PDA

View Full Version : What about adding this big man?

Mr. Pink
09-28-2004, 12:20 AM
What about Keon Clark?

I have a friend that goes to Danville Com. College, and that's where Keon Clark is spending the offseason. My friend is on the ball team up there so converses with Keon every once and a while. Keon expressed feelings about Jerry Sloan and not wanting to at the Utah Jazz.

Why doesn't the Indiana Pacers try to add Keon. He's a tremendous back-up big man. Adding him would more than likely take this team to a different level. Not many teams are talkin to him. My friend told me that Clippers were trying to get him, but a crap contract has prevented him.

With the championship caliber that the Pacers have, he'd probally come here somewhat cheap. I don't see why they don't pursue Keon. He's a hell of a player.

Sactolover

Kstat
09-28-2004, 12:27 AM
You'd have to find him first......

Two words: Bison Dele.

Suaveness
09-28-2004, 12:29 AM
He's just a bad person. Has trouble staying out of trouble.

Anthem
09-28-2004, 03:19 AM
Why would we need another big man when we've got a potential vice president already coming to training camp?

Cactus Jax
09-28-2004, 08:57 AM
Whoops :(

Keon would be okay, but not all that much better on this team.

ChicagoJ
09-28-2004, 09:29 AM
Keon's in Danville? Or is Keon in the Vermillsion County jail, just outside of Danville? His life seems to be more of the stereotypical small-time criminal than potential star athlete.

If you're going to compare him to anybody, I think the closest comparison might be Leon Smith - he's just not close to being a functional member of adult society. Responsibility ain't his cup of tea - why add that to our already volatile chemistry?

Ultimate Frisbee
09-28-2004, 02:18 PM
I've been promoting Keon for a while... I don't think anyone else really likes the idea, but I think he's way too talented to ignore...

Especially over John Edwards...

sweabs
09-28-2004, 02:57 PM
I agree with you ILovethePacers.

I saw a lot of this guy when he was in Toronto, and he is a real work horse. He is an athletic kid - pretty strong under the boards.

I don't seem to remember him getting into too much trouble while he was here in Toronto...maybe because of his relatively short stay, or perhaps the media just kept it all from us?