PDA

View Full Version : Daequan Cook?

MyFavMartin
04-01-2011, 10:37 AM
Restricted free agent this summer on a team (OKC) stocked at the 2 spot: Sefalosha and Harden.

Any interest in Cook for the Pacers?

Psyren
04-01-2011, 11:11 AM
Ehh, he doesn't do much for me.

IMO, not any better than any of the wings we currently have.

CableKC
04-01-2011, 11:42 AM
We need a Starting SG...Daequan Cook is a rotational SG that is more of a role Player.

Trophy
04-01-2011, 11:49 AM
He's not what we need.

I'd prefer Mayo still.

Jared Sullinger
04-01-2011, 02:11 PM
9th-15th man, sure. Anything more than that? Nah.

SMosley21
04-01-2011, 02:37 PM
I've always been a fan of Cook since he first came into the NBA. Do we need to go after him? No, because we've got a ton of wings already and Cook wouldn't really upgrade us enough for it to matter over the course of a season.

Spirit
04-02-2011, 08:47 PM
He's much better than any shooting guard we have not named Paul George. I'd give him 4 years, 16 million total, if, and only if, we can dump Rush and/or Jones in a trade.

BornReady
04-02-2011, 08:50 PM
If he's not too expensive I'd be on board

mikeyism
04-02-2011, 10:28 PM
I'll put this here. From ESPN scouting report. Cook doesn't sound like an upgrade over BRush or PG.

+ Good set shooter who struggles to make anything off the dribble.

+ Decent athlete who can guard his position. Has good elevation on jumper.

+ Lacks a deceptive handle and struggles to get to basket and draw fouls.

An alleged shooter who doesn't make shots, Cook maintained the league's worst 2-point shooting percentage for the second consecutive season and his career is now on life support. This was an incredible feat -- it didn't seem possible for Cook to do worse than his 35.5 percent in 2008-09, but last season he made just 32.3 percent inside the arc. In particular, Cook seems fond of a step-back jumper that he can't make, but virtually any shot inside the arc gives him trouble. Cook is just 23 and appears to be a good enough athlete to make the proper adjustments, but it's been three years and we're still waiting.

EDIT: This is from the end of the 2010 season, and it seems like Cook's 3pt shooting has recovered. But still, he is a catch-and-shoot SG who plays defense. We already have one of those.

Kegboy
04-02-2011, 11:40 PM
If Rush were involved in a trade, which he may very well be, I'd be mildly interested. The kid came out of school way too early, and he's been playing catchup ever since. He's still growing into his game.

grace
04-03-2011, 12:16 PM
I'd be mildly interested.

I'd say you've barely been minimally interested in the Pacers all year. I don't see that changing any time soon.

Scot Pollard
04-03-2011, 02:01 PM
I'd say you've barely been minimally interested in the Pacers all year. I don't see that changing any time soon.

Whats your deal man?

Your not even a Pacers fan and you think we dont have a bright future

At least Kegboy is a Pacers fan and has some interest and wants whats best for his team and I think pretty much every sports fan in this city will have interest in the Pacers again soon

Id think being on this board since 04 you'd pick something up about who or what the Pacers have

The Bucks are ****ty, old, overpaid and they will probably try and trade half their roster this offseason.

Nobody quote Grace because I will get a headache.