PDA

View Full Version : Season's almost over, Votes for Game of the Year (All Teams)

Constellations
03-31-2011, 11:31 PM
Not just a Pacer game, any game of the season. Suggestions?

I'm gonna have to go with:

Suns @ Lakers

Triple OT 137-139 Lakers

I didn't even watch it, I listened to it on League Pass audio and it was EPIC.

15th parallel
03-31-2011, 11:48 PM
That's a good choice.

Another I can think of is the Memphis-Sacramento game, where Mayo hit the "supposed-to-be game-winner." Then Evans hit the true game-winner. Craziest ending I've watched.

Constellations
03-31-2011, 11:59 PM
That's a good choice.

Another I can think of is the Memphis-Sacramento game, where Mayo hit the "supposed-to-be game-winner." Then Evans hit the true game-winner. Craziest ending I've watched.

:eek: I completely forgot about that one. I don't remember it being much of a game as a whole, but that was back in December. Such an EPIC buzzer-beater.

And Pacer fan or not, the Hornets @ Pacers with the Dunleavy tip in should definitely be around the top 15. Not a good game as a whole for sure though.

Hornets @ Jazz was pretty awesome when Paul Millsap hit two free throws with 1.9 seconds left. Forgot to miss the second. Aaron Gray shotgunned the pass down the court and CP3 tapped the ball to Okafur and he just chucked it up over his head from about 20 feet and banked it in to send the game into OT. I LOL'ed hard.

ballism
04-01-2011, 12:04 AM
Another great one was Suns Grizzlies in early November, two overtimes, classic Nash and lots of clutch shots from J-Rich.
The end of the 4th Q was crazy, Memphis has the lead and the ball with 1 sec left, Gay makes the wrong free throw, J-Rich makes an amazing tip in.

King Tuts Tomb
04-01-2011, 12:30 AM
The first Celtics-Knicks game was great. I think it was the one where Pierce hit the game winner and Nate Robinson jumped on him and fell over. The second Heat-Lakers game a couple weeks ago was really well played.

Overall this has been a great season but I don't remember too many GREAT games. I'm hoping they're all coming in the playoffs. I almost can't believe how good the playoffs will be this year. If all the seeds play out, the second round will be:

Spurs-Thunder
Lakers-Mavs
Bulls-Magic
Heat-Celtics

All of those teams can win the championship with some luck. This might be the best playoffs ever.

15th parallel
04-01-2011, 12:47 AM
Also, the first Pacers-Nuggets game. 20-straight shots made, almost going perfect shooting for one quarter was just crazy...

oz_pacer
04-01-2011, 12:52 AM
i really enjoyed that clevland vs miami game the other day

KingGeorge
04-01-2011, 01:50 AM
I would also have to agree with the Memphis/Sacramento game. Such a great ending!

Eleazar
04-01-2011, 02:26 AM
The season may almost be over but it isn't over yet. The best game of the season may still yet to be played.

This is like web sites giving out their game of the year in early December. The year isn't over yet, and even though there aren't many if any new games to come out you haven't had a chance to settle down on the most recent releases to give it an accurate judgment.

Constellations
04-01-2011, 02:35 AM
The season may almost be over but it isn't over yet. The best game of the season may still yet to be played.

This is like web sites giving out their game of the year in early December. The year isn't over yet, and even though there aren't many if any new games to come out you haven't had a chance to settle down on the most recent releases to give it an accurate judgment.

Did you read the thread title where it said Season's almost over? Guess not. Thats why were discussing potential candidates. Were setting anything in stone yet.

captainC
04-01-2011, 07:42 AM
I vote for the Utah jazz Miami heat game where the jazz comeback from 20 down and millsap hits 2 Three pointers as part of the run.

Also, I would have to say the cleveland Miami game that Cleveland won would be enjoyable.

No I don't care about the heat but those two games were probably fantastic if I was a fan. Also I think pacers had games on both those nights so I didn't watch at the time

sc 2.9.2v tapatapatalk

LadiesfromSection220
04-01-2011, 10:22 AM
Not just a Pacer game, any game of the season. Suggestions?

I'm gonna have to go with:

Suns @ Lakers

Triple OT 137-139 Lakers

I didn't even watch it, I listened to it on League Pass audio and it was EPIC.

I DID watch that game, every minute of it! It was a fantastic game from start to finish and really kept me on the edge of the couch seat the whole time. I was rooting for the Suns and unfortunately for me they lost. But I have to hand it to both teams. A very hard-fought battle on both sides.

pacers74
04-01-2011, 02:10 PM
I am biased, so my vote goes to Pacers-Knicks game on March 15th. Granger hit the last second shot to win it. I was there with my 8 year old son. It was awesome. He said it was the best game he had ever been too.