PDA

View Full Version : You Be Frank: Make an 8 man rotation for the rest of the season.

xIndyFan
03-07-2011, 03:45 PM
right now the pacers are using an 11 man rotation. and trying to play the young guys and make the playoffs both at the same time. it would appear that trying to do both things at the same time is the same as doing neither. actually that’s not true. if you play the kids and they mess up without penalty, the vets will stop playing hard and just go thru the motions. you can fool the fans on what you’re doing with the rotation, but you cannot fool the veteran players. as soon as the goal is not winning the games for the team, the goal for the vets is getting my numbers.

the vets are starting to yell at the kids to pay attention to what they are doing and it’s 50/50 if the kids are paying attention. so what should the pacers do? and what rotation should they use?

pacers need to pick and 8 man rotation to play each game. if you want to move guys in and out of the rotation because of poor play, that’s fine. but you have to have an identity and a plan. right now the pacers have neither.

here are my ideas on some rotations.

1) pacers should try to make the playoffs. [ie try to win]

PG – DC/AJ
SG – george/[rush or dahntay]
SF – granger
PF – foster, mcroberts
C – hibbert

rational: these are the guys that can both play and won’t make mistakes. you’re counting on DC, paul, danny and roy to score. jeff and josh to rebound and defend. try to win as many games as you can. if more scoring is needed in the front court, sub tyler for jeff or josh.

2) play the kids.

PG – AJ/DC
SG – George/Stephenson
SF – Granger
PF – McRoberts/Hansbrough
C – Hibbert

rational: pretty straight forward. sit the vets. let the kids play and live with their mistakes. since AJ and DC are both young, I put Stephenson at SG. it will not hurt his development to spend the rest of the season as a 2 instead of a 1. actually it will probably be good for him working without the ball for a change.

3) start the goon squad + danny

PG – AJ/DC
SG – george/dahntay
SF – granger
PF – hanbrough
C – foster/hibbert

rational: the good squad has been the closest to a smashmouth team that the pacers have. they play with force and are willing to bang. pacers want to be a smashmouth team, time to play smashmouth players.

now these are not the only lineups the pacers could use of course. I am open to suggestion. rules are simple. 8 man rotations. that forces choices. if you want to add a guy to get developmental minutes, fine just indicate who gets to play for 5mpg and who is a real rotation player.

luis3ep
03-07-2011, 03:51 PM
Lance needs to get some minutes at PG. he's too good to just go against Shooting Guards, he needs to take advantage of the size difference against smaller point guards.

xIndyFan
03-07-2011, 03:52 PM
forgot to add mine.

PG - AJ/Lance
SG - george/dahntay
SF - danny
PF - jeff/josh
C - roy

my thinking is AJ is your best PG, start him. if lance can play well enough, [ie remember where he's supposed to be], then let him get minutes as the backup PG. if he is an epic fail, then play DC. time for paul to fish or cut bait. if he is a good player, then be a good player. let's score 500 points in the last 30 games. it is time to be the man. dahntay is the only guy physical enough to play the 3. plus he defends. and is willing to score. jeff right now is probably the teams best big. and josh is playing better than tyler.

xIndyFan
03-07-2011, 03:53 PM
Lance needs to get some minutes at PG. he's too good to just go against Shooting Guards, he needs to take advantage of the size difference against smaller point guards.

ok, so pick an 8 man rotation. who plays and who sits?

LA_Confidential
03-07-2011, 03:54 PM
DC/Lance
George/Rush
Danny
Tyler/Josh
Roy/

Why? Simple, these are the best players on the team.

Day-V
03-07-2011, 03:54 PM
PG- DC/Lance
SG- Paul/Rush
SF- Danny
PF- Tyler/Josh
C- Roy

BringJackBack
03-07-2011, 03:58 PM
I like these threads about once a month to figure out the forum's "Pulses" on players and rotations. Here's mine.. It's a lot different than what is going on right now and there is like 0% chance that this rotation happens:

Lance*/DC
George/Lance/Rush
Granger/Rush
Hansbrough/McRoberts
Hibbert/Foster

That's nine deep, but a lot of games Rush will only play like 5 minutes per. A couple of things:

-I put Hansbrough into the starting lineup.. I think he's grown a lot and he'll play better as a starter.

-I am starting George.. But at this point it should be a common sense thing.

*I think Lance is too talented to not be playing a lot of minutes. I'm in a huge minority but it's whatever. He seems to be very good and he should be playing ahead of DC (With the way he's been playing) and AJ. Lance also gets our starters going; Particularly Danny and Hansbrough.

Again this is a dream world where Lance is conditioned too. :laugh:

Sookie
03-07-2011, 03:58 PM
It depends on what you want to do..

You want to win (I'm gonna make it nine, because you can't cut any of the bigs, and we need another wing.)

AJ/DC (this is called making DC's head explode with Dahntay..)
PG/Dahntay
Danny
Josh/Hans
Hibbert/Foster

You want to develop the kids
DC/AJ/Lance
PG/Lance
Danny/Rush
Josh/Tyler
Hibbert/Foster (This is called making Foster's head explode with all the kids..)

Combo..I think the 10 man rotation is needed

DC/AJ
PG/Lance
Danny/Dahntay
Josh/Tyler
Hibbert/Foster

luis3ep
03-07-2011, 03:59 PM
Point Guard - DC, if he keeps playing like *****, bench him for AJ.
Shooting Guard - Paul George
Small Forward - Danny Granger
Power Forward - Tyler Hansbrough
Center - Roy Hibbert

Bench -
Point Guard - AJ Price / Lance
Shooting Guard - Rush / Dahntay
Small Forward - Granger / George
Power Forward - McRoberts / Foster
Center - Foster

i don't even know if that's an 8 man rotation and i dont care. I have nothing against McRoberts, but i think Tyler needs starters minutes to really contribute to this team like i know he can. I'm giving DC a little more time to play better, but if he keeps this poor form, he needs to get benched. AJ is more than capable. Lance needs more minutes, and Paul George needs to take Rush's minutes. I appreciate the 17pt 4th quarter Dahntay had a few games back, but he's playing average at best again. Foster is our best rebounder by far, and is VERY solid despite his age. I love Foster.

Jared Sullinger
03-07-2011, 04:02 PM
Collison/Stephenson
George/Stephenson
Granger/George
Hansbrough/McRoberts
Hibbert/Foster

DemonHunter1105
03-07-2011, 04:03 PM
PG – DC/Stephenson
SG – Rush/George
SF – Granger
PF – Hansbrough/McRoberts
C – Hibbert

That's what I want. I think Paul would look so much better if he got more time with Josh and Lance so he could be more of a focal point on offense/not have to do all the work himself. The other reason I swapped Josh with Hans is because it seems smarter to me to have someone at PF who can get his own shot or is at least willing to call his own number more often than Josh does. Then Brandon is still in the lineup because I think his defense is needed on the other teams starting SGs/SFs plus he can always knock down 3s.

I would feel really bad for AJ still since he can ball better than DC and Lance at times but someone has to be left out. In all honesty, we need Foster's toughness and D too but an 8 man rotation is what you asked for so that is what I gave.

xIndyFan
03-07-2011, 04:04 PM
It depends on what you want to do..

You want to win (I'm gonna make it nine, because you can't cut any of the bigs, and we need another wing.)

AJ/DC
PG/Dahntay
Danny
Josh/Hans
Hibbert/Foster

You want to develop the kids
DC/AJ/Lance
PG/Lance
Danny/Rush
Josh/Tyler
Hibbert/Foster

Combo..I think the 10 man rotation is needed

DC/AJ
PG/Lance
Danny/Dahntay
Josh/Tyler
Hibbert/Foster

but sookie, now you have what the pacers have currently. trying to win and play the kids at the same time. if you are going to play the kids without expecting them to win, you will lose the vets. jmo, but you cannot play a 10 man do both lineup. there has to be a choice. otherwise the vets will tune vogel out and the pacers go 5-25.

Ozwalt72
03-07-2011, 04:06 PM
I think we'd be worse with an 8 man rotation than we would with our current 11 man.

We need all four of our bigs. Anything less than a 9 man rotation won't function...and that would leave out a couple of players some want to see play.

BringJackBack
03-07-2011, 04:07 PM
Here is why I am not starting DC too. This is bad for a scorer:

MikeWellsNBA Mike Wells
Darren Collison is shooting 36 percent and has less than a 2-to-1 assist-to-turnover ratio in the past 12 games. Indy 5-7 in those games
1 hour ago

Sookie
03-07-2011, 04:09 PM
but sookie, now you have what the pacers have currently. trying to win and play the kids at the same time. if you are going to play the kids without expecting them to win, you will lose the vets. jmo, but you cannot play a 10 man do both lineup. there has to be a choice. otherwise the vets will tune vogel out and the pacers go 5-25.

we have an 11 man rotation right now, we were doing well with a 10 man rotation.

Pacergeek
03-07-2011, 04:10 PM
I think we'd be worse with an 8 man rotation than we would with our current 11 man.

We need all four of our bigs. Anything less than a 9 man rotation won't function...and that would leave out a couple of players some want to see play.

PG-DC/AJ
SG-Rush-Dahntay Jones
SF-Granger
PF-Josh Mcroberts-Tyler Hansbrough
C-Hibbert-Foster

Gus
03-07-2011, 04:16 PM
I think the 10 man rotation is best... 8 is not enough

xIndyFan
03-07-2011, 04:17 PM
we have an 11 man rotation right now, we were doing well with a 10 man rotation.

yes we have had success with a 10/11 man rotation. as long as the young players play well, then it will continue to have success. but as soon as the young players stop playing well and still get minutes, that will end. once the vets decide that vogel won't hold the kids accountable, they stop playing to win and just start playing to play or start playing for numbers. a 10/11 man rotation like the pacers have works when winning. there has to be some consequence for bad play. otherwise [don't remember who said this] you get the young players thinking 'it's ok to lose as long as i get my minutes.' at that point, the season is over.

PaceBalls
03-07-2011, 04:20 PM
Is 8 enough? If I had to choose...

Starters,
AJ
Paul
Danny
Tyler
Jeff

Bench
DJones
Josh
Lance

pacergod2
03-07-2011, 04:28 PM
On a contender, I can see using an 8-man rotation. But to do so, the team would need versatile backups. If we made our backups Lance (PG/SG), George (SG/SF), and Josh (PF/C), that would meet the criteria.

That would leave our starters as DC, Rush, Granger, Tyler, and Hibbert.

I have the exact same rotation as DemonHunter1105.

One of our greatest strengths is our depth. From a coaching perspective, it makes no sense to go with less than a 9- or 10-man rotation. We need to utilize our depth to be a better team. I completely disagree with an 11-man rotation though. It messes up rotations too much, IMO.

If we made it a 10-man rotation I would include Foster and Price, which is exactly what I would be running right now.

Il Ragionier Ugo Fantozzi
03-07-2011, 04:49 PM
PG - Collison
SG - Rush
SF - Granger
PF - McRoberts
C - Hibbert

Stephenson
George
Hansbrough

Brad8888
03-07-2011, 05:14 PM
I would go 10 deep, as follows:

Collison / Price / Stephenson
Rush / George / Stephenson
Granger / George
McRoberts / Hansbrough / Foster
Hibbert / Foster / McRoberts

This gives the most versatility in size and quickness on the perimeter while maintaining at least some size on the floor on the inside, with the most possible matchup problems for the opposition to plan for. It also gives Stephenson and George and McRoberts more time on the floor.

Yes, this rotation even goes into the possibility of even having two combo guards on the floor at the same time which I still cringe at, but I suspect that it wouldn't be as revolting as it was previously due to the rest of the changes that have been put into place.

Rogco
03-07-2011, 05:41 PM
I like these threads about once a month to figure out the forum's "Pulses" on players and rotations. Here's mine.. It's a lot different than what is going on right now and there is like 0% chance that this rotation happens:

Lance*/DC
George/Lance/Rush
Granger/Rush
Hansbrough/McRoberts
Hibbert/Foster

That's nine deep, but a lot of games Rush will only play like 5 minutes per. A couple of things:

-I put Hansbrough into the starting lineup.. I think he's grown a lot and he'll play better as a starter.

-I am starting George.. But at this point it should be a common sense thing.

*I think Lance is too talented to not be playing a lot of minutes. I'm in a huge minority but it's whatever. He seems to be very good and he should be playing ahead of DC (With the way he's been playing) and AJ. Lance also gets our starters going; Particularly Danny and Hansbrough.

Again this is a dream world where Lance is conditioned too. :laugh:

I actually would love to see that starting line-up right now. I know it's probably to extreme to start Lance, George and Hans, but if Vogel had the balls to just say F-it and try it out for a night. Hell, it can't be worse than the starting unit lately, and with the explosive play of Lance and George, combined with a big man presence, the toughness of Hans and Granger the glue they might just pull it off.

pacer4ever
03-07-2011, 06:37 PM
I would go 10 deep, as follows:

Collison / Price / Stephenson
Rush / George / Stephenson
Granger / George
McRoberts / Hansbrough / Foster
Hibbert / Foster / McRoberts

This gives the most versatility in size and quickness on the perimeter while maintaining at least some size on the floor on the inside, with the most possible matchup problems for the opposition to plan for. It also gives Stephenson and George and McRoberts more time on the floor.

Yes, this rotation even goes into the possibility of even having two combo guards on the floor at the same time which I still cringe at, but I suspect that it wouldn't be as revolting as it was previously due to the rest of the changes that have been put into place.
Thats pretty muc what we do now - DJ

pacer4ever
03-07-2011, 06:38 PM

No we were doing well because we werent playing anybody good when Vogel first took over.

Eleazar
03-07-2011, 06:43 PM
An 8 man rotation is only a smart idea if you are a championship team that does not have much depth beyond the 8th player, and even then if you can only go 8 deep you probably aren't a championship caliber team. You might be a really good team that can win 50+ games, but not a championship team.

The Pacers are not in the position for an 8 man rotation, in fact I think it would be the worst thing to do. One of the strengths of this team is that the back-ups (for the most part) aren't that much worse than the player in front of them at every position. Being able to go 10 deep is the biggest strength of this team.

Brad8888
03-07-2011, 06:47 PM
Thats pretty muc what we do now - DJ

Yep. Vogel is handling things well and using DJ for a spark, but more than I would, especially with an eye a little more on the future.

Hicks
03-07-2011, 07:03 PM
I'd probably go with 9, but if I'm forced to use 8, and if I'm assuming current slumps won't last forever, here's what I do:

Collison, Jones, Granger, McRoberts, Hibbert start.

Stephenson, George, and Foster off the bench.

I'd like to say Tyler, but Jeff is more important than Tyler right now IMO if we're still trying to make the playoffs. Jeff comes in for Roy, Roy comes back in for Josh, then Josh comes back in for Jeff.

imbtyler
03-07-2011, 07:14 PM
without reading anyone else's suggestions:

PG: DC/Lance
SG: Paul/Rush
SF: Danny
PF: Josh/Tyler
Ce: Roy

Paul plays extra minutes behind Danny, Josh backs up Roy, and Lance hits the 2-spot under necessary conditions. I'd like to see it happen, though I doubt it could come away with decent production, besides the increase due to confidence/consistency boost.

speakout4
03-07-2011, 07:25 PM
DC/Lance
PG/Dahntay
DG/PG
Tyler/Josh
Foster/Hibbert

Pacers4Life
03-07-2011, 07:30 PM
You want to see the REAL ugly side of Roy Hibbert? Start Tyler hans.. Big Roy would average 7 pts a game

McRobs passing is TOO key in establishing hibs.

As may be Mike Dunleavy.. To everyone?

BringJackBack
03-07-2011, 07:33 PM
You want to see the REAL ugly side of Roy Hibbert? Start Tyler hans.. Big Roy would average 7 pts a game

That's just a myth that's neither proven nor unproven.

Early on Josh was doing a great job of setting Roy up, but slowly it has disintegrated and it's almost gone now. If anything for right now it'd help to start Tyler because the defense can't leave Hansbrough like the can Josh because Hansbrough has a solid mid-range jumper. Hansbrough also brings PnR offense and he's another body that has to be covered.

I'm still on the fence about Tyler starting though because I'm scared of Tyler having like 20 FGA's in one quarter or something.

Pacers4Life
03-07-2011, 07:37 PM
RIght on man, valid claims. Got my mind thinking differently.. But its still something I don't want to see this year I'm pretty sure. Shame on me if you are correct and psycho T averages like 17 a game as does #55..

BringJackBack
03-07-2011, 07:39 PM
I'm not saying it will really help, but I don't think it will do any damage. :laugh:

I want to see it down the line, but I want to keep using Josh for now (As in the next few games) because when he is playing good and focused he is very helpful. He just has some consistency/disappearing problems.

PacerHound
03-07-2011, 08:17 PM
The idea that the young guys are hurting the vets – give me a break. Their only hope is the young guys. In fact, if I was only going to an eight man rotation the guys that would not be getting on the floor would be mostly vets. It takes some gall for some of the vets to be calling anybody out until their own play makes some dramatic improvement and I do mean dramatic. Better look in the mirror vets.

Pacer Fan
03-08-2011, 08:18 AM
Can't do 8 man with the upcoming schedule, They'ed be worn out by playoff time. I do think Rush and McBob should come off the bench to sure up the 2nd unit better. Danny needs to start shooting more and Hans / Hibbert need to box out better, Stephenson needs to chill alittle at times, go with the flow and maybe he can find his stroke. 2nd unit would have alot more options then normal. Rush needs to step up, AJ needs to look before shooting.
If any SF, SG is getting it on, Do not pull them out.

DC / AJ
Stephenson / Rush
Granger / George
Hans / McBob
Hibbert / Foster

Mackey_Rose
03-08-2011, 08:24 AM
Price/Collison
George/Rush
Granger/George
McRoberts/Hansbrough
Hibbert/McRoberts

Will Galen
03-08-2011, 08:27 AM
If it has to be eight players. I would start Stephenson and then have him back up George. George would then back up Granger.

I want to try Hans as a starter, but I don't want McRoberts and Foster on the same line, so I would move Hibbert to backup center and start McRoberts at center. That way Hibbert could get his confidence going against the other teams second center. If Hibbert gets it going I would start him the second half and move McRoberts over to power forward like it is now.

Stephenson/DC
George/Stephenson
Granger/George
Hans/Foster
McRoberts/Hibbert

BRushWithDeath
03-08-2011, 08:59 AM
Price/Collison
George/Rush
Granger/George
McRoberts/Hansbrough
Hibbert/McRoberts

This.

It'd be tempting to move Stephenson in for Collison but you cannot do that given how much is invested in Collison succeeding and how little maturity Lance possesses.

PG: Price(28 min)-Collison (20 min)
SG: George (22 min)-Rush (26 min)
SF: Granger (36 min)-George (12 min)
PF: McRoberts (18 min) - Hansbrough (30 min)
C: Hibbert (30 min) - McRoberts (18 min)

Foster is the 4th big in foul trouble situations which will be frequent.
Stephenson gets foul trouble minutes at PG and SG if necessary.
D. Jones is the emergency wing.
S. Jones is the emergency big.

Dunleavy, Ford, and Posey sit and look dapper.

Volginator
03-08-2011, 11:27 AM
Collison/Price
George/Stephenson/Rush
Granger/Jones
Tyler/Josh
Hibbert/Foster

More than 8 man, I would let George start with Lance as his back-up merely to increase trade value. In his less than one season with the Pacers or even in the NBA he has managed to *allegedly* push his girlfriend down the stairs blah blah blah heard it a thousand times. His case did get dismissed I know and I'm happy about that but when you play your 5th game and players are yelling in the huddle/ and behind closed doors. Time to prove your worth the trouble or improve your trade value for the summer. We can't give away the 8th seed and its not like we have been playing anybody at the 2 spot oh my bad I guess Brandon was at least on the floor....

diamonddave00
03-08-2011, 11:50 AM
I'd prefer a 10 man rotation 8 is not enough .

With Foster's back more than a 12-15 minute a night workload is too much. So my only change is Dahntay Jones joins James Posey as a uniformed well paid fan. Paul can play the back up small forward minutes in addition to shooting guard minutes.

After appearing to be refocused and driven early in the season B. Rush has gone back to his passive frustrating ways he's averaging only 5.6 ppg in 10 games under Vogel and once again seems very uninterested while on the court.

Playing Lance at both sg/pg seems a better way to see what he could develop into down the road than playing Dahntay who's future role here should be very limited.

90'sNBARocked
03-08-2011, 12:17 PM
8 Man Rotation

DC/Lance
George/AJ/Rush
Ty/Josh
Roy

90'sNBARocked
03-08-2011, 12:17 PM
How about

Posey
Posey
Posey
Posey
Posey
Posey
Posey

and Posey

tde3000
03-08-2011, 12:25 PM
i'm surprised by the fact that not even one of the posts had the word "frankly" in it.

90'sNBARocked
03-08-2011, 12:43 PM
i'm surprised by the fact that not even one of the posts had the word "frankly" in it.

by the way fam, you are not the only Pacer fan in Israel

We have a few on the board I believe :)

maragin
03-08-2011, 01:01 PM
Warning, incoming unpopular opinion: If your only goal is winning games this season (and this season only), I think you have to consider playing Ford at the point.

pacer4ever
03-08-2011, 01:08 PM
Warning, incoming unpopular opinion: If your only goal is winning games this season (and this season only), I think you have to consider playing Ford at the point.

NO and thats not the goal

maragin
03-08-2011, 01:14 PM
NO and thats not the goal

I'm not surprised that you misunderstood my comment. I presented a potential set of hypothetical parameters not exactly in line with the OP. I then followed it with a "you have to consider every possibility" remark, which is relevant considering how poorly our point guards have been playing.

pacer4ever
03-08-2011, 01:19 PM
I'm not surprised that you misunderstood my comment. I presented a potential set of hypothetical parameters not exactly in line with the OP. I then followed it with a "you have to consider every possibility" remark, which is relevant considering how poorly our point guards have been playing.

I think the FO is using this period to evualte the young talent and seeing what they have. Plus what they need going forward. TJ wont be here next year no reason for him to play. Thats why the Dunleavy injury is a blessing in a way we get to evulate our wing talent better. So now the FO should know they need to upgrade mutliple areas.

maragin
03-08-2011, 01:39 PM
I think the FO is using this period to evualte the young talent and seeing what they have. Plus what they need going forward. TJ wont be here next year no reason for him to play. Thats why the Dunleavy injury is a blessing in a way we get to evulate our wing talent better. So now the FO should know they need to upgrade mutliple areas.

I totally and complete agree.

I wasn't even talking about the future or "real life". I was posing the though that if the only thing that mattered was winning right right now, I think you'd have to consider Ford in your 8. That's all.

BRushWithDeath
03-08-2011, 02:27 PM
I totally and complete agree.

I wasn't even talking about the future or "real life". I was posing the though that if the only thing that mattered was winning right right now, I think you'd have to consider Ford in your 8. That's all.

I disagree. The reason Collison has so thoroughly sucked is because he is TJ Ford with a jumpshot and lately that jumpshot hasn't been falling. The way DC is playing right now is the same way TJ Ford played the entire time he's been a Pacer.

pacergod2
03-08-2011, 02:54 PM
I disagree. The reason Collison has so thoroughly sucked is because he is TJ Ford with a jumpshot and lately that jumpshot hasn't been falling. The way DC is playing right now is the same way TJ Ford played the entire time he's been a Pacer.

I find Collison's game eerily similar to TJ's from his early years. They have they killer tear drop in the lane. They are good passers to bigs, but struggle passing out of the lane to an open shooter due to their height. Both are deficient defensively. TJ Ford loses some of his quickness and now he is a borderline NBA player. I foresee that happening to DC as well, unfortunately. I think he brings a lot to the table right now. I would love to package him to a team as part of a package to upgrade one of the positions on our roster. I think AJ and Lance have less value in terms of trades right now. I might look to deal Collison as one of the main pieces in a deal. I really like Collison, but I think his shelf-life is short. Collison IMO is a lot like Ford in that I see him being a solid backup, but not much more than a change of pace PG to push the tempo on a second unit.

I am not hating on Collison, but quickness fades and you need something more long-term. At least Collison is a much better outside shooter than Ford. I think Collison's biggest issue right now is that he is pushing too hard and playing outside of his natural tempo/flow. Players hit a bad stretch and then "press" to make things happen and that increasees turnovers and frustration. I want to see DC slow it down a bit and do what he does best. Get into the lane and make things happen. I think he might be feeling the heat with AJ and Lance playing more and better.

I wouldn't mind seeing Lance and AJ as our long-term PG's, preferring to have AJ start and Lance play heavy minutes as the backup combo guard. It is the perfect situation to have the ball in Lance's hands more. AJ is more mature and a natural leader, IMO. I think he is the best defender of the three and has the best outside shot of the three. I want to see more of what Lance gives in the way of his three point shot, though. I think AJ has the best chance to become a stabilizing force as a leader at PG, like a Chauncey Billups or Mark Jackson type. Smart, efficient, leader, good passer, good outside shot, solid defensively (not great). The type of PG that helps you because he doesn't hurt you in most instances. I think Lance has electric scoring ability, which you have to utilize if you are a coach. The second unit is a perfect match for him.

BRushWithDeath
03-08-2011, 03:12 PM
Very, very well said pacergod2.

Ozwalt72
03-08-2011, 03:15 PM
TJ Ford loses some of his quickness and now he is a borderline NBA player.

I don't think him losing quickness is the reason. I think it's that he plays scared since that injury against Horford. If not scared...he's toned down his athleticism. He wasn't afraid to elevate in traffic before then.

Eleazar
03-09-2011, 05:30 PM
If I had to choose this is what I would do.

PG: AJ - DC
SG: Rush - Lance
SF: George - Granger
PF: McRoberts - Hansbrough
C: Hibbert - Foster

I'm tired of Granger, and believe he either needs to be sent a message and if it doesn't work we need to part ways with him in the offseason.

I kind of want to see how AJ being the starter as more of an experiment than because I have given up on DC.

It is kind of a toss up with me on which PF should start with these two line-ups so I just kind of kept it as is.