PDA

View Full Version : Mike Wells: Foster out tonight vs. 76ers

imbtyler
03-08-2011, 03:45 PM
http://i54.tinypic.com/oghxcg.jpg

I fear this means we'll be seeing Solomon Jones in the lineup tonight, unless Josh plays extra minutes at the 5.

edit: sorry about the cursor in the screenshot. laaame.

PaceBalls
03-08-2011, 03:49 PM
:vaderno:

It's going to be hard to win this one now, as if it wasn't already.

Ozwalt72
03-08-2011, 03:51 PM
We've been playing him a lot here lately. I was just thinking about how his back was treating him, especially since he's been playing so well.

BillS
03-08-2011, 03:52 PM
Hmm.

I don't like missing Foster, but does Philly's backup frontcourt have a rep for offensive boards? If not, we miiiiiiight be OK.

k_lewis93
03-08-2011, 03:56 PM
Oh great...Please don't play Solo!!!!

BillS
03-08-2011, 04:02 PM
Oh great...Please don't play Solo!!!!

Then who are you going to play? Josh for 48 minutes? Or are you going to "go small" like so many people love on here?

This whole "OMG these guys SUCK" thing for anyone with over 6 years in the league is stupid. He's a backup. You have him as a backup. USE him as a backup. What other option have you got?

Psyren
03-08-2011, 04:03 PM
Oh no. Here comes Solo...

Well, so much for rebounding...

BringJackBack
03-08-2011, 04:04 PM
I'd rather play Josh 48 minutes AND go small as long as we don't have to see Solo.

vnzla81
03-08-2011, 04:04 PM
Then who are you going to play? Josh for 48 minutes? Or are you going to "go small" like so many people love on here?

This whole "OMG these guys SUCK" thing for anyone with over 6 years in the league is stupid. He's a backup. You have him as a backup. USE him as a backup. What other option have you got?

Posey? :D

Bball
03-08-2011, 04:05 PM
Suspended for a game over the lockerroom argument, huh? Green?

90'sNBARocked
03-08-2011, 04:05 PM
Im probably alone in this but I think Solo is actually a little better player than most give him credit for

I hope he plays and does well. I am excited to see him play

spazzxb
03-08-2011, 04:06 PM
Posey? :D

You seem to be forgetting Foster is a Center.

BPump33
03-08-2011, 04:07 PM
Obviously, Jeff is not hurt. He's just sick and tired of the young guys in the locker room not listening to him.

I thought I would get that out there in green before someone seriously suggested it.

BRushWithDeath
03-08-2011, 04:08 PM

You play Josh McRoberts 18 minutes at PF with Roy Hibbert and 18 minutes at Center with Tyler Hansbrough.

You play Hansbrough the other 30 minutes at PF and Hibbert the other 30 minutes at C.

You can play a 3 big rotation when one of them can rotate between the two positions. Josh can.

But we'll play Solomon. And while I don't think Solomon is nearly as bad as everybody else, I would rather just play the the three.

BillS
03-08-2011, 04:08 PM
Obviously, Jeff is not hurt. He's just sick and tired of the young guys in the locker room not listening to him.

I thought I would get that out there in green before someone seriously suggested it.

Spinuspoutitis? :zip:

BPump33
03-08-2011, 04:11 PM
You play Josh McRoberts 18 minutes at PF with Roy Hibbert and 18 minutes at Center with Tyler Hansbrough.

You play Hansbrough the other 30 minutes at PF and Hibbert the other 30 minutes at C.

You can play a 3 big rotation when one of them can rotate between the two positions. Josh can.

But we'll play Solomon. And while I don't think Solomon is nearly as bad as everybody else, I would rather just play the the three.

I agree with you, but that would make me worry about tomorrow night's game being a back to back on the road against a good rebounding team (Love).

I Love P
03-08-2011, 04:14 PM
Hopefully this isnt serious for Jeff, we can't afford to have him miss significant time. I hope Solo does not play tonight, I cannot wait to see how many times he gets a hand or two on the ball but doesn't come up with the rebound. He is very active but just cant get the ball, it's very sad.

I had a strong feeling we would lose this game tonight despite the "player only meeting". But since Jeff is out I feel more confident in my feeling. After this loss all hell might break lose.

Philly want this win more than the Pacers, I guarantee you. And I don't care that the Pacers are fighting to make the playoffs, Philly is battling for the 6th seed vs New York. If this team wanted it more they would have showed up the last week...this team shows no effort at all.

Hicks
03-08-2011, 04:15 PM

Yeah, right.

BillS
03-08-2011, 04:16 PM

I may be a little biased because I just don't think Josh is a great option at Center for more than spot minutes.

However, I agree with BPump33 that you are essentially using all the gas in the tank tonight and won't have anything left for tomorrow night.

BRushWithDeath
03-08-2011, 04:17 PM
I agree with you, but that would make me worry about tomorrow night's game being a back to back on the road against a good rebounding team (Love).

Meh. Love will get his 20+ points and 15+ rebounds and we'll still win because in the only stat that matters, Love can't get it done. I am not concerned with tomorrow.

Tonight's game is more important anyway since they are an Eastern Conference team. I'd rather give myself the best chance tonight and worry about tomorrow then.

Since86
03-08-2011, 04:19 PM
Spinuspoutitis? :zip:

Too bad that's not sarcasm.

BPump33
03-08-2011, 04:19 PM
Meh. Love will get his 20+ points and 15+ rebounds and we'll still win because in stat that matter, Love can't get it done. I am not concerned with tomorrow.

Tonight's game is more important anyway since they are an Eastern Conference team. I'd rather give myself the best chance tonight and worry about tomorrow then.

Unfortunately, with our play lately I am still concerned with tomorrow. I do agree that tonight is more important.

dgranger17
03-08-2011, 04:24 PM
If this team wanted it more they would have showed up the last week...this team shows no effort at all.

This.

The thing I like about Solomon is that he's extremely active. Granted, his activity sometimes doesn't matter because when he's not coming up with the rebound or loose ball, he's committing an offensive foul. He reminds me of a puppy, he's so excited out there and bouncing around that I think he forgets what he's doing sometimes. Yet, I love the fact that he tries hard so I let it slide. Let's hope he's hitting that 13-15 footer tonight, because we'll need it. Another reason I'm not worried... Spencer Hawes

dal9
03-08-2011, 04:24 PM
Im probably alone in this but I think Solo is actually a little better player than most give him credit for

I hope he plays and does well. I am excited to see him play

i agree that he is underrated here, and he is a decent player most nights, but "being excited to see Solomon Jones play" is going a little overboard isn't it? :)

Sookie
03-08-2011, 04:27 PM
:( :(

Please please just a three man post rotation tonight. PLEASE. Maybe use Granger at the 4 if need be.

Naptown_Seth
03-08-2011, 04:30 PM
In Boston for HAND SURGERY.

:box:

pacer4ever
03-08-2011, 04:32 PM
:( :(

Please please just a three man post rotation tonight. PLEASE. Maybe use Granger at the 4 if need be.

so 2mrw we will get blown out??? I would perfer more because we play 2mrw nite.

CableKC
03-08-2011, 04:46 PM
Does Bird have enough time to buy out Solo, sign Magnum and fly Magnum out to Indy in the span of 3 hours?

BRushWithDeath
03-08-2011, 04:47 PM
Does Bird have enough time to buy out Solo, sign Magnum and fly Magnum out to Indy in the span of 3 hours?

Magnum Rolle is not better than Solomon Jones.

BPump33
03-08-2011, 04:48 PM

Haha, I knew you were writing that.

cdash
03-08-2011, 04:49 PM

But he's young! And he has an awesome name!

I think the difference between those two is so miniscule that it doesn't really matter. Neither one of them will make any sort of impact.

CableKC
03-08-2011, 04:54 PM
I forgot to color my post in green.....I was half-joking.....but honestly...I wouldn't mind seeing "Magnum Rolle" into town to fill out the rest of our Frontcourt next season.

Solo and his inability to really rebound does nothing for me.

BRushWithDeath
03-08-2011, 04:55 PM
But he's young! And he has an awesome name!

He is actually older than Josh McRoberts.

No denying the awesome name.

If his basketball game was half as good as his name and tweeting ability, he'd be worth having around. But it isn't.

Hopefully this is my final Magnum Rolle post. Ever.

ColeTheMole
03-08-2011, 04:57 PM
Imagine if the Mcroberts trade would have went through. LOL at what the frontcourt rotation would be tonight.

BRushWithDeath
03-08-2011, 04:58 PM
Imagine if the Mcroberts trade would have went through. LOL at what the frontcourt rotation would be tonight.

It would have been Roy Hibbert, Tyler Hansbrough, Solomon Jones, and James Posey.

Or what we've already had for quite a few previous games.

MyUsername
03-08-2011, 04:59 PM
The other night when I saw Foster hang on the rim I immediately though "That back of his....."

pacer4ever
03-08-2011, 04:59 PM

imagine the wing rotation :drool:

Plus we were getting a big back in the trade

Bball
03-08-2011, 05:44 PM
Yeah, right.

I was joking but seriously it wouldn't surprise me to see the team giving Foster some time off to cool down and get over his frustrations- "Yeah... it's frustrating for you... And your back is acting up... Tell you what... Why don't you take a game or two or whatever you need, get some treatments on your back, get away from things for a bit, and then see if you're in a better frame of mind a few days down the road".

BillS
03-08-2011, 06:16 PM
I was joking but seriously it wouldn't surprise me to see the team giving Foster some time off to cool down and get over his frustrations- "Yeah... it's frustrating for you... And your back is acting up... Tell you what... Why don't you take a game or two or whatever you need, get some treatments on your back, get away from things for a bit, and then see if you're in a better frame of mind a few days down the road".

And that sends a great message to your locker room - "You don't HAVE to listen to the veterans, we'll send 'em away if there is trouble. You really DO know it all."

I sincerely hope this is not in any remote way shape or form the case or the message.

Pacer Fan
03-08-2011, 06:32 PM
:happydancWell, If Solo does play, I think he will do great...I predict a low double double!:happydanc

Heck, I've gotta change my robodoug score to a Pacers win now!!

OakMoses
03-08-2011, 06:37 PM
One thing to consider is that Philadelphia does not really have a center. Spencer Hawes is Troy Murphy +2 inches and a coach that's smart enough not to give him many minutes. Speights is no more a center than Josh is. Their low post scorer / dirty work guy is Brand, and he's no bigger than Tyler. If there were a game where you wanted to play Josh extended minutes at the C, you couldn't pick a much better one.

Pacer Fan
03-08-2011, 06:41 PM
One thing to consider is that Philadelphia does not really have a center. Spencer Hawes is Troy Murphy +2 inches and a coach that's smart enough not to give him many minutes. Speights is no more a center than Josh is. Their low post scorer / dirty work guy is Brand, and he's no bigger than Tyler. If there were a game where you wanted to play Josh extended minutes at the C, you couldn't pick a much better one.

Spot on...But, Go Solo!

:dance::dance::dance:

BringJackBack
03-08-2011, 07:56 PM
Josh is playing backup center tonight and Danny might play some four.

owl
03-08-2011, 08:12 PM
I think is a sad commentary on the big man situation on the Pacers. Jeff is out and the
Pacers have no other options.

90'sNBARocked
03-08-2011, 08:15 PM
i agree that he is underrated here, and he is a decent player most nights, but "being excited to see Solomon Jones play" is going a little overboard isn't it? :)

LOL

I tell ya man, I had to have my 95 yr old grandma SLAP ME TO CALM ME DOWN

:)