Coming up next.

1260 AM in Indy.

1:35 EST.

TinManJoshua
04-11-2011, 01:34 PM
Coming up next.

1260 AM in Indy.

1:35 EST.

I'm in class, can someone break this down on here?

mildlysane
04-11-2011, 01:53 PM
recap?

BRushWithDeath
04-11-2011, 02:17 PM
Nothing groundbreaking or anything that we haven't heard before.

Gave a lot of credit to McRoberts and Hansbrough for turning a perceived weakness into a strength.

Disagreed with Granger that stopping Rose meant stopping the Bulls. Talked about how tough their defense is.

Wouldn't comment on whether or not he felt he'd earned the job.

Pretty basic interview. If you've heard one, you're heard a thousand.

Speed
04-11-2011, 02:47 PM
I like Frank Vogel alot. I don't know if you keep him here right now, but I firmly believe that if he's not already, someday he'll be a helluva NBA head coach. I wonder what the other NBA teams think of him as a candidate moving forward.

dal9
04-11-2011, 03:22 PM
did he get run?

Mackey_Rose
04-11-2011, 03:39 PM
did he get run?

Manual buzzer.

Rome didn't like his call. It wasn't a very good call.

Unclebuck
04-11-2011, 03:54 PM
Disagreed with Granger that stopping Rose meant stopping the Bulls. Talked about how tough their defense is.

Good to hear the coach is aware, as any coach would be. The Bulls defense is their most obvious strength as a team

BRushWithDeath
04-11-2011, 04:01 PM
The Bulls defense is their most obvious strength as a team

No question.

Their defense is as good as I've seen this decade. Very much like the Celtics with better individual defenders. Downright scary. I don't think they have the offense to get the Finals but their defense is unbelievable.

SMosley21
04-11-2011, 04:09 PM
No question.

Their defense is as good as I've seen this decade. Very much like the Celtics with better individual defenders. Downright scary. I don't think they have the offense to get the Finals but their defense is unbelievable.

Wait, I thought the best offense was a good defense :confused:

Unclebuck
04-11-2011, 04:14 PM
No question.

Yeah, obviously they have the same guy coaching the defense, so the system is the same. I marvel not at the system, but how hard he is able to get the players to play defense, and the fact he gets them to play it together. Tibs has turned out to be an excellent head coach, the Bullss are the best coached team in the NBA right now. I do wonder if he is a lot like Skiles, in that he won't be able to stay any one place too long, he is extremely intense.

Not sure if I agree with you though as far as the Bulls having better individial defenders than the Celtics. KG is one of the best of all time. Bulls don't anyone like that. Rondo is probably slightly better than Rose. Pierce is underrated as is Allen since he's been with the C's. But I'll agree that the Bulls have better wing defenders.

Pistons defense in 2004 is the best I've ever seen. But then again they would not be able to play that same style today, the game is called differently. They would still be a great defensive team though, and I'll say the best defensive frontline ever is Prince, Sheed and Ben as a group. Chauncey was great back then too, Rip was average.

naptownmenace
04-11-2011, 05:05 PM
I happened to catch the interview and he regarding the Bulls defense he said something to the effect of, "Not only do you have to worry about stopping Derrick Rose, you have to figure out a way to score against them."

He kept saying that the Bulls are the best defensive team in the entire league. He must have said that 3-4 times.

That got me thinking about Tom Thibodeau. I'm sure he's going to win the Coach of the Year Award but what he's also shown me is that he was the genuis behind Doc Rivers/Celtics dominance. It makes you start to wonder exactly how good a coach Doc Rivers is considering that the Celts haven't been nearly as effective defensively this season while Chicago is the best defensive team in the league.

Unclebuck
04-12-2011, 04:20 AM
That got me thinking about Tom Thibodeau. I'm sure he's going to win the Coach of the Year Award but what he's also shown me is that he was the genuis behind Doc Rivers/Celtics dominance. It makes you start to wonder exactly how good a coach Doc Rivers is considering that the Celts haven't been nearly as effective defensively this season while Chicago is the best defensive team in the league.

Not sure if we can agree on a method of measuring whether the Celtics defense has suffered this season. But I do not think it has. Although keep in mind the Celtics record is better this season than last.

I'll look up the team defensive stats on Tuesday, because I am curious. My sense is the Celtics defense is just as good, but the offense has really gone south since the trade (which really makes no sense)

OK here are the Celtics defenswive FG% for the past 4 years.

2008 - .419 - by far the best in the NBA
2009 - .431 best in the nBA
2010 - .451 - 10th best in the NBA
2011 - .435 - 3rd

I would say in '08 they were a great defensive team, one of the best during the past 10-15 years. But they are still one of the best in the NBA this season

Major Cold
04-12-2011, 07:20 AM
I think George Karl deserves COY. What he went through was hard and still he kept the team competitive in the West.

Kaufman
04-12-2011, 07:55 AM
I think George Karl deserves COY. What he went through was hard .

have no doubt about that. of all the cancers i've seen treated, head and neck is the most gruesome treatment around.

pacergod2
04-12-2011, 11:59 AM
have no doubt about that. of all the cancers i've seen treated, head and neck is the most gruesome treatment around.

Of all the cancers I have seen, Carmelo Anthony ranks right up there with his ball dominating isolation basketball and his lack of desire to play defense.

I may have gone too far making a joke about cancer.