PDA

View Full Version : Trade Artest ?

hoopsforlife
09-29-2004, 11:38 AM
even up for a mediocre season. Salary cap works and everything. :cry:

I say again trading Artest is the dumbest thought anyone who likes the Pacers could have. :confused:

Go Pacers (including Ron Artest, please) :angel:

Ultimate Frisbee
09-29-2004, 01:10 PM
I can't say that I really understand what you're saying...

hoopsforlife
09-29-2004, 02:48 PM

I can't understand why people want to trade Ron. He is one of (if not the most) hard working players the Pacers have. Reggie is probably closest to him.

I think if the Pacers trade Ron they will slip quickly back into the middle of the pack.

A mediocre season would be the norm again. He brings so many intangibles to the table I'm not sure how they can be replaced by another player.

He is only 24 years old now. Another couple of years of maturing and he will be a super star in the league.

Trade him? I just don't see it. :confused: (shakes head slowly side to side) :(

Mourning
09-29-2004, 02:50 PM

He wants to keep Ron, everything else ... makes 2 of us ILovethePacers;).

Regards,

Mourning:cool:

Mourning
09-29-2004, 02:52 PM

I can't understand why people want to trade Ron. He is one of (if not the most) hard working players the Pacers have. Reggie is probably closest to him.

I think if the Pacers trade Ron they will slip quickly back into the middle of the pack.

A mediocre season would be the norm again. He brings so many intangibles to the table I'm not sure how they can be replaced by another player.

He is only 24 years old now. Another couple of years of maturing and he will be a super star in the league.

Trade him? I just don't see it. :confused: (shakes head slowly side to side) :(

Well depends who they trade him for, offcourse, but looking at his age, salary, contributions on both offense and defense, etc. I think that makes it VERY hard for ANY team to come up with something realistic and "fair".

Regards,

Mourning:cool:

hoopsforlife
09-29-2004, 03:46 PM
Threads like these have been going on for years.

I will be very blunt: I agree with you but the reason people want to trady Ron is cause he makes an *** of himself sometimes. There are some people who would glady trade a headache so they dont have to put up with the BS. Ronnie is lucky the Pacers, managment and the fans really like him.

I suppose I make an *** out myself starting threads like this one, but I just have a resigned frustration reading about trading one of our best players away. :(