PDA

View Full Version : Pacers/Boston postgame thread

vnzla81
03-28-2011, 09:37 PM
!!! Yeeeahhhhhhhhhhhh boooeeeyyyyyyy!!!!

http://www.saltsays.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/teeth-flavor-flav-400a071807.jpg

:dance::dance:

luis3ep
03-28-2011, 09:40 PM
y

Phree Refill
03-28-2011, 09:41 PM
post game thread! tee hee hee hee!

Trophy
03-28-2011, 09:41 PM
Y didn't we play like this against SAC and DET?

Shade
03-28-2011, 09:42 PM
Go :magic:

CoolHand
03-28-2011, 09:42 PM
So what's our magic # now?

Sookie
03-28-2011, 09:43 PM
STFU

<3
Darren Collison + AJ Price

Seriously guys, this is why I keep saying they are young and they'll learn and grow and get better. It's frustrating now..but take it all in because when they do REALLY turn the corner (all of the young guys) it'll be that much more enjoyable.

BTW, Josh McRoberts was the unsung hero tonight, he played a fantastic game. And Big Roy really showed up too. The young guys stepped up when they really needed a win.

graphic-er
03-28-2011, 09:44 PM
well this is a nice distraction from the D.West argument! GO Pacers!

Getting the next 2 will pretty much seal the deal for us.

Mr_Smith
03-28-2011, 09:45 PM
Big win.....especially since Charlotte beat Milwaukee tonight.

Eleazar
03-28-2011, 09:46 PM
Now how do we get them to play like this all the time?

graphic-er
STFU

<3

Seriously guys, this is why I keep saying they are young and they'll learn and grow and get better. It's frustrating now..but take it all in because when they do REALLY turn the corner (all of the young guys) it'll be that much more enjoyable.

They played a good game tonight because they played against a point who isn't constantly looking for his own shot, unlike Stuckey. So I give them a pass tonight, but they gotta do it more. And Rondo still had a very good game.

vnzla81
STFU

<3

BTW, Josh McRoberts was the unsung hero tonight, he played a fantastic game. And Big Roy really showed up too. The young guys stepped up when they really needed a win.

I'm still not buying it :unimpress

Trophy
03-28-2011, 09:47 PM
What really impressed me is that DC handling the ball well committing no turnovers.

IUfan4life
03-28-2011, 09:47 PM
Best game of Roy's career.

PaceBalls
03-28-2011, 09:48 PM
It's feast or famine with this team.

I can't say enough how awesome it was to see Roy, AJ and DC play well. DC was bad on Rondo most of the game, but he got aggressive in crunch time and that was really nice to see.

I really don't like Danny Granger's game anymore, he did make a nice pass one time, but he also made so many bad mistakes, something like three traveling calls :wtf:

He always tries to go one on one, or two, or three cause he thinks he is MJ or something. Danny, you suck at ISO plays. Pass the ball or get a spot up shot.

Everyone else was great.

vnzla81
03-28-2011, 09:48 PM
They played a good game tonight because they played against a point who isn't constantly looking for his own shot, unlike Stuckey.

Don't forget that is time for the Celtics to take it easy and are getting ready for the playoffs, just look at SA resting everybody.

Gold
03-28-2011, 09:49 PM
Our point guards played like bosses.

imbtyler
03-28-2011, 09:49 PM
Boom shakalaka. Way to come away with the win. We deserved the W, as it was one of the better all-around games the Pacers have played in a while. Everyone came out of the woodwork and played.

Still a little disappointed at Paul's default production, due to being the 5th option in the starting lineup. I wonder if MDJ returning will change any of that for the better.

Also, due to NBATV's Top 10 loving JMac, I think we can expect to see his pass to Dahntay's dunk at around 8 (always great), or even 6.

daschysta
03-28-2011, 09:51 PM
Don't forget that is time for the Celtics to take it easy and are getting ready for the playoffs, just look at SA resting everybody.

Boston is still playing for HC, what players are they resting that aren't legitimately injured?

KingGeorge
03-28-2011, 09:51 PM
I was really impressed with the victory tonight. Hibbert and DC really stepped up their game tonight and it payed off. I think the biggest key was our aggressiveness on defense. We were attacking them when they went to the basket, tipping the ball to force turnovers, and forcing them to take jump shots. I'm not sure where this was when we play SAC and DET, but if we keep this up, I think we will be playoff bound.

Mr_Smith
03-28-2011, 09:52 PM
Wow...looking at the Celtics message boards you would think that the Celtics were 20 games under .500:laugh::laugh:

Sookie
03-28-2011, 09:53 PM
They played a good game tonight because they played against a point who isn't constantly looking for his own shot, unlike Stuckey. So I give them a pass tonight, but they gotta do it more. And Rondo still had a very good game.

Are you serious? Rondo is one of the best defensive PGs in the league. Period. The fact that Rondo looks to pass doesn't help AJ or DC on the offensive end..

They do have to do it more often. That's called being consistent. It's something veteran players do a lot better than younger players.

yoadknux
03-28-2011, 09:53 PM
Big win.
AJ kept us early, DC kept us late, good game by our point guards.
Roy played great especially in the first half. Granger played OK also. The entire goon squad as a team played really really good.
Really great win, Now we gotta do our best against the pistons & bucks.

Major Cold
03-28-2011, 09:55 PM

No they aren't resting up. They are playing for Home Court advantage.

I thought DC was aggressive. AJ played well.

But the three that impressed me the most was McRoberts, Hibbert, and Rush.

imbtyler
03-28-2011, 09:56 PM
Wow...looking at the Celtics message boards you would think that the Celtics were 20 games under .500:laugh::laugh:

If they were, I'd be going to church and saying my thanks for the answers to my prayers.

graphic-er
03-28-2011, 09:57 PM
It's feast or famine with this team.

I really don't like Danny Granger's game anymore, he did make a nice pass one time, but he also made so many bad mistakes, something like three traveling calls :wtf:

He always tries to go one on one, or two, or three cause he thinks he is MJ or something. Danny, you suck at ISO plays. Pass the ball or get a spot up shot.

Gosh you really hard on Danny, Peirce is a good defender and all of Bostons players have active hands. So you see a Danny Granger trying to do too much, and I see a Danny Granger just being defended well. The travels were really awkward though, but honestly half the time the league does not even call that on both ends of the floor depending on the player. But Danny has been singled out for that and using his forearm too much on the drive. That's the worst thing about the NBA refs, they look for certain things from certain players. So he is gonna have to figure out a new move to implement before the playoffs.

graphic-er
03-28-2011, 10:00 PM
Are you serious? Rondo is one of the best defensive PGs in the league. Period. The fact that Rondo looks to pass doesn't help AJ or DC on the offensive end..

They do have to do it more often. That's called being consistent. It's something veteran players do a lot better than younger players.

So sorry, did not know you were talking about the offensive end.

Sookie
03-28-2011, 10:01 PM
So sorry, did not know you were talking about the offensive end.

When talking about Darren Collison..we do not talk about the defensive end of the floor. :laugh:

TheDon
03-28-2011, 10:02 PM
:lol: sparhawk totally called this one in the last post game thread. like he says we are all witnesses in bizarro world.

croz24
03-28-2011, 10:02 PM
roy hibbert is by far our most important player. when he has played well, the pacers have been able to compete with everyone.

Hoop
03-28-2011, 10:05 PM
I figured it out, if half of Conseco is wearing a jersey and rooting for the opposing team the Pacers will win!

I guess I'll have to buy a :censored: jersey of every other team in the league.

Great Win! Go Pacers! :dance:

graphic-er
03-28-2011, 10:05 PM
roy hibbert is by far our most important player. when he has played well, the pacers have been able to compete with everyone.

I agree, I just wish he would learn to keep the ball high when he gets fed so close the basket. Even tonight when Paul had that nice pass to him underneath, he brought the ball down so low only to bring it back up to lay it in. If Rondo was on his other hip that would have been an easy steal. 7-2 centers don't need to power dribble! Keep it high, turn and shoot!

MaHa3000
03-28-2011, 10:15 PM
We have

Pistons home
Bucks home
Hornets away
Wizards home
Hawks home
Knicks home
Magic away

Bobcats have

Cavs home
Magic away
Wizards home
Cavs away
Magic home
Heat away
Pistons home
Nets away
Hawks home

Looks like we needed our one game lead and tie-breaker. It will be interesting.

ChristianDudley
03-28-2011, 10:20 PM

San Antonio isn't resting anybody..."everybody" is injured with a few somewhat serious injuries.

BlueNGold
03-28-2011, 10:22 PM
It was nice to beat the green guys, but I think there's a disconnect on this board between what is expected from the point guard position.

Just as TJ Ford can take over during the latter stages of games, Collison can have very good offensive games. They can impress some people with that. The rest of us expect the point guard to either defend at a high level and consistently shoot from the perimeter when needed OR to distribute the ball and make his team mates better. Not just a little better, but a lot better.

So, the expectation is that the point guard is a threat with the ball in his hands. Not a threat to shoot it as much as pass it. Until DC becomes that type of PG, he will need to perform at this level and higher on a consistent basis to impress many of us.

daschysta
03-28-2011, 10:25 PM
That's fine bng but it isn't the only way a point guard can play and be effective. I've seen collison do a nice job distributing in many games and he can be a very nice offensive threat.

whether it impresses some people or not PG's are progressively becoming more scoring oriented. It's a league wide trend, and it's not going to stop people from praising darren when he does well, which he did do in crunch time when it counted tonight.

Mackey_Rose
03-28-2011, 10:26 PM
Great game by Roy, Price, Josh, and Rush. Great half a quarter by Collison. He killed us in the first three quarters. I probably wouldn't have put him back in there after the stinker he had going, but it turned out to be a great coaching move by Vogel. I thought Vogel coached an almost perfect game. He rode the hot hands, he made getting it inside a point of emphasis, and he minimized our weaknesses by running the offense through Josh when he was in.

Biggest disappointment? Surprise, surprise...Danny Granger. He is the epitome of a one-dimensional player. Great shooter, nothing else.

Huge win. Gotta hold serve against Detroit on Wednesday, or this one is basically meaningless. Yes Unclebuck, I am aware that the NBA will not force us to vacate tonight's game in the record books if we lose. However, they all count the same, and we gotta be able to beat a bad Pistons team at home.

I don't think we can beat any of the top 3 in a 7 game series, but Boston did us a huge favor by trading Perk. Before I would have said they would easily sweep us. I don't know about that anymore. I'd much rather see Miami or Boston before Chicago. Rose is just too good. We still gotta get in obviously.

Justin Tyme
03-28-2011, 10:27 PM
The way Collison and Price played tonight makes you think they must have been reading comments about them of late on PD. :D

Sookie
03-28-2011, 10:27 PM
It was nice to beat the green guys, but I think there's a disconnect on this board between what is expected from the point guard position.

Just as TJ Ford can take over during the latter stages of games, Collison can have very good offensive games. They can impress some people with that. The rest of us expect the point guard to either defend at a high level and consistently shoot from the perimeter when needed OR to distribute the ball and make his team mates better. Not just a little better, but a lot better.

So, the expectation is that the point guard is a threat with the ball in his hands. Not a threat to shoot it as much as pass it. Until DC becomes that type of PG, he will need to perform at this level and higher on a consistent basis to impress many of us.

I don't think DC will ever be that type of PG. But the hope, is that he adapts his game a bit to fit that type of PG style, and that as he gets older he is able to play at this level consistency. That's the hope. It's not some people's ideal, but that's the type of PG that he is..and it's obviously the type of PG that the Pacers organization are okay with having, because they traded for him and decided to start him in his second year. And it's been obvious that he's a score first PG since college, this really isn't a shock.

I think people have to also recognize that Vogel wants his PGs to look to score. If it's not obvious enough with the lineups that he throws Price out there with..

pacer4ever
03-28-2011, 10:28 PM
Is KG injured he played like it.

daschysta
03-28-2011, 10:31 PM
Is KG injured he played like it.

No, just old.

Mackey_Rose
03-28-2011, 10:32 PM
Gosh you really hard on Danny, Peirce is a good defender and all of Bostons players have active hands. So you see a Danny Granger trying to do too much, and I see a Danny Granger just being defended well. The travels were really awkward though, but honestly half the time the league does not even call that on both ends of the floor depending on the player. But Danny has been singled out for that and using his forearm too much on the drive. That's the worst thing about the NBA refs, they look for certain things from certain players. So he is gonna have to figure out a new move to implement before the playoffs.

Can you honestly say Granger played well? Anyone?

I cringed seeing him get off the bench. He's getting singled out for thinking he's Bo Jackson throwing up a stiff arm every time he drives. It is a foul. He should get called for it.

TheDon
Wow Dwight Howard just picked up another technical that's another suspension for him lol

dal9
4^ p4e: someone shot a load on his head in the 3rd, I believe it was...

PaceBalls
03-28-2011, 10:33 PM

Part of it is Frank's fault. Frank seems to think Danny is a great ISO option, especially vs smaller players, but he is not. It almost always ends up in a turnover unless he gets a lucky fadeaway jumpshot to go.

TheDon
03-28-2011, 10:34 PM
bah knicks won.

daschysta
03-28-2011, 10:35 PM
Part of it is Frank's fault. Frank seems to think Danny is a great ISO option, especially vs smaller players, but he is not. It almost always ends up in a turnover unless he gets a lucky fadeaway jumpshot to go.

Danny has actually been pretty effective in the post as of late, iso's in there are fine. The problem is when he's isod on the wing, he often turns it over by getting tunnel vision. He's been passing it better though.

itzryan07
03-28-2011, 10:36 PM
does anybody know if the game on wednesday will still be showed on ESPN? I remember supposed to be on there but now it seems like it wont be shown no more

pianoman
03-28-2011, 10:36 PM
Gonna get bashed on this one, but I want to bring Ron Artest back next season for one reason. To get inside Danny's head that defense wins games. He has been very streaky on the defensive end this year.

TheDon
03-28-2011, 10:38 PM
Dwight is gonna have to set out his one game suspension for the Hawks that's bad news for the Bobcats when they go face Dwight after his one game suspension in Orlando he's going to destroy Kwame Brown.

Will Galen
03-28-2011, 10:39 PM
well this is a nice distraction from the D.West argument! GO Pacers!

Getting the next 2 will pretty much seal the deal for us.

Nope! Haven't you learned anything about this team. The playoff race is going down to the wire.

vnzla81
03-28-2011, 10:40 PM

Great post BNG, thanks.

pacer4ever
03-28-2011, 10:40 PM

Rondo is the best pg in the NBA

ilive4sports
03-28-2011, 10:41 PM

Or you know draw a foul. Which he is doing pretty well at since Vogel took over. His FTA's this month is 7.3 which would be 10th best in the NBA. Last month was 6.4 which would have been 15th best in the NBA. He's 18th best overall and that includes the time in JOB's perimeter shot happy offense.

yoadknux
Can you honestly say Granger played well? Anyone?

I cringed seeing him get off the bench. He's getting singled out for thinking he's Bo Jackson throwing up a stiff arm every time he drives. It is a foul. He should get called for it.
He didn't play GREAT, true.
But he did end up 2nd in individual points for us, lead us in assists, maybe even scored the most points for us in the second half. His defense wasn't bad.
And you describe his play as awful, which is just not true

PaceBalls
Gonna get bashed on this one, but I want to bring Ron Artest back next season for one reason. To get inside Danny's head that defense wins games. He has been very streaky on the defensive end this year.

How about we just make Danny practice with the Ron every day during the summer. That way we can avoid Ron ever being a Pacer again and still have him scare the defense back into Danny. If Ron hadn't personally heralded the decline of the Pacers over the last 6 years, I would love to have him.

But **** Ron.

Sookie

I think so too.

DRose is the best player playing PG, but Rondo, IMO, is the best PG.

ilive4sports
03-28-2011, 10:43 PM

I'd rather bring in a defensive coach such as Mike Brown

Hoop
03-28-2011, 10:45 PM
:bs:

I'll take Rose, CP3, D.Will, Westbrook over Rondo by a large margin and I like Rondo.

pacer4ever
03-28-2011, 10:45 PM
I think so too.

DRose is the best player playing PG, but Rondo, IMO, is the best PG.

Ya Drose is so physically gifted but no one sees the floor like Rondo

Will Galen
03-28-2011, 10:46 PM

D. Rose

PaceBalls
03-28-2011, 10:46 PM
Or you know draw a foul. Which he is doing pretty well at since Vogel took over. His FTA's this month is 7.3 which would be 10th best in the NBA. Last month was 6.4 which would have been 15th best in the NBA. He's 18th best overall and that includes the time in JOB's perimeter shot happy offense.

True, that is nice. We just have so many guys who are bad at playing a team game. Danny sticks out to me lately.

I mean I watch the game and I see him have 6 or 7 plays in a row where he causes turnovers for our team or makes bad defensive plays resulting in a 10 point swing. It drives me nuts. Then, eventually he will hit a contested jumpshot and it's like... We are supposed to cheer?

ColeTheMole
03-28-2011, 10:47 PM
Foster means so much to this team.

BlueNGold
I don't think DC will ever be that type of PG. But the hope, is that he adapts his game a bit to fit that type of PG style, and that as he gets older he is able to play at this level consistency. That's the hope. It's not some people's ideal, but that's the type of PG that he is..and it's obviously the type of PG that the Pacers organization are okay with having, because they traded for him and decided to start him in his second year. And it's been obvious that he's a score first PG since college, this really isn't a shock.

I think people have to also recognize that Vogel wants his PGs to look to score. If it's not obvious enough with the lineups that he throws Price out there with..

DC is the type of PG we have available, not necessarily the type that the Pacers consider "the answer". He has a shot at being a Tony Parker type of PG...but I don't think he gets close to that. The thin, short SG in a PG body will always have their work cut out. Considering speed is his greatest weapon, he's not likely to age gracefully either.

BTW, Vogel is just doing the best he can with the assets available. He's leveraging their talents and that includes giving DC a green light to shoot. ...and to his credit, DC did a good job of that tonight. If he can become a poor man's Monte Ellis...we will be fortunate. Averaging in the neighborhood of 17ppg on 47 or 48% from the floor would be ok for a point who lacks the traditional PG skills.

pacer4ever
D. Rose

I mean pure pg. He plays pg like it is suppose to be played and is unreal. Drose is more talented scorer and better player but Rondo's style is what i perfer.

TheDon
03-28-2011, 10:48 PM
I think we have to lead the league in traveling violations it's getting to the point to where you can call it before it even happens. It's like our players have an idea of what they want to do with the ball and they get that set in their head that that's what they're going to do, and when that doesn't pan out they kind of studder and take that extra step. There was a point in the game where Danny had the ball and I saw Roy down low and before it even happened I told my friend "Watch, Danny is going to drive into the middle with the intention of faking the shot to try and get Roy the easy bucket but before that happens Roy is going to get covered and it's going to cause Danny to travel." Sure enough, that's exactly what happened. My friend thought I was a witch of some sort, but I had seen that happen so many times I just start to expect it.

90'sNBARocked
03-28-2011, 10:53 PM

Rose is
Put Rose on the Celtics ..its game set match

vnzla81
03-28-2011, 10:58 PM
Rose is
Put Rose on the Celtics ..its game set match

Rose is the perfect PG for Chicago and Rondo is the perfect PG for Boston, you switch them and Rondo doesn't get as many assist and Rose doesn't get to score as much.

Will Galen
03-28-2011, 11:00 PM
I mean pure pg. He plays pg like it is suppose to be played and is unreal. Drose is more talented scorer and better player but Rondo's style is what i perfer.

Okay, but what if you were starting a team, all the good big guys are gone and you have the next pick and you need a point guard. Do you pick Rondo.

I think I might pick Rose first in the whole NBA, even over Kobe, Durant, and Lebron.

pacer4ever
03-28-2011, 11:02 PM
Okay, but what if you were starting a team, all the good big guys are gone and you have the next pick and you need a point guard. Do you pick Rondo.

I think I might pick Rose first in the whole NBA, even over Kobe, Durant, and Lebron.

No doubt I would pick Rose if starting a team. But if I need a leader to help a talented team who plays a pure pg Rondo would be my guy. He proablly isnt a top 3 pg but he is the best "pg" in my opinion.

Unclebuck
03-28-2011, 11:15 PM
Everything else being the same, if Perkins was still on the Celtics, they beat the pacers tonight and Hibbert's stat line would have been a whole lot different.

I still think that was a stupid decision by Ainge. If they kept perkins the Celtics IMo would have a better record than the Bulls right now and would be the favorites in the east

rock747
03-28-2011, 11:19 PM
This team gets up for good opponents and underestimates bad ones??? Hard to figure out. Crucial win. Pacer's next two games are must win.

Sollozzo
03-28-2011, 11:23 PM
Everything else being the same, if Perkins was still on the Celtics, they beat the pacers tonight and Hibbert's stat line would have been a whole lot different.

I still think that was a stupid decision by Ainge. If they kept perkins the Celtics IMo would have a better record than the Bulls right now and would be the favorites in the east

Perk played in just 12 games for Boston this season and they were at the top of the East all season until just recently. They played just fine without Perk and I have a hard time believing their record would be that much different if he were still there. Their problem more than anything is that it's late March and they are tired of the regular season. Get the playoffs started and they will be completely rejuvenated.

vnzla81
03-28-2011, 11:26 PM

They will have Shaq on the playoffs, at this time of his career he is pretty much like Perkins, like somebody already said he only played 18 games this year anyway.

Unclebuck
03-28-2011, 11:28 PM
Perk played in just 12 games for Boston this season and they were at the top of the East all season until just recently. They played just fine without Perk and I have a hard time believing their record would be that much different if he were still there. Their problem more than anything is that it's late March and they are tired of the regular season. Get the playoffs started and they will be completely rejuvenated.

I get that, but they miss Perkins as much on the court as they miss him as a person off the court. Plus he's the best one-on-one low post defender in the NBA and he and garnett were the best interior defenders as a pair in the NBA

Sure the Celtics will play much better when the playoffs start _ but they will miss Perkins

Unclebuck
03-28-2011, 11:30 PM
They will have Shaq on the playoffs, at this time of his career he is pretty much like Perkins, like somebody already said he only played 18 games this year anyway.

You are joking? Right, please tell me you are joking. Shaq's defense is no where nearly as good as Perkins, not in the same league as Perkins. It never was.

vnzla81
03-28-2011, 11:30 PM
I get that, but they miss Perkins as much on the court as they miss him as a person off the court. Plus he's the best one-on-one low post defender in the NBA and he and garnett were the best interior defenders as a pair in the NBA

Sure the Celtics will play much better when the playoffs start _ but they will miss Perkins

I agree, I just don't think Perkins is 100% healthy, I was watching him last week and he looks heavy and slow.

Unclebuck
03-28-2011, 11:34 PM
I agree, I just don't think Perkins is 100% healthy, I was watching him last week and he looks heavy and slow.

He looked pretty good last night. He's only 26 years old too.

focused444
03-28-2011, 11:34 PM
vogel post game interview

http://www.nba.com/pacers/video/2011/03/28/110328vogelpostgameflv-1610676/index.html

I stopped trying to analyze this team...For now I'm going to sit back, listen to the coach, and try to enjoy this crazy ride.

vnzla81
03-28-2011, 11:35 PM
You are joking? Right, please tell me you are joking. Shaq's defense is no where nearly as good as Perkins, not in the same league as Perkins. It never was.

I'm not joking, what team in the east you think is going to destroy Shaq? The only guy I think could give some trouble to Shaq is Dhoward but the rest of the team is better than Orlando so I don't see a problem there.

pacer4ever
03-28-2011, 11:35 PM

No one in the NBA is in the same league as Perk defensivly besides Dwight.

vnzla81
03-28-2011, 11:37 PM
He looked pretty good last night. He's only 26 years old too.

I know he is only 26( even though he looks like 40 :)) I just think that there is something going on with his knee and he is never going to be healthy, I hope I'm wrong.

Mackey_Rose
03-28-2011, 11:40 PM
This team gets up for good opponents and underestimates bad ones??? Hard to figure out. Crucial win. Pacer's next two games are must win.

They show up when they know they could get embarrassed.

pacer4ever
03-28-2011, 11:41 PM

We got embarrassed in Detroit saturday and it was on ESPN.

Hicks
03-28-2011, 11:43 PM

It was on ESPN?

rock747
03-28-2011, 11:44 PM

It was?

Hicks
03-28-2011, 11:44 PM
Anyway, I'm glad we generally competed and played well and got the win, but I'm not going to be fooled by this team again. I'll just sit back and watch, as I did tonight.

Seems likely we'll be flat Wednesday and blow it on Friday.

Trophy
03-28-2011, 11:46 PM
It wasn't on ESPN because I watched it on LP.

pacer4ever
03-28-2011, 11:48 PM
It was on ESPN?

It was schduled to be I didnt check but it said it was gonna be on espn.

I wouldnt be surprised if they pulled the game for something eles.

focused444
03-28-2011, 11:48 PM

See my above post for Vogel's interview. He addresses the up and down play. Also the players discuss it in the locker room video. Roy says he and Darren have lunch and dinner together to discuss it. Any way there is a bunch of tidbits in those interviews.

pacer4ever
03-28-2011, 11:52 PM
I think the upcoming pistons @ pacers game is scheduled to be on ESPN...

I thought it was the one in the palace on the 25th but again i dont know if they canceled it.

Day-V
03-28-2011, 11:55 PM
I love Roy Hibbert. And Darren Collison.

focused444
03-28-2011, 11:57 PM
I thought it was the one in the palace on the 25th but again i dont know if they canceled it.

yea looks like it might have been that game but it was rescheduled. the game on wednesday is not on espn

Constellations
03-29-2011, 12:02 AM
Best game of Roy's career.

Can't totally agree with this. A great game yes, but only 4 rebounds with "Big Fat Baby" guarding him is kinda shallow. Still a GREAT game though, I'm not hating on him at all. But most definitely not the game of his career.

imbtyler
03-29-2011, 12:06 AM
It was schduled to be I didnt check but it said it was gonna be on espn.

I wouldnt be surprised if they pulled the game for something eles.

Like the 2011 National Cup Stacking Championship? Or the World Cheerleading Classic?

Day-V
03-29-2011, 12:17 AM
Can't totally agree with this. A great game yes, but only 4 rebounds with "Big Fat Baby" guarding is kinda shallow. Still a GREAT game though, I'm not hating on him at all. But most definitely not the game of his career.

That game he had against Dwight Howard in January of 2010 is probably his best game as a Pacer. Totally dominated Howard on both ends of the floor.

joeyd
03-29-2011, 12:30 AM
Foster means so much to this team.

Agreed. Surprised it took 63 posts for someone to give the guy some love. Seven rebounds in 15 minutes. Moved the ball around and hit his free throws on offense. Another very good day for Jeff.

joeyd
03-29-2011, 12:33 AM
I also think this was one of Vogel's best games coaching. His use of timeouts and overall strategy was spot on.

OakMoses
03-29-2011, 12:45 AM

The Celtics lost the NBA finals last year because Rondo can't shoot.

Brad8888
03-29-2011, 02:13 AM
Youth strikes again. This time the team once again was consistently inconsistent, this time with across the board good play from its youth. I agree with UB, had the C's still had Perkins, Roy wouldn't have had nearly the same game, and the Celts probably would have won handily, though I don't think it would have been an actual blowout.

Enjoy the ride, the best is yet to come. Goooooooo Pacers!!!!!!!!

imbtyler
03-29-2011, 03:10 AM
Here is Josh McRoberts' sweet dish to Dahntay for the dunk:

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="853" height="510" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/MvAmEK29q4M?hd=1" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

And here is DC's steal and fastbreak two-handed jam:

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="853" height="510" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/jy_P-AgnpSk?hd=1" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

focused444
03-29-2011, 03:28 AM
So Roy referred to the team as "Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde" twice tonight. Once in the interview with Stacy Paetz immediately after the game, and once in the locker room interview on Pacers.com. Here is the exact quote "My shots were falling tonight and I just kept moving my feet which helped me get open. We must continue to work with each other on defense and help each other out and try to shed this Doctor Jekyll and Mr. Hyde image."

My point is, I think in a weird way this sounds like growth. I think Hibbert calling the team for what it is, is a big step to eliminating the problem. The way games look at times, when they play horribly, can get me wondering if they are even aware of their own madness. Now I know Roy is aware, which means the team is aware, and I believe awareness of ones flaws is the quickest way towards correcting them.

CableKC
03-29-2011, 03:32 AM
Dwight is gonna have to set out his one game suspension for the Hawks that's bad news for the Bobcats when they go face Dwight after his one game suspension in Orlando he's going to destroy Kwame Brown.
That would have happened....suspension or not.

CableKC
03-29-2011, 03:37 AM
Add in that Perkins was out as well.

Wage
03-29-2011, 05:08 AM

While that certainly didn't help, in my opinion, the Celtics lost because the "big 3" sh#t the bed. Allen couldn't hit water from a boat all game, and Garnett and Pierce looked scared to death in the 4th. Rondo was forced to take the big shots because Pierce and Garnett completely shut down.

Kid Minneapolis
03-29-2011, 09:54 AM
I watched the game and loved Hibbert, McBob and at-times Collison and Rush, but looking at the box score is what revealed to me how we won this game:

<table>
<tr><td>STARTERS</td><td>+/-</td></tr>
<tr><td>Danny Granger</td><td>-7</td></tr>
<tr><td>Tyler Hansbrough</td><td>-16</td></tr>
<tr><td>Roy Hibbert</td><td>-7</td></tr>
<tr><td>Darren Collison</td><td>-12</td></tr>
<tr><td>Paul George</td><td>-12</td></tr>
<tr><td>&nbsp;</td><td>&nbsp;</td></tr>
<tr><td>BENCH</td><td>+/-</td></tr>
<tr><td>Jeff Foster</td><td>+13</td></tr>
<tr><td>Dahntay Jones</td><td>+14</td></tr>
<tr><td>A.J. Price</td><td>+19</td></tr>
<tr><td>Josh McRoberts</td><td>+24</td></tr>
<tr><td>Brandon Rush</td><td>+19</td></tr>
</table>

We out-benched them.

Trader Joe
03-29-2011, 09:59 AM

Lolz, no.

Kid Minneapolis
03-29-2011, 10:01 AM
Btw, Rondo is my favorite PG in the NBA. Rose is an amazing SG in a PG's body, really, but just doesn't play PG the way I prefer it. That team is gonna get roasted in the playoffs when defenses clamp down on Rose and the rest of the team can't do crap. Do-it-all guys and 1-horse teams always fall in the playoffs. Valiant effort, but not conducive to playoff success. Really reminds me of Iverson (without the attitude). When I watch the Bulls, it's all one guy. It seems like 70% of their offense goes through Rose. Fun to watch... but poor guy gonna be disappointed in a few months.

Sollozzo
03-29-2011, 10:10 AM
As of right now, Shaq and JO have panned out to be pretty worthless signings.

yoadknux
03-29-2011, 10:27 AM
Shaq gets the same salary as Solo, so it's good anyway
JO on the other hand... :rolleyes:

pacergod2
03-29-2011, 12:00 PM
Thank you Pacers for such an awesome birthday present yesterday. I saw the Celtics on the schedule a while back and thought, well at least they are playing that night. I am glad to get the win. A huge win at that.

pacergod2
03-29-2011, 01:51 PM
Btw, Rondo is my favorite PG in the NBA. Rose is an amazing SG in a PG's body, really, but just doesn't play PG the way I prefer it. That team is gonna get roasted in the playoffs when defenses clamp down on Rose and the rest of the team can't do crap. Do-it-all guys and 1-horse teams always fall in the playoffs. Valiant effort, but not conducive to playoff success. Really reminds me of Iverson (without the attitude). When I watch the Bulls, it's all one guy. It seems like 70% of their offense goes through Rose. Fun to watch... but poor guy gonna be disappointed in a few months.

Wow... I disagree. They play some of the best defense in the entire league. Deng, Boozer, and Noah are all very good defenders. Boozer doesn't block shots and get vertical well, but his strength and rebounding ability offset some of those weaknesses. Deng and Noah are are both top five defenders at their respective positions.

Rose is a PG in a SG's body, actually. He is like 6'5" and quick as hell. He jumps out of the gym. Guys won't be able to defend him because he is AMAZING at passing out of double teams or trouble. I will agree that 70% of the offense goes through Rose, because every possession starts with him. But they don't end with him 70% of the time and I think that is a big distinction. With Rose, he moves the ball a lot more than most point guards who dominate the ball. I think he is the best PG in the league. Right in front of DWill. You can have your turnover machine in Rondo. And your mediocre defender in CP3. I think the Bulls are the best when Rose drives or runs pick and roll to start the possession and he kicks out to the perimeter for three or four quick passes and an easy bucket. If they do that consistently in the playoffs, no one will stop them. The Bulls are set up to be a great playoff team. Excellent interior defense. Ability to score tough buckets in the half court. Post Scoring. Excellent wing defenders. Good outside shooters on the wing. An elite PG. Boozer is a very underrated player in terms of his effectiveness. I consider him to be the perfect veteran presence on a fairly young team overall.

I am not saying I think the Bulls will win it all, but in terms of their composition, they have the key qualities of a championship caliber team. And that is where I disagree with your sentiment.

McKeyFan
03-29-2011, 02:28 PM
I watched the game and loved Hibbert, McBob and at-times Collison and Rush, but looking at the box score is what revealed to me how we won this game:

<table>
<tr><td>STARTERS</td><td>+/-</td></tr>
<tr><td>Danny Granger</td><td>-7</td></tr>
<tr><td>Tyler Hansbrough</td><td>-16</td></tr>
<tr><td>Roy Hibbert</td><td>-7</td></tr>
<tr><td>Darren Collison</td><td>-12</td></tr>
<tr><td>Paul George</td><td>-12</td></tr>
<tr><td>&nbsp;</td><td>&nbsp;</td></tr>
<tr><td>BENCH</td><td>+/-</td></tr>
<tr><td>Jeff Foster</td><td>+13</td></tr>
<tr><td>Dahntay Jones</td><td>+14</td></tr>
<tr><td>A.J. Price</td><td>+19</td></tr>
<tr><td>Josh McRoberts</td><td>+24</td></tr>
<tr><td>Brandon Rush</td><td>+19</td></tr>
</table>

We out-benched them.

Didn't Josh finish out the game? At least he did until the final couple minutes, IIRC.

That was a heckuva move by Vogel.

Unclebuck
03-29-2011, 03:41 PM
Wow... I disagree. They play some of the best defense in the entire league. Deng, Boozer, and Noah are all very good defenders. Boozer doesn't block shots and get vertical well, but his strength and rebounding ability offset some of those weaknesses. Deng and Noah are are both top five defenders at their respective positions.

Rose is a PG in a SG's body, actually. He is like 6'5" and quick as hell. He jumps out of the gym. Guys won't be able to defend him because he is AMAZING at passing out of double teams or trouble. I will agree that 70% of the offense goes through Rose, because every possession starts with him. But they don't end with him 70% of the time and I think that is a big distinction. With Rose, he moves the ball a lot more than most point guards who dominate the ball. I think he is the best PG in the league. Right in front of DWill. You can have your turnover machine in Rondo. And your mediocre defender in CP3. I think the Bulls are the best when Rose drives or runs pick and roll to start the possession and he kicks out to the perimeter for three or four quick passes and an easy bucket. If they do that consistently in the playoffs, no one will stop them. The Bulls are set up to be a great playoff team. Excellent interior defense. Ability to score tough buckets in the half court. Post Scoring. Excellent wing defenders. Good outside shooters on the wing. An elite PG. Boozer is a very underrated player in terms of his effectiveness. I consider him to be the perfect veteran presence on a fairly young team overall.

I am not saying I think the Bulls will win it all, but in terms of their composition, they have the key qualities of a championship caliber team. And that is where I disagree with your sentiment.

IMO they have been the best coached team this year.

pacer4ever
03-29-2011, 03:43 PM

They signed thoes two for the Playoffs not the regular season it will be money well spent.

McKeyFan
03-29-2011, 04:18 PM
They signed thoes two for the Playoffs not the regular season it will be money well spent.

Every fadeaway where JO hits the front of the rim will cost them about $40,000 each.

Hoop
03-29-2011, 04:39 PM

Seriously, you are comparing D. Rose and Iverson's game? Just because Rose is not a traditional pass first PG, doesn't mean he is not a PG.

daschysta
03-29-2011, 06:48 PM
Iverson is underrated here. What does rose do as a "point guard" that iverson did not also do? Both dominate the ball and the opportunities they create for their team are born from the attention given by opposing defenses to their penetration.

Iverson actually averaged more assists than rose despite having inferior teamates as a whole (i know they were defensively strong, but they were offensively inept far moreso than chicago outside of iverson).

AI gets underrated largely due to his career coming at just the wrong time for a player of his style. His prime was just before the rules changed that favored quick offensive players and upped their efficiency.

No coincidence that the one year of his prime he did play under those rules (first one in denver) he was far more efficient than the rest of his career.

Now rose has a better attitude than AI, and i'd rather have him for a few reasons, but it's not some laughable proposition to take AI in his prime over current rose, because rose doesn't do much that Iverson didn't also do, whilst being hacked alot more and earning his FT's.

Kid Minneapolis
03-29-2011, 10:28 PM

It's fine to disagree. :) I just don't see the Bulls representing the East in the Finals.

pacergod2
03-30-2011, 10:44 AM
It's fine to disagree. :) I just don't see the Bulls representing the East in the Finals.

I don't think they will either. I could see it next year, though. They are built for a run though, especially looking at home court advantage.