PDA

View Full Version : Matt Painter Thinking Of Leaving Purdue?

presto123
03-29-2011, 06:44 PM
I am shocked! I thought he was as loyal as they come to that program. Wow.If all these incoming IU recruits pan out maybe Painter wants to get out of there before IU starts dominating again. :laugh:

PacerDude
03-29-2011, 07:05 PM
$.

It's always about $. $1.9 million isn't enough these days. I read where he wants more for his assistants. Well, maybe he should have asked for it instead of playing the "I'll take my ball and go home unless ......." game. Or, give a bit of the 1.9 for the assistants.

Anyway - he went and talked to them. Go. Enjoy. Have fun. Good luck. Adios MF. Purdue can get someone else that won't whine about 1.9.

Maybe he noticed that he hasn't recruited quite well over the last year or 2 and sees a few lean years coming. Or maybe he needs more $$ for more 90-weight for his hair.

Justin Tyme
03-29-2011, 07:31 PM
$.

It's always about $. $1.9 million isn't enough these days. I read where he wants more for his assistants. Well, maybe he should have asked for it instead of playing the "I'll take my ball and go home unless ......." game. Or, give a bit of the 1.9 for the assistants.

Anyway - he went and talked to them. Go. Enjoy. Have fun. Good luck. Adios MF. Purdue can get someone else that won't whine about 1.9.

Maybe he noticed that he hasn't recruited quite well over the last year or 2 and sees a few lean years coming. Or maybe he needs more $$ for more 90-weight for his hair.

Spoken like a true IU fan!

PacerDude
03-29-2011, 07:39 PM
Spoken like a true IU fan!
Actually - no. Just my thoughts. While I root for all the Indiana teams, I'm for the UConn Huskies at heart. Born and raised in Conn.

But, if what I read is true (wanting more for his assistants) - couldn't he / shouldn't he have gone to the AD or someone and talked about it ?? I would guess there are a lot of different ways to handle things other than the way he did. Which make me think he's just going after more $$. Tell me Purdue wouldn't have found 20K to get a car for an assistant. Tell me they couldn't come up with a little extra cash to appease his assistants. What I'm reading and hearing just doesn't make sense.

presto123
03-29-2011, 07:44 PM
Thought I read somewhere that Purdue would match whatever Mizzou offered? Where's Mackey Rose? I know he wants to weigh in on this. Where are all the other Purdue fans on here?

Really?
03-29-2011, 07:51 PM
I am shocked! I thought he was as loyal as they come to that program. Wow.If all these incoming IU recruits pan out maybe Painter wants to get out of there before IU starts dominating again. :laugh:

Yeah that has been a while, when was the last time IU dominated anything?

But check out this thread it might be kind of helpful to educate you all on the current situation.

Just found out about it the other day.

ECKrueger
03-29-2011, 07:53 PM
Thought I read somewhere that Purdue would match whatever Mizzou offered? Where's Mackey Rose? I know he wants to weigh in on this. Where are all the other Purdue fans on here?

In the Locker Room, where there is a Purdue thread?

presto123
03-29-2011, 07:53 PM
Yeah that has been a while, when was the last time IU dominated anything?

But check out this thread it might be kind of helpful to educate you all on the current situation.

Just found out about it the other day.

What thread?

Really?
03-29-2011, 07:54 PM
What thread?

http://www.pacersdigest.com/showthread.php?p=1204648#post1204648

sorry

Gamble1
03-29-2011, 09:32 PM
$.

I am pretty sure he asked for more cash behind closed doors but was probably not taken seriously enough. ITs all about leverage.

grace
03-29-2011, 09:52 PM
Does anyone remember when Bob Knight was talking about leaving IU for New Mexico? Granted it was 1992 so some of you might not have been born yet or were just too young to remember.

Will Galen
03-29-2011, 09:55 PM
Let him leave. Purdue could hire Bob Knight, he's not currently coaching anywhere.

grace
03-29-2011, 09:57 PM
Let him leave. Purdue could hire Bob Knight, he's not currently coaching anywhere.

I thought about that today. Can't decide if I'd :lmao: or :cry:

redfoster
03-29-2011, 10:01 PM
Jason Whitlock was spreading rumors about this last night and the Twitter world was freaking out for about 30 minutes. Of course it was made up, though.

Constellations
03-29-2011, 11:36 PM

BK would never do that. LOL. Fail.

Bball
03-30-2011, 03:39 AM
Does anyone remember when Bob Knight was talking about leaving IU for New Mexico? Granted it was 1992 so some of you might not have been born yet or were just too young to remember.

Yip... I remember him explaining it by saying either the NM AD or president was talking to him about his thoughts on potential coaching candidates and Knight decided he might be interested in it himself.

Bball
03-30-2011, 03:43 AM
I don't think Knight would be totally against coaching at Purdue. I think he still maintains a friendship with Jack...

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/sdm4Oi1YRZY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Since86
03-30-2011, 09:27 AM
Yip... I remember him explaining it by saying either the NM AD or president was talking to him about his thoughts on potential coaching candidates and Knight decided he might be interested in it himself.

Keady was on JMV monday and was talking about how he looked into going to Arizona, I think, in 1989 too.