PDA

View Full Version : Should the Pacers draft Kemba Walker?

The Sleeze
03-29-2011, 12:48 PM
If the Pacers end up picking 10th:mad: should they take Kemba Walker or trade the pick? He is currently projected to go 9th or 10th, but his stock could rise with his play in the tournament so far.

naptownmenace
03-29-2011, 12:56 PM
How are the Pacers going to wind up with the 10th pick? If they make the playoffs, they'll wind up with the 15th pick in the draft. If Kemba is still there at 15, they should definitely take a good look at him.

I'd rather have Shelvin Mack because. Kemba's has better PG skills and is a better penetrator but Mack is a better shooter, defender, and is much bigger. I don't think either player will be available when the Pacers make their selection.

The Sleeze
03-29-2011, 01:01 PM
I was basing the premise on if they get surpassed by the Bucks or Bobcats for the playoffs.

CooperManning
03-29-2011, 01:02 PM
I'd rather have Shelvin Mack because. Kemba's has better PG skills and is a better penetrator but Mack is a better shooter, defender, and is much bigger. I don't think either player will be available when the Pacers make their selection.

Mack's not going to be a lottery pick.

cdash
03-29-2011, 01:03 PM
Kemba nor Mack is an upgrade over Collison/Price. Draft a big like Kenneth Faried.

Sookie
03-29-2011, 01:03 PM
I love Kemba, I really do. I would argue that he's had the best season of any husky, ever.

However, he's a midget. Like..will make DC and TJ look big midget. (Although he is quite a big stronger than them) And he's not a pure PG, so that'll drive some here absolutely nuts.

I'd love to have Kemba on the team, but know what you're getting into. I think if we are going to go out and get another PG, it should probably be a vet. I would roll with DC and AJ for another year, but if you want another one, adding another young one is a bad idea.

vnzla81
03-29-2011, 01:06 PM
Please say no to another small guard in a point guards body........... :puke:

naptownmenace
03-29-2011, 01:10 PM

They said the same thing about Tyler a couple of years ago. A lot can change by the time the draft arrives. If he doesn't get selected in the lottery, my point still is the same. Mack is a better NBA prospect in a Kirk Heinrich/combo guard sort of way.

The Sleeze
03-29-2011, 01:11 PM
I'm on board with the Kenneth Faried pick. I'm not sure Kemba's scoring will translate to the NBA.

But if he does become a great scorer we can always have one of those "The Pacers could have had him and they got this guy" comments.

Lou Bega
03-29-2011, 01:12 PM
We draft either an athletic big man or an outside shooter maybe a Euro that can do both. Keep in mind we may lose Mc Roberts to free agency. Foster/ S Jones are expiring contracts.

I say No to Kemba Walker we already have one player from UCONN that can't pull his weight in the Indy's backcourt. If the Pacers are drafting 9th or 10th lets hope we can get a better player than Kemba Walker.

JB24
03-29-2011, 01:21 PM
If they end up not trading the pick, i like Tristan Thompson at 15.

The Jackson shimmy
03-29-2011, 01:55 PM
Walker won't last until #10. Unless the existing, NBA rules on perimeter D
are changed, he'll be impossible to guard off the bounce. How big a liability
he'll be on D due to his size in another question.

Unless a bunch of guys don't declare, Mack won't be chosen any earlier
than #20.

Speed
03-29-2011, 02:17 PM
I've liked Faried for 2 years now. He's a role player swimming a pool of guys who think they are stars and most won't be. I'd guess he'll dominate workouts from a hustle standpoint and be long gone before 15.

He's a niche guy, but he's good for 5 extra possessions a game I'd guess, come off the bench and improve your second units energy and effectiveness.

I just think he's a double digit rebounder from almost the start in the NBA if given minutes, you can figure something out about the rest of it, if you're a well managed team.

I think he'd bring exactly what Jeff Foster brings, but better, he just can't play center in any way.

Psyren
03-29-2011, 02:44 PM
Love Kemba's college game, but don't want him on our team.

I just don't think he's an upgrade to what we have. He's not a pure PG (some will turn this into a DC argument, I'm sure of it) and he's just so so so so so small.

I'd rather draft Faried as well. Or one of the Morris twins from Kansas.

pacer4ever
03-29-2011, 03:01 PM

Ya, He wont even be a 1st round pick maybe 25-30 if the draft is really really bad but i dont see him going in the first rd as it stands now.

LG33
03-29-2011, 03:06 PM
At the very least he'll have some familiarity with A.J. Price.

ksuttonjr76
03-29-2011, 03:17 PM
Just once...can we look at a PG that's at least 6'3"?

Trophy
03-29-2011, 03:19 PM
At this point, we should trade the pick.

Walker isn't going to fall back that far. Someone will come in and pick him up.

thatch3232
03-29-2011, 03:23 PM
If Harrison Barnes leaves for the draft, he will go earlier than our pick right? If for some reason he didnt, he'd be a nice 2 guard for us

CircleCity3318
03-29-2011, 03:35 PM
If Harrison Barnes leaves for the draft, he will go earlier than our pick right? If for some reason he didnt, he'd be a nice 2 guard for us

He will be long gone before our pick. He'll go top 5 no question about it

pacer4ever
03-29-2011, 03:36 PM

he is going top 1-5 nice try

Rogco
03-29-2011, 03:42 PM
If he's available, take him. But very little chance he's available at 15.

I'd love to get Mack in the second, or maybe McCamey. And if we don't draft a point guard we have to bring in Ben hansbrough for a trial! That would be awesome.

I wouldn't mind Knight or Smith in the first round. This really seems like a good draft to trade down and still get potential value (or at least as much value as where we will be drafting.)

The Sleeze
03-29-2011, 05:04 PM
I do not want to see Ben Hansbrough anywhere near Conseco unless he's there to cheer on Tyler

Hoop
03-29-2011, 05:55 PM
I like KY's Brandon Knight as a PG prospect, we'll probably have no shot at him though, unless we trade up a few spots.
<table id="nba_mock_consensus_table"><tbody><tr><td>
</td><td>
</td></tr></tbody></table>

owl
03-29-2011, 06:44 PM
Kenneth Varied would be at the top of the list for me at 15

Naptown_Seth
03-29-2011, 07:17 PM
Maybe I need to see more, but I love Walker's moves and quickness as it translates to the NBA game. He's not getting over on guys with size now, so it's not like he's going to lose his ability to score in traffic. He leaves people in the dust and in a far less one man show way than DC did at UCLA.

Certainly he's another Ellis where his reason for being out there is to go get his own points and let others feed off of that, but I think he'll do that at a much higher level than DC does which makes a big difference IMO.

Last year he was a mistake-prone mess, but he dialed up his game and showed tons of improvement, and that's also a good indicator for potential success.

I doubt he lasts to 10. Jimmer might not make it to 15th.

As I say a lot this year, I reserve my right to change my mind when I see more footage. :)

Really?
03-29-2011, 07:48 PM
NO...

Too many small pg's as it is.

Not sure what it is but I really just like size at the 1 it seems like it gives your team an advantage in a lot of situations.

But since Knight will most likely go a lot higher in the draft maybe if Darius Morris has a good showing in pre-draft workouts and shows that he is worth a top 20 pick we can grab him.

I would rather try to swap our pick with one for in the next draft, increase our chances at getting Austin Rivers... The next NBA superstar to be drafted... and yes I am willing to say this before he has even played a college game, just my opinion.

Constellations
03-30-2011, 02:57 AM
And if we don't draft a point guard we have to bring in Ben hansbrough for a trial! That would be awesome.

Having Ben and Tyler both on the Pacers would be very cool.

Keyword: Cool

pacer4ever
03-30-2011, 04:39 AM
Sookie did u just call in to JT the brick? The caller was talking UCONN womens basketball( a rae thing on a national sports show) . They said "we got Maya you dont" that sounds like something you would say. JT the brick is the best show out there.

Rogco
03-30-2011, 08:32 AM
[QUOTE=Really?;1204696]NO...

But since Knight will most likely go a lot higher in the draft maybe if Darius Morris has a good showing in pre-draft workouts and shows that he is worth a top 20 pick we can grab him.

QUOTE]

Is Morris entering the draft? Last I heard he was doing the exploratory work but I hadn't heard a yes or no. I'd be happy with giving him a shot.

I saw an article saying if we got Ben they'd be the HansBros. Could you imagine if Ben had the same intensity and Tyler? Ha! That would be awesome. And the guy can play...

Really?
03-30-2011, 08:37 AM
[QUOTE=Really?;1204696]NO...

QUOTE]

Is Morris entering the draft? Last I heard he was doing the exploratory work but I hadn't heard a yes or no. I'd be happy with giving him a shot.

I saw an article saying if we got Ben they'd be the HansBros. Could you imagine if Ben had the same intensity and Tyler? Ha! That would be awesome. And the guy can play...

Put his name in but hasn't got a agent yet so it is still up in the air, but yeah Ben will be one of those 2nd round draft picks that ends up being a key part of his team, this always happens to those high energy players that get overlooked for one reason or another.

Rogco
03-30-2011, 09:16 AM
[QUOTE=Rogco;1204821]

Put his name in but hasn't got a agent yet so it is still up in the air, but yeah Ben will be one of those 2nd round draft picks that ends up being a key part of his team, this always happens to those high energy players that get overlooked for one reason or another.

Yeah, I'd love to see him on the Pacers. He will be overlooked, but he was the Big East player of the Year, averaged 18.4 ppg, 3.9 rbg and 4.3 apg and shot .479 from the floor and .435 from three.

Ok, so I'm officially declaring myself a homer for Ben Hansbrough and Shelvin Mack. I really want at least one of the two guys in the upcoming draft, and neither would have to move far!

Sookie
03-30-2011, 12:05 PM
Sookie did u just call in to JT the brick? The caller was talking UCONN womens basketball( a rae thing on a national sports show) . They said "we got Maya you dont" that sounds like something you would say. JT the brick is the best show out there.

Nope, actually don't know what that show is.

"We have Maya and you don't" Is a variation of something I'd say. It's something most Uconn fans would say.

Geno said it about Taurasi (and it was more true for her than with Kemba and Maya) years ago. It became one of his most famous (and most repeated) quotes for WCBB fans and Uconn fans. Early in the year sports writers and Calhoun used the word play about Kemba..and some have used it with Maya.

Funny enough, I actually wouldn't say it about Maya. I don't put her in the same league as Kemba (never mind Taurasi) in terms of "I know we're going to win because we have her." I don't. I'm actually pretty nervous about Notre Dame (and Stanford if we get there and they get there) :laugh:

Hicks
03-30-2011, 12:21 PM
Maybe he'd be a nice guy to have, but I'm burned out on smaller point guards. I'd prefer someone with size.

Jared Sullinger
03-30-2011, 01:14 PM
I'm torn on Kemba. On one hand he's a 6', high-volume shooter with so-so point guard skills who seems redundant with Collison.

On the other, he has some very crafty moves and has the potential to be a better version of Darren, and I'm one who thinks D.C. is a solid starting point guard.

If he's there at 15 (assuming we're the worst playoff team, record-wise), I think he's worth taking a shot on. I'm not sure he's worth moving up for, though.

I'd prefer someone with size.

:twss:

cdash
03-30-2011, 01:16 PM
I'm torn on Kemba. On one hand he's a 6', high-volume shooter with so-so point guard skills who seems redundant with Collison.

On the other, he has some very crafty moves and has the potential to be a better version of Darren, and I'm one who thinks D.C. is a solid starting point guard.

If he's there at 15 (assuming we're the worst playoff team, record-wise), I think he's worth taking a shot on. I'm not sure he's worth moving up for, though.

Kemba is not 6'0.

I prefer Brandon Knight to Walker.

vnzla81
03-30-2011, 01:23 PM
Kemba is not 6'0.

Yeah he is like 5'7

Edit: and yes I would like to have knight too, even though he is like two years away to do anything in the NBA

Really?
03-30-2011, 01:28 PM
Kemba is not 6'0.

If even that, I would prefer Knight as well... he doesn't have to be a scorer to be effective.

We have a decent amount of scorers as it is, as long as he can hit the open shots and get it to players in position to score we should be good. Oh and cant forget the D, I like the fact that he is a book smart player as well 4.0 at UK sounds pretty good.

imbtyler
03-30-2011, 01:42 PM
Kemba's a good player, nice handle, good moves, great shots, can penetrate, has ice in his veins. But in agreement with some others, we don't need another small guard like that.

I still say we try to trade up and look to get Perry Jones as best we can. He's a tall PF who knows how to bust in the paint, and can help fill the 5 spot under necessary circumstances. I'd like to see him put on some muscle and start Dwight Howard-ing it up.

owl
03-30-2011, 01:51 PM
I want a point guard who can break down NBA defense. I am really surprised that Collison
has a very difficult time doing this. If you can break down an NBA defense you have something in a point guard.

Jared Sullinger
03-30-2011, 01:52 PM
I, too, would prefer Knight to Walker. In fact, Knight's right near the top of my realistic wish list.

Is Walker really in the neighborhood of 5'7"? I find that hard to believe considering ESPN and the UConn website both say 6'1". That'd be the most absurd exaggeration I've ever seen.

I'm gonna try to find some photos where his height can be reasonably estimated.

cdash
03-30-2011, 02:21 PM
I, too, would prefer Knight to Walker. In fact, Knight's right near the top of my realistic wish list.

Is Walker really in the neighborhood of 5'7"? I find that hard to believe considering ESPN and the UConn website both say 6'1". That'd be the most absurd exaggeration I've ever seen.

I'm not sure if he's 5'7, but he sure as hell isn't 6'1.

Really?
03-30-2011, 02:25 PM
Kemba's a good player, nice handle, good moves, great shots, can penetrate, has ice in his veins. But in agreement with some others, we don't need another small guard like that.

I still say we try to trade up and look to get Perry Jones as best we can. He's a tall PF who knows how to bust in the paint, and can help fill the 5 spot under necessary circumstances. I'd like to see him put on some muscle and start Dwight Howard-ing it up.

Probably closer to 5'10" maybe 5'11"

Jones has potential to be Great probably wants to play more of a 3/4 than a 4/5 but Yeah I wonder what it would take to trade up and get him... probably a lot, I couldn't see it happen

Jared Sullinger
03-30-2011, 02:25 PM
Kemba and 6'4" Omari Lawrence (from October '07)...

http://img832.imageshack.us/img832/9875/84223951.jpg

Kemba and 6'8" Roscoe Smith...

http://img683.imageshack.us/img683/4195/62957895.jpg

Kemba, 6'4" Donnell Beverly and 7' Charles Okwandu...

http://img16.imageshack.us/img16/7986/18085083.jpg

Really?
03-30-2011, 02:35 PM
Darren Collison was 6-1 before he got drafted too

http://www.nbadraft.net/players/darren-collison

Jared Sullinger
03-30-2011, 02:43 PM
Darren Collison was 6-1 before he got drafted too

http://www.nbadraft.net/players/darren-collison

Collison's predraft measurements (http://www.draftexpress.com/nba-pre-draft-measurements/?page=&year=2009&source=Predraft+Camp&sort2=DESC&draft=30&pos=1&sort=) are 6'0.25" barefoot and 6.1.5" in shoes.

He measured the exact same height as Jeff Teague, who's listed at 6'2" in the NBA, and measured an inch taller than Jonny Flynn, who's listed as 6' (the same as D.C.).

Really?
03-30-2011, 02:58 PM
Collison's predraft measurements (http://www.draftexpress.com/nba-pre-draft-measurements/?page=&year=2009&source=Predraft+Camp&sort2=DESC&draft=30&pos=1&sort=) are 6'0.25" barefoot and 6.1.5" in shoes.

He measured the exact same height as Jeff Teague, who's listed at 6'2" in the NBA, and measured an inch taller than Jonny Flynn, who's listed as 6' (the same as D.C.).

Ok, sorry I must be tripping... thanks

Thought he was 5'11" or 6

imbtyler
03-30-2011, 03:54 PM
Jones has potential to be Great probably wants to play more of a 3/4 than a 4/5 but Yeah I wonder what it would take to trade up and get him... probably a lot, I couldn't see it happen

It absolutely depends on how the lottery goes. DX has Jones going 5th to Toronto (mynbadraft.com has him 4th to Raps), and nba-draft.net says he could go 9th to Milwaukee. Of course, we can't know where he'll go, due to this draft class not having a relatively-definite order as far as level of players.

In any situation, I think Granger could land us a pick from either of those teams, if it could ensure we'd pick him up, but I don't think Granger would be worth Jones this early, unless we picked up additional pieces from the team.

Of course, there's always the chance we go 0-7, drop out of the playoffs, and the lottery balls fall our way (miraculously, needless to say), and we can pick him up all on our own around 5-8.

I've got a lot of faith in this kid. He's fast, can handle, and brings massive energy and athleticism to the PF spot, which we could use when/if we lose Josh in the offseason. He also has potential to play either forward spot and the center position, which increases his value to us; it'd be better to fill the two PF/C backup spots with one person that can successfully play both.

Twin Towers: Roy and PJ3.

Sookie
03-30-2011, 03:54 PM
I'm not sure if he's 5'7, but he sure as hell isn't 6'1.

Price towered over him, when they played together, and AJ's a little under 6'1.

He's also around the same height (maybe I'll give him a half an inch taller to an inch taller..but that's honestly being generous) than Caroline Doty (woman's player whom I have seen next to Kemba)..who is listed as 5'10..so is probably somewhere between 5'8 and 5'9

So I give Kemba somewhere between 5'8-5'10. Regardless, he's shorter than every player on the Pacers' team. Although if I had to guess, stronger than TJ and DC maybe AJ too. But it's funny, because as he's being noticed more and more on the professional stage, his height has kept increasing. I think as a freshman he was listed around 5'11..and we even chuckled at that.

ilive4sports
03-30-2011, 04:13 PM
Maybe I need to see more, but I love Walker's moves and quickness as it translates to the NBA game. He's not getting over on guys with size now, so it's not like he's going to lose his ability to score in traffic. He leaves people in the dust and in a far less one man show way than DC did at UCLA.

Certainly he's another Ellis where his reason for being out there is to go get his own points and let others feed off of that, but I think he'll do that at a much higher level than DC does which makes a big difference IMO.

Last year he was a mistake-prone mess, but he dialed up his game and showed tons of improvement, and that's also a good indicator for potential success.

I doubt he lasts to 10. Jimmer might not make it to 15th.

As I say a lot this year, I reserve my right to change my mind when I see more footage. :)

This is what I see too. To me the kid is a straight up baller who knows how to score. I don't care how short he may be, he can play the game of basketball pretty damn well.

owl
03-30-2011, 04:30 PM
Kemba Walker=Travis Best?

Jared Sullinger
03-30-2011, 04:44 PM
I don't think Walker is 6'1", but I don't think he's 5'7"-5'8", either. From the photos above, I'd guess that he's about 5'11" in shoes. If so, I could see him slipping out of the lottery.

Troy Bell was a 2x Big East Player of the Year, averaged 25/5/4 coming out and measured 6'2" in shoes during the draft combine. He ended up being drafted 16th. I think that's a good reference point to where Walker ends up unless a lot of prospects return to school.

cdash
03-30-2011, 05:36 PM
I don't think Walker is 6'1", but I don't think he's 5'7"-5'8", either. From the photos above, I'd guess that he's about 5'11" in shoes. If so, I could see him slipping out of the lottery.

Troy Bell was a 2x Big East Player of the Year, averaged 25/5/4 coming out and measured 6'2" in shoes during the draft combine. He ended up being drafted 16th. I think that's a good reference point to where Walker ends up unless a lot of prospects return to school.

...and Troy Bell sucked in the NBA.

Really?
03-30-2011, 06:48 PM
It absolutely depends on how the lottery goes. DX has Jones going 5th to Toronto (mynbadraft.com has him 4th to Raps), and nba-draft.net says he could go 9th to Milwaukee. Of course, we can't know where he'll go, due to this draft class not having a relatively-definite order as far as level of players.

In any situation, I think Granger could land us a pick from either of those teams, if it could ensure we'd pick him up, but I don't think Granger would be worth Jones this early, unless we picked up additional pieces from the team.

Of course, there's always the chance we go 0-7, drop out of the playoffs, and the lottery balls fall our way (miraculously, needless to say), and we can pick him up all on our own around 5-8.

I've got a lot of faith in this kid. He's fast, can handle, and brings massive energy and athleticism to the PF spot, which we could use when/if we lose Josh in the offseason. He also has potential to play either forward spot and the center position, which increases his value to us; it'd be better to fill the two PF/C backup spots with one person that can successfully play both.

Twin Towers: Roy and PJ3.

The way this lab is looking with a bunch of underclassman saying that they will be staying in college you never know what is going to happen isn't the deadline to declare like may 8th or something... we will know pretty soon

oxxo
03-30-2011, 10:02 PM
This is what I see too. To me the kid is a straight up baller who knows how to score. I don't care how short he may be, he can play the game of basketball pretty damn well.

There's a big difference between the college game and the pro game. There are numerous examples of prolific college scorers struggling in the NBA because of the lack of size/athleticism (eg Adam Morrison).

And it's not like he has been absolutely crushing the competition. So far he's been a relatively inefficient volume shooter.

pacer4ever
03-31-2011, 01:00 AM
There's a big difference between the college game and the pro game. There are numerous examples of prolific college scorers struggling in the NBA because of the lack of size/athleticism (eg Adam Morrison).

And it's not like he has been absolutely crushing the competition. So far he's been a relatively inefficient volume shooter.

J.J Barea has made it in the NBA at 5"10 so Kemba should also Kemba has a better skill set. Barea is a rotation player for a very very good mavs team.

Spirit
03-31-2011, 06:41 AM
I'd move up to get Brandon Knight.

vnzla81
04-02-2011, 11:22 PM
18 6 and 7 for Kemba today :-o

Sookie
04-02-2011, 11:47 PM
18 6 and 7 for Kemba today :-o

Best season for a Uconn men's player ever. Period.

I've seen one other Husky have a season like this (similar circumstances..her freshmen weren't as good though.) Just amazing. And I never would have dreamed it.

Mackey_Rose
04-03-2011, 06:26 AM
Kemba Walker=Travis Best?

He looks like Jason Terry to me.

Jared Sullinger
04-05-2011, 12:07 AM
5-19 from the field and 0 assists.

ilive4sports
04-05-2011, 02:28 AM

Pretty good considering how everyone else played in the game.

DemonHunter1105
04-05-2011, 02:32 AM
It will be interesting to see how he plays with more shooters and weapons around him in the NBA. My guess is he won't try to make so many individual plays, or at least he won't need to make them. Then we will really see if he has good enough court vision and passing skills to make it.

kellogg
04-05-2011, 06:37 AM
Everytime someone mentions Kemba Walker, I somehow get these Mateen Cleaves flashbacks...

Swish
04-05-2011, 06:53 AM
Best season for a Uconn men's player ever. Period.

1993-1994 Donyell Marshall would like to have a word.

Shade
04-05-2011, 07:24 AM
At #15, I'd be fine with taking a shot at Walker. Don't see him being there at #15, though.

Shade
04-05-2011, 07:26 AM

Credit Butler's defense. They shut down pretty much every backcourt they faced, no matter how talented. I fully expected them to lock down Kemba.

What I didn't expect, however, was that horrific shooting performance. If Butler had managed to shoot even a palty 30%, they'd probably be champs right now.

naptownmenace
04-05-2011, 10:12 AM
Everytime someone mentions Kemba Walker, I somehow get these Mateen Cleaves flashbacks...

Bad comparison, IMO. Mateen Cleaves couldn't score like Kemba and he wasn't as quick. Kemba also gets the nod in defense and rebounding. However, Cleaves was a better passer.

Cleaves had a 12.5 ppg average in college and his best season, which was his sophomore season, he topped out at 16 ppg.

Kemba averaged over 23 ppg this season and 16 ppg for his career.

Kemba is more like a stronger TJ Ford, IMO. Jay Williams compared him to Ty Lawson, which is also a good comparison.

Spirit
04-05-2011, 10:28 AM
I'm usually really good at predicting how well a player plays in the NBA, and I really don't see him as much of an upgrade over Collison.

owl
04-05-2011, 10:59 AM
Travis Best

yr min fg% 3% ft% reb apg tpg blk stl pts
94-95 Ga Tech 37.2 44.6 38.0 84.7 3.2 5.0 2.3 0.2 2.0 20.2

If you want a player like Travis Best then I would say go ahead and get him. Travis actually shot for a better fg%. Similar size.
If he drops to 15 then maybe take him but the Pacers really need a larger, athletic guard and I would be all for going after a Knight or droping down and getting 2 players wth
one being Nolan Smith. I think the best thing would be to take Faried at 15 and giggle all the way to the bank.

aaronb
04-05-2011, 11:05 AM

As would Ray Allen and Emeka Okafor.

Hicks
04-05-2011, 11:07 AM
Do I think Kemba is a catch in this draft? Probably.

But I still think this draft sounds unusually bad. I'm not excited about it in the least. If we wound up with Jimmer or Kimba, I'd assume we did well, and that's sad.

DGPR
04-05-2011, 11:11 AM
There is still some value to be had at #15 in this draft but I'd still hope to trade the pick in a package to get a talented veteran.

aaronb
04-05-2011, 11:11 AM
Do I think Kemba is a catch in this draft? Probably.

But I still think this draft sounds unusually bad. I'm not excited about it in the least. If we wound up with Jimmer or Kimba, I'd assume we did well, and that's sad.

Absolutely agree. I don't think anyone in this draft goes top 5 last year?

owl
04-05-2011, 11:23 AM
Or trade down and get Darius Morris.

DGPR
04-05-2011, 11:26 AM
Absolutely agree. I don't think anyone in this draft goes top 5 last year?

I think Kyrie Irving would have.

aaronb
04-05-2011, 11:59 AM
I think Kyrie Irving would have.

One and done PG's seem to have a weak track record overall. Especially an undersized/smallish one with very real injury concerns.

He will surely go top 3 in this draft. Just not anything close to a sure thing as an NBA prospect.

cdash
04-05-2011, 12:07 PM
One and done PG's seem to have a weak track record overall. Especially an undersized/smallish one with very real injury concerns.

He will surely go top 3 in this draft. Just not anything close to a sure thing as an NBA prospect.

I don't really think Kyrie Irving is undersized. 6'2 182lbs is what he is listed at.

BRushWithDeath
04-05-2011, 12:08 PM
One and done PG's seem to have a weak track record overall.

What league are you watching?

aaronb
04-05-2011, 12:28 PM
What league are you watching?

Overall PG's are the least effective one and done's. Rose and to a slightly lesser extent John Wall both have lived up to advanced billings. Both guys are beasts who came with NBA bodies though.

Smaller PG's like Mike Conley, Johnny Flynn and DJ Augustin had more of a development curve.

The best prospects are always 1 and done regardless. Just seems to be a steeper learning curve with smallish PG's.

cdash
04-05-2011, 12:33 PM
Overall PG's are the least effective one and done's. Rose and to a slightly lesser extent John Wall both have lived up to advanced billings. Both guys are beasts who came with NBA bodies though.

Smaller PG's like Mike Conley, Johnny Flynn and DJ Augustin had more of a development curve.

The best prospects are always 1 and done regardless. Just seems to be a steeper learning curve with smallish PG's.

Flynn and Augustin both played multiple years in college.

Sookie
04-05-2011, 12:35 PM

He didn't do what Kemba just did. Nor did Okafor and Ray.

If I had to guess, Kemba's not going to be that fantastic in the pros. Just too small. (Take him at 15 though) But in terms of what he did in college. This season, he's number 1.

Jared Sullinger
04-05-2011, 12:44 PM
Recent one-and-done point guards...

John Wall
Eric Bledsoe
J'rue Holiday
Brandon Jennings (Europe)
Derrick Rose
Jerryd Bayless
Mike Conley

Jared Sullinger
04-05-2011, 12:54 PM
Emeka Okafor's junior season (http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/o/okafoem01.html) at UConn...

17.6 ppg
11.5 rpg (3rd)
4.1 bpg (1st)
.599 FG%

First Team All-America
Big East Player of the Year
National Defensive Player of the Year
NCAA Tournament Most Outstanding Player
NCAA National Championship

aaronb
04-05-2011, 12:57 PM
Emeka Okafor's junior season (http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/o/okafoem01.html) at UConn...

17.6 ppg
11.5 rpg (3rd)
4.1 bpg (1st)
.599 FG%

First Team All-America

If you remember back to his draft year. People were a little shocked that Dwight Howard ended up going 1 instead of Okafor? The ESPN talking head round table went round and round about it.

Sookie
04-05-2011, 12:58 PM

17.6 ppg
11.5 rpg (3rd)
4.1 bpg (1st)
.599 FG%

First Team All-America

And he played with Ben Gordon, Charlie V. And wasn't the leader of the team (Taliek ) ..and there were many more talented players on that team that I'm forgetting.

I love Okafor, trust me. But he didn't have a better season than Kemba had.

Kemba just won the national championship with a bunch of freshmen all of the other key players besides Kemba not having any NCAA experience. (IF they were on the FF team, they didn't play at all. )

And not only did he win the NCAA..he won the big east tourney..five games in five days.

So it's not that those guys didn't have remarkable seasons. But what Kemba did was astounding.

DemonHunter1105
04-05-2011, 01:10 PM
So it's not that those guys didn't have remarkable seasons. But what Kemba did was astounding.

I still think you are giving him too much credit. He has a wow factor to him, but I think it is a super stretch to say he just had the best season of any UCONN men's player ever.

I think you are overvaluing him because he was the best player on a team no one had high hopes for at the beginning of the year. This year there were no super power teams for them to run into so it wasn't as improbable of a run. That being said, I don't want to take anything away from them actually winning the championship since it is still a great feat.

PaceBalls
04-05-2011, 01:12 PM
And he played with Ben Gordon, Charlie V. And wasn't the leader of the team (Taliek ) ..and there were many more talented players on that team that I'm forgetting.

I love Okafor, trust me. But he didn't have a better season than Kemba had.

Kemba just won the national championship with a bunch of freshmen all of the other key players besides Kemba not having any NCAA experience. (IF they were on the FF team, they didn't play at all. )

And not only did he win the NCAA..he won the big east tourney..five games in five days.

I think the biggest difference is that Okarfor's team with Charlie and Ben were expected to win it all. Anything less would have been a huge disappointment.

Compare that to this years UConn team. They had no business winning the Championship, let alone the Big East tourney. I don't think anyone expected to win it except the Huskies themselves. So even if Kemba isn't as talented as some of the past greats, he still had one of the best seasons ever.

cdash
04-05-2011, 01:15 PM
Calhoun makes my skin crawl. Top 5 dirtiest coaches in college basketball. Sorry, it was going to come out somewhere. Might as well be here. My apologies Sookie.

DemonHunter1105
04-05-2011, 01:20 PM
Calhoun makes my skin crawl. Top 5 dirtiest coaches in college basketball. Sorry, it was going to come out somewhere. Might as well be here. My apologies Sookie.

Hey, don't worry you are not the only one.

One of these days I feel like he is going to reveal his true identity is Darth Sidious.

Sookie
04-05-2011, 01:27 PM
I still think you are giving him too much credit. He has a wow factor to him, but I think it is a super stretch to say he just had the best season of any UCONN men's player ever.

I think you are overvaluing him because he was the best player on a team no one had high hopes for at the beginning of the year. This year there were no super power teams for them to run into so it wasn't as improbable of a run. That being said, I don't want to take anything away from them actually winning the championship since it is still a great feat.

Honestly, after they won the Big East, part of me thought they were going to win it all.

When both the men's and the women's teams were in the final four..I said to a few friends "Funny, I'm more worried about the women than the men." This was the -only lost one game the entire season and has won the past two championships with the best player in the country- women's team..and Kemba and a couple of freshmen.

I'm not saying Kemba will be the best pro. (Quite frankly, I doubt he ends up better than AJ) I'm not saying there wasn't luck involved, and I'm not saying that the other guys didn't play well.

But if you watched Kemba the entire season, and watched how he led that group of kids, how he performed at the biggest moments, how he was more clutch at more times than any Uconn men's player I've seen. Period. Kemba did this on his own. He didn't have anyone to help with leadership, and when the chips were down, it was all on him. And in the end..those kids..Lamb, Napier, Smith...all thought they were going to win because they had Kemba. That says enough.

I've seen one other Uconn player (womens) have a more remarkable season than Kemba. (She did something similar..twice)

Not even saying Kemba is the best Husky ever. But I'm saying he's had the best season of any husky. And pretty much, universally, any husky fan would tell you that.

edit: Re-Calhoun. I'm not as big of a fan of Jim as I am Geno. Coaching or otherwise. But I'll say..and I know "cheaters say others cheat" ...I don't think he's any dirtier than any other top college coach. With the exception of Stevens. (Who IMO, is a top college coach at this point) The phone calls, I roll my eyes over that. The agent..I don't know the whole story, I doubt anyone does, except people directly involved. (I do know that Nate Mile's story about how he got expelled because Uconn knew they were going to get in trouble and didn't want him there, isn't true.)

aaronb
04-05-2011, 01:28 PM
Honestly, after they won the Big East, part of me thought they were going to win it all.

When both the men's and the women's teams were in the final four..I said to a few friends "Funny, I'm more worried about the women than the men." This was the -only lost one game the entire season and has won the past two championships with the best player in the country- women's team..and Kemba and a couple of freshmen.

I'm not saying Kemba will be the best pro. (Quite frankly, I doubt he ends up better than AJ) I'm not saying there wasn't luck involved, and I'm not saying that the other guys didn't play well.

But if you watched Kemba the entire season, and watched how he led that group of kids, how he performed at the biggest moments, how he was more clutch at more times than any Uconn men's player I've seen. Period.

I've seen one other Uconn player (womens) have a more remarkable season than Kemba. (She did something similar..twice)

Not even saying Kemba is the best Husky ever. But I'm saying he's had the best season of any husky. And pretty much, universally, any husky fan would tell you that.

College BB in general seemed to lack overall talent this year. VCU and Butler in the final 4. No real consensus top 5 draft picks.

Feels more like "Tallest midget" syndrome than a once in a lifetime talent situation?

Pacergeek
04-05-2011, 01:34 PM
kemba walker reminds me of Juan Dixon. Both outstanding college players that won titles, but are too small for the NBA. I actually think the best pro prospect on UCONN is Jeremy Lamb.

DemonHunter1105
04-05-2011, 01:45 PM
I am not sure. When I think of Kemba, I think, "dynamic player - give the ball to him when you don't know what else to do."

He was super clutch in a few situations this year. I just don't think the team would have collapsed or been that much worse off had they lost those couple of games. I didn't feel like he was carrying the team in the tourney really. When he had bad games, the rest of the team stepped up. They also all played really good defense which covered up some of his deficiencies. I just don't see it honestly.

Replace Kemba with a decent player, there is still a chance UCONN can go all the way because of the talent and coaching pedigree they have there. I don't think they would have, but it isn't out of the realm of possibility.

5 years from now, if Kemba doesn't make it in the NBA (so that I won't be hearing his name as often), and someone asks me about this season and who some of the great players were, I would name Jimmer, JaJuan (bias), Sullinger, D Williams, and maybe a couple of others. I feel like I might forget about Kemba.

UCONN fans can think anything they want, I am just saying as a general fan I would not be surprised if that happened. I don't think his season will leave a lasting impression on me.

Sookie
04-05-2011, 01:58 PM
I am not sure. When I think of Kemba, I think, "dynamic player - give the ball to him when you don't know what else to do."

He was super clutch in a few situations this year. I just don't think the team would have collapsed or been that much worse off had they lost those couple of games. I didn't feel like he was carrying the team in the tourney really. When he had bad games, the rest of the team stepped up. They also all played really good defense which covered up some of his deficiencies. I just don't see it honestly.

Replace Kemba with a decent player, there is still a chance UCONN can go all the way because of the talent and coaching pedigree they have there. I don't think they would have, but it isn't out of the realm of possibility.

5 years from now, if Kemba doesn't make it in the NBA (so that I won't be hearing his name as often), and someone asks me about this season and who some of the great players were, I would name Jimmer, JaJuan (bias), Sullinger, D Williams, and maybe a couple of others. I feel like I might forget about Kemba.

UCONN fans can think anything they want, I am just saying as a general fan I would not be surprised if that happened. I don't think his season will leave a lasting impression on me.

Well, Uconn fans sort of have an advantage when comparing Husky players.

It's fine if you forget it, I doubt I ever will. A player playing the way Kemba did doesn't happen very often. Kemba Walker's intangibles were the difference this season and that was the difference between him and any of the other Uconn players mentioned. And no, unless another player was capable of being the kind of leader he was..as well as being the kind of dynamic player Kemba was (and there wasn't another player this season) that team doesn't win a championship. Heck, that team might not have made the tournament. (Because of how young they were/are. I mean, Roscoe, Giffey, Napier and Lamb are all very good players. Just very very young.)

BRushWithDeath
04-05-2011, 02:06 PM
Recent one-and-done point guards...

John Wall
Eric Bledsoe
J'rue Holiday
Brandon Jennings (Europe)
Derrick Rose
Jerryd Bayless
Mike Conley

Bunch of failures, that group.

The only one who could be considered a disappointment is Bayless and he's not been a bust by any stretch.

Justin Tyme
04-05-2011, 02:10 PM
Just what the Pacers don't need... another midget PG! Nothing like drafting another even smaller PG to be the b/u's b/u! Quit falling in love with players that have a good NCAA run! This time last year it was Gordon H of Bulter or some IU hopeful in the past. Oh where oh where is Hal Wilmont?

15th pick in this draft isn't going to get much, so trade the pick for a player that can have a future with the Pacers instead of drafting an end of the bench player who's contribution will be far and few if any. You have absolutely NO guarantee the next Pacer coach will be a developer of youth. Then all next season this forum will be crying about how this super duper NCAA tournament mighty midget isn't getting any PT. Trade the pick of a long term project for an NBA player who can truly contribute next year and be part of the core going forward!

End of rant.

DemonHunter1105
04-05-2011, 02:14 PM
Well, Uconn fans sort of have an advantage when comparing Husky players.

I am not sure if advantage is the right word. Uconn fans will tend to have more of an emotional connection, root for guys to do good because of non-basketball related things, and give too much praise to players that might not be as good as they think if they like them.

Same goes for anyone else and whoever they root for. I wouldn't expect someone else to blindly trust my judgement of who has had the best season as a Pacer in the past 10 years. I could narrow it down to 3-4 guys probably. JO, Artest, Reggie, and Danny. Well, initially I would want to lean towards Danny and Reggie since I like them more. If you reflect on it more, JO and Artest have probably had better individual seasons it is just harder to admit it since the brawl is always associated with them.

All I really know about most of UCONN's players is how they played the game of basketball and how their season's went. I don't know anything about the "person" that they are and that is probably the best when it comes to analyses of their careers by season while trying to avoid being biased.

Sookie
04-05-2011, 02:21 PM
I am not sure if advantage is the right word. Uconn fans will tend to have more of an emotional connection, root for guys to do good because of non-basketball related things, and give too much praise to players that might not be as good as they think if they like them.

Same goes for anyone else and whoever they root for. I wouldn't expect someone else to blindly trust my judgement of who has had the best season as a Pacer in the past 10 years. I could narrow it down to 3-4 guys probably. JO, Artest, Reggie, and Danny. Well, initially I would want to lean towards Danny and Reggie since I like them more. If you reflect on it more, JO and Artest have probably had better individual seasons it is just harder to admit it since the brawl is always associated with them.

All I really know about most of UCONN's players is how they played the game of basketball and how their season's went. I don't know anything about the "person" that they are and that is probably the best when it comes to analyses of their careers by season while trying to avoid being biased.

That's fair...but Kemba is being compared to two of the most likable Uconn players ever (Ray and Okafor.) And I love Ray. And I love Okafor..(albeit for completely non basketball related reasons. :D)

But it's really pretty logical. This isn't a fan mentality. No other Uconn player did what Kemba Walker did. No other Uconn player lead a team of freshmen to winning 5 games in 5 days for a Big East championship, and then went on to win the championship.

Are circumstances a part of it? Yea. That doesn't change the fact that Kemba did it, and no other guy did.

Was he the best Husky ever? Now that's debatable.

Will he be the best Husky pro..I very much doubt it.

But best season. To me it's not even debatable.

DemonHunter1105
04-05-2011, 02:29 PM
But best season. To me it's not even debatable.

I can imagine thinking the same thing if I was a UCONN fan I guess. It isn't as obvious to me, but I think it is debatable.

As for us drafting him, I would prefer someone else. If we do draft him, it will be like when we selected Tyler. I will be mad at first, then slowly come around to accepting the fact and seeing why we would take a chance on him.

DaveP63
04-05-2011, 02:43 PM
Is he good? Yes. Is he better than what we have now? I don't think anyone can be sure. Am I a little reluctant to attribute God like super powers to him at this young age? Yes.

ilive4sports
04-05-2011, 02:55 PM

In the 5 games in the tourny that UCONN played before the title game Kemba was scoring 60% of their points. If thats not carrying the team then I dont know what is. To me relying on a player that heavily and still winning is quite remarkable, which is why Kemba had arguably the best season ever.

Pacergeek
04-05-2011, 03:32 PM
if you are comparing UCONN players, its highly unlikely that Walker could be as good as Rudy Gay.

cdash
04-05-2011, 03:33 PM
I have an opinion, but I want to ask others: Who do you prefer between Kemba and Jimmer? Kemba/Brandon Knight?

Pacergeek
04-05-2011, 03:36 PM
I have an opinion, but I want to ask others: Who do you prefer between Kemba and Jimmer? Kemba/Brandon Knight?

i like both jimmer and brandon over kemba. knight looks quick and explosive. jimmer can shoot lights out, a skill that can get you a career in the NBA.

BRushWithDeath
04-05-2011, 03:42 PM

Brandon Knight
Jimmer Fredette
Kemba Walker

In that order.

cdash
04-05-2011, 03:45 PM
Brandon Knight
Jimmer Fredette
Kemba Walker

In that order.

Yeah, that is my order as well. I'm not in love with Brandon Knight as far as Calipari point guards go, but he would add some much needed height to our PG position and would be an upgrade over AJ Price imo.

Pacergeek
04-05-2011, 03:50 PM
Yeah, that is my order as well. I'm not in love with Brandon Knight as far as Calipari point guards go, but he would add some much needed height to our PG position and would be an upgrade over AJ Price imo.

clear upgrade over aj and dc. knight won't be there when it our turn to draft though. his stock is up after his tournament run.

kind of random, but Leuer's stock has plummeted after the Butler game. i can't remember anyone's stock falling so rapidly after a poor showing in the tournament. Leuer didn't do anything in the most important game in the season though.

DemonHunter1105
04-05-2011, 03:57 PM
Brandon Knight
Jimmer Fredette
Kemba Walker

In that order.

I agree with you. I have a feeling Kemba could be better than Jimmer but definitely want B-Knight first.

cdash
04-05-2011, 03:59 PM
clear upgrade over aj and dc.

Don't agree with this. I guess I am one of the few people who still likes DC. His defense blows, but it's insanely difficult to guard opposing PGs with the hand check rules that are currently in place. I am not ready to give up on him yet.

Sookie
04-05-2011, 04:14 PM
Don't agree with this. I guess I am one of the few people who still likes DC. His defense blows, but it's insanely difficult to guard opposing PGs with the hand check rules that are currently in place. I am not ready to give up on him yet.

I don't either.

Kemba's more talented than either (on both sides of the ball). Although less of a point guard than both. (yea..) And he'll make them look like huge point guards.

He's a good kid. He did all the right things, and I hope he makes a ton of money because of how he played this year. But it's not going to shock me in the least if he's a "bust" because he's just so freaking tiny.

I'd still take him at 15 though.

I like DC too. I don't think PG is a position of need. I think they are both young, in their second year (essentially first for AJ) and had some really bad moments, and have some flaws they need to correct. But they are..and people can't forget this..second year point guards. It takes a while. We've just gotta deal with it.

Don't PG's usually make a big jump their third year? Let's wait and see. Maybe DC improves his court vision and defense over the summer, and maybe AJ becomes more consistently the Miami/Boston AJ instead of the Sacramento AJ.

The Sleeze
04-05-2011, 08:47 PM
I understand Kemba is small, but everybody acts like he's Earl Boykins or Mugsy Bogues.

PacerDude
04-05-2011, 08:58 PM
Brandon Knight
Jimmer Fredette
Kemba Walker

In that order.
Unless Jimmer is a 2nd rounder, we could do better. We struggle with defense already and have enough guys willing to chuck it up.

D-BONE
04-05-2011, 09:02 PM
Draft Kemba?

Depends on who else is on the board when we pick. Rather get a more physical presence at 4, 5, 4/5, or 1, or trade the pick if it can get us one of those from elsewhere.

My guess being by our selection there won't be anyone who can really improve us in physicality, then I say trade it or possibly take Kemba if he's there.

But, man, this team needs some serious physical (and mental) toughness.

Naptown_Seth
04-05-2011, 09:06 PM

As I say a lot this year, I reserve my right to change my mind when I see more footage.
Yeah, after watching some more I think I agree with this too. I'm getting convinced of why Walker has tracked lower than his star power would suggest.

Kemba is incredibly explosive and has a ton of good moves to get open, but he continues to prove that he can be awful when it comes to finishing. I know he needs help but still.

And then seeing his size vs the otherwise undersized Butler team really drove home just how "Earl Boykins" he's going to be out there. He needs a more reliable mid-jumper if he wants to get by as the ultra quick but very small PG type.

DC has a big advantage over Kemba due to the short jumper game IMO.

Jimmer is still going to face quickness issues. BUT he's got that upper body strength that is unusual for the PG/Swing G position. He can literally move people out of his way and push through shot blocks and ball swipes.

This draft sure does stink though.

Justin Tyme
04-06-2011, 10:46 AM
I understand Kemba is small, but everybody acts like he's Earl Boykins or Mugsy Bogues.

Don't forget Spud Webb. Walker may never be as good as any of them in the NBA. I just don't see the fascination of drafting "another" small PG that I don't see being as good as Collison. NBA players can change their games by improving certain aspects of it, but the one thing they CAN'T do to improve is grow height.

Again, Walker isn't the answer for the Pacers, so no need to waste a pick on him. Let some other team do it.

The Sleeze
04-06-2011, 11:02 AM
...NBA players can change their games by improving certain aspects of it, but the one thing they CAN'T do to improve is grow height...

I beg to differ......exhibit A:

http://www.hoopskills.com/images/miva/blackshoe.jpg

Really?
04-07-2011, 12:20 PM
Not sure if anyone has already said this, but Kemba to this point reminds me of Acie Law.

Hopefully he doesn't have the same outcome when he gets to the league.

Lou Bega
04-20-2011, 10:35 AM
With the talk of the lack of a closer on the roster could the Pacers move up in the draft and pick up Kemba Walker? This may be a wiser move then overpaying for a playing in the free agent market.

Really?
04-20-2011, 11:32 AM
With the talk of the lack of a closer on the roster could the Pacers move up in the draft and pick up Kemba Walker? This may be a wiser move then overpaying for a playing in the free agent market.

Not sure how comfortable I am as having a closer that is coming off of the bench though, but he does have that closer mentality, so does AJ Price if you can remember his days at Uconn, but again he is coming off the bench.

Gamble1
04-20-2011, 11:47 AM
If we trade up for anyone I would like to get Alec Burks. I would give up Brush for him in heart beat.

cdash
04-20-2011, 11:48 AM
Not sure if anyone has already said this, but Kemba to this point reminds me of Acie Law.

How does Kemba remind you of Acie Law? I don't really see the similarities.

Really?
04-20-2011, 12:15 PM
If we trade up for anyone I would like to get Alec Burks. I would give up Brush for him in heart beat.

Can Burks shoot?

Really?
04-20-2011, 12:20 PM
How does Kemba remind you of Acie Law? I don't really see the similarities.

read what draft express wrote about him when he was a SR.

http://www.nbadraft.net/players/acie-law

I just remember Acie Law, putting up big points for his team, scoring in a variety of ways, hitting many clutch shots, good mid range game, kind of quick, and a natural leader.

not size as much if thats what u were aiming for.

Really?
04-20-2011, 12:32 PM

Would rather move up to grab Knight than Burks

Lou Bega
04-20-2011, 12:39 PM
I just think this current series has really exposed we don't have a player that can create his own shot. With the "experts" saying this is a weak draft class the Pacers have to seriously take a look at moving up if that player is available. The draft is crap shot, but I would rather move up than over pay a free agent.

cdash
04-20-2011, 12:46 PM
I just think this current series has really exposed we don't have a player that can create his own shot. With the "experts" saying this is a weak draft class the Pacers have to seriously take a look at moving up if that player is available. The draft is crap shot, but I would rather move up than over pay a free agent.

I'd rather let our young guys develop than waste assets trading up for Kemba Walker.

Gamble1
04-20-2011, 12:57 PM
Can Burks shoot?

His FG% is 47 percent but he can't shoot threes very well.

He needs to get more consistent but overall he can create his own shot really well which is what the pacers need. Of course I would take a top 5 pick over him but realistically I think the Pacers could trade up to get him.

He could be a very good player in the NBA. I think he will be better than Kemba or Jimmer.

Gamble1
04-20-2011, 01:06 PM
Would rather move up to grab Knight than Burks
If we want a pg then sure but if we want a sg who can play spot pg minutes then I disagree.

Burks has put his team on his back much more than the Knight who was loaded with talent around him.

Burks also did it while shooting a higher percentage. I think Collison is our future pg so i don't see a reason for drafting Knight unless its as a sg and IMO Burks will be a better sg than Knight.

Really?
04-20-2011, 02:00 PM
His FG% is 47 percent but he can't shoot threes very well.

He needs to get more consistent but overall he can create his own shot really well which is what the pacers need. Of course I would take a top 5 pick over him but realistically I think the Pacers could trade up to get him.

He could be a very good player in the NBA. I think he will be better than Kemba or Jimmer.

Just wondering, heard that most of his shots are driving in the lane and getting layups, which increases his FG%, and that he is more of a 2 than a 1, I guess that may possibly be able to work since we already have alot of shooters on our team if this is the case.

Slick Pinkham
04-20-2011, 07:24 PM

I'm thinking more like Bobby Jackson. High energy bench scorer and volume shooter, with some SERIOUS moves with the ball, but not a starting NBA PG on a good team

Exile on Pennsylvania
04-20-2011, 07:32 PM

Kemba is nothing like Acie Law. They are completely dissimilar as players; Law had bust written all over him, Kemba has instant-offense-off-the-bench written all over him. That's not to say the Pacers should draft Walker (he'll be gone by then anyway), but he's not comparable to Law.

The Jackson shimmy
04-20-2011, 07:37 PM
I'm thinking more like Bobby Jackson. High energy bench scorer and volume shooter, with some SERIOUS moves with the ball, but not a starting NBA PG on a good team

Bingo !