PDA

View Full Version : Contender/Pretender Vol. 20 - New York Knicks

Ultimate Frisbee
10-04-2004, 03:35 AM
Since no one responded to the last one of these, I'll take a hint if no one responds to this one either...

Can the Knicks make the playoff? Win the extremely weak Atlantic division?

Starters:

PG: Stephon Marbury
SG: Jamal Crawford
SF: Tim Thomas
PF: Kurt Thomas
C: Nazr Muhammed

Bench:
Shandon Anderson - F/G
Trevor Ariza - F/G
Vin Baker - F
Jamison Brewer - G
Anfernee Hardaway - G/F
Allan Houston - G
Moochie Norris - G
Bruno Sundov - C
Mike Sweetney - F
Jerome Williams - C-F

Ultimate Frisbee
10-04-2004, 03:37 AM
The Knicks really have enough guards to staff 3 teams.. I see them getting mauled inside though. if Vin Baker relapses yet again...

I do think they are contenders to win the division (76ers are the only real opposition) and will probably make the playoffs...

DisplacedKnick
10-04-2004, 07:53 AM
Just call us the re-tread team.

IOW - Pretender unless ...

- Vin Baker becomes a 20-10 guy again
- Penny Hardaway becomes a 17-8 guy again
- Houston comes back healthy, scores 20 ppg and shoots 40% from 3

Oh - and let's not forget the "never reached their potential" folks - TT becomes the 20-8 guy we all thought he would about 3 years ago. And Nazr becomes a "semi-stopper" on defense.

And then we have Jamal Crawford's shot selection, Marbury actually becoming a winner rather than a great fantasy league player - dang, I think I've just covered the entire lineup except KT.

Er, pretender

But watch for Mike Sweetney - he's better than a lot of people think.

And the Atlantic is so woefully weak that we should be able to win it (Philly's a threat) and get the 3rd seed which probably gets us to the second rd where we'll get swept.

DisplacedKnick
10-04-2004, 07:56 AM
The Knicks really have enough guards to staff 3 teams.. I see them getting mauled inside though. if Vin Baker relapses yet again...

You'll love this then (I know I do :rolleyes: )

The big trade rumor floating around is KT for Wally.

I think that makes our starting lineup:

PG - Marbury
SG - Houston
SF - Crawford
PF - Wally
C - TT

I'm sure the Pistons and Pacers look at that lineup and shudder at the potential to physically dominate teams. :o

Ultimate Frisbee
10-04-2004, 03:48 PM

You'll love this then (I know I do :rolleyes: )

The big trade rumor floating around is KT for Wally.

I think that makes our starting lineup:

PG - Marbury
SG - Houston
SF - Crawford
PF - Wally
C - TT

I'm sure the Pistons and Pacers look at that lineup and shudder at the potential to physically dominate teams. :o

:laugh::laugh: I do love that!

Hicks
10-04-2004, 06:36 PM
Wally and TT as your PF/C combo? Jesus Christ that's bad :laugh:

DisplacedKnick
10-04-2004, 10:10 PM
Wally and TT as your PF/C combo? Jesus Christ that's bad :laugh:

Well, I hope everyone realizes I was kidding - but we would have Wally, Houston, Crawford and TT to fill the SG and SF positions - which is just goofy. Especially with a team that's thin up front.

smoothie
10-05-2004, 11:22 AM
according to espn the wolves are about to sign former rocket and one time net, eddie griffin. if they do they have no use for KT.

Kegboy
10-05-2004, 11:55 AM
But watch for Mike Sweetney - he's better than a lot of people think.

Yep. Zeke said Aguirre and Glymph were working with him all summer and he's really improved. I think that's the real reason he's trying to drop KT.

DisplacedKnick
10-05-2004, 11:56 AM
Ah, because Griffin is a veritable rock in the stability department...

Of course he is! The Wolves will be set at PF for years to come! No need for KT.

(Can you tell I hate that trade???)