PDA

View Full Version : Watching game tape from last year...

Anthem
10-03-2004, 09:35 PM
So I was cleaning out my hard drive, and I found the an MPEG of the second half of last year's 1st Pacers/Nets game.

I watched the whole stinking thing, I'm so hungry for basketball. Coupla things I noticed, though:

1. The offense looks terrible without Tinsley. Kenny and AJ took all of the minutes in this game, and while Kenny was better than he showed in the postseason, the offense just doesn't flow with him in the game. The offense wasn't pretty with AJ either, but this was before his ab strain, so at least his pesonal offense was ok.

2. Jermaine looked like crap. He put up a decent line, but he was just lethargic. I'm so glad he got the summer off. Interestingly, Jermaine had been telling the announcing staff how much he disliked the offense. We remember that Artest complained about it, but I'd forgotten how Jermaine and (I believe) Al did as well.

3. Pollard looked terrible. Big surprise here.

4. Bender and Siggy looked good on the bench.

If anybody wants this, I could upload it... it's 3.5 gigs. :laugh:

Nice to watch basketball again. I thought I remembered Indy winning this game, but I couldn't for the life of me remember most of the plays, so it was almost like watching a live game.

Hicks
10-03-2004, 10:20 PM
Do you have decent upload speed? If so, try to get it on able's ftp server (ask him for details), I'm bored and would watch it. :laugh: Seriously, I would like to see it.

sweabs
10-03-2004, 10:27 PM
I would watch it as well...I am eagerly awaiting the start of this season - I can't keep watching WNBA!!! :laugh:

Kegboy
10-03-2004, 10:51 PM
I would watch it as well...I am eagerly awaiting the start of this season - I can't keep watching WNBA!!! :laugh:

Yeah, now that Becky Hammon's out of it, what's the point anymore. :(

skyfire
10-04-2004, 12:57 AM
if you could convert it to DivX it would reduce the size of the file considerably. then uploading it would be a more sensible option. but I also would like to see it.

Anthem
10-04-2004, 01:30 AM
You'll have to help me then... I haven't encoded to DivX in a while, and they've commercialized it quite a bit since then...

What's the best program to convert mpeg-2 to DivX?

able
10-04-2004, 04:34 AM
there's a lot out there, let hicks enlighten you :)

if need be i can help, but i have little time, as the file is, it is to big, I would have to put it on another server, something i will do with all downloads for this site soon anyway, to preserve space on the current machine and to prevent me from buying very expensive hotswap scsi disks :)

Hicks
10-04-2004, 08:43 AM
I use Dr.Divx to convert videos to divx. Usually works very well.