Doug
09-30-2004, 04:37 PM
URLs to follow...

Doug
09-30-2004, 04:37 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=bobcatsbrezec&prov=st&type=lgns

Bobcats sign C Primoz Brezec to multi-year extension

September 30, 2004

CHARLOTTE, North Carolina (Ticker) - Center Primoz Brezec, acquired in the expansion draft, signed a multi-year contract extension with the Charlotte Bobcats on Thursday.

Terms were not disclosed. Brezec, who turns 25 on Saturday, will make $1.554 million this season and could have become a restricted free agent July 1 had the Bobcats not signed him by October 31.

A 2000 first-round pick of Indiana, Brezec remains untested in the NBA. He has averaged 1.8 points and 1.1 rebounds in just 62 games over three seasons with the Pacers, who left him unprotected in the expansion draft in June.

"We were happy when we had the opportunity to take Primoz in the expansion draft and we're delighted to be able to keep him on our roster for the next seeral years," Bobcats general manager and coach Bernie Bickerstaff said.

The 7-1, 255-pound native of Slovenia was tabbed by the Bobcats and averaged 14.5 points, 6.7 rebounds and 1.2 blocks while shooting 51.5 percent from the field in seven games in the Rocky Mountain Revue summer league.

"Primoz played extremely well in the summer league for us, where he demonstrated his intensity, work ethic and versatility on both ends of the court," Bickerstaff added. "We think he will be an important part of our foundation as we begin building our team next week."

Training camp opens Tuesday. Brezec figures to be the backup center to Jahidi White, who has one year left on his contract. The Bobcats also have rookie forward-center Emeka Okafor.

Kegboy
09-30-2004, 04:53 PM
:wah:

:proud:

Lord Helmet
09-30-2004, 05:45 PM
I miss Primo and I will miss yelling at him at the games when he would actually get playing time. :( I'm sure Reg will miss him and Primo will miss Reg.WHY PRIMO WHY!!!!?????

SoupIsGood
09-30-2004, 05:51 PM
He better not turn out to be really good, I'll be so mad.

He could be Brad Miller all over again.

I can see it already, "If we had protected Primoz, we would have one it all last season..."