PDA

View Full Version : Go Go Mark Boyle!

Constellations
03-30-2011, 06:18 AM
Tonight's game will be Mark's 2,000th game announced in the play-by-play booth!

Mark and Slick are such great pieces to our franchise!

granger33
03-30-2011, 07:06 AM
well done mark. love listening to your commentary. Keep the good work up.

DaveP63
03-30-2011, 07:42 AM
May you have 2000 more!

Unclebuck
03-30-2011, 08:39 AM
I remember the year Mark started he was the 5th new radio play-by-play guy in 5 years. None of them stayed more than 1 year. In fact one of the 5 years they hired a guy and then he backed out right before the season started (went to the Mavs instead)

Mark Boyle is so good. He is easy to take for granted. I realize the Purdue season is over, but in order to realize how good mark is next winter listen to the Purdue basketball radio play-by-play guy or most of the other guys doing college basketball or the NBA.

PacerGuy
03-30-2011, 08:46 AM
"Ding-Dong, 1,999 is Dead!!!" ;)
Being the voice to our team is like having a key to my heart.
When my childhood minister speaks, it is his voice I associate with God.
When I hear your voice, I associate it with Home.
Thanks x 2000 Mark!!!

I Love P
03-30-2011, 09:49 AM
Check out Area55 tonight. Got some surprises for Mark.

McKeyFan
03-30-2011, 10:41 AM
Congrats, Mark.

Speed
03-30-2011, 11:31 AM
Although I doubt he'd want the honor, but I officially consider him a Hoosier now. Congrats Mark and thanks!

Bball
03-30-2011, 11:48 AM
Congrats!!!!

Sandman21
03-30-2011, 05:52 PM
http://www.nba.com/pacers/news/mark_boyle_2000th_game.html
Some of MB's most memorable calls.

Although I honestly am wondering where the heck Reggie's GW in 98 and "Smits Happens" are..... :D

croz24
03-30-2011, 06:07 PM
love his play by play but often find myself disagreeing with his opinions about basketball.

QuickRelease
03-30-2011, 07:06 PM
I think Mark is incredible. The flow between he and Slick is awesome. Agree with Uncle Buck, in that if you listen to some of these other guys, we have it really, really good. Congrats MBoyle!

Naptown_Seth
03-30-2011, 09:14 PM
Tonight's game will be Mark's 2,000th game announced in the play-by-play booth!

Mark and Slick are such great pieces to our franchise!
Only 2000? Talk about phoning it in.

Do something already Mark, you already got all that free time off to go broadcast baseball a few years ago. Isn't it about time to get your career into high gear and start taking this seriously.

BTW, I assume some of those "questionable" shirts from FanJam were awarded to you for games 500, 1000, and 1500. That's the only explanation.

:D

Good job Mark, you are obviously so intertwined with Pacers history that the boundary is indistinguishable. There will come a day that you aren't in that role and I can't begin to imagine what that will be like, but I know that it won't be right.

joeyd
03-31-2011, 12:08 AM
One mark of an excellent play-by-play guy is that he can create a picture in your mind of what is going on in the game as it is happening, regardless of what is happening. The good ones always have a way of making a radio broadcast nearly as exciting as a TV broadcast, and just as captivating. Mark, you certainly excel at what you do! Here's to another 2K!

imawhat
03-31-2011, 03:46 AM
Amazing. Easily my favorite for the descriptive, straight-forward, non-biased basketball-focused play-by-play. Listening to Mark's broadcasts during the '93-'94 season is what got me head first into the Pacers.

Drewtone
03-31-2011, 07:56 AM
Though it's easy to take for granted, including with Slick, as an expat in Canada, the (increasingly many) occaisions I hear Mark/Slick, whether a soundbite or full feed, I feel like I've never left Indy... aside from being superb at what he does, Mark brings me a little piece of home wherever I am, and it's most appreciated.

Unclebuck
03-31-2011, 08:19 AM
One mark of an excellent play-by-play guy is that he can create a picture in your mind of what is going on in the game as it is happening, regardless of what is happening. The good ones always have a way of making a radio broadcast nearly as exciting as a TV broadcast, and just as captivating. Mark, you certainly excel at what you do! Here's to another 2K!

Another mark of an excellent play-by-play guy is they make it seems easy, and Mark makes it seem like it is very easy. And when I hear other radio play by play guys I realize how difficult it really is.

mboyle1313
03-31-2011, 09:15 AM
All,

Thanks for the all the kind words. Last night, while overwhelming and not really my style, was still gratifying. It was nice to be recognized, and I especially enjoyed the new fatheads on display in Area 55. I had forgotten that I once had hair.

By the way, I note that croz24 says he often disagrees with my basketball opinions. Is he the only sane one on this board?

Thanks for all of your support over the years. I would say that I'm looking forward to another 2,000 games, but I'm quite certain that I'll be in a nursing home or an urn by then.

Regards,
MJB

Sollozzo
03-31-2011, 09:35 AM
Congrats, that's a huge milestone!

Roaming Gnome
03-31-2011, 02:05 PM
You sir, are one of the finest radio play by play broadcasters that I've listened to. I listen to many on a nightly basis.

Good work getting to 2,000.

able
03-31-2011, 02:27 PM
Mark; you made many a night here, with your commentary, and i frankly don't understand, you got a ball from Larry???

I mean Reggie played 1,533 games for the pacers, and never went the full 48 while at it, did not bother with intro's pre-games and outro's and he gets a Bentley whle you have to be happy with a ball ??

No wonder there's a lockout coming, I would strike for less!

RWB
03-31-2011, 04:37 PM
Mark; you made many a night here, with your commentary, and i frankly don't understand, you got a ball from Larry???

I mean Reggie played 1,533 games for the pacers, and never went the full 48 while at it, did not bother with intro's pre-games and outro's and he gets a Bentley whle you have to be happy with a ball ??

No wonder there's a lockout coming, I would strike for less!

You don't get the good stuff until you retire. However, Mark should look forward to the classic rocking chair and a refurbed Pacer car. :-p

Psyren
03-31-2011, 04:51 PM
Mark,

Thank you so much for all your years of excellent broadcasting with the Pacers. Yourself and Slick both truly do define Pacer basketball, and you are hands down on of the best broadcasters in the business.

Here's to another 2000, and be sure to tell Slick to get better soon!