PDA

View Full Version : Local TV schedule is out

Hicks
09-28-2004, 10:23 AM
I just noticed this browsing pacers.com:

http://www.nba.com/pacers/schedule/index.html

FSN is covering the final preseason game. Friday, October 29th vs Denver.

Looks to be the same as always: WB4 gets most of the away games, FSN gets most of the home games.

This year two games are not on local TV, or National TV:

December 30th @ New Jersey
April 3rd @ Washington

New Jersey's local TV hasn't been announced yet, so no word on if us LPers will be able to see it or not (one of the teams' localTV has to be covering it for LP to get it, right? Or do they do something else?), and unless someone can give me a positive answer to my question, no one will be seeing the Wizards game either; it's one of just two games their local feed isn't covering. :laugh:

ChicagoJ
09-28-2004, 10:58 AM
The Jersey game is on a Thursday - doesn't TNT still have exclusive rights to Thursday night games? If so, that will either be on TNT or not televised at all.

The Washington game at noon on a Sunday - this might be subject to the same ABC national tv blackout rules as last season's Pacers/Cavs game.

I'd count on seeing 80 regular season games.

Look for most home preseason games to show up on the LP at the last minute, using the in-house video feed and Mark and Slick as the announcers. Its not a thing of technical beauty (halfime consists of an end-zone camera pointed at the court, with no audio), but hey its the preseason.

Hicks
09-28-2004, 11:18 AM
I wish I'd get that; but it's sounding like I won't. Everything Dish has told me until now suggests I won't have LP until the beginning of the regular season. :mad:

tora tora
09-28-2004, 01:49 PM
Directv usually carries all the preseason games, it's odd that only 1 of them will be televised this year. Hopefully that eventually changes....

sweabs
09-28-2004, 02:52 PM
:shakehead:

You guys are complaining over 2 missed games!!!

You make me want to puke :laugh:

Lord Helmet
09-28-2004, 06:47 PM
Each year we miss less and less games :cool:

LouisvilleLip
09-28-2004, 07:28 PM

lol for real. I get to see around 10-15 games out of the whole season on tv if im lucky. stupid canada.

sweabs
09-28-2004, 08:48 PM

lol for real. I get to see around 10-15 games out of the whole season on tv if im lucky. stupid canada.

Yup...4 when the Pacers play the Raptors.

Maybe a couple against Cleveland (from the UPN channel).

And then the rest is up to TNT or ABC to broadcast...which was very rare last year.

This is why I depend on the Chat feature (which I hope will be up working soon) to talk with others while they kind of say what is happening, while I frantically click "refresh" on nba.com....

Sadly...I do this every Pacer game...call me dedicated or call me obsessed...I usually get the latter.

Oh yeah...but the FTP site was very nice when some of the games were posted! Thanks to able!

Hicks
09-28-2004, 08:50 PM
*cough* I recorded, edited, formatted, and uploaded those games to the ftp *cough* *cough* :cool:

sweabs
09-28-2004, 08:55 PM
*cough* I recorded, edited, formatted, and uploaded those games to the ftp *cough* *cough* :cool:

Oh my God...I'm so sorry Hicks...I can never keep striaght what you are responsible for and what is able's doing.

Thanks so much for doing that work, Hicks...I'm sure a lot of people appreciate it...especially us foreigners. Seriously - don't feel like your work goes unnoticed around here...:laugh: I just get messed up with all the admins sometimes...

So sorry...:(
:king:

Hicks
09-28-2004, 09:13 PM
Here's how it works:

I created/founded Pacers Digest. I used to do the graphics/website, and the tech side of things as well, along with being the head admin.

Now, able does the tech side of things, hosts the entire site for us, and provides us with the ftp. rabidpacerfan does the graphics. I'm still "king" of the admins, and work with btown, Shade, and kero in maintaining the site in all non-tech ways.

LouisvilleLip
09-28-2004, 10:36 PM
Pacers only play the Raps 3 times this year. Twice in Indy and 1 in Toronto. So that means 1 less guaranteed game I will see on Tv and 1 less chance to see them live in Toronto. The only other channels I will see them on is Nba Tv/Raptors Tv, abc, and the 4 sportsnet stations. I do get atleast 1-3 games every night during the season but they are either a Raptors game or just some random team they feel like showing on sportsnet.

Hopefully with this hockey lockout Rogers (canadian cable provider) will put some serious thought into giving us Nba League Pass. I mean I can buy Nfl Sunday Tickey, MLB Pass, Nhl Pass, but they dont provide NBA. Why the **** not lol. Anyways I hope my problem gets solved someday because it gets discouraging seeing only 10-15 games every regular season of the best team on earth :)

Hicks
09-28-2004, 11:15 PM
As for games on the ftp, I won't be recording every game or anything like that. What I will do, is try to record what I consider "big" games. Like vs Detroit, Miami, San Antonio, etc.

sweabs
09-29-2004, 06:48 AM
Thanks Hicks - you're the man.

And Louisville - I am in exactly the same boat...Raptors TV plays random games...and I still wonder why there is no pass for the NBA like there is for MLB, NHL, and NFL...:confused:

Mourning
09-29-2004, 03:03 PM
OOOPS!

Hicks
09-29-2004, 04:53 PM
Speaking of ftp games, I finally got ECF2004 Game 6 up the other day. Can anyone download it and tell me if it opens the video file correctly or not?

Lord Helmet
09-29-2004, 08:09 PM
Whats ftp? :confused: sorry for being so stupid. ;)