PDA

View Full Version : Mike Wells: S. Jones, Lancelot to get time

imbtyler
04-07-2011, 04:02 PM
"Vogel doesn't plan to sit players, but he will limit their minutes so players like Solomon Jones and Stephenson get some playing time"

http://twitter.com/#!/MikeWellsNBA/statuses/56063610140635137

"Vogel said they're not the 14-0 Colts when it comes to resting players."

http://twitter.com/#!/MikeWellsNBA/status/56068096175251456

Sounds like the last few games of the regular season will give Solo and Lance some free range. Now that we've clinched, just rest the good guys, give the suits some last few minutes on the team before they're gone (hopefully not Lance).

Or something similar. Any other ideas on Vogel's intentions?

naptownmenace
04-07-2011, 05:30 PM
From everything I've read, the Hawks, Knicks, and Magic will all start resting their stars as well.

Since the Pacers bench is pretty good, they could still win 2 or all 3 of their remaining games. It would be nice to have a win over Atlanta because they've owned the Pacers the past 2 seasons and to win against the Knicks just because they are the Knicks.

They should just rest Danny and Roy for the season finale against Orlando. There's nothing to gain by winning that game. It will be a complete exhibition game.

SMosley21
04-07-2011, 05:30 PM
I am all for resting the guys who play major minutes but not to the point that they get cold and lose their edge. Maybe cut all of the starters minutes down to no more than 25 minutes per game.

xIndyFan
04-07-2011, 05:31 PM
like to see lance get plenty of playing time these last 3 games. :thumbsup:

KingGeorge
04-07-2011, 05:40 PM
I agree with this decision. I don't think our starters should see more than 20-25 minutes a game.

Maybe we should let Paul George play a few more minutes since he was finally playing with some confidence against the Wiz. Not sure though.

vnzla81
04-07-2011, 05:58 PM
Let's hope our players don't get mad because Lance is playing, I don't want them to get sensitive before the playoffs.

90'sNBARocked
04-07-2011, 06:00 PM
For the next 3 games I would mix and match

xBulletproof
04-07-2011, 06:07 PM
I'm pretty shocked. We aren't expected to win in the playoffs and Vogel is fighting to keep his job. Going 6 games over .500 in the regular season would look good on that resume. We're not beating Chicago anyway. Guess he's hoping to win 2 games and keep the rest close so it's a respectable playoff loss.

Mackey_Rose
04-08-2011, 07:48 AM
I'm pretty shocked. We aren't expected to win in the playoffs and Vogel is fighting to keep his job. Going 6 games over .500 in the regular season would look good on that resume. We're not beating Chicago anyway. Guess he's hoping to win 2 games and keep the rest close so it's a respectable playoff loss.

Or maybe he thinks the best way to fight for his job is to do what's best for the franchise as a whole, and not himself as an individual.

Wouldn't that have been nice to have the last 3 years?

Trophy
04-08-2011, 08:06 AM
At this point, I'd only play the players who are playing in the playoffs and those who are playing with each other.

Limit the starters/veterans minutes, but don't activate and play guys in the rotation who won't be playing in the postseason.