http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?page=MVP-2011

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?page=DPOY-2011

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?page=COY-2011

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?page=6th-2011

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?page=MIP-2011

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?page=ROY-2011

CableKC
04-12-2011, 04:18 PM
LOL....Jon Barry thinks that Grant Hill should be the DPOY.

BringJackBack
04-12-2011, 04:18 PM
I don't think that Derrick Rose is worthy of MVP. I just think that a bunch of writers/media outlets collectively got on a bandwagon and it's spiraled out of control. Lebron, Kobe, and especially Dwight deserve it over him in my opinion. I think Derrick is in a tier with Manu and Dirk who are guys that have a great surrounding casts but they aren't top five players in the league, yet they are MVP candidates and for good reason. But there are more valuable players.

Doug Collins gets my vote for COTY. I just don't see how a team of Iggy/Brand is all that good. After that I think TT deserves it followed by Pop.

No question that Lamar is the sixth man of the year. No question.

PacersFan1991
04-12-2011, 04:24 PM
Dr. Jack has Manu as MVP and Keith Bogans as DPOY :laugh:

Pacergeek
04-12-2011, 04:53 PM
I don't think that Derrick Rose is worthy of MVP. I just think that a bunch of writers/media outlets collectively got on a bandwagon and it's spiraled out of control. Lebron, Kobe, and especially Dwight deserve it over him in my opinion. I think Derrick is in a tier with Manu and Dirk who are guys that have a great surrounding casts but they aren't top five players in the league, yet they are MVP candidates and for good reason. But there are more valuable players.

Doug Collins gets my vote for COTY. I just don't see how a team of Iggy/Brand is all that good. After that I think TT deserves it followed by Pop.

am i the only person who thinks its a joke that Kobe only has one MVP? He would get my vote just because he deserves multiple MVPs. Dwight is also overdue to win. Rose is worthy of an MVP, but he is just too young to win this award IMO.

Justin Tyme
04-12-2011, 05:02 PM
Rose is worthy of an MVP, but he is just too young to win this award IMO.

Talk about a case for age discrimination!!!!!

Jared Sullinger
04-12-2011, 05:04 PM
Dr. Jack has Manu as MVP and Keith Bogans as DPOY :laugh:

I'm pretty sure he's had Alzheimer's disease for close to a decade now.

vnzla81
04-12-2011, 05:05 PM
Not mentioning of Gordon Hayward for rookie of the year? :wtf:

Pacergeek
Talk about a case for age discrimination!!!!!

true. i just believe that a player needs to "pay his dues" before winning this prestigious award. Rose is outstanding, and I am not taking anything away from him, but i would like to see a more established player win it this season. Rose has his entire career to win MVPs.

Pacergeek

i actually like Demarcus Cousins. lol.

ilive4sports
04-12-2011, 05:15 PM

I disagree on the Rose thing. How is his team better than the Lakers? Does he play with a top 3 player in the league like Wade? I know the Heat aren't deep but LeBron plays with Wade and Bosh, both have carried them to wins throughout the season as well as LeBron. Plus the Heat aren't as good as Chicago. Nor are the Lakers. Orlando isn't even close. Dwight is having a great season, but they are a team that lives and dies on the three rather than on what Dwight does.

The Bulls live and die on Rose. He is having a great year. He has lead them to the best record in the East and can tie for best in the NBA still. And Noah/Boozer missed a combined 50+games. The biggest thing that goes against Rose is that Chicago is such a good defensive team.

ilive4sports
04-12-2011, 05:24 PM
am i the only person who thinks its a joke that Kobe only has one MVP? He would get my vote just because he deserves multiple MVPs. Dwight is also overdue to win. Rose is worthy of an MVP, but he is just too young to win this award IMO.

While it is surprising that Kobe only has one, look at his career. His early career he never was going to win it because of Shaq. Then the Lakers weren't that great of a team even though he was still having great seasons. Then LeBron James came along and certainly deserved winning the last two MVP awards. Honestly he deserved one of Nash's, but just because he only has one is a terrible reason to give him another. I'm sure Kobe is just fine with one MVP to go along with his 5 championships and 2 finals MVP awards.

mattie
04-12-2011, 06:39 PM
am i the only person who thinks its a joke that Kobe only has one MVP?

Unfortunately, no. I'm sure the majority of basketball fans across the country feel like Kobe is MJ the second and he should have 3 or 4 more.

You and the rest of those fans who've been lied to for 10 years would be wrong though. The only one he ever should have got was when he threw up 35 a game. The one he won he doesn't even deserve.

This season there is absolutely no way in hell he deserves an MVP, he has an incredible team around him, and you don't give MVP to players just because they're fortunate to play on an extremely talented team.

I think Kobe is very fortunate to have 1 MVP. Usually players that win MVP's are the absolute best. Kobe has never been the best player in the league. There have always been either Shaq, Duncan, LeBron or Wade or T-Mac (for a short 2 years) who have all been superior players.

MarvelousMarvin
04-12-2011, 06:43 PM
i actually like Demarcus Cousins. lol.

He has one of the worst efficiencies of all time this year.

troyc11a
04-12-2011, 07:09 PM

I think all intelligent basketball fans understand that Kobe Bryant is deserving of a couple more MVP's. He has been the best player on the best team for the last few years and a few years ago was the best player in the league. Nobody brings offensively and defensively like Kobe has. The Lakers could have replaced him with an above average SG like Manu and and all 5 of those rings disappear! I cannot stand the guy, I would not want him on the Pacers, but he is the best player of this generation hands down!

I honestly think he gets penalized for playing with Shaq which is stupid. Jordan never got penalized for playing with Scottie (Scottie was more successful without Jordan than Jordan was without him too). Shaq wins none of those Laker rings without Kobe!

TheDon
04-12-2011, 07:12 PM
I'm sure Kobe is just fine with his 2 finals MVP's

Major Cold
04-12-2011, 07:20 PM
Are you serious? Cause every person in the world should know that Griffin gets this hands down. Hayward should not even be in the top 3.

troyc11a
04-12-2011, 09:25 PM
I'm sure Kobe is just fine with his 2 finals MVP's

Yea, I doubt if he is missing any sleep!

vnzla81
04-12-2011, 10:03 PM
Are you serious? Cause every person in the world should know that Griffin gets this hands down. Hayward should not even be in the top 3.

:laugh:

troyc11a
04-12-2011, 10:57 PM

He's joking man!

Sookie
04-12-2011, 11:12 PM
Unfortunately, no. I'm sure the majority of basketball fans across the country feel like Kobe is MJ the second and he should have 3 or 4 more.

You and the rest of those fans who've been lied to for 10 years would be wrong though. The only one he ever should have got was when he threw up 35 a game. The one he won he doesn't even deserve.

This season there is absolutely no way in hell he deserves an MVP, he has an incredible team around him, and you don't give MVP to players just because they're fortunate to play on an extremely talented team.

I think Kobe is very fortunate to have 1 MVP. Usually players that win MVP's are the absolute best. Kobe has never been the best player in the league. There have always been either Shaq, Duncan, LeBron or Wade or T-Mac (for a short 2 years) who have all been superior players.

:rolleyes:

Kobe's been the best player in the league for the past generation.

Unfortunately for him, people won't figure it out for about twenty years, because he's not likable.

Fortunately for him, he stopped caring what other people thought about him a few years ago.

That said, Nash has a few of Kobe's MVPs, arguably, but there was an article that made a great point. MVPs are made when a guy comes out of nowhere and has a fantastic season. Voters don't appreciate consistent excellence. Phil only has one COY award too.

It's okay, they'll count their rings together. Kobe would rather have another finals MVP anyway.

Major Cold
04-12-2011, 11:19 PM
He's joking man!
Well it is hard to tell. No green font and the fact that he says nearly as crazy stuff in seriousness. :-p

ilive4sports
04-12-2011, 11:24 PM
:rolleyes:

Kobe's been the best player in the league for the past generation.

Unfortunately for him, people won't figure it out for about twenty years, because he's not likable.

Fortunately for him, he stopped caring what other people thought about him a few years ago.

That said, Nash has a few of Kobe's MVPs, arguably, but there was an article that made a great point. MVPs are made when a guy comes out of nowhere and has a fantastic season. Voters don't appreciate consistent excellence. Phil only has one COY award too.

It's okay, they'll count their rings together. Kobe would rather have another finals MVP anyway.

Kobe is definitely the best player since the post Jordan era, but he kinda got sandwiched in a weird time where players were having better seasons than he did. I think one of Nash's MVP should have been Kobe's but the rest I'm ok with.

Richard_Skull
04-13-2011, 12:05 AM
IMHO, I truly believe the best player post MJ is Tim Duncan. The only reason Kobe tends to get that is that he plays the same position. But, hands down, TD is the best player post Jordan.

Eleazar
04-13-2011, 01:07 AM
I honestly don't think Kobe deserves any more MVPs than he has gotten. When he was first at a point where he could be considered for it he had Shaq on his team who was obviously more valuable than he. Since then he has never really set himself apart as being the most important player to his teams success than other players on other teams. That isn't a knock against him, but the nature of the award. It isn't about who is the best player, it is about who is the most valuable to their team. Kobe has mostly been extremely lucky to have a lot of talent around him. It is the same reason for why Phil Jackson has so few coach of the year awards. Can you really be coach of the year when you constantly have 2 of the best 10 or 15 players on your team? Recently he hasn't had the luxury, but for the vast majority of his time coaching he has either had MJ and Pippen or Kobe and Shaq.

King Tuts Tomb
04-13-2011, 01:26 AM
Is it that crazy that Kobe hasn't won more MVPs?

1996-2004: Shaq was on the team. No way Kobe wins MVP being the second best player on the team.
2005-2007: His teams average 42 wins. Can't win MVP on a .500 team.
2008: Wins MVP
2009-2010: Two titles but LeBron had dominant regular seasons.

I guess you could argue he should have won in one of the last two years, but that's it.

cdash
04-13-2011, 01:35 AM
LOL....Jon Barry thinks that Grant Hill should be the DPOY.

Honestly, he's been fantastic on the defensive end this year. I think it was one of those "recognition" votes. Just by putting Hill's name on there he got the word out that Hill has been defending great this season.

Constellations
04-13-2011, 02:08 AM
True story, if it wasn't for Grant Hill, that EPIC triple OT against LA wouldn't have happened. He defended Kobe like a champion that night.

ilive4sports
04-13-2011, 02:19 AM
Is it that crazy that Kobe hasn't won more MVPs?

1996-2004: Shaq was on the team. No way Kobe wins MVP being the second best player on the team.
2005-2007: His teams average 42 wins. Can't win MVP on a .500 team.
2008: Wins MVP
2009-2010: Two titles but LeBron had dominant regular seasons.

I guess you could argue he should have won in one of the last two years, but that's it.

Exactly. I would have been fine if he got one of Nash's, but his team wasn't at the level that Nash's was. Its also why Dwight Howard won't win it this year.

Kobe is an all time great. But he just kinda fell in a time where yeah he is great, but there are a lot of other great players too.