PDA

View Full Version : I can officially hate the Knicks at last!

indygeezer
09-30-2004, 10:01 AM
I see the NY Post is reporting (via RealGM) that John Starks is joining the Knicks front office!

THe hate returns:devil:

BigMac
09-30-2004, 11:39 AM
Geezer-

If you were a true Pacers fan, you would always hate the Knicks and not just wait for them to do something that you don't like. Anything they do,I don't like, except lose. Other than that, I hate everything about them, their players, fans, GM, owners, arena, etc.

John Starks addition makes that franchise laughable. What could he possibly add to a team?

Anyway, Geezer, I say this all tongue in cheek towards you but I really do and always have hated the Knicks-ever since Ewing's lottery.

sweabs
09-30-2004, 12:25 PM
I always love a good Anti-Knicks thread...

:devil:

Slick Pinkham
09-30-2004, 12:51 PM
The Knicks will ALWAYS be #1 on my hate list.

indygeezer
09-30-2004, 12:57 PM
I always love a good Anti-Knicks thread...

:devil:

That's why I started this thread. There is NOTHING ....wait that's not quite true, I gotta respect their heart. (phaaaaaaaaaatoooooooiiieee)

The Knicks vs. the Kobe/Shaq Lakers....I couldn't watch because I knew one of the wwas going to win.

sweabs
09-30-2004, 01:08 PM
The Knicks vs. the Kobe/Shaq Lakers....I couldn't watch because I knew one of the wwas going to win.

That is a great quote!!!

:laugh:

Kegboy
09-30-2004, 02:33 PM
http://www.nypost.com/sports/knicks/29421.htm

All the anti-NY bias aside, I'm surprised at this. Supposedly he was making a name for himself in the coaching ranks (he is/was coaching an USBL team, I believe in upstate NY). Strange that he'd give that up for a community relations position.

ChicagoJ
09-30-2004, 02:45 PM
Kegboy, have you been reading Charlie Rosen's pieces on the NBA coaches over at FoxSports.com?

I thought you might like them - he hasn't done one on Rick yet - I've read a few of them but at the time it didn't occur to me to post them here/ link to them. :blush:

Zesty
09-30-2004, 03:40 PM

That's how I felt about this year's Finals. :mad:

Kegboy
09-30-2004, 04:55 PM
Kegboy, have you been reading Charlie Rosen's pieces on the NBA coaches over at FoxSports.com?

I thought you might like them - he hasn't done one on Rick yet - I've read a few of them but at the time it didn't occur to me to post them here/ link to them. :blush:

No, didn't know about them.

I seriously can't stand Rosen, but I'll check them out anyway.

Kegboy
09-30-2004, 04:56 PM

Ditto. Exactly. :banghead:

ChicagoJ
09-30-2004, 04:58 PM

No, didn't know about them.

I seriously can't stand Rosen, but I'll check them out anyway.

He's not my favorite, either. I thought you'd like the subject matter, however.

Kegboy
09-30-2004, 05:14 PM
Actually, it looks like he has done one on Rick. I'm gonna start a new thread on it.

howboutanicebrew_er
09-30-2004, 05:39 PM
I went to NYC this past summer. I thought about wearing my Reggie jersey, but, it's old and small, basketball season was out, and I didnt want to get shot. There was however a guy walkin' around talking to people with a Miller jersey-dude's got guts.

And, I bought and wore a Boston Red Sox hat.:devil:

BigMac
09-30-2004, 09:55 PM
I went to NYC this past summer. I thought about wearing my Reggie jersey, but, it's old and small, basketball season was out, and I didnt want to get shot. There was however a guy walkin' around talking to people with a Miller jersey-dude's got guts.

And, I bought and wore a Boston Red Sox hat.:devil:

Not to get too far off the topic but I went to a Pacers/Knicks game two years ago, sat on the floor, and you would not believe the way those fans feel about Reggie Miller. They LOVE him. It's really weird. I was not expecting that reception for him. Sure, they boo him but they all apprecate his talent and what he has done to them. They appreciate good basketball (Knicks fans). It must suck to support that team right now. :)

Oh, and nice touch on the Red Sox jersey.

ABADays
10-01-2004, 08:27 AM
The Knicks and the Kentucky Colonels - most hated teams ever!

indygeezer
10-01-2004, 08:48 AM
Knicks/Kentucky/Utah Stars

PacerBlade
10-02-2004, 06:14 PM

me too