PDA

View Full Version : Official predictions: Pacers vs Bulls

Unclebuck
04-11-2011, 09:12 AM
I know some have made predictions in the other threads about the Pacers vs Bulls matchup, and I do not intend for this thread in anyway to replace or take away from the other thread.

But I thought this thread could be just for prediction without any analysis. Just who you think will win and in how many games.

I'm going with Bulls in 5 games. I think the Pacers will either win game #3 or #4 at home in a close game. One of the first two the Pacers will get blownout badly and the other one Bulls will have a decent lead most of the game - 7-10 point type lead.

If it doesn't go 5 games it will go 4.

owl
04-11-2011, 09:20 AM
Mh heart wants to say they can go 6-7 games with the Bulls but realistically(imho)
they win one game. It will be a good experience regardless of the outcome for the future of the Pacers. They really need to learn how to close out games. Last night against the Knicks is a classic case. They just don't have a bigtime shot maker. Reggie is not walking through that door. Danny has no hops to rise up and take a shot when defended.
However I will continue to hope I am wrong.

BillS
04-11-2011, 09:23 AM
Bulls in 5.

First game will be a blowout and PD will explode with pessimism and "see, we should have tanked" messages.

Second game will be closer but still a decisive Bulls victory.

Third game will be a narrow Pacers victory as the Bulls let the pressure off a little.

Fourth game will be a close game but a Bulls win, and Bulls will finish the series in the first game back at United Center.

BRushWithDeath
04-11-2011, 09:31 AM
My head says Bulls in 4.

My heart says Bulls in 5.

I'll go with my heart.

Unclebuck
04-11-2011, 09:34 AM
Bulls in 5.

First game will be a blowout and PD will explode with pessimism and "see, we should have tanked" messages.

Third game will be a narrow Pacers victory as the Bulls let the pressure off a little.

Fourth game will be a close game but a Bulls win, and Bulls will finish the series in the first game back at United Center.

I agree 100%.

I'll just add, there will be no point within the series where it appears the Pacers might win the saeries.

Thinking back to 2005 the Pacers had a 2-1 lead on the Pistons and even though the Pistons were a better team when your team is up 2-1 and have game #4 at home you think if your team can get game #4 it is possible.

vnzla81
04-11-2011, 09:41 AM
Bulls in five, with the firts two been blow outs, Pacers would win one and the Bulls will finish them in Chicago.

After that we are going to get like a thousand thread in how to blow the team up :cool:

Trader Joe
04-11-2011, 09:42 AM
I think it will be Bulls in 5. I think the Bulls brand of basketball will not lend to a sweep. At some point they'll get a little tired and need to ease the gas a little.

Would be interesting if we could get game 3 and then have a lead at half time of game 4. See if you could get the Bulls to tighten up a bit.

BillS
04-11-2011, 09:46 AM
Bulls in five, with the firts two been blow outs, Pacers would win one and the Bulls will finish them in Chicago.

After that we are going to get like a thousand thread in how to blow the team up :cool:

Only a thousand? That'd have to be, like, some kind of win. :laugh:

BRushWithDeath

I don't agree with this. Other than the first game being a likely blowout. So unlike Buck agreeing 100%, I guess I agree 90%.

Nobody wanted to tank this year.

Once the coaching change was implemented and the young guys were the ones playing, winning was the only goal.

This is not like years past where we were playing old guys and getting worse to equal results.

This is also not like years past where there are players worth tanking for. This draft is weak at the top. Its strength lies in that a player you get at 15 is about the same as a player you can get at 5.

There was no reason to tank this season and nobody calling for it.

xtacy
My head says Bulls in 4.

My heart says Bulls in 5.

I'll go with my heart.

same here but i will go with my head.

BRushWithDeath
04-11-2011, 09:52 AM
same here but i will go with my head.

I really just went with 5 because I really want to see a playoff win in person.

The last playoff game I was at was the Tayshaun block in '04. It still gives me nightmares.

Dunk it Reggie!

I need something to purge that image.

Sparhawk
04-11-2011, 10:04 AM
Bulls in 6. If we can get 2 games, that will be fantastic. All I truly ask for is to not get swept.

Kegboy
04-11-2011, 10:16 AM
Bulls in 4.

Many, many reasons. Here's some:

- 60+ win team vs. -40 win team. Extreme difference in level of talent.
- Their strengths (Point and Post) are our weaknesses. To be blunt, Rose is going to eviscerate us.
- Thib's first playoff series. He's gonna ride his guys hard, maybe too hard. Get the easy series out of the way to start preparing for the big guys.
- Complete and utter lack of playoff experience on the court and on the bench. This isn't the experienced Isiah teams who could steal a game or two on grit and savy. We're walking into a buzzsaw.

Before people get bent out of shape about this series, just remember, we're not just underdogs, we're extreme underdogs. The NBA world doesn't just expect us to get swept, they expect us to lose by 20 every night. And with good reason.

We made the playoffs, that was the goal. Don't lose sight of that. Anything positive we do now is gravy, and will be hard earned.

BringJackBack
04-11-2011, 10:19 AM
I'm going Bulls in 5.

Game one: Bulls W
Game two: Bulls W
Game three: Pacers W
Game four: Bulls W
Game five: Bulls W

I am tempted to go Bulls in six though..

Hicks
04-11-2011, 10:22 AM
My official prediction will also be Bulls in five. A sweep would surprise me. The Pacers winning two games would not. The Bulls are young, too.

naptownmenace
04-11-2011, 10:22 AM
Bulls in 5 but I think they'll probably win the first 3 games in-a-row.

DRose is simply unstoppable right now and there is no way he's going to let his team lose more than once against the Pacers.

I'm still going to enjoy the series and just hope that the Pacers can keep at least 3 of the games close and interesting.

BRushWithDeath
04-11-2011, 10:26 AM
The Bulls are young, too.

The Bulls are young but at least most of their guys have been contriubtors in the playoffs. Some of them deep into the playoffs.

We've got James Posey, Jeff Foster, and a bunch of guys who have no idea what to expect.

bellisimo
04-11-2011, 10:26 AM
Bulls in 4 - I want it to be a competititve series but I also have seen how Pacers handle once the opposing team tightens the D and plays with intensity. We're too soft mentally to do any damage in the playoffs. This will be a good learning tool for them...hopefully they'll make the most out of it and not get blown out every single night...

Foul on Smits
04-11-2011, 10:27 AM
Pacers in 7

pacer4ever
04-11-2011, 10:27 AM
Bulls in 5.

I think we should have tanked a long time ago

vnzla81
04-11-2011, 10:43 AM
I'll also predict that Rose is going to destroy DC and AJ in such a way that Vogel is gonna have to make the decision of making TJ our back up.

Brad8888
04-11-2011, 10:58 AM
I will go with the consensus: Bulls in 5.

Major Cold
04-11-2011, 10:58 AM
I really want to win one. But I am going with a sweep by the Bulls. I think they are peaking at the right time.

SMosley21
04-11-2011, 11:01 AM
Pacers in a thrilling 7 game series.

Brad8888
04-11-2011, 11:08 AM
Pacers in a thrilling 7 game series on 2K11 after Chicago mysteriously trades away DRose and Noah for Devin Harris and Troy Murphy.

Fixed?

SMosley21
04-11-2011, 11:09 AM
Fixed?

You broke it

Brad8888
04-11-2011, 11:12 AM
You broke it

True. Especially since that trade couldn't even happen with Murph in Boston now :blush:

Unclebuck
04-11-2011, 11:14 AM
I just want to say I have seen 5 game series that were really good and really competitive, in fact I have seen some pretty good 4 game series (although once a team gets up 3-0 it is over). But if the games are close and as you are watching it appears either team could win the game, it makes the series a tgood series. Also if the games are close you feel if the lesser team can just get 1 win it could change the whole momentum.

Unfortunately I do not see the Pacers vs Bulls like that. So I am predicting 5, but not a good competitive 5.

SMosley21
04-11-2011, 11:14 AM
True. Especially since that trade couldn't even happen with Murph in Boston now :blush:

The way I see it, if people are going to be overly pessimistic and say that we'll be lucky to win a game, then I can be overly optimistic and say we're going to take the Bulls to 7 games and win the series.

Major Cold
04-11-2011, 11:16 AM
I really think we can bank too much on the season series. The playoffs are completely different.

Peck
04-11-2011, 11:22 AM
<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/i-m5fwjjob4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

ColeTheMole
04-11-2011, 11:22 AM
Bulls in seven. It will be reminiscent of the seven game series the bulls played against the celtics in 2009. Then hopefully the Pacers can be the #1 seed in two years.

Brad8888
04-11-2011, 11:25 AM
The way I see it, if people are going to be overly pessimistic and say that we'll be lucky to win a game, then I can be overly optimistic and say we're going to take the Bulls to 7 games and win the series.

I would love nothing more than to see you right. It was a very poorly thought out attempt at humor on my part, and I shouldn't have done it. I am sorry SMosley. :(

SMosley21
04-11-2011, 11:39 AM
I would love nothing more than to see you right. It was a very poorly thought out attempt at humor on my part, and I shouldn't have done it. I am sorry SMosley. :(

LOL! No need to apologize Bro Dimaggio. My tone was that of a happy little goofball, just wasn't relayed via text.

Will Galen
04-11-2011, 12:54 PM
We can't stop anyone at the end of games. And we for sure won't stop this season's MVP. Broom city.

Sollozzo
04-11-2011, 12:58 PM
Bulls in 5. I think we will win a close one here and then they'll finish us up in Chicago.

KingGeorge
04-11-2011, 01:09 PM
Pacers in 6

smj887
04-11-2011, 01:13 PM
http://www.nbauniverse.com/teams/logo_indianapacers.gif
http://www.clipartguide.com/_named_clipart_images/0511-0906-2523-5409_Push_Broom_Sweeping_Dirt_Into_a_Dustpan_clipa rt_image.jpg
http://seanfoster.org/assets/img/ChicagoBullsLogo.gif

You heard it here first.

No I did not mix up the order of the images.

Go Pacers.

Sookie
04-11-2011, 01:15 PM
Bulls in 6
Game one Bulls
Game two Bulls
Game three Pacers
Game four Bulls
Game five Pacers
Game six Bulls

Kid Minneapolis
04-11-2011, 01:28 PM
Man, this is a tough one! I could see so many potential outcomes.

My gut is saying the same thing Sookie is saying:

Bulls in 6
Game one Bulls
Game two Bulls
Game three Pacers
Game four Bulls
Game five Pacers
Game six Bulls

I honestly don't think we'll be swept... but I'm not sure anything will surprise me in this series. I could see it going so many ways. The Bulls are not the Jordan Bulls, the Pacers aren't as bad as their record says, and the playoffs are a whole different animal. Bulls will lose at least one. The Pacers are a strange animal right now. They didn't exactly back into the playoffs, despite their overall horrible record for a playoff team... they have new coaching... they had much improved play down the stretch... they are big, long, athletic, deep, and talented --- but young. So there will be flashes of brilliance mixed with flashes of WTF. (Indiana has a lot in place except for experience and confidence, which will come with time --- the confidence thing JOB shattered and Vogel restored, which I think is the largest x-factor in this playoff run).

Conventional wisdom says Pacers win no more than two, maybe just one. In bizarro-world, the Pacers win this series. But it wouldn't surprise me if we see a Chicago sweep... a long-drawn-out Chicago 7-game win... a long-drawn-out Pacers 7-game win... or anything in between.

About the only thing I can say with confidence is that the Pacers probably aren't going to sweep the Bulls.

LA_Confidential
04-11-2011, 01:31 PM
Pacers In 7

Game 1 Bulls
Game 2 Bulls
Game 3 Pacers
Game 4 Pacers
Game 5 Bulls
Game 6 Pacers
Game 7 Pacers

Eleazar
04-11-2011, 01:37 PM
Bulls in 7

This team is not a sub-.500 team. That may be what their record says, but the majority of that record came from a completely different team. With out current team we have a winning record.

The Bulls are not that much more talented than the Pacers, they are only more consistent. Which will be the difference in this series.

I Love P
04-11-2011, 01:44 PM
Bulls in 5.

Game 1: Bulls 116 Pacers 88
Game 2: Bulls 106 Pacers 98
Game 3: Bulls 100 Pacers 96
Game 4: Pacers 107 Bulls 96
Game 5: Bulls 100 Pacers 95

xBulletproof
04-11-2011, 01:48 PM
Bulls in 6.

Minus LanceGate, this team is 17-8 since Vogel took over. Chew on that stat for a second. I was shocked myself when I looked that up.

Justin Tyme
04-11-2011, 01:59 PM
I know some have made predictions in the other threads about the Pacers vs Bulls matchup, and I do not intend for this thread in anyway to replace or take away from the other thread.

But I thought this thread could be just for prediction without any analysis. Just who you think will win and in how many games.

I'm going with Bulls in 5 games. I think the Pacers will either win game #3 or #4 at home in a close game. One of the first two the Pacers will get blownout badly and the other one Bulls will have a decent lead most of the game - 7-10 point type lead.

If it doesn't go 5 games it will go 4.

Sounds about right. Realism vs optimism.

xIndyFan
04-11-2011, 02:10 PM
bulls in 4.

i would really really like the pacers to at least win a game, but just don't see it.

pacer players don't look either ready or able to play hard enough to make a difference. this series is not about coaching and schemes, it is about effort and attitude. pacer guys are nice guys that need to learn how to play both hard and smart. this series will be an incentive in that learning process. a painful and unpleasent incentive. winning in the playoffs is hard and takes a lot of real work. right now, pacer players are about lip service not hard work. :sigh: :shrug:

Eleazar
04-11-2011, 02:11 PM
Bulls in 6.

Minus LanceGate, this team is 17-8 since Vogel took over. Chew on that stat for a second. I was shocked myself when I looked that up.

Even with "LanceGate" the team still has a winning record. I don't think anyone will argue that this team is better than the Bulls, but a lot of people seem to be ignoring how good and talented this team can be. Ultimately the only difference I see between the top teams in the east and this team is consistency. This team (not JOBs team) if consistent over a whole season is probably a 50 win team, they just haven't figured out how to be consistent yet. Often times that is the biggest difference between young inexperienced teams, and teams like the Bulls or Celtics. It isn't talent level, it is consistency level.

FlavaDave
04-11-2011, 02:15 PM
I say we sweep them. Why not? What the hell. It's just sports, this is just a message board, we're fans.

So F it. I say we're gonna sweep the *******s.

TMJ31
04-11-2011, 02:24 PM
If given the option to go between my head and my heart, I go with my heart 11 out of 10 times (the curse of an actor)

I say Pacers in 6.

Game 1: Pacers (Shocking upset when the Bulls fail to fully take Indy seriously)
Game 2: Bulls (Bulls realize they have to actually play the games now, begin to get a little tight)
Game 3: Pacers (Indy fans are treated to a thrilling playoff game won by the B & G)
Game 4: Pacers (Against all odds, Pacers push Bulls to brink as Conseco goes crazy!)
Game 5: Bulls (Desperate and dazed, Chicago avoids elimination at home)
Game 6: Pacers (Knowing the series CANNOT go back to Chicago, Good guys win a close one and pull off possibly the single greatest playoff series upset in NBA history. Not shockingly, the Sportscenter highlights after the game focus on what the Bulls did WRONG as opposed to the fact that the Pacers soundly BEAT them... Some things never change.)

As has been posited several times, the key to this series is obviously D Rose.

If we can force Chicago to live or die by his scoring, then we have a chance.
As long as there aren't one or two secondary role player types for the Bulls who go off for 20+ a game I feel good about our chances every night.

Rose will get his, but I am fine with that as long as we buckle down around him. This simply HAS to be our strategy.

BillS
04-11-2011, 02:26 PM
Game 6: Pacers (Knowing the series CANNOT go back to Chicago, Good guys win a close one and pull off possible the single greatest playoff series upset in NBA history.

Oh, to be young and innocent and full of optimism once more. :D

Unclebuck
04-11-2011, 02:37 PM
I say we sweep them. Why not? What the hell. It's just sports, this is just a message board, we're fans.

So F it. I say we're gonna sweep the *******s.

You must not have read the part where whoever gets their prediction right has a chance to win a really nice prize.

Day-V
04-11-2011, 02:38 PM
Pacers in 6. BPump told me this last night, and he's never steered me wrong before.

Heisenberg
04-11-2011, 02:41 PM
Basically the same as UB. I think game one will be an easy Bulls win, 10-15 points. Game two I think we'll "make a game of it" but the Bulls still take it rather comfortably. Game three, we squeeze out a 2 possession or so win. Game 4 Chicago wins comfortably like like game two. Chicago closes it out in convincing, step on our throats fashion and kills us in game 5.

JB24
04-11-2011, 02:55 PM
Bulls in 4. It's a moot point now as they're in freefall and on their way to the third seed, but I still can't understand why people preferred the Bulls over the Celtics, who are clearly a much better match-up and presented a much stronger opportunity to steal a game or two given their current form, 'veteran savvy' be damned.

Trophy
04-11-2011, 02:58 PM
I'd really love to see this go to a game 7 no matter who wins.

I see us winning at least 1 game so I feel like it'll be Bulls in 5.

I'll enjoy it if we stay competitive and scare the Bulls and give them a surprise of not getting out of the first round easily.

Jared Sullinger
04-11-2011, 03:17 PM
If I had something valuable on the line, I'd probably take Chicago in 5, but I don't, so...

Pacers in 7.

Il Ragionier Ugo Fantozzi
04-11-2011, 03:28 PM
Bulls in 5.

pathil275
04-11-2011, 03:31 PM
We'll see a 7th game. Pressure might be too big in a seventh game at the United Center, but I give us a fair chance in the series.

Roaming Gnome
04-11-2011, 04:00 PM
http://www.nba.com/nuggets/images/mutombo_celb_grab.jpg
Not this year.... Bulls in 5 just because they let off the gas in game 4!

Eventhough it would be neat to see Roy take the same pose as former G'town center Mutombo after a shocking upset of a #1 seed. I remember Denver was totally outclassed in the first 2 games of that series, but Denver held their home court and shocked the world in game 5.

I just don't see it with us, though!

yoadknux
04-11-2011, 04:36 PM
Bulls in six.
CHI
IND
CHI
CHI
IND
CHI

JEM
04-11-2011, 04:58 PM
Bulls in 5 most likely.. I think the Pacers will win one in Indy but thats all.

McKeyFan
04-11-2011, 05:17 PM
Bulls in six.

Kegboy
04-11-2011, 05:48 PM
I have a question for those who are picking the Pacers to win 2, 3, or 4 games. If we don't, are you going to be on here all summer (and fall, and probably winter, hopefully not spring) talking about how much we suck and need to blow the team up?

The mood swings have been so drastic on here this year, I don't want anyone setting themselves up for disappointment.

pathil275
04-11-2011, 05:57 PM
Nope, I am fairly content with the last couple of weeks and like the way we are finally developing our young squad. The Bulls are tough, but why not being optimistic here? I've seen crazier things happen.

vnzla81
04-11-2011, 06:00 PM
I have a question for those who are picking the Pacers to win 2, 3, or 4 games. If we don't, are you going to be on here all summer (and fall, and probably winter, hopefully not spring) talking about how much we suck and need to blow the team up?

The mood swings have been so drastic on here this year, I don't want anyone setting themselves up for disappointment.

Trust me is going to happen.

idioteque
04-11-2011, 06:06 PM
Bulls in 5. But I think it will be a pretty entertaining 5 game series and we'll give 'em hell at times.

OakMoses
04-11-2011, 06:19 PM
Bulls in 4. I'll consider it success if we're within single digits more than once.

shags
04-11-2011, 06:49 PM
Like I said in an earlier thread, I think the Bulls have some 08 Celtics in them, and the Pacers have some 08 Hawks in them. So it could be a real competitive series.

I'm picking Bulls in 5. I see no way the Pacers can win without a Derrick Rose injury.

Sookie
04-11-2011, 07:04 PM

Some will, of course some will. I'm interested in seeing who the scapegoat will be.

Truthfully, this is almost an impossible series to guess.
Chicago, although having some experience in the playoffs, has not been in this position before..particularly Rose. Which people are forgetting.

I don't know how our young guys will react, and what they are really made of. I have a feeling the playoffs will be a shock to them at first.

But my gut says 6, if I'm wrong and they get swept..so be it. We'll learn something about them..no matter what happens we will learn something about them.

ilive4sports
04-11-2011, 07:16 PM
Some will, of course some will. I'm interested in seeing who the scapegoat will be.

Truthfully, this is almost an impossible series to guess.
Chicago, although having some experience in the playoffs, has not been in this position before..particularly Rose. Which people are forgetting.

I don't know how our young guys will react, and what they are really made of. I have a feeling the playoffs will be a shock to them at first.

But my gut says 6, if I'm wrong and they get swept..so be it. We'll learn something about them..no matter what happens we will learn something about them.

Its going to be Danny. It has been since JOB got fired.

I'm saying Bulls in 5. They will win a game at home, a close one. I think there will be another close game that we have a chance at winning, but can't put it all together to win it.

cdash
04-11-2011, 07:17 PM
I have one prediction: Derrick Rose is going to put up monster numbers and be the bane of the Pacers' existence, at which point the masses around here will tear into DC for his poor defense even though a full season of MVP caliber play from Derrick Rose has shown that absolutely nobody can guard him.

ilive4sports
04-11-2011, 07:21 PM
I have one prediction: Derrick Rose is going to put up monster numbers and be the bane of the Pacers' existence, at which point the masses around here will tear into DC for his poor defense even though a full season of MVP caliber play from Derrick Rose has shown that absolutely nobody can guard him.

Oh yes, he will be another scape goat for sure. I can hear it now actually.

Sookie
04-11-2011, 07:23 PM

If DC is playing Rose the entire series, then the masses need to rip into Frank Vogel.

And I like Frank. I hope Frank gets serious consideration for the job..but PG, Dahntay, and Rush need to be defending Rose. If it's DC and AJ, then ripping into them is ridiculous. You can't rip into a guy for something he can't possibly do. Even if DC plays the best possible defense he can possibly play, he still won't be able to defend Rose.

Unless of course we're going with the "let Rose get his and worry about the rest of the team" method. Which then he might go with DC/AJ on Rose. Then, the series better be competitive, or Frank still needs to be questioned. (For no adjusting)

Heisenberg
04-11-2011, 07:26 PM
Oh yes, he will be another scape goat for sure. I can hear it now actually.
Nah, it'll be the refs. There'll probably be some truth to that though, a smidgen anyway.

pwee31
04-11-2011, 07:27 PM
I think Hansbrough heart gets us one game, Bulls in 5

xBulletproof
04-11-2011, 07:31 PM
Honestly, I'd like to see Paul George guarding Rose, and let Collison guard whoever their SG happens to be. Paul has the best chance of slowing him down at all.

If you're not going to give Paul the ball, at least make sure he has an important job and see how he responds in the playoffs.

LucasRL13
04-11-2011, 07:42 PM
Pacers in 6

pacer4ever
04-11-2011, 07:45 PM
Bulls in 3 lol

ilive4sports
04-11-2011, 07:47 PM
Honestly, I'd like to see Paul George guarding Rose, and let Collison guard whoever their SG happens to be. Paul has the best chance of slowing him down at all.

If you're not going to give Paul the ball, at least make sure he has an important job and see how he responds in the playoffs.

I am certainly intrigued by this thought. LeBron guards him when it matters most. I don't know if I would have Paul on him all game, but I would put him on Rose at times. One thing that worries me about it is that Paul has been quick to foul all season.

pacer4ever
04-11-2011, 07:53 PM

under over time it takes Paul to get 2 cheap fouls then cry to the ref? I say two mins.

Mono
04-11-2011, 07:55 PM
Bulls in 6.

D-BONE
04-11-2011, 08:00 PM
Bulls in 5.

TMJ31
04-11-2011, 08:06 PM

Nah...

I don't particularly feel that way now, and I won't if we lose this series.

We have the foundation of a very good basketball team. It's just a matter of developing team chemistry and gaining some experience for the young players... We are well on our way to accomplishing both of those tasks.

No need to blow up the beginnings of a great, young team.

With that being said, I think some trades / FA signings could really help that process move more quickly and efficiently.

Sookie
04-11-2011, 08:23 PM
under over time it takes Paul to get 2 cheap fouls then cry to the ref? I say two mins.

It doesn't matter if he does. We've got three guys(four if you include AJ..although I don't suggest it.) that can play the SG position. Let him try to guard Rose, and learn from it.

But I'd give him at least 3 minutes..

cinotimz
04-11-2011, 08:24 PM
Bulls in 4.

I think we are really going to struggle to score against the Bulls defense.

rabid
04-11-2011, 08:26 PM
Bulls in 4.

I really, really hope I'm wrong...

D-BONE
04-11-2011, 08:33 PM
If we win two games I'll consider that a huge victory developmentally. I'll be satisfied with one ( I said 4-1 Bulls), but I don't know that even that will be easily accomplished.

Evan_The_Dude
04-11-2011, 08:54 PM
I have a little faith in the Pacers. So I'll be the crazy one to say Pacers in 7. Yes I truly believe they can do it.

ilive4sports
04-11-2011, 09:06 PM
I have a little faith in the Pacers. So I'll be the crazy one to say Pacers in 7. Yes I truly believe they can do it.

Thats more than a little faith my friend, but I like the attitude.

Mr_Smith
04-11-2011, 09:11 PM
Bulls win series 4-1....The one win the pacers will get will be barely won.

ECKrueger
04-11-2011, 09:17 PM
Gotta agree with Bulls in 5. I think we can steal 1 but that is about it. They are a tough team.

15th parallel
04-11-2011, 09:42 PM
I'll say Pacers in 6. Fans are supposed to be "optimistic" you know! :D

Anyway, what I want in this series is 2 teams giving an intense, all-out basketball game. Not some lame series ala Cavs-Bobcats of last year. Inspiring performances from our guys can really bring fans back for sure, even if they eventually lose the series. With our young guys, I think this is possible.

The big pressure right now is on the Bulls, so I'll say that at some point they'll feel it and may falter. Hope I'm right... :)

Hicks
04-11-2011, 09:56 PM
By the way, does anyone else wish they'd make the first round best-of-5 again? Get it over with, and give the underdog more of a chance.

BringJackBack
04-11-2011, 09:58 PM

So true. Post of the century.

ilive4sports
04-11-2011, 10:51 PM
By the way, does anyone else wish they'd make the first round best-of-5 again? Get it over with, and give the underdog more of a chance.

What? You want to give the small market team a chance at beating the big guys? That is just a terrible idea

/What goes on in David Stern's mind

jeffg-body
04-11-2011, 10:51 PM
I see this going down to Bulls in 6.

Sookie
04-11-2011, 11:10 PM

I don't know if 5 games really helps the lower seed. One game would. But 5, I think the better team wins.

In our case, I think the seven games helps us. We've got a lot of young guys, and we're going to lose a game (or two) because the team is shell shocked. The more chances we get the better. :laugh:

Constellations
04-12-2011, 12:10 AM
Vision#1: I see Derrick Rose being the next MJ in a new Bulls/Pacers Rivalry like back in the day.

Vision #2: Just a bonus, I see Stoudamire and Carmelo being the new Pat Ewing and Starks in a new Knicks/Pacers rivalry.

Ps. I know Starks was 6"5 and a PG, but he has the Melo stache.

KingGeorge
04-12-2011, 02:20 AM

I like the idea, but that would cause the NBA to lose money. Plus, David Stern hates the underdog (a.k.a. small market teams).

I Love P
04-12-2011, 03:33 AM
Legler said Bulls in 5. He gave us a game, I'll take it.

Unclebuck
04-12-2011, 04:08 AM

I would not. However I would like to have the series end if either team gets ahead 3-0, just end it there. Won't ever happen

Dece
04-12-2011, 08:01 AM
Bulls in 4... we won't beat them in chicago, game 3 will be tight but we won't quite get it done and we'll no show game 4.

Shade
04-12-2011, 11:30 AM
I would not. However I would like to have the series end if either team gets ahead 3-0, just end it there. Won't ever happen

One of these days, someone will come back from a 3-0 deficit and win in 7.

Shade
04-12-2011, 11:31 AM
I'm waffling right now between 4 and 5 games.

If we win a game, I expect it to be Game 4.

xBulletproof
04-12-2011, 12:21 PM

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/000/848/980/51523364_display_image.jpg?1302477357

Shade
04-12-2011, 12:27 PM
http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/000/848/980/51523364_display_image.jpg?1302477357

Yeah, but in the NBA.

It's also happened in the NHL multiple times.

BPump33
04-12-2011, 12:50 PM
Pacers in 6. BPump told me this last night, and he's never steered me wrong before.

Haha, I did say that. Well, me or Mr. Bud Light. I think it was me.

Unclebuck
04-12-2011, 12:55 PM

not in our lifetime

PaceBalls
04-12-2011, 12:59 PM
Pacers in 6!

Danny averages 30/8/5
Collison averages 18/9
PG has two 25+ games but also plays solid D all series
Tyler beats the crap out of Boozer
Roy has 2 games of 3pts 1rb and 5fouls, the other 4 he goes off for 20/14/5

Pacers are heralded as the new dynasty of the decade.

idioteque
04-12-2011, 01:00 PM
not in our lifetime

Already happened in baseball like 6 years ago

Unclebuck
04-12-2011, 01:10 PM
Already happened in baseball like 6 years ago

NBA

RWB
04-12-2011, 01:52 PM
Bulls in 4 and the talk of Mike Brown as coach will pick up steam.

SMosley21
04-12-2011, 01:59 PM
Pacers in 6!

Danny averages 30/8/5
Collison averages 18/9

I see that one happening for sure. Boozer doesn't have the motor that Tyler does and isn't willing to get in the paint and bang.

Shade
04-12-2011, 02:02 PM
Pacers in 6!

Danny averages 30/8/5
Collison averages 18/9

Needs more green font.

And cowbell.

Trader Joe
04-12-2011, 02:04 PM
Bulls forfeit after losing game 1 by 40 points.

TheDon
04-12-2011, 07:23 PM
I'm going to go with Bulls in 6, a lot of people are basing it off playoff experience and the bulls aren't that much more experienced to where I think it gives them a clear edge. I agree that the matchups are there for them to exploit though so I still think they'll win. I'm kind of hoping that we're more competitive then some may think just because everybody expects us to lose anyways so we really have nothing to lose in this situation. I kind of think about it the same way in baseball when a team needs a big at bat in a very tense situation some coaches will throw a rookie out there because the rookie has less of a concept of the gravity of those situations sometimes it works out sometimes it doesn't.

NapTonius Monk
04-12-2011, 07:28 PM
Bulls in 5.

duke dynamite
04-12-2011, 07:29 PM
Pacers in 7 games.

imbtyler
04-12-2011, 07:31 PM
I really just went with 5 because I really want to see a playoff win in person.

The last playoff game I was at was the Tayshaun block in '04. It still gives me nightmares.

Dunk it Reggie!

I need something to purge that image.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="510" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/6z-AQ34jJt0?hd=1" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

There is so much good about that clip. Hope it does the job.

As far as playoffs go, my serious prediction is Pacers in 6. I have a lot of faith in this team, especially going into the postseason, and I think that, despite Derrick Rose's existence, we have a chance at being one of the the best upsets in NBA history. The storyline itself is one for the ages.

ksuttonjr76
04-12-2011, 08:38 PM
IF the Bulls have the killer instinct to finish us off quickly, then I predict the Bulls in 5.

IF the Bulls DON'T finish us off quickly, then I predict the Pacers in 7. Our team is VERY dangerous if their confidence is allowed to grow.

Exile on Pennsylvania
04-12-2011, 09:03 PM
Bulls in five. Hope I'm wrong (well, meaning that the series goes longer, not shorter).

Scot Pollard
04-12-2011, 09:45 PM
Now if we win this series. FORGET ABOUT IT!

People will be running around Monument Circle painting this city blue and gold. 18,165 people at every Pacers home game next season.

Who knows? Anything can happen in the playoffs. Maybe the Pacers will be on ball and Roy will play like a big center from the beginning of the season and Darren finishing with double-doubles in every game.