PDA

View Full Version : Artest for Thomas

Jose Slaughter
09-29-2004, 11:20 AM
It's my understanding that Isiah might still be shopping Kurt Thomas.

This from the NY Post

Isiah Thomas' thirst for size does not appear to be quenched, the Knicks boss set to add Chinese bigman Mengke Bateer to the preseason roster on Monday according to a report in the New York Post.

Bateer, joining his sixth team in three years, will be joined in New York by 5-10 guard Andre Barrett out of Seton Hall who will also receive an invite from the Knicks.

Thomas also continues to shop forward/center Kurt Thomas who he considers not athletic enough for the new Knicks structure. If Thomas is traded the Post reports that the Knicks would have no problem starting a frontcourt tandem of Nazr Mohammed and Vin Baker.

The salaries are almost identical.

Would Thomas do it?

Would Walsh?

Slick Pinkham
09-29-2004, 11:48 AM
32 year old
for
24 year old

who is already a lot better?

IT would do this in a heartbeat. DW would only do this if Isiah has videotape of Donnie "getting nasty" with the sign guy, and is threatening to relase it.

indygeezer
09-29-2004, 12:10 PM
That is simply a BAD trade. I cannot think of anybody on te Knicks I'd trade RA for.

(Do not think of trading him to ANY east team)

waxman
09-29-2004, 12:18 PM
this is silly

N8R
09-29-2004, 12:57 PM
I am a huge Knicks fan and even this trade makes no sense at all to me. Thomas is pretty bad and Artest is the reigning DPOY

Ragnar
09-29-2004, 01:10 PM
Even if IT had such a tape I dont think Donnie would be stupid enough to do this trade.

beast23
09-29-2004, 01:16 PM
Bird has gone on record as saying that Artest is "one of the 10 best players in the league" and that if he continued to grow and could rid himself of his problems that he would be "one of the 5 best players in the league".

Since Bird will not trade Artest unless he receives a comparable player in return, there is no chance of Artest being traded for Thomas.

Unless, of course, you consider Thomas to be one of the 10 best players in the league. Which I know that you don't.

Slick Pinkham
09-29-2004, 01:54 PM
but you're all forgetting that they could throw in Bruno Sundov to even things out!

;)

sweabs
09-29-2004, 01:54 PM
Awful trade - if it happened.

But obviously unless your getting KG or Duncan in return (:laugh:) I'm pretty much all against trading Ron in the first place!

canyoufeelit
09-29-2004, 02:29 PM
On a scale of 1 to crap I rate this trade total crap

N8R
09-29-2004, 06:33 PM
But I wouldn't mind it still, but of course those two are not even close in playing ability

Lord Helmet
09-29-2004, 07:58 PM
That would be an awful trade for us if it happened.But it won't.And it shouldn't.Read my sig.

Anthem
09-29-2004, 08:34 PM
I like Kurt Thomas, actually. Not nearly enough to trade Artest for him, but still.

I wonder if Thomas would take Croshere in return? :devil:

fwpacerfan
09-30-2004, 04:52 PM
I say do this deal. I mean I looked back at the "Artest will be traded for a bag of Purina' threads and it is obvious Artest is bad for this team. I say get something for him before he causes us to lose 65 games this year. I would like to hear from all of the Artest haters? I'd like to get their thoughts.

ChicagoJ
09-30-2004, 05:04 PM
Even *I* wouldn't do this deal.

(Based, solely, on KT's contract paying him an absurd amount of money through 2008-09.)

(Then again, I just wanted the Pacers to let Brad walk to Denver, instead of taking Pollard's bad contract in return - and you can see where that got us.)

Anthem
09-30-2004, 09:39 PM
Seriously, so Thomas is shopping Thomas. What would it take to get him?

Is Pollard too much? Not enough?

DisplacedKnick
10-01-2004, 07:55 AM
Over the summer I could have seen the Pacers considering a Harrington for KT deal (Jackson was a better pickup though).

I don't see them considering an Artest for KT deal.

Wish they would ...

TheSauceMaster
10-01-2004, 10:28 AM
Kurt Thomas :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

smoothie
10-01-2004, 03:26 PM
zeke has gone on record on a local station here in NYC as saying that he would be looking to trade both thomas' (kurt and tim).

what if it were a trade of both thomas' for ron, cro, and pollard?