PDA

View Full Version : Granger getting more smashmouth for playoffs

HoopMoney
04-09-2011, 12:46 PM
Granger getting more smashmouth for playoffs

"I'm just trying to get high-percentage shots and not always shooting jump shots. I'm looking to attack the rim more, get to the line more. That increases your efficiency," said Granger. "We're stuck in the eighth spot but if we can get these last two wins we can go to the playoffs with some momentum. I'm looking to be ultra aggressive, honestly just to carry over to the playoffs. We put emphasis on our sharing, making the extra pass, passing up decent shots for better shots. The offensive system that we execute now puts us in position to do that. We are more efficient that way and score a lot of points."

Granger and the rest of the Pacers have bought in to coach Vogel's smashmouth fundamental style of play. They are starting to get hot at the right time. Things are clicking and falling into place for the playoff push.

An aggressive Danny trying to go to the hoop more is exactly what the Pacers need from their captain. In the last two games he has averaged 10 free throw attempts. In the previous five games he averaged 4.4 ft attempts, for the season he has averaged 6 attempts. It's good to hear that Danny is making an effort to be more efficient and not always shooting jump shots. His field goal percentage has fell the last couple years from 45% to 43%.

It's nice to see the change from the previous regime's gimmick plays to solid principles that can be sustained. I love hearing that they have put an emphasis on being more efficient by sharing the ball, making the extra pass and getting the best shot they can. It looks like coach Vogel's positive attitude and patience has jelled this team at the perfect time. We have seen the maturation process bloom right in front of our eyes.

We have the hated Knicks from New York coming in here Sunday for the last regular season home game. Amare have been hurt lately and may not play so they will not be at full strength, much like the Hawks without Josh Smith. This gives us a perfect opportunity to continue our playoff push and build the confidence moving forward. Go Pacers!

Fellow Area 55ers & PTOers, HoopMoney droppin knowledge. Oww!

redfoster
04-09-2011, 08:02 PM
I hope he can keep it up. Gives our team a whole new feel when he is getting to the basket and to the free throw line. Keep it going Danny!

Also, I agree we have a great chance to take down NYK, with or without Amare. I think they might sit Amare out just so he doesn't have to bang around with Tyler, honestly. He is scared.

And of course, thanks to Hoop Money for always dropping some knowledge on us.

CircleCity3318
04-09-2011, 09:54 PM
I wish he had that mentality for EVERY game

daschysta
04-09-2011, 11:01 PM
Reggie would kick his game into another level once the playoffs came around. It's a long season :cool:

Anthem
04-09-2011, 11:28 PM
You guys need to go back and look up Reggie's stats.

http://www.nba.com/playerfile/reggie_miller/career_stats.html

At 6 per game, Danny's putting up more free throws than Reggie did in 97-98 or any season after.

Pacers4Life
04-09-2011, 11:45 PM
Who's hoop money and why do I care if he's dropping knowledge on me?

All I know is that we live&die with DG.. X20 come playoff time. He has to be as coldblooded as Psycho T and as aggressive offensively and defensively as Dahntay Jones.

Throw in a clutch factor and we may have ourselves a real gamer here. Please show up Danny.. It's been a loooong 5 years.. Let's try not to get ousted in embarrassing fashion

ilive4sports
04-10-2011, 12:14 AM

At 6 per game, Danny's putting up more free throws than Reggie did in 97-98 or any season after.

Since Vogel took over, Danny has been in the top 10 in FTA's in the league too.

daschysta
04-10-2011, 12:52 AM
I just want all star danny back, the one that had a legit argument for top 15-20 in the NBA

CableKC
04-10-2011, 02:20 AM
I just want all star danny back, the one that had a legit argument for top 15-20 in the NBA
I'd settle for the version of Granger that plays defense and drives to the hoop more often.

LetsTalkPacers
04-10-2011, 02:41 AM

Don't hate just because his knowledge dropping is too much for you to handle. All I'm saying is he doesn't always drink beer, but when he does he prefers Dos Equis XX #themostinterestingmanintheworld

Day-V
04-10-2011, 02:51 AM

If we're going down that route, then who the **** are you?

Shade
04-10-2011, 07:40 AM
...we'll see.

Shade
04-10-2011, 07:41 AM

http://i1181.photobucket.com/albums/x429/Shade_20x6/juggernaut.jpg
http://loyalkng.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/juggernaut-%3Cb%3Eb%3C/b%3Eitch.jpg

Shade
04-10-2011, 07:49 AM

http://shotymeapparel.files.wordpress.com/2009/11/ai_plain.jpg

Anthem
04-10-2011, 08:00 AM

I wanna go back to this, because I thnk it's important. Danny's been getting a lot of crap for not being a "Batman" recently, but as far as regular season performances he's better than Reggie.

HeliumFear
04-10-2011, 09:12 AM
Danny has been posting up. Posting up. He's looked good at it,too. If he keeps switching it up,he can really keep even a playoff defense on its heels with his versatility.

Drewtone
04-10-2011, 09:34 AM
Hey, look at it this way. I prefer Danny being smashmouth than 'sufficient'.

Trader Joe
04-10-2011, 03:16 PM
Danny's recent success in the post up game is the most interesting development to me. He has the length and the touch to really create some problems down there.

daschysta
04-10-2011, 04:11 PM
Yeah, I really hope danny keeps the post up as a key part to his game, he's actually not bad at all at finding roy or a cutting player for easy hoops down there and it does wonders for his rebounding too. In the long run it will help his longevity too, kobe's stayed so effective for so long partially because he developed his post up game so well the last couple of years.

Pacers4Life
04-10-2011, 07:31 PM

Shame on you dawg.. I've met you personally after we gotnour asses beat by the PFO team.. I'm a nobody but I know my place that's for sure

PR07
04-10-2011, 07:54 PM
He'll probably have a good defender on him in Ronnie Brewer for a lot of the time, so it won't come easy against the Bulls.

D-BONE
04-10-2011, 10:54 PM
This is good news as long as Danny actually gets to the rim. That won't happen if he doesn't have more awareness of the double team tonight against NYK. Also when he's just pounding with his head down not really making progress while others are open or in a position to rotate the ball to the weak side if he'd send it out at the right time.