PDA

View Full Version : Want: ticket to Magic - 4/13

imbtyler
04-08-2011, 01:11 PM
Living in Orlando, I've been waiting for this game all season, as it's our only away game vs. the Magic. Unfortunately, I'm at a loss as far as getting my own tickets, so I was wondering if any here who had such power/privileges/luck to have a ticket to the 4/13 Magic game, but couldn't go, would be willing to relinquish said ticket unto me.

It's a stretch, but worth a try, imo. The people on the "official Magic forum" are only selling their tickets, and that doesn't help me any more than StubHub and Ticketmaster do.

Thanks in advance (or for trying).

Spirit
04-08-2011, 01:15 PM
Maybe you could ask a friend or family member to get them for you, have you tried that?

Trader Joe
04-08-2011, 01:18 PM
If you were waiting for the game all season why are you just now trying to get tickets?

Spirit
04-08-2011, 01:24 PM
If you were waiting for the game all season why are you just now trying to get tickets?
Maybe he doesn't make the money to get them? Don't question why he hasn't got them. If you're going to post, make it helpful, not judgmental.

imbtyler
04-08-2011, 01:33 PM
Maybe you could ask a friend or family member to get them for you, have you tried that?

My friends are just as endowed as I am when it comes to finances, and even less basketball fans. My family is just about the same. Trust me, I've tried, but with less than a week left, I highly doubt there will be any resolution from those fronts.

CO is basically right. I have no form of income, so I just had to sit and wait and ask, etc. I really didn't want it to come to this beggar form of requests, but I figured it was worth a try. I don't think a long and lengthy story as to why the game is so absolutely important to me is necessary, though one definitely exists.

I just thought I'd ask. Didn't want to start problems.

Trader Joe
04-08-2011, 01:53 PM
Not a problem, and it came off more assholeish than I intended.

BillS
04-08-2011, 01:56 PM
I just thought I'd ask. Didn't want to start problems.

There's never any harm in asking, what's the worst that can happen?

Deadshot
04-08-2011, 01:58 PM
Couldn't hurt to try and make a low offer on this single ticket. There is already one offer shown though, so I wouldn't make it too low:

http://cgi.ebay.com/1-Ticket-Orlando-Magic-Pacers-4-13-11-Amway-Center-Sec-/290463607255?pt=US_Tickets_all_in_one&hash=item43a0fae9d7#ht_3072wt_907

BPump33
04-08-2011, 02:06 PM
Not a problem, and it came off more assholeish than I intended.

I just took it as, "Why didn't you ask us sooner so we'd have more time to help" or something along those lines. I guess I could see why it wasn't taken that way.

tfarks
04-08-2011, 02:09 PM
If you want into that game you can get into that game. Just a small amount of options:

1.) Sell your plasma
2.) Find a group of people who had a friend unable to make the game, be Johnny on the Spot and tell them to give you that ticket
3.) Annoy a scalper by talking incessantly about the rising prices of corn nuts until he gives you a single in the balcony to leave him alone

tfarks
04-08-2011, 02:57 PM
Or you could have posted your PayPal account and gotten everyone to chip in by telling us how amazing we must be in person.

BPump33
04-08-2011, 03:04 PM
How do you plan on getting to Indiana, or have you made it already?

The game is in Orlando.

imbtyler
04-08-2011, 03:04 PM
If you want into that game you can get into that game. Just a small amount of options:

1.) Sell your plasma
2.) Find a group of people who had a friend unable to make the game, be Johnny on the Spot and tell them to give you that ticket
3.) Annoy a scalper by talking incessantly about the rising prices of corn nuts until he gives you a single in the balcony to leave him alone

1. Been there, done that. The distance to the nearest plasma center would deplete the money I would have earned, solely on gasoline purchase.
2. Finding that group of people would be a little more difficult than I anticipate being able to handle.
3. I don't think I want to **** off someone with plenty more customers in such a place as downtown Orlando.

Or you could have posted your PayPal account and gotten everyone to chip in by telling us how amazing we must be in person.

-ahem- btylermargison@gmail.com
:D

Thanks for your suggestions. I'll be working on those solutions and others.

duke dynamite
04-08-2011, 03:06 PM
The game is in Orlando.
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_BtkHuj4UBgs/SerFukyEaUI/AAAAAAAAAi4/AiaZVLTCJ-4/s400/D%27oh.jpg

I keep thinking Sunday is the end of the season for good, not just the home finale and we played Orlando and not New York.

smj887
04-08-2011, 03:16 PM
Are you just wanting ANY ticket or are you wanting a certain level? JW because Stubhub has them starting at $18.

BRushWithDeath
04-08-2011, 03:18 PM
Don't buy any yet. I may be able to help you out. Give me a day or two.

duke dynamite
04-08-2011, 03:20 PM
Are you just wanting ANY ticket or are you wanting a certain level? JW because Stubhub has them starting at $18.
I got the impression that he wants to go for free.

imbtyler
04-08-2011, 03:23 PM

I'm not ungrateful. All I care about is seeing them play once more this season. In a perfect world, I'd love to be able to give all the guys high-fives at the end of the game. But I'd be happy with anything.

imbtyler
04-08-2011, 03:24 PM

Trust me, I won't be making any purchases any time soon. Thanks.

vapacersfan
04-08-2011, 03:34 PM
Stubhub is normally a good bet, but [as you are well aware of, I am sure] just know prices are outrageous the last 2 or 3 years for magic games.

Good luck!

smj887
04-09-2011, 01:22 AM
I got the impression that he wants to go for free.

I was asking more with regards to the donation idea. If front row of the balcony is cool, then it only takes 4 or 5 PD'ers donating $5. If he's trying to score lower level tickets or has some other reason to not want to sit in the balcony, then it becomes considerably harder. Obviously I can't imagine someone asking for help getting a ticket then being disappointed with balcony, but maybe he's got to drive a long way and the cost of gas makes it prohibitive to go or something.

Professor S
04-09-2011, 09:30 AM

If BRush can't come up with a ticket I'm willing to chip in a few bucks to help buy him a balcony seat - there are even a few lower level seats in the $40-60 range. A few of us chip in $5-$10 and we could send a Pacers fan to the game!

Flibertygibits
04-09-2011, 11:58 AM
If BRush can't come up with a ticket I'm willing to chip in a few bucks to help buy him a balcony seat - there are even a few lower level seats in the $40-60 range. A few of us chip in $5-$10 and we could send a Pacers fan to the game!

I'm more than willing to chip in some money for a ticket!

imbtyler
04-09-2011, 12:17 PM
You guys are all incredibly kind. I think the easiest way to do this would be through a ChipIn account, rather than several "donations" to my PayPal, or however.

http://btyler.chipin.com/pacers-vs-magic-413

If you can help, I greatly appreciate it. If you cannot, I will still cherish you as a fellow Pacers fan. Thanks to anyone who can help. Your contribution means more than you can imagine.

Deadshot
04-09-2011, 12:28 PM
For next season, I would suggest maybe trying to put back a dollar or two every week. You might even find yourself in a lower level seat in doing so - I've sat in both levels at the new Amway and while the upper level isn't horrible, the lower was definitely better. I felt like the upper level was right above the court - probably the steepest arena I've been to yet. The Pacers typically play at least 2 games a season in Orlando. The first is normally around the week of Thanksgiving (although this year it wasn't) and then the second comes later in the season. This should give you some type of outline to plan accordingly. Good luck!