PDA

View Full Version : CBSSPORTS/Danny Granger out 7-8 days with ankle injury

vnzla81
04-01-2011, 11:41 AM
http://www.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/22748484/25259437

Danny Granger out 7-8 days with ankle injury
Posted on: March 31, 2011 2:46 am
Edited on:April 1 , 2011 7:31 am Score: 171

Indiana Pacers forward Danny Granger is expected to miss at least a week with an ankle injury.
Posted by Ben Golliver.

During the first quarter of Indiana's 111-101 win over the Detroit Pistons, Pacers forward Danny Granger suffered a left ankle injury driving to the basket but ended up playing the whole game. according to IndyStar.com .

“It swelled right up,” Pacers coach Frank Vogel said about their best offensive player. “I don’t know how long it’s going to take for him to get healed. Clearly we need him to be healthy for the Playoffs push and we can’t do anything about that until we find out how severely sprained it is.”
Mike Wells of the Indianapolis Star checks in on Twitter today to report that the Pacers expect Granger out 7-8 days with the left ankle sprain. With Granger sidelined, Indiana will have to make due with Mike Dunleavy Jr., Brandon Rush, James Posey, Dahntay Jones and rookie Paul George on the wing.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, man this sucks, can we wins the rest of the games without him? :cry:

Trophy
04-01-2011, 11:44 AM
This sucks!

Please tell me this is an April Fools Joke. (AND YES IT IS)

Psyren
04-01-2011, 11:45 AM
I'm thinking April Fools

Trader Joe
04-01-2011, 11:47 AM
Why would CBSSports run an April Fool's Joke about Danny Granger?

BPump33
It's from October.

Trophy
Why would CBSSports run an April Fool's Joke about Danny Granger?

Go check the dates on the link.

CT Pacer
04-01-2011, 11:48 AM
Did you guys even read the article?

Midcoasted
04-01-2011, 11:49 AM
Definitely April Fools because B Rush was not mentioned as a wing replacement and Posey was. Vogel isn't bat **** crazy. Now if JOB was our coach I'd be worried right now.:laugh:

Trader Joe
04-01-2011, 11:52 AM
I thought people were accusing CBS of being the one responsible for the April Fool's...

Gamble1
04-01-2011, 11:55 AM
I have a five knuckle april fools joke for you....

Speed
04-01-2011, 11:57 AM
WHY is JIM O'BRIEN commenting on the Pacers players and how did I miss the New Orleans game last Friday!!!

I want some answers!!!

The Sleeze
04-01-2011, 12:02 PM
Not funny....BOO this man...BOO

naptownmenace
04-01-2011, 12:31 PM
You got me! :loser:

focused444
04-01-2011, 12:34 PM
Can't....believe...I....fell...for...this...

And I knew what day it was, nicely done...

Sparhawk
04-01-2011, 12:53 PM
Did not fall for this at all.

IUfan4life
04-01-2011, 01:04 PM
Not funny....BOO this man...BOO

love your avatar

McKeyFan
04-01-2011, 01:05 PM
Part of me was really interested in how the team would do without Granger.

yoadknux
04-01-2011, 01:10 PM
Haha, that was nice ;)

BringJackBack
04-01-2011, 01:16 PM
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha good one, I'll give you that.. When I read it I just yelled, "****!," and then I started reading the posts.. :laugh:

Unclebuck
04-01-2011, 01:16 PM
I think April fools day has to be the dumbest day of the year. Show me a good April fool's joke and it will be the first.

Justin Tyme
04-01-2011, 01:19 PM
Good joke from some of the responses. I have been waiting all day for someone to start an April Fool's Day thread as normally done. I considered doing one about Bird Stepping Down, since Bird has stated he'd give an answer to staying or not in April. Then I decided not to do it.

imbtyler
04-01-2011, 01:24 PM
I think April fools day has to be the dumbest day of the year. Show me a good April fool's joke and it will be the first.

I could tell you this really great, elaborate one from when I was in Jr. high that involved me being incredibly embarrassed, confused, and other similar adjectives. It was a good one. But that's a different story for a different day (never).

As far as this article, I saw the title and nearly had a s***fit in class. Started saying "Nooo noo no no no" loudly and almost banged my head against the wall. Then I realized that date, and started praying that it was a holiday joke.

Pleasantly surprised.

Ozwalt72
04-01-2011, 01:27 PM
It shocks me that people were more, "Oh noooooo!" than dissing him for perceived poor play of late.

Speed
04-01-2011, 01:28 PM

I liked this one.

Some guy I know called his sister and left her a message. He told her that he just got a call from someone on his phone, but the call was intended for her, not him.

It was a Mr. Lyon at 222-2222 and he wanted her to call him back right away.

The phone number was for the zoo.

"Yes, I am returning a call from Mr. Lion, may I speak with him, please"

Speed
04-01-2011, 01:31 PM

Plus, I've got my 3 year old daughter walking around all day telling people that their shoes are untied, so theres that fun ensuing at daycare today.

Justin Tyme
04-01-2011, 02:00 PM

Sounds like a man with no sense of humor.

Very few occasion days means much in todays society. Most don't give reverence to Veterans Day, Memorial Day, Labor Day, as anything more than a day off from work. Washington and Lincoln's birthdays are a thing of the past. Most couldn't even tell you what President's Day stands for other than it's a Federal and State holiday. Flag Day, May Day, and Columbus Day are things that went by the way. Most don't know or have even heard of VE or VJ Day. These are all important in American history. You know that subject you hated in school and thought it was irrelevant.

This week has been spring break for kids. Years ago it was called Easter Vacation, but that isn't PC anymore.

Rant off.

Unclebuck
04-01-2011, 02:07 PM
The only elaborate April Fools joke I was a part of was when me and all my co-workers decided to call in sick on the same day. The plan was that all 9 of us would call our boss between 7:15 and 7:30 AM each of us would say we are sick and won't be coming in. Although most of us got to work either at 7:30 or 8 the plan was that we would all come in together at 8:30 AM. It was maybe fun planning it all, not so fun thinking wait what if I am the only one who calls in.

As it turned out only 3 of us called in (I was one of them) the others came in at their normal times. Other problem is our boss that day had a doctors appt or something and didn't come in until 10 anyway. When he came in we told him about and he was like so what

McKeyFan
04-01-2011, 02:15 PM

LOL, Very funny, UB. Well done.

Hicks
04-01-2011, 02:26 PM

You didn't like Pistons Digest?

vnzla81
04-01-2011, 02:46 PM
Part of me was really interested in how the team would do without Granger.

Kaufman already had a post writen explaining how we need it to see how we would do without Danny in case we trade him next season :laugh::laugh:

vnzla81
04-01-2011, 02:48 PM
I have a five knuckle april fools joke for you....

:-p

vnzla81
04-01-2011, 02:50 PM
I could tell you this really great, elaborate one from when I was in Jr. high that involved me being incredibly embarrassed, confused, and other similar adjectives. It was a good one. But that's a different story for a different day (never).

As far as this article, I saw the title and nearly had a s***fit in class. Started saying "Nooo noo no no no" loudly and almost banged my head against the wall. Then I realized that date, and started praying that it was a holiday joke.

Pleasantly surprised.

:spitout: :laugh:

Unclebuck
04-01-2011, 02:53 PM

I don't think I noticed it until someone pointed it out. Then it was like Oh yeah, didn't notice it.

Sookie
04-01-2011, 03:06 PM

This was my grandfather's favorite holiday (and fitting, his funeral ended up being April Fools day) and it's my mother's favorite holiday.

My grandfather got me every single year, from the time I was two (yes, even then...I heard stories..not that it's that hard to trick a two year old.) until he died. And my mother continues to get me (and my brother and my father), every single year. (Haven't heard from her yet..I will.)

My brother and I, aren't that hard to trick..especially in the morning.
We don't like the holiday nearly as much.

edit: Never mind..I write a whole post about it..and she STILL gets me.

Shade
04-01-2011, 03:45 PM
I'm well aware of what today is, so I clicked on the thread fully expecting it to be an AFD prank, but it was still well done.

Shade
04-01-2011, 03:47 PM

Best. Prank. Ever.

Trophy
04-01-2011, 04:04 PM

What year was that?

The Sleeze
04-01-2011, 04:26 PM
This is the Google Gmail April Fools Day prank for this year. If you didn't know the video was fake you'd be like..."This is the worst idea ever." Love the actor doing the motions....very deadpan.

http://mail.google.com/mail/help/motion.html

Hicks
04-01-2011, 11:23 PM
What year was that?

AesopRockOn
04-02-2011, 05:01 AM
Sounds like a man with no sense of humor.

Very few occasion days means much in todays society. Most don't give reverence to Veterans Day, Memorial Day, Labor Day, as anything more than a day off from work. Washington and Lincoln's birthdays are a thing of the past. Most couldn't even tell you what President's Day stands for other than it's a Federal and State holiday. Flag Day, May Day, and Columbus Day are things that went by the way. Most don't know or have even heard of VE or VJ Day. These are all important in American history. You know that subject you hated in school and thought it was irrelevant.

This week has been spring break for kids. Years ago it was called Easter Vacation, but that isn't PC anymore.

Rant off.

Was kind of with you until Columbus Day.