PDA

View Full Version : Pacers/Bucks postgame thread

vnzla81
04-01-2011, 09:21 PM
http://www.outdoorlife.com/files/imagecache/photo-gallery/photo/6/Dead_Deer_2_0.JPG

Good bye deers :dance:

imbtyler
04-01-2011, 09:25 PM
I'm really not enjoying feeling this antsy at the ends of games which we've led by 10+ points. It'd be one thing if it was rare, but this is EVERY game.

Here's hoping we can get this stupid crap to stop in the next week and a half. Get leads and hold onto them.

Also, Brandon Rush needs to get his head out of his ***.

Trophy
04-01-2011, 09:25 PM
This is a perfect night.

Charlotte loses and now Milwaukee, who was the team that was probably going to give us the most trouble is pretty much done at this point.

I don't think Charlotte is good enough to play out their schedule.

Just finish out these last 5 games strong and the playoffs are ours.

yoadknux
04-01-2011, 09:26 PM
Dude that's one horrible picture :/
Good all around game by everyone, the refs were pretty bad... great win
Rush made a noob move with the turnover pass :rolleyes:

Pacerized
04-01-2011, 09:27 PM
I feel comfortable not checking on how the Bucks and Bobcats are doing now. It's time to check the Pacers and NY. Since I'd rather play Chicago then Boston I'm happy with where we're at.

focused444
04-01-2011, 09:29 PM
i officially have no fingernails left

DEEman
04-01-2011, 09:29 PM
Goodbeye dears, welcome playoffs!

Unclebuck
04-01-2011, 09:31 PM
I'm really not enjoying feeling this antsy at the ends of games which we've led by 10+ points. It'd be one thing if it was rare, but this is EVERY game.

You won't have to worry about that in the playoffs

KingGeorge
04-01-2011, 09:31 PM
What a great game that was almost ruined by a Brandon Rush pass. However, I was very impressed with our defensive effort tonight. Turnovers still continue to be a problem. Did anyone else jump out of their seat when Paul George put down that dunk HARD!

focused444
04-01-2011, 09:34 PM
What a great game that was almost ruined by a Brandon Rush pass. However, I was very impressed with our defensive effort tonight. Turnovers still continue to be a problem. Did anyone else jump out of their seat when Paul George put down that dunk HARD!

the PG24 dunk was prettier, but Roy's dunk with under a minute was the jump out of the seat moment for me. That and gooden's jumper at the end

Sookie
04-01-2011, 09:34 PM
1. Brandon Rush was huge this game. Yes, that pass was bad. But it wouldn't have lost us this game. Give him a break.

2. I thought everyone had their really good moments this game. And the defense was perhaps the best I've seen the starting unit play.

3. I'm not too worried about Detroit and the Bucks coming back. Detroit has a lot of talented players and we got passive. The Bucks..they were fighting for their season. This is the NBA, teams make runs. It happens.

4. It's good for us to make our clutch time mistakes now. Learn from them. Don't be a bone head. Make your freaking free throws. Stay focused. But we have to understand that they will do..beyond stupid stuff, at times. It's part of a team growing up.

Guys, we're probably going to the playoffs. And it was the young guys that got us there. I'm sure a lot of people will reply with a "yes, but.." However, take a step back and feel good about this team. They are pretty talented. And we're going to get to see them take their next step in development and get some playoff experience.

vnzla81
04-01-2011, 09:35 PM
Can we please stop blaming Brandon for that last play? there is no way in hell for us to win this game without him, why this game was so close? maybe because Milwaukee knew that this was their last chance? :whoknows:

Justin Tyme
04-01-2011, 09:36 PM
1 more win and the Pacers match Jimmy's best season as a Pacers coach. :D

BringJackBack
04-01-2011, 09:38 PM
WE'RE GOING TO MAKE IT FELLAS!! WE'RE MAKING THE PLAYOFFS!!

focused444
Can we please stop blaming Brandon for that last play? there is no way in hell for us to win this game without him, why this game was so close? maybe because Milwaukee knew that this was their last chance? :whoknows:

Announcers will always say during the playoffs that ending another team's season in an elimination game is the hardest thing to do in the NBA, and that was essentially what happened tonight. Very excited for the Pacers right now.

kidthecat
Tasteless picture.

Good win though.

vnzla81
04-01-2011, 09:41 PM

Amazing just amazing, :shakehead

Sparhawk
04-01-2011, 09:42 PM
My Step-Da has his own deer processing business. Free venison and jerky for all!!

Ozwalt72
04-01-2011, 09:44 PM
Tasteless picture.

I thought it looked absolutely delicious.

NapTonius Monk
04-01-2011, 09:47 PM
I thought it looked absolutely delicious.
Maybe in this form:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_xtjb4tz04SQ/S0xBCP46ENI/AAAAAAAAAnM/3C38mQ3n7Lg/s400/Blog%2BTT%2BTeriyaki%2BDeer%2BSteak.jpg

rock747
04-01-2011, 09:48 PM
Does anyone hope the Celtics or Heat attain the top spot in the East? I do, just because of the Bulls fans that will turnout in Conseco for the playoff games...

TheDon
04-01-2011, 09:50 PM

That is very sad but, it's also a testament to Vogel i'm not sure what Jimmy was on pace for, but just a guess is Vogel dug us out of that hole to even give us a chance at this. Jimmy was on his way to probably his worst season with us.

dannygranger
04-01-2011, 09:50 PM
Someone, quick post a picture of a bunch of dead human bodies in trucks or carts.....its only fair.....

Hoop
04-01-2011, 09:54 PM
The young guys take down the Bucks! :dance:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v94/Hooping/DownGoTheBucks.jpg

Unclebuck
04-01-2011, 09:55 PM
That is very sad but, it's also a testament to Vogel i'm not sure what Jimmy was on pace for, but just a guess is Vogel dug us out of that hole to even give us a chance at this. Jimmy was on his way to probably his worst season with us.

Maybe, or maybe the same pattern would hold and the pacers play well in March and April as they did the past two seasons. Who knows and it doesn't matter now.

I thought the pacers defensive intensity was pretty good the whole night tonight. even though the Bucks started hitting shots in the fourth quarter I thought the pacers defense was good

Sookie
04-01-2011, 09:56 PM

The Pacers are 18-15 since Vogel took over.

Over .500 record guys. And there are some tough teams in that stretch. AND Vogel went through a lockerroom blow up..and the team turned it around.

He may not have the hype of what he originally has. May have made some mistakes at some point. But he's done a good job. Not even a knock on Jim. To play over .500, with a majority of your rotation being guys who are 3rd year players and younger (pretty much about 7 of the 10) is pretty darn good. Also shows that these guys are probably more mature and talented than we think. Even though some like to complain about them non stop. ;)

edit: Please stop posting pictures of dead Bambi.

focused444
04-01-2011, 10:05 PM
The Pacers are 17-15 since Vogel took over.

Over .500 record guys. And there are some tough teams in that stretch. AND Vogel went through a lockerroom blow up..and the team turned it around.

He may not have the hype of what he originally has. May have made some mistakes at some point. But he's done a good job. Not even a knock on Jim. To play over .500, with a majority of your rotation being guys who are 3rd year players and younger (pretty much about 7 of the 10) is pretty darn good. Also shows that these guys are probably more mature and talented than we think. Even though some like to complain about them non stop. ;)

thought it was 18-15 now? either way all valid points

I don't care about the deer photo either way, but maybe it should be removed if it's gonna be a pressing issue in this thread. This game is way bigger than that.

Sookie
04-01-2011, 10:09 PM
thought it was 18-15 now? either way all valid points

I don't care about the deer photo either way, but maybe it should be removed if it's gonna be a pressing issue in this thread. This game is way bigger than that.

yup. :)

D-BONE
04-01-2011, 10:23 PM
Should never have been that close, but I'll gladly take it.

xIndyFan
04-01-2011, 10:40 PM
. . . Good all around game by everyone, the refs were pretty bad... great win

that funny. cause i thought the officating crew was pretty good. given the level of officiating this year, this crew was about as good as you will ever get.

xIndyFan
04-01-2011, 10:43 PM
pacers have to sign a guy that can defend bogut. if he had stopped all the silly reaching fouls, the pacers would have lost the game.

kudo's to danny. doing the hard work in the post. i will be really glad when some of the pacer kids can work in the post like that all the time. did notice that josh got a couple of shots off in the low post. nice to see, want to see more of it.

Psyren
04-01-2011, 10:47 PM

So who else do we blame for his pass? Was he not the one who threw it?

I do blame him for that pass. Bad play. But you're also right. He was vital to this game, and everything besides that last play was well done. He played a pretty good game overall.

But on that last play, I don't know who else you'd like to blame for it.

Mr_Smith
04-01-2011, 11:04 PM
Where was squad 6 at ??? I was at the game but didn't see them. Good win but that was a tense moment at the end.

imbtyler
04-01-2011, 11:24 PM
<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="853" height="510" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ZXYgHnQRjrw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

xIndyFan
04-01-2011, 11:29 PM
interesting to see how dahntay not playing has changed minutes around. brandon seems to be getting some of his minutes. when dahntay's physicallity is needed, brandon gets them instead.

also, we need to start a collection to send paul george to finishing school this summer. he leads the team in getting to the basket, but just coming up short on the shot. it does have a humorous aspect, but he needs to figure it out. :laugh:

Major Cold
04-01-2011, 11:47 PM
UB is right the defense in the last two games has been great. Solid rotation all around. Even Tyler got a charge. I like how most of the night the Bucks were chasing us. If it weren't for Rush's 8 points in the second we might have choked this one.

I don't mind TOs for DC. But the unforced TOs is getting too numerous. I know he is young, but he needs to work on this and rotations on defense. His close out is lazy. But he is getting in the lane and sucking the defense in. He and Tyler found each other a few times.

The most overlooked aspect is Roy's rebounding. I never would have thought he would be this good of a rebounder. But he has done really well.

Trophy
04-02-2011, 12:10 AM
<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="853" height="510" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ZXYgHnQRjrw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Roy got everyone fired up with that slam showing the Bucks who's going to the playoffs.

After the first quarter, he played with so much heart and played a solid game against Bogut.

Dr. Hibbert
04-02-2011, 12:12 AM
I'll tell you, it scares the HELL out of me how this team routinely comes out brain-dead on offense. That said, at least there was a defensive effort all night tonight. That was good to see. I thought Hibbert came out incredibly soft and clumsy but seemed to steady himself in the second half. Granger's shot selection still bothers me, but it bothers me less when he goes to the rim with any regularity.

Really thought this game turned when Foster and Rush came in during the second quarter. Foster's tenacity inside was a 180 from Hibbert's first-quarter effort and Rush was stepping up and making the shots no one else could.

Also glad that Collison appears to be exiting his rough patch and playing some good balls. Still a bit careless with passes at times, but his speed and ability on the break along with his jumper is excellent. He's already an elite backup and I certainly think he's developing into a good starter (though not quite there yet.) Happy for him because some, including me at times, were really tough on him during his cold streak.

BlueNGold
04-02-2011, 12:12 AM
The most overlooked aspect is Roy's rebounding. I never would have thought he would be this good of a rebounder. But he has done really well.

There's something going on with Hibbert and Hans. Tyler was tearing it up earlier in March scoring in the 20's. I strongly believe teams are now planning for him and his numbers have dipped. But Roy is making them pay.

If you look at Tyler and Roy's game logs, it becomes clear that the opposition is picking their poison. Right now, they are watching Tyler more closely...and Hibbert is playing better...

This will result in both of them gaining confidence as they get more experience. While not my definition of a great front court, they may become very solid.

spazzxb
04-02-2011, 12:19 AM
This team is pretty much all young guys, however there is no reason to discredit the value of Danny and especially Foster.

1. Brandon Rush was huge this game. Yes, that pass was bad. But it wouldn't have lost us this game. Give him a break.

2. I thought everyone had their really good moments this game. And the defense was perhaps the best I've seen the starting unit play.

3. I'm not too worried about Detroit and the Bucks coming back. Detroit has a lot of talented players and we got passive. The Bucks..they were fighting for their season. This is the NBA, teams make runs. It happens.

4. It's good for us to make our clutch time mistakes now. Learn from them. Don't be a bone head. Make your freaking free throws. Stay focused. But we have to understand that they will do..beyond stupid stuff, at times. It's part of a team growing up.

Guys, we're probably going to the playoffs. And it was the young guys that got us there. I'm sure a lot of people will reply with a "yes, but.." However, take a step back and feel good about this team. They are pretty talented. And we're going to get to see them take their next step in development and get some playoff experience.

Richard_Skull
04-02-2011, 12:28 AM

So wait, it took Vogel 11 less games to win more games than JOB did.
(18-15:33) (17-27:44)

spazzxb
04-02-2011, 01:11 AM
:rip:
:3deadhors:

Richard_Skull
04-02-2011, 01:14 AM
that's my first swing at the dead horse, it looked fun. I just like looking at certain numbers and stats and finding things like that.

pacerDU
04-02-2011, 01:19 AM
After watching that Hibbert dunk video I saw this one listed - Paul George jumping over Hibbert for a dunk ala Nate Robinson:

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/JPzpQJGfSMA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Sorry if ya'll have seen it before but I'd never seen it! Looks like he needed to wear short-shorts to make sure he didn't get caught on Hibbert's head!

spazzxb
04-02-2011, 01:34 AM
that's my first swing at the dead horse, it looked fun. I just like looking at certain numbers and stats and finding things like that.

Its all good. I Don't mind the jab, it's just that there is no value in having the Vogel vs. JOB Debate or going into what ifs. I couldn't find a smily for weak groan. lol

Peck
04-02-2011, 02:57 AM
that funny. cause i thought the officating crew was pretty good. given the level of officiating this year, this crew was about as good as you will ever get.

QFT!!!!!!

They did what I wish every single NBA referee would do and that is not always make a foul call when players collide. It is not always either a block or a foul, most times it really should just be "play on" which is what Delaney and crew did.

Often times we complain when refs. get it wrong, this group by far and away got it right all night long.

Peck
04-02-2011, 03:01 AM

Actually that was a great find. I had no idea that Frank had already won more games this season than Jim did.

That is both sad and amazing all at the same time.

ilive4sports
04-02-2011, 03:22 AM
QFT!!!!!!

They did what I wish every single NBA referee would do and that is not always make a foul call when players collide. It is not always either a block or a foul, most times it really should just be "play on" which is what Delaney and crew did.

Often times we complain when refs. get it wrong, this group by far and away got it right all night long.

I was looking at the box score and only 40 foul shots were taken by both teams combined. Thats crazy low. Especially when just last week Chicago took over 40 themselves.

D-BONE
04-02-2011, 09:08 AM
The 15-17 footer Roy dined on regularly last night will be what ultimately makes him an above average C for his career if it becomes a routine facet of his offensive arsenal.

pwee31
04-02-2011, 10:10 AM
The one thing I didn't like at the game was night was our final sequence.

I clearly expected the Bucks to foul, there was only a 1.3 second difference between game clock and shot clock.

I felt Collison took his shot a little to early. Yes, we won the game which was great, but I think if played correctly the Pacers could have taken the last shot of that game, even a shot clock violation leaves the Bucks with only 1.3

Now the Bucks only had 2.3 left on the clock, partly due that it took them a moment to call timeout after the rebound, but I think we have to manage the clock better, b/c that could have backfired

Speed
04-02-2011, 10:21 AM
There's something going on with Hibbert and Hans. Tyler was tearing it up earlier in March scoring in the 20's. I strongly believe teams are now planning for him and his numbers have dipped. But Roy is making them pay.

If you look at Tyler and Roy's game logs, it becomes clear that the opposition is picking their poison. Right now, they are watching Tyler more closely...and Hibbert is playing better...

This will result in both of them gaining confidence as they get more experience. While not my definition of a great front court, they may become very solid.

I had not thought of this, I had thought that TH had maybe just hit a , length of season, wall. Excellent observation!!

McKeyFan
04-02-2011, 10:31 AM
The one thing I didn't like at the game was night was our final sequence.

I clearly expected the Bucks to foul, there was only a 1.3 second difference between game clock and shot clock.

I felt Collison took his shot a little to early. Yes, we won the game which was great, but I think if played correctly the Pacers could have taken the last shot of that game, even a shot clock violation leaves the Bucks with only 1.3

Now the Bucks only had 2.3 left on the clock, partly due that it took them a moment to call timeout after the rebound, but I think we have to manage the clock better, b/c that could have backfired
Yep. And if you take a long shot that bounces off the rim, they would have almost no time left.

I'm not a big fan of either DC or Rush down the stretch, especially in terms of BBall IQ. DC can hit some shots sometimes in the clutch, but it seems the only thing his mind ever really focuses on in a basketball game is scoring.

DrFife
04-02-2011, 10:55 AM

You launched me into a statistical analysis, Sookie. One interesting distinction between the two coaches' records this season is that there is a significant difference between (current) average records of who we beat (.430) vs. who we lost to (.568) under JOB. At this time, however, there is not a significant difference between such records under Frank.

This seems to confirm that under JOB, we knew who we could & couldn't beat, whereas under Frank's youth movement, "We're talented enough to beat anybody; we're inconsistent enough to lose to anybody."

imawhat
04-02-2011, 12:42 PM
You launched me into a statistical analysis, Sookie. One interesting distinction between the two coaches' records this season is that there is a significant difference between (current) average records of who we beat (.430) vs. who we lost to (.568) under JOB. At this time, however, there is not a significant difference between such records under Frank.

This seems to confirm that under JOB, we knew who we could & couldn't beat, whereas under Frank's youth movement, "We're talented enough to beat anybody; we're inconsistent enough to lose to anybody."

What were the percentages? I'd love to see them.

That was an impressive game to win. One thing about championship-level teams is that they have the ability to adapt and win against any style of play. We're nowhere in the ballpark of being a contender, but the ability to win both high and low scoring games is a significant step in the right direction.

The defense Milwaukee played against us in the 1st quarter may have been the best defensive quarter against us all season, and if not, it's second behind Miami's 1st quarter. I love Mbah a Moute. I didn't know he could hit an open jumper though..I'd love to have him on our team.

It was said earlier, but I feel like every player contributed tonight in some way. I'm surprised that Dunleavy and McRoberts had 2/4 point games. They had a bigger impact than that.

It sure is nice to think about our bench. Our two bench wings were common starters for us in the past. Foster still adds a dimension this team otherwise wouldn't have, and AJ/Josh are glue guys. Josh's game has improved more this month than at any other time, probably the result of consistent playing time. I think Sookie is right. Whether or not AJ looks to score is starting to look like it's dependent upon who he's on the floor with.

DrFife
04-02-2011, 03:18 PM
What were the percentages? I'd love to see them.

Under Frank, the teams we're beating are winning about 40% of their games on average (33-49 by season's end), while the teams we've been losing to are winning 50% on average (41-41). The wide variance (beat Chicago, lose to Sacramento), however, prevents us from being able to the call the effect significant. I've got the data stored now, so I can easily check again at season's end.

PaceBalls
04-02-2011, 03:33 PM
Tyler just isn't getting as many touches, which is probably for the best. It's good to get everyone else involved. With MikeD coming back he will get even less touches as our offense becomes more dynamic than DC and Tyler PnRs. Those games where he was going off for 20/10 he was the main focus and they ran the PnR to death with him.

I am very happy DC has decided he belongs in the NBA. He has played very well the last few games and if we want to have a shot at winning even one game in the postseason, he has to play well.

If I was the coach, I would make AJ shoot FTs for an hour before every game. He is so bad at shooting the FTs right now, we can't afford to have him close out games just for that reason alone.

Sookie
04-03-2011, 12:14 AM
If I was the coach, I would make AJ shoot FTs for an hour before every game. He is so bad at shooting the FTs right now, we can't afford to have him close out games just for that reason alone.

I would too. But he's probably 90 percent in practice. Purely mental/emotional issue. As free throws often are. (Funny enough, Emeka Okafor is a 80 percent free throw shooter in practice...)