talked about how the D-League is very beneficial for lots of players and that there's good players coming out of the D-League. Then Marv Albert, with Reggie Miller listening to him, says the following out of the blue:

"Roy Hibbert has went down to the D-League several times and is now having a nice season for Indiana." - Marv Albert 4/7/11, Blazers @ Jazz with 10 minutes left in the 4th quarter.

I thought it was very interesting, especially since noone corrected him (not really a way to correct it I guess--how embarrassing). Unless he went down to play in the D-League and they kept it on the DL?? lol...or maybe they meant he went to Fort Wayne to catch a Mad Ants game several times this season to watch as a spectator?? lol

Something I just had to share!

Major Cold
04-12-2011, 08:46 PM
Marv has a job because of his voice, not his knowledge of the game. I would rather listen to Boyle any day. He has the voice and the knowledge.

pacer4ever
04-12-2011, 08:54 PM
ya i saw that and put it in the nba random thread Reggie is a terrible broadcaster

Kid Minneapolis
04-12-2011, 11:05 PM
ya i saw that and put it in the nba random thread Reggie is a terrible broadcaster

How is Reggie terrible for something stupid that Marv Albert said? Reggie is pretty good, imo. He just clammed up for that because frankly it's not all that beneficial to call out your broadcast buddy for saying something stupid, especially someone as established as Albert.

Speed
04-13-2011, 10:31 AM
I was listening to a Simmons/Steve Kerr podcast, recently. Steve referenced the D league about a rule where only 3 passes per possession are allowed. In jest of course. I have very little use for D league unless its like San Antonio, where they own the team and run the same sets and same philosophies as the Spurs.

D league just seems like a place to learn bad habits, mostly.