PDA

View Full Version : The Playoff Tickets Thread

tfarks
04-07-2011, 09:56 AM
Now that the initial shock and awe is over, its time for us to fill Conseco Fieldhouse in support of our Pacers. As you all know Chicago is pretty close, especially when you consider Northern Indiana is half Chicago. We cannot have our home team seeing a sea of red in their 1st trip to the playoffs for this team in 5 years.

Tickets go on sale today (4/7/11) at Noon, which leaves little time for the pre-sale access to Indiana residents only. Link below will get you that access if you haven't already:

http://www.nba.com/pacers/news/pacers_playoffs_landing_2011.html

Let's hear where you guys are sitting, if you've ever been to a playoff game in Conseco. Do you remember the last time you were there because it was what, 10-20 years ago? All I could afford was balcony tickets but I'll yell as loud as I can!

GO PACERS!

Unclebuck
04-07-2011, 10:00 AM
Tickets for those outside of Indiana don't go on sale until Sunday

Trader Joe
04-07-2011, 10:03 AM
Already got mine via my season tix.

tfarks
04-07-2011, 10:11 AM
Tickets for those outside of Indiana don't go on sale until Sunday

Yes there's a 72 hour window. But the pre-sale access does end at noon today. After that the pickings will become more slim. And though you can profit if you resale your tickets to a Bulls fan you must perish if you choose that path.

Swish
04-07-2011, 10:13 AM
My last playoff Pacer game was Game 1 of the 2004 Eastern Conference Finals vs. Detroit. Epic game to be there for.

ndcoltsnpacers
04-07-2011, 10:23 AM
Out of curiosity does anyone know how it's going so far? I've definitely got mine.

tfarks
04-07-2011, 10:41 AM
There are a lot of tickets left as of now. From what I've seen you can get something from every section. Hopefully that starts to change over the next couple of days.

BoomBaby33
04-07-2011, 10:49 AM
Is the first round a best of 5 or best of 7? Then, would it be a 2-3-2 or 2-2-2-1 or 2-2-1 format?

Mackey_Rose
04-07-2011, 10:50 AM
I know nothing is set in stone, but does anyone know where I can find a rough idea of the schedule?

Swish
04-07-2011, 10:54 AM
Is the first round a best of 5 or best of 7? Then, would it be a 2-3-2 or 2-2-2-1 or 2-2-1 format?

Best of 7; 2-2-1-1-1

graphic-er
04-07-2011, 10:56 AM
We've been on the the phone trying to get our tickets upgraded. They stuck us up in the balcony and the middle of a row 3. Thats not happening. Row 3 has those black bars, and my knees always hit them. Worst seats in the balcony. Wanting to upgrade to section 2 or 19 in the fanzone.

Unclebuck
04-07-2011, 10:57 AM
I know nothing is set in stone, but does anyone know where I can find a rough idea of the schedule?

For the pacers vs Bulls or the whole first round?

I do know some of the first round. One trick is to see if there are any events already scheduled at Conseco or the United Center.

The first game of the series (for all series) will be Sat 4/16 or Sun. 4/17. There are 4 games on Sat and 4 games on Sunday.

Then game two of each series are played over Monday, Tuesday or Wed.

Game #3 of each series can either be Thurs, Fri, or Saturday - there are usually 2 game #3's on Saturday and 2 game #4 on Saturday.

Game #4 can be Saturday Sunday or Monday.

Then they bunch the games up - theory being that several series end in 4 or 5 games. But they schedule 4 games a night starting with game #5.

Game #5 - Tuesday and Wednesday

Game #6 - Thursday and Friday

game #7 Sat. and Sunday.

Let me check something

Kester had this in a thread from last night

Some info from Wikipedia on playoff schedule, and TV coverage:

Postseason

The 2011 NBA Playoffs will begin on Saturday April 16, and will conclude on Monday May 30 (latest possible date for the Eastern Conference Finals). The NBA Finals will begin no later than Thursday June 2, and end no later than Thursday June 16 (unless both conference finals end in either four or five games, which would push the Finals start date to Tuesday May 31). ESPN will begin their playoff broadcast on April 16, and will continue every Friday and Saturday thereafter, with the Sunday-Thursday schedule reserved for TNT and NBA TV. ABC will continue broadcasting early-round playoff coverage every Sunday afternoon, with select Saturday afternoon broadcasts. The first round playoff coverage will be non-exclusive except for ABC-covered games, in which local sports networks (e.g. Fox Sports Net, Comcast SportsNet) may still air the game in their home market. TNT will air the Eastern Conference Finals while ESPN will air the Western Conference Finals. The NBA Finals will be shown on ABC. Nationwide radio coverage will be on ESPN Radio for select playoff games, the entire Conference Finals and NBA Finals.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010%E2%80%9311_NBA_season (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010%E2%80%9311_NBA_season)

Reggie4Three
04-07-2011, 12:06 PM
I'd love to grab some tickets and be there but I live/work in South Bend and can only go on a weekend (Friday night-Sunday games) and I'm unsure on how the schedule will work. I'd hate to get Game 3 tickets and have it be on Thursday or Game 4 tickets and have it be the following Monday. Is either game guaranteed to fall on the weekend?

mattie
04-07-2011, 12:09 PM
http://img705.imageshack.us/img705/1833/screenshotje.png

Ordered mine!!!

mattie
04-07-2011, 12:10 PM
Nosebleed! I'm broke! lol

Trader Joe
04-07-2011, 12:22 PM
Looks like we'll probably get game 3 Thursday and game 4 Saturday if I were to guess especially with travel time between Chicago and Indy being small.

Game 1 Sunday, Game 2 Tuesday, Game 3 Thursday, Game 4 Saturday. If we had a 2 day break for travel could see us being Friday and Sunday too.

tfarks
04-07-2011, 12:25 PM
Nosebleed! I'm broke! lol

I hear ya. Not that its good to ever be broke, but I still picked a bad time to be broke. Bills + expensive trip to Chicago last weekend = balcony seats.

CableKC
04-07-2011, 12:37 PM
What are the specific dates for game 3 and 4?

Phree Refill
04-07-2011, 12:42 PM
Game 4. section 3, row 8. Closest to the tunnel the players come out of. Should be sitting across the tunnel from Larry. I'm pumped. I've never been to a playoff game and I hope there are hardly any tickets left for the Chicago fans come Sunday.

I Love P
04-07-2011, 12:48 PM
Is game 1 Saturday or Sunday. Praying for Saturday.

spazzxb
04-07-2011, 12:59 PM
Out of curiosity does anyone know how it's going so far? I've definitely got mine.

I am on a layover traveling on vacation but just had my sister(in Indy) grab me a pair about 30 rows back in section 2 for game 3. Glad they clinched it last night since I won't see a game for the next week.

Unclebuck
04-07-2011, 01:19 PM
Looks like we'll probably get game 3 Thursday and game 4 Saturday if I were to guess especially with travel time between Chicago and Indy being small.

Game 1 Sunday, Game 2 Tuesday, Game 3 Thursday, Game 4 Saturday. If we had a 2 day break for travel could see us being Friday and Sunday too.

it has nothing to do with that. it has everything to do with two things: Arena availability and TV. So if you really want to poredict when the games might be, look to see if there are any evnets scheduled at Conseco or United Center. (are Blackhawks in the NHL playoffs, is the schedule for that set? are there any concerts at either venue, anything else scheduled.

Unclebuck
04-07-2011, 01:19 PM
What are the specific dates for game 3 and 4?

did you read my above post?

Unclebuck
04-07-2011, 01:28 PM
OK, I did a little research and according to this website, the Bulls first two playoff games are Saturday and Monday. It indicates 7 PM for both and that is possible, but I would put very little weight in the times listed. But I would say the dates are probably pretty accurate. I mean there is a 50/50 chance the first game is on Saturday and if the first game is Saturday there is a decent chance the second game is on Monday. So I would say this is what it will be - subject to change of course.

Assuming that is correct, that would mean the Pacers first home game will probably be Thursday night and if that is so, then I would guess the second home game would be Saturday, although Sunday is still possible.

http://eventful.com/chicago/venues/united-center-/V0-001-000445546-5

rock747
04-07-2011, 01:28 PM
Purchased my tickets for game 3. Hoping for a Friday or Saturday night game! Last playoff game I attended was on the Pacers run to the finals in 2000. It was the series against the Bucks.

BillS
04-07-2011, 01:42 PM
Do they try to skip Easter for games?

Naptown_Seth
04-07-2011, 01:44 PM
Man, out of town on SAT, in town THR and FRI.

UB makes a good case but I'm worried about putting cash into tix I can't use. Just my luck.

Doddage
04-07-2011, 01:44 PM
When does the playoff schedule typically get released? Once the seeds are set in stone?

Unclebuck
04-07-2011, 01:45 PM
Do they try to skip Easter for games?

Nope.

I suppose they could put 5 games on Saturday and only 3 on Easter Sunday , or maybe even throw another game on Monday and maybe only play 2 on Sunday - that is within the realm of possibility. But really they would only do that if TV asked for it (which they won't) or if the arenas won't be available which they will be.

So to answer your question no, there will be a full slate of games on Easter Sunday

I do know though they will not start any games before noon Sunday in the local market.

Unclebuck
04-07-2011, 01:47 PM
When does the playoff schedule typically get released? Once the seeds are set in stone?

Wednesday night as the games end. Although teams often find out when the first two games are. For example the Bulls might very well know right now that they open on Saturday and then play Monday night. (They can set that up even before they know who their opponent is

BillS
04-07-2011, 01:56 PM
Looking at my schedule, I can almost guarantee Game 4 will be Saturday 23rd, as it is the ONLY day on which I have a previous commitment.

Professor S
04-07-2011, 02:04 PM
Looking at my schedule, I can almost guarantee Game 4 will be Saturday 23rd, as it is the ONLY day on which I have a previous commitment.

I have a similar conundrum. I have a prior commitment on the Thursday the 21st and will be out of town (in Chicago no less!). Already purchased tickets for Games 3 and 4 so I hope that it works out!

graphic-er
04-07-2011, 02:46 PM
Alright, I think we just secured Section 2 Row 28 for our tickets. Nice, thats first row in that section. Nobody to block my view.

RWB
04-07-2011, 02:48 PM
Game 3, section 2 row 33. Get ready for the Bulls invasion because as pointed out tickets may be limited to Indiana residents first, but how many northern Indiana Bulls fans are getting in on the INDIANA pre-sale??

Edit....Last playoff series attended was of course the Nets and the great AJohnson coach or culture debate.

rel
04-07-2011, 02:49 PM
omg...ahhhhhh...just got tix. Section 5 Row 12

GO PACERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Trader Joe
04-07-2011, 02:55 PM
I didn't even think about Easter.

Naptown_Seth
04-07-2011, 03:26 PM
Tough for you, good for me. I 100% can't do game 4, there is just no chance. But if Game 3 were to drag to SAT I'm totally F-bombed since I decided to "go for it" if you will, meaning go big or go home.

<fret><worry>
:pray:

I blame the Pacers. You can't train me to think that I'll be free for half of April and all of May and then take that away from me at the last second.
</worry></fret>

Unclebuck
04-07-2011, 03:28 PM
Tough for you, good for me. I 100% can't do game 4, there is just no chance. But if Game 3 were to drag to SAT I'm totally F-bombed since I decided to "go for it" if you will, meaning go big or go home.

<FRET><WORRY>
:pray:

I am betting you'll be safe that game #3 will not be Saturday. I expect the Bulls vs pacers to be on the earlier track.

Naptown_Seth
04-07-2011, 03:33 PM
I am betting you'll be safe that game #3 will not be Saturday. I expect the Bulls vs pacers to be on the earlier track.
Let's just say I put down a healthy wager on that bet too.

But given your history of bets I don't know if I should be betting with you. ;)

One good thing is that it seems like Stern and the NBA finally realized that trying to avoid any overlaps was just stupid. Half of what makes the NCAA tourney so great is that there is action going on all over the place at the same time, and frankly ditto on NFL Sundays.

5-6 years ago we would easily have 4 off days from games 2 to 3.

Hicks
04-07-2011, 03:49 PM
Hell, with my schedule, I'm just hoping I don't have to watch many of these games on Tivo-delay. :(

Mackey_Rose
04-07-2011, 04:04 PM
I've been accused (not wrongly) of being someone of a pessimist and a wet blanket, but seriously just thinking about getting to watch the Pacers in the playoffs has me way more excited than I thought I would be.

I wish they'd just call the rest of the season and start it tomorrow.

http://images1.memegenerator.net/ImageMacro/6825120/CANT-WAIT.jpg?imageSize=Medium&generatorName=Bart-Scott

CableKC
04-07-2011, 04:48 PM
did you read my above post?
Obviously not..... :blush:

Trophy
04-07-2011, 05:00 PM
I'll do my best to attend, before tickets sellout.

Since it's Easter, catching a flight won't be easy and short notice.

I wanted to go to the 2006 playoffs series in NJ, but they sold out fast.

KingGeorge
04-07-2011, 05:21 PM
Looks like I will probably be sitting in 208.

Really?
04-07-2011, 07:07 PM
Grabbed them last night, section 117 krieg devault, I like the view from their :D

Mark
04-08-2011, 12:28 AM
Just got my tickets! Section 19 Row 35.

Let's hope this series is as exciting as the '06 Nets series!!!

...oh wait...

but seriously, I'm so pumped!!

joeyd
04-08-2011, 01:01 AM
I've been accused (not wrongly) of being someone of a pessimist and a wet blanket, but seriously just thinking about getting to watch the Pacers in the playoffs has me way more excited than I thought I would be. I wish they'd just call the rest of the season and start it tomorrow.

I'm really just so ecstatic that we will likely be watching Pacers basketball at least for 2 weeks longer than we usually do, maybe til the end of April. The long offseason will at least be a little shorter this year!

binarysolo
04-08-2011, 10:30 AM
argh I could conceivably go to a Saturday night game 1 in Chicago, but I would really need to know about the scheduling sooner rather than later.

I could probably make it to Indy though if game 4 were on a saturday or sunday.

graphic-er
04-08-2011, 11:20 AM
$58 per ticket in section 2 of the fan zone? Does that sound right? They were $38 per ticket on the mini-season chart. Only $22 on the playoff ticket pricing card that came in renewal package, i figured that price was only for full season holders though.

Peck
04-08-2011, 03:34 PM
Well I just purchased the majority of seats in my row for the playoff run. Now only one d@mn Bulls fan can sit in our row.

But somehow I'll still end up with them behind me.:(

Eddie Gill
04-08-2011, 04:20 PM
I'm trying my best to get there. I go to Mizzou so it'll be about a 6 hour drive each way. Can't buy tickets because I'm not an Indiana resident. Can't ask my parents to buy them for me pre-sale because I don't want them to know I'll be missing class. Conundrum, conundrum....it'll be my first playoff game since Reggie's last game.

Scot Pollard
04-08-2011, 05:22 PM
Well I just purchased the majority of seats in my row for the playoff run. Now only one d@mn Bulls fan can sit in our row.

But somehow I'll still end up with them behind me.:(

Yeah man it sucks.

I mean you can't really say their bandwagon fans because they probably rode that Jordan bandwagon and just stayed on it.

I WANT A HOME COURT PLAYOFF ADVANTAGE!

I don't think it's going to be too infested with those Bull****s. Local Hoosiers will be coming out and packing the place so I'm not worried about sitting with those dirtbags from Chicago. I mean it's the playoffs and pretty much every sports fan here has been waiting for this moment since 2006.

BillS
04-08-2011, 05:28 PM
I mean you can't really say their bandwagon fans because they probably rode that Jordan bandwagon and just stayed on it.

Funny how they didn't show up until they got Rose, though...

Unclebuck
04-08-2011, 09:00 PM
I got my tickets for the first two games today, and wow what happened to the ticket prices. $108 per ticket for lower level corner seats, that seems a little pricey.

The person who was in line in front of me at Conseco asked the guy how availability was, the guy said, "yes a lot, plenty in all price ranges"

With the prices and what the guy said and the way he said it, there are a ton of tickets left. I fear an invasion of the Bulls fans

MagicRat
04-09-2011, 03:23 PM
Hopefully I'll get to use more than a couple of them......
http://chaos.able-towers.com/%7Emagicrat/2011playofftickets.jpg

Peck
04-09-2011, 03:25 PM
Hopefully I'll get to use more than a couple of them......
http://chaos.able-towers.com/%7Emagicrat/2011playofftickets.jpg

Thatís better than a bouquet of roses.

Well at least to me it is anyway, my wife on the other hand....:cool:

CableKC
04-10-2011, 09:44 PM
Has the dates been established for Game 3 and 4 yet?

In a remote region of my brain....I'm pondering flying from the SF Bay Area to Indy JUST to see my 1st Playoff game in person.....but it's more wishful thinking then anything.

Hitman02
04-10-2011, 10:26 PM
Game 4, Section 7- I'll be there.

Let's pack the fieldhouse with blue and gold!

smj887
04-11-2011, 12:16 AM
Damn playoffs. I spent so much going to games during the season and the thought of putting back some for the playoffs never really crossed my mind. Now I'm sitting here contemplating how to convince myself that I can afford to spend $200 even though I already know I can't afford it.

CableKC
04-11-2011, 12:32 AM
So...when will we know the exact dates of the games?

If I am to ... in any way....plan to go to the games...I need to know when to book the flights.

El Pacero
04-11-2011, 01:36 AM
I don't think it's set yet, but it seems like the 1st game will be in Chicago this coming Saturday. Someone smarter than me could guess the rest from there probably.

rexnom
04-11-2011, 01:43 AM
If it makes you guys feel better, I'm a Chicago resident and I'll be going to the games in Chicago. If you don't hear from me after next week, assumed that I was killed in a fan-related backlash.

Unclebuck
04-11-2011, 08:40 AM
So...when will we know the exact dates of the games?

If I am to ... in any way....plan to go to the games...I need to know when to book the flights.

Wednesday night after all the eastern conference playoff teams have finished their games. That is the latest we will know.

The NBA does a great job in getting the information out as soon as they can. So be watching NBATV Wednesday night or at least the pacers broadcast. or really this forum will have the info.

Keep in mind though games #3 and #4 are going to be Thursday 4/22 - 4/25) - Monday. I realize that is 5 days, but that much we know.

There will be 3 game 3's Thursday night. 3 game 3's Friday night and then 2 game 3's Saturday. If the pacers happen to play a game #3 on that Saturday then we know game #4 will be Monday night.

I know you want more than that, but that is all we know

CableKC
04-11-2011, 11:34 AM
Wednesday night after all the eastern conference playoff teams have finished their games. That is the latest we will know.

The NBA does a great job in getting the information out as soon as they can. So be watching NBATV Wednesday night or at least the pacers broadcast. or really this forum will have the info.

Keep in mind though games #3 and #4 are going to be Thursday 4/22 - 4/25) - Monday. I realize that is 5 days, but that much we know.

There will be 3 game 3's Thursday night. 3 game 3's Friday night and then 2 game 3's Saturday. If the pacers happen to play a game #3 on that Saturday then we know game #4 will be Monday night.

Thanks.....I guess for me....being out of state and all....IF I were planning to actually come to Indy to watch the game....then it's harder for me to plan anything in relation to any trip to go see the Pacers play in the Playoffs.

But after thinking about it....it would be better for me to save the $$$ for next year...or the year after...WHEN AND IF we improve enough where we will be a 2nd round Playoff Team ( a la the Bulls ) as opposed to a "single return to the Playoffs and then back to Lottery-Land" team ( like the Warriors were and the Wizards were a few years back ).

Unclebuck
04-11-2011, 01:32 PM
OK, we have the schedule for the NHL Blackhawks playoff series and it prety much guarantees the first game of the Pacers vs Bulls series will be Saturday as I figured.

Blackhawks play at home Sunday night 8:00. Which is 7 PM Chicago time. The early NBA game on that day is set for 12:30 Eastern time which would be 11:30 in Chicago, and the NBA always says they will not start an NBA game before noon local time on Sundays.

Then consider the Boston Bruins are set to play a home game Saturday at 5:00, so that means the Celtics cannot play Saturday, they will play Sunday.

So I am positive the first Pacers vs Bulls game will be Saturday.

So game 2 will either be Monday or Tuesday which puts our series on the earier track and I'm expecting the pacers first home game to probably be Thursday, although certainly Friday is possible, but no way it will be Saturday, so that means game #4 will not be Monday.

duke dynamite
04-11-2011, 01:52 PM
Excellent detective work, Buck.

BillS
04-11-2011, 02:18 PM
Considering that puts game 4 on Saturday the 23rd, which is where Murphy's Law said it would be, I agree with this analysis.

KingGeorge
04-11-2011, 04:55 PM
I got my tickets today! Anyone else sitting in section 210 ?

Naptown_Seth
04-11-2011, 10:45 PM
If the pacers happen to play a game #3 on that Saturday then we know Seth will literally lose his s*** and go on a murderous rampage killing someone, something or someplace (if that's possible, it's hard to say at this point).

Fixed.

but no way it will be Saturday,
I swear to god if you F me on this I'll make you that "someplace", don't think that can't happen.
:box::-o

This isn't admissible, right? :angel:
It's row 5 section 4 which is behind the Pacers bench. I think that gets me a free pass from most Indy juries.

Also a person should not be able to buy a seat in that spot this late in the game straight from TM. That's pathetic, no matter how bad the team has been in recent years. If my rep had helped or something then okay, but this is just on the Indy pre-sell window.

Anyway I heard the mention of a definite SAT start elsewhere and hoped that they were leaking dates for the known Indy-Chicago pairing. Arghh!

Hicks
04-11-2011, 10:56 PM
Naturally I work 4-11 next Saturday. :sigh: :( My first ever playoff game I will not get to watch live, if even on TV.

The final kicker is my cable service has been mediocre at best, and sometimes channels don't show up, usually ABC/CBS/NBC. :mad: So there's a chance I may not only miss it live, but not be able to record it.

Hopefully FSN will also get all 4+ games; that channel has rarely if ever temporarily dropped.

Yay for Comcast....

El Pacero
04-11-2011, 11:03 PM
... It's row 5 section 4 which is behind the Pacers bench. I think that gets me a free pass from most Indy juries.

haha, I am feeling your pain. That is a super seat for the playoffs, maybe hard to get ever again for the price. I checked tonight and there are some sweet single & double LLs still available... one single in 2nd row just right of and behind basket... one mid LL center court, etc.

I would be all over one of those if it weren't for my allegiance to Area 55. I love going with friends, but if I can get a WAY better seat by myself, I'm making friends with the people around me! ha (probably easier in playoffs, too.)

Scot Pollard
04-11-2011, 11:05 PM
We'll be sitting in our usual seats in section 4.

To those still waiting on a ticket, I suggest getting them within the next few days.

Based on what I heard when I picked up mine, there's still a good couple of thousand left in all the levels.

I'm glad there won't be too many Bull****s there based on what I've heard.

I don't know if they will have t-shirts on the seats and make the place look like a sea of white or gold or something.

That's always really cool when the whole crowd is wearing the same colored shirts.

aero
04-11-2011, 11:09 PM
I have a friend thats coming down form northern Indiana hes a huge bulls fan. Im gonna try to get some tickets for game 3 if their not too high (gotta watch my budget) Its awesome seeing the Blue and Gold back in the playoffs.

Naptown_Seth
04-11-2011, 11:10 PM
El P - I lived my life as a SS guy when I discovered the quality of seats you could get for face back when the market value was actually higher. I had 2nd row for the first 3 rounds of the 2000 run (1 game each, sat balcony for the other so my wife could join) which seemed insane even at the time. Finals was in such demand that even going single seat only got me row 1 club, but still...

Sorry, but as you said if it comes down to sitting 2-3 rows away next to a stranger that you'll be high fiving anyway in about 40 minutes vs hanging with your buddy or spouse in row 8 of section 208 that's a no-brainer. :)

In this case I got a pair in that section which as I said makes it downright insulting. That's why I had to risk the game date, no way I could pass that up.

El Pacero
04-11-2011, 11:16 PM
Jealous of those older Playoff seats, I was Club, but still as you're saying it was really good for playoff tickets.

We're probably in the minority in the willing-to-sit-by-yourself-for-great-seat mantra, but I lived by it most of last season and had great times and some great views.

Yeah, you can't pass up those seats regardless of date, and hopefully in a couple years you can't pass it up just on the resale value alone!

KingGeorge
04-11-2011, 11:19 PM
I don't know if they will have t-shirts on the seats and make the place look like a sea of white or gold or something.

That's always really cool when the whole crowd is wearing the same colored shirts.

I think it would be really cool if they gave one half of the stadium blue shirts and the other half gold.

ndcoltsnpacers
04-11-2011, 11:28 PM
So game 2 will either be Monday or Tuesday which puts our series on the earier track and I'm expecting the pacers first home game to probably be Thursday, although certainly Friday is possible, but no way it will be Saturday, so that means game #4 will not be Monday.

This is how I'm hoping it goes down. Aside from my own selfish reason of having tickets to game 3 and really needing it to be on Thursday, that is. What I really want to avoid is having our two guaranteed home games being Friday/Sunday, in other words really easy for the average Chicago folk to get off work early Friday, drive down and catch both games in time to be back to work on Monday. This would at least give us the Thursday night game, and I would expect that one to have the more pro-Pacer crowd than it's Saturday counterpart in this scenario. Although still probably unbearable. Both of our home games vs. the Bulls this season happened to fall on Friday nights, c'mon NBA, give us a Thursday nighter.

ndcoltsnpacers
04-11-2011, 11:28 PM
I think it would be really cool if they gave one half of the stadium blue shirts and the other half gold.

Quick, what's blue and gold and red all over?

Hicks
04-11-2011, 11:59 PM
Man, if Games 3 and 4 are Friday and Sunday night, there's a good chance I could go to both. That'd rock.

But until I know, I can't afford to take the plunge in advance, which sucks in terms of seating.

Unclebuck
04-12-2011, 04:14 AM
I am wondering how many tickets are left. And how many have already been purchased by Bulls fans

naptownmenace
04-12-2011, 10:53 AM
I am wondering how many tickets are left. And how many have already been purchased by Bulls fans

I just got my tickets from Ticketmaster for Game 4. You can pick your section and seats with an interactive seating chart which is pretty cool but at the time I selected my seats (this morning) there were thousands of seats available.

I didn't check out game 3 though but I figure that there are probably more tickets sold for that game than game 4.

edit: I just checked out Game 3 and there are probably more seats available for Game 3 than Game 4. I estimate at least 4,000 tickets are available for Game 3 and 3,000 for Game 4. I doubt that either game will completely sell out unless the Pacers pull an upset in either Games 1 or 2.

http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/05004669877D59C7?artistid=805952&majorcatid=10004&minorcatid=7

Trader Joe
04-12-2011, 11:27 AM
OK, we have the schedule for the NHL Blackhawks playoff series and it prety much guarantees the first game of the Pacers vs Bulls series will be Saturday as I figured.

Blackhawks play at home Sunday night 8:00. Which is 7 PM Chicago time. The early NBA game on that day is set for 12:30 Eastern time which would be 11:30 in Chicago, and the NBA always says they will not start an NBA game before noon local time on Sundays.

Then consider the Boston Bruins are set to play a home game Saturday at 5:00, so that means the Celtics cannot play Saturday, they will play Sunday.

So I am positive the first Pacers vs Bulls game will be Saturday.

I'm glad game 3 will be Thursday or Friday. A Thursday and Saturday schedule would be fantastic.

BillS
04-12-2011, 11:31 AM
I'm glad game 3 will be Thursday or Friday. A Thursday and Saturday schedule would be fantastic.

Please not Saturday. Pppppppplease....

Trader Joe
04-12-2011, 11:35 AM
I just know I probably couldn't do a game on Sunday.

RWB
04-12-2011, 02:40 PM
For the pacers vs Bulls or the whole first round?

I do know some of the first round. One trick is to see if there are any events already scheduled at Conseco or the United Center.

The first game of the series (for all series) will be Sat 4/16 or Sun. 4/17. There are 4 games on Sat and 4 games on Sunday.

Then game two of each series are played over Monday, Tuesday or Wed.

Game #3 of each series can either be Thurs, Fri, or Saturday - there are usually 2 game #3's on Saturday and 2 game #4 on Saturday.

Game #4 can be Saturday Sunday or Monday.

Then they bunch the games up - theory being that several series end in 4 or 5 games. But they schedule 4 games a night starting with game #5.

Game #5 - Tuesday and Wednesday

Game #6 - Thursday and Friday

game #7 Sat. and Sunday.

As UB had posted earlier in the thread. Here was the 1st round schedule from the previous two seasons to maybe give us an idea on game days.

Game 1 Sat April 17 Chicago at Cleveland 3:00PM ABC
Game 2 Mon April 19 Chicago at Cleveland 8:00PM TNT
Game 3 Thu April 22 Cleveland at Chicago 7:00PM TNT
Game 4 Sun April 25

Cleveland vs. Detroit
Game 1 - Sat April 18 Detroit at Cleveland 3:00PM ABC
Game 2 - Tue April 21 Detroit at Cleveland 8:00PM TNT
Game 3 - Fri April 24 Cleveland at Detroit 7:00PM ESPN
Game 4 - Sun April 26 Cleveland at Detroit 3:30PM ABC

Naptown_Seth
04-12-2011, 08:24 PM
See there SAT game 4 worriers, both the THR and FRI games led to a SUN follow-up, which I think has seemed the norm at times.

BTW, this update from TM to my email "Notification of change....

...the opponent will now be the Bulls.
Date/Time TBA"

Well thanks for jack s*** on that cutting edge update.

Unclebuck
04-13-2011, 08:27 AM
Blackhawks also play a home game Tues 4/19, so the only days game #2 of the pacers vs Bulls series could be is Monday or Wednesday. We are still looking at Saturday - Monday for the pacers at Bulls. And then most likely Thursday - Saturday for the pacers home games.

The Sleeze
04-13-2011, 09:21 AM
The following is for games 1 thru 4 of all series (Adds up to 33 games instead of 32...whatever)

NBA Playoffs TV Schedule
A = ABC / E(2) = ESPN(2) / N = NBATV / T = TNT

Sat-16.......Sun-17.........Mon-18......Tue-19.......Wed-20........Thur-21
1:00 (E).....3:30 (A)........7:00 (T).....7:00 (T).....7:30 (N).......8:00 (N)
3:30 (A).....5:30 (T)........9:30 (T).....7:30 (N).....8:00 (T).......8:00 (T)
7:00 (E).....8:00 (T).........................9:30 (T)....10:30 (T).....10:30 (T)
9:30 (E)....10:30 (T)

Fri-22...........Sat-23........Sun-24.......Mon-25
8:00 (E)........2:00 (T)......1:00 (A).....7:00 (T)
10:00 (E2).....4:30 (T)......3:30 (A).....7:30 (N)
10:30 (E).......8:00 (E)......7:00 (T).....9:30 (T)
..................10:30 (E)......9:30 (T)

naptownmenace
04-13-2011, 09:26 AM
The NBA should announce the official dates and times of the first 4 games of each series today. They'll definitely be in place before tonight's televised games on ESPN so that they can advertise the schedule and matchups for this weekend.

Unclebuck
04-13-2011, 09:34 AM
See there SAT game 4 worriers, both the THR and FRI games led to a SUN follow-up, which I think has seemed the norm at times.

There are almost always two game #3 and two game #4 on the second Saturday. So there is certainly a chance the Pacers could play their second home game on Saturday (if their first home game is Thursday)

I mean almost anything is possible (although knowing the Blackhawks schedule limits the possible days the Bulls can host a game) I'm just giving the most likely scenerios. Game #2 of pacers vs Bulls is Wednesday is a possibility, but highly unlikely.

Unclebuck
04-14-2011, 02:05 PM
http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/05004669877D59C7?artistid=805952&majorcatid=10004&minorcatid=7

Looks to be thousands of tickets left. I'm guessing 5 or 6

I'm glad my educated predictions on the playoff schedule turned out to be correct.

Naptown_Seth
04-14-2011, 10:42 PM
Blackhawks also play a home game Tues 4/19, so the only days game #2 of the pacers vs Bulls series could be is Monday or Wednesday. We are still looking at Saturday - Monday for the pacers at Bulls. And then most likely Thursday - Saturday for the pacers home games.
For the win.

Good to see one of your bets come home. You should have done a parlay with some MLB games.
;)

Thousands of tickets still...I know the team has been down, but NBA playoffs and the #1 seed. Isn't that itself an interesting show?

Sorry guys, but sometimes I really hate this city. I know most cities stick with winners much more, but this is supposed to be the center of basketball and even Butler struggles to sell out at times.

CableKC
04-14-2011, 10:55 PM
This is stupid...how the eff can the Pacers/NBA not figure out what day game 1 and 2 are by now?

Hicks
04-14-2011, 11:20 PM
This is stupid...how the eff can the Pacers/NBA not figure out what day game 1 and 2 are by now?

We've known what day they are for 24 hours now.

samiuam
04-15-2011, 12:51 PM
Man, this is exciting guys. So, I have two tickets for game 3, Section 19, Row 28. It will be my first Pacers playoff game and my wife's first Pacers game ever. We will be driving Thursday afternoon from Chicago to attend the game. We could of watched the game in Chicago, but Conseco Fieldhouse is such a better place to watch the game than the United Center. Plus, we wanted to be with other Pacers fans. Plus, I am hoping that the playoff atmosphere indoctrinates my wife into being a life long Pacers fan.....so very Exciting!

Unclebuck
04-15-2011, 01:51 PM
The strange thing is if you click on the ticketmaster map for Thurss. game, the balcony looks to be about 90% full. The club area maybe 70% full but the lower level is maybe 50% full. (Not sure on exact %'s, more using them to show that the balcony looks pretty full and the lower level doesn't

BillS
04-15-2011, 01:51 PM
I'd be interested in getting an update on sales since the schedule was only just announced for the home games late Wednesday night. We're in the second business day, probably the first day since most fans heard what the times were, and with the rally today I'd hope there would be a bit of a bump.

Trader Joe
04-15-2011, 01:54 PM
They are REALLY pushing the balcony. Crazy deals up there, and they're allowing College Go Pass holders to get tickets in the balcony for 10 bucks. 10 bucks for an NBA playoff game? Who can say no to that?

Unclebuck
04-15-2011, 02:35 PM
I'd be interested in getting an update on sales since the schedule was only just announced for the home games late Wednesday night. We're in the second business day, probably the first day since most fans heard what the times were, and with the rally today I'd hope there would be a bit of a bump.

Go to ticketmaster.com and you can count how many tickets are left, seriously 1 by 1. In fact I nominate you do to that now and every day around this time and report back how many are sold.

Two variables: Bulls fans realizing plenty of tickets left and deciding to scoop them up. Of course if the pacers were to win one of the first two that will change things, or even if the games are close and competitive

BillS
04-15-2011, 03:35 PM
1213 lower bowl
469 Club
1431 balcony

By my count.

Trader Joe
04-15-2011, 03:37 PM
Bill must have a lot of time on his hands...or he is Rainman.

joeyd
04-15-2011, 03:41 PM
Well, I can imagine one reason why a lot of balcony tix have been selling. I just looked at game 3 tix on StubHub. It looks like people (probably scalpers) have been buying balcony seats in lots of about 20 or so, for resale. There are over 850 tix for sale there, and most of these are balcony seats. So if people are buying at $10, looks like a lot are trying to flip them for $20+. Many of these will wind up with Bulls fans, no doubt.

BillS
04-15-2011, 03:43 PM
Bill must have a lot of time on his hands...or he is Rainman.

Definitely not Rainman. Definitely.

I am a very good driver, though.

Trader Joe
04-15-2011, 03:44 PM
Only on Sundays in the driveway.

Shade
04-15-2011, 03:46 PM
Well, I can imagine one reason why a lot of balcony tix have been selling. I just looked at game 3 tix on StubHub. It looks like people (probably scalpers) have been buying balcony seats in lots of about 20 or so, for resale. There are over 850 tix for sale there, and most of these are balcony seats. So if people are buying at $10, looks like a lot are trying to flip them for $20+. Many of these will wind up with Bulls fans, no doubt.

This is exactly why, sadly, I decided against buying tickets. I was so close to pulling the trigger, but I couldn't find anyone willing to go with, and I didn't want to be seated, alone, amongst a bunch of Bulls fans.

joeyd
04-15-2011, 03:58 PM
This is exactly why, sadly, I decided against buying tickets. I was so close to pulling the trigger, but I couldn't find anyone willing to go with, and I didn't want to be seated, alone, amongst a bunch of Bulls fans.

There will be at least 2 of us in Sec. 225 wearing Blue and Gold!