PDA

View Full Version : Pacers have installed principles

HoopMoney
04-08-2011, 04:31 AM
Pacers have installed principles

"They (coaching staff) made our offense more sufficient. They've installed principles that with the given amount of time we had we've done pretty well picking them up." -Danny Granger

The Pacers were giving a day off practice last Saturday before the Hornets game. In New Orleans they continued their string of slow starts by only scoring 21 points in the first quarter. I had enough of that trend so I wrote an article called 'Slow starts need to stop now!' It worked!

I want to thank Mark Boyle, Chris Denari, Conrad Brunner, Stacy Paetz, Mike Wells and the Pacers front office for apparently reading my article. I'm only half kidding.

The Pacers practiced in Hinkle the day before the Wizards game. Coach Frank Vogel must have got fed up with the slow starts. He must have got fed up with answering questions about it so he did something about it. He installed offensive principles to make it more sufficient. Yes!

The Pacers score 43 points in the first quarter and go on to score 136 for the game. The shot selection was good and it showed with them hitting 60% from the field. The movement and passing was good with 62% of field goals assisted. They also were unselfish with the shot distribution. Granger 15 shots, George 15, Hansbrough 13, Collison 11, Hibbert 10, Dunleavy 8 & McRoberts 8.

For the Pacers to be successful in these last few games and in the playoffs, they must abide by the new principles coach Vogel has set down. Out is the old style of jack it up whenever you can. In is smash mouth basketball with fundamentals that Indiana fans can appreciate.

Fellow Area 55ers and PTOers, HoopMoney droppin knowledge. Oww!

Larry Staverman
04-08-2011, 08:42 AM
Pacers have installed principles

The Pacers score 43 points in the first quarter and go on to score 136 for the game. The shot selection was good and it showed with them hitting 60% from the field. The movement and passing was good with 62% of field goals assisted. They also were unselfish with the shot distribution. Granger 15 shots, George 15, Hansbrough 13, Collison 11, Hibbert 10, Dunleavy 8 & McRoberts 8.

It also didn't hurt that the Wizzards were playing the Troy Murphy defensive scheme!

BRushWithDeath
04-08-2011, 09:09 AM
It also didn't hurt that the Wizzards were playing the Troy Murphy defensive scheme!

And that is being hard on Troy Murphy.

He'd at least fake it every once in awhile.

vnzla81
04-08-2011, 09:16 AM
And that is being hard on Troy Murphy.

He'd at least fake it every once in awhile.

:twss:

HoopMoney
04-08-2011, 09:17 AM

Our defense wasn't great either. We allowed 112 for that game. Coach Vogel had been concentrating lately on weak side rotations and our point guards pressuring the ball but it didn't show in the last game.

HoopMoney
04-08-2011, 10:06 AM
A good test to the Pacers new principles is coming tonight in the form of the Hawks. We have lost the last 9 games to them. In the last two seasons we have got beat by 10 points or more.

Anthem
04-08-2011, 10:52 AM
I'm not sure what "sufficient" means in this context.

"Succinct," maybe?

binarysolo
04-08-2011, 11:04 AM

"Succinct," maybe?

I imagine he was going for "efficient"

imawhat
04-08-2011, 11:10 AM

"Succinct," maybe?

He would've learned at Yale.

HoopMoney
04-08-2011, 11:10 AM

Maybe effective or efficient would have been a better choice of words.

PacerGuy
04-08-2011, 11:25 AM
I don't know about needing "Principles" now, but when Ron-Ron was here, we needed "Hall Monitors"!

LetsTalkPacers
04-08-2011, 11:28 AM
Wow Marcus when your sober, your a basketball guru. Haha, just kidding Oww!

HoopMoney
04-08-2011, 11:32 AM
A good test to the Pacers new principals is coming tonight in the form of the Hawks. We have lost the last 9 games to them. In the last two seasons we have got beat by 10 points or more.

The Las Vegas odds makers have the Pacers favored by 6 points against the Hawks tonight. The moneyline is -260/+220. They are overrating us.

Justin Tyme
04-08-2011, 12:57 PM
It must be spring and schools have let out early!

HoopMoney
04-09-2011, 12:44 PM
It must be spring and schools have let out early!

Droppin knowledge for the kids for 25+ years. U betta recognize. Oww!