PDA

View Full Version : Are there some holes in the vaunted Jaguar D?

Natston
10-03-2004, 01:58 AM
Sure they are ranked #1, but they are thin at CB and DE. I think we can have some success running to the outside and not into their great DT tandem (we also know how MiPete plays overall :unimpressed: ). We have the depth to attack their CBs but the only concern is they have two great safeties. We'll be either able to dink and dunk if S's play back or go deep if the try some fancy stuff. I think we can have a great game with a Ponies win. :angel:

:fingerscrossed:

MSA2CF
10-03-2004, 08:54 AM
I think the Jags get to Peyton; he gets sacked, has little time, and makes some bad decisions. The Colts lose a close one.

obnoxiousmodesty
10-03-2004, 11:44 AM
It should be a close game, but I still see the Colts winning by a touchdown. Of course, the Colts managed to lose in Jacksonville last year to a 1-7 Jags team, so nothing should be taken for granted. Our offensive line is much better than most people give it credit for, so I think most of the time Peyton will have time to make good decisions. I am worried the Colts won't be able to run on the Jags D. I imagine the Colts will pull a Green Bay game and pass like mad to begin the game, putting the Jaguars on the....uh.... defensive. (Bad pun.)

Ponies win 27-20.

Natston
10-04-2004, 12:16 AM
I think the Jags get to Peyton; he gets sacked, has little time, and makes some bad decisions. The Colts lose a close one.

Interesting prediction for a team that doesn't have anything resembling a pass rush. Perhaps watch the Jags once before making that kind of prediction next time?

Yeah they started one guy at DE that was a backup with us when we started warm boddies. Yes he's that good... :p

ChicagoJ
10-04-2004, 05:50 PM
Is this thread serious? I haven't thought that "Jags" and "vaunted D" could be used in the same sentence for three or four seasons now.

Natston
10-04-2004, 11:26 PM
Is this thread serious? I haven't thought that "Jags" and "vaunted D" could be used in the same sentence for three or four seasons now.

They were ranked #1 overall going into the Colts game, and they played very well down the stretch last year (I believe they were #1 against the run last year as well).