PDA

View Full Version : Crying in Miami

PacersFan1991
03-06-2011, 09:40 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/recap?gameId=310306014

"This is painful for every single one of us to go through this, there are couple of guys crying in the locker room right now, it is not a matter of want," Spoelstra said.
:laugh::D

LA_Confidential
03-06-2011, 09:42 PM
Im betting on either House or Chalmers.

BringJackBack
03-06-2011, 09:43 PM
They need to calm down. They're third in the East and they have two guys on the same team in consideration for MVP. I'd like to see their reaction if they were to have a road stretch like we just had.

Sookie
03-06-2011, 09:46 PM
Crying......Crying...

pwee31
03-06-2011, 09:52 PM
Depending on how they play in the playoffs, and during the beginning of next year, I think Miami may make a move. If the CBA does a hard cap, they'll be in trouble with those 3 big contracts, and not a lot of room unless players take pay cuts (which of course is an option)

I think Bosh is the guy to be worried if they don't do well against the top teams. Lebron and Wade aren't going anywhere, but the Heat may try to save money or get more of a team around Lebron and Wade.

They already have a PF in Haslem who will be back from injury next year, and is tougher than Bosh. Don't mistake for better player than Bosh, just tougher than. If they can move Bosh and get a couple good to solid pieces for that $17mil a year and perhaps a draft pick as well, I think they'll be better off.

Again, they're not there yet in terms of panic, but if they get there, Bosh will be odd man out

BornReady
03-06-2011, 10:02 PM
lol...
how much would they cry if they had cleveland's record?

Mark
03-06-2011, 10:04 PM
I've got my money on Wade...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfuJS0SBSac

tsm612
03-06-2011, 10:10 PM
http://www.redsarmy.com/.a/6a01156f2c3287970c013480958c07970c-450wi

vnzla81
03-06-2011, 10:17 PM
http://media.onsugar.com/files/2011/01/03/2/1331/13311615/1b/lebron-james-is-a-crying-baby.jpg

Gold
03-06-2011, 10:20 PM
I could go for 3rd in the east right now... lol. It's a bit understandable though with all the expectations on top of the criticism they receive for every loss.

vnzla81
03-06-2011, 10:21 PM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_kbINoUw75M0/TPWz--OdM8I/AAAAAAAAAgo/HXg203OOWeo/s1600/162902_1502785611324_1284739608_31042491_4427029_n .jpg

BlueNGold
03-06-2011, 10:57 PM
The Heat may have fantastic talent, but they are poorly constructed. The simply do not have any real big men...and no, Bosh doesn't count. He doesn't have Artest, Odom and Bynum like Gasol. He needs tough guys next to him to allow him to play that soft game.

BTW, the reason Garnett was crushed by losing K Perk. is that he knows it takes real men to win...and that Shaq and JO are broken down. Boston will be hard pressed to win a championship after that trade...and their big men are far and away better.

Fact is, Ray Allen + Paul Pierce + Rondo are not that far behind DWade + Lebron + Chalmers. Once you factor in the Celtics bigs compared to Miami's and you start to understand why Miami has trouble beating the contenders. They simply don't have the requisite toughness in the paint.

ilive4sports
03-06-2011, 10:59 PM
The Heat may have fantastic talent, but they are poorly constructed. The simply do not have any real big men...and no, Bosh doesn't count. He doesn't have Artest, Odom and Bynum like Gasol. He needs tough guys next to him to allow him to play that soft game.

BTW, the reason Garnett was crushed by losing K Perk. is that he knows it takes real men to win...and that Shaq and JO are broken down. Boston will be hard pressed to win a championship after that trade...and their big men are far and away better.

Fact is, Ray Allen + Paul Pierce + Rondo are not that far behind DWade + Lebron + Chalmers. Once you factor in the Celtics bigs compared to Miami's and you start to understand why Miami has trouble beating the contenders. They simply don't have the requisite toughness in the paint.

Which is why losing Haslem for the year has hurt them more than ever thought.

Kegboy
03-06-2011, 11:58 PM
Spoeltra's no Jimmy Dugan.

<IFRAME title="YouTube video player" height=390 src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/t48brs4QRjY" frameBorder=0 width=640 allowfullscreen></IFRAME>

Psyren
03-07-2011, 12:00 AM
The Heat clearly don't know what it's like to be a Pacer fan.

PacersFan1991
03-07-2011, 01:08 AM
I'm sure there were tears shed after we beat them in November, just not told to the media...;)

PacersFan1991
03-07-2011, 01:52 AM
Through 63 games, Heat are 43-20. Through 63 LAST year, Cavs were 49-14 & finished with 21 losses. Heat have 20 now.

redfoster
03-07-2011, 01:59 AM
With Spoelstra spilling the beans on this, does LeBron push to get rid of him again? He doesn't like weakness exposed like that.

Naptown_Seth
03-07-2011, 02:01 AM
This is why I was so upset at fans last summer who were writing off competition in the NBA and handing them 70 wins.

What does it say about your character when you do what Lebron or Bosh did? Not from a "screwed people over" way, but from a "I can't do it, I need help and I need a warm party city too...oh, and a f***load of money also".

It's says CANDYA** to me. Honestly it does. This is why we all lauded Durant's reaction to it because it suggested that Durant was a dig deep and throw roundhouses from the heels when you get knocked back.

You see this with artists all the time, they struggle and it makes them brilliant in overcoming those obstacles. Then you remove those challenges and they get soft or lose the edge that drove them.

And personally I think Lebron's early development and success individually has made him a front runner. He's all up on people when it's going his way and he falls apart emotionally when it turns which amplifies the disaster. I mean walking off early or his effort in the playoffs for the Cavs last year says it all.

They have the TALENT to win, but do Bosh and Lebron have the fortitude that Wade does to truly carry a team rather than just put on an individual show?

rexnom
03-07-2011, 02:05 AM
I bet they still win the East.

Robertmto
03-07-2011, 02:19 AM

based on??

King Tuts Tomb
03-07-2011, 03:03 AM
I'm sure most of us have cried over less.

The road to a title has its ups and downs. It took Boston seven games to beat the 8th seed when they won the title. Miami was down 0-2 in the finals when they won the title in 2006. The Rockets won the title as a 5th seed in 1995.

Counting out a team this talented with 20 games left in the season is truly absurd. I'm not saying they're a lock to win the title by any means but people are acting like it's a referendum on LeBron's character as a person that he missed a couple of regular season game winners.

Kstat
03-07-2011, 03:12 AM
Actually, the Rockets were the 6th seed.

Foul on Smits
03-07-2011, 06:08 AM
p.ussy's

vnzla81
03-07-2011, 06:40 AM
:laugh:

http://countdowntofailure.com/images/miami-twohalfmen.jpg

DocHolliday
03-07-2011, 07:58 AM

I bet they don't.

Trader Joe
03-07-2011, 08:56 AM
And we wonder why the Celtics have beaten them all 3 times this season...

Trader Joe
03-07-2011, 08:57 AM
Also, Kobe comes to town this Thursday...dagger?

Major Cold
03-07-2011, 09:28 AM
Lebron should have chosen the LeBulls.

Rogco
03-07-2011, 09:42 AM
It doesn't say why they were crying. Maybe they were watching Steel Magnolias. I heard it's Bosh's favourite.

Brad8888
03-07-2011, 10:06 AM
:laugh:

http://countdowntofailure.com/images/miami-twohalfmen.jpg

Lebron should have been on the left side. He is more like Charlie Sheen...

Brad8888
03-07-2011, 10:09 AM
Lebron should have chosen the LeBulls.

I doubt Derrick Rose would put up with a cry baby who wonders what he should do...

Major Cold
03-07-2011, 02:55 PM
Rose is not the dominating personality to tell Lebron what and what not to do. He shuts up and plays basketball.

Would Rose have left after his contract was up if Lebron acted like a "cry baby"? Maybe.

Would he have asked for a trade? Maybe

But Rose played with Ben Gordon and characters at Memphis, yet he did not give an ultimatum.

I like Rose a lot because of his demeanor.

BringJackBack
03-07-2011, 03:03 PM
I actually think sometimes that he'd be a great fit with the Clippers.. Him back with Mo Williams with Blake Griffin and DeAndre Jordan to dish to and Eric Gordon can turn into an off ball player and shooter who can also get his own.

Imagine a PnR Lebron and Griffin.. Imagine Griffin in the high post dishing to a cutting Lebron. Lebron with two very good three point shooters in EJ and Mo. DeAndre who would probably have like a 70% FG due to Lebron.

Man..

Day-V
03-07-2011, 03:07 PM
Has there ever been more of a lock to bet on Bosh being one of those players who was crying?

grace
03-07-2011, 05:55 PM
What I don't get is whatever happened to "what happens in the locker room stays in the locker room"?

If they were crying it's because they bet a bunch of money that they'd win. Anything less than the fear of their mob bookie breaking a few legs I say they're a bunch of wusses.

Sollozzo
03-07-2011, 06:41 PM

Boston is just fine. Kendrick Perkins played in *12* games with the Celtics this season. The Celtics are 46-15 and are doing just fine. The Celtics will have Shaq who is no doubt saving everything he has for the playoffs. I think he will give them plenty of quality minutes come playoff time. And if JO can be healthy he can at least give you 6 fouls a game. KG/Baby/Kristic/Shaq/JO is enough big men to win and I wouldn't say Boston is hard pressed to win a title after the trade. Kristic and Green give them a decent amount. Ultimately, the Celtics winning a title will depend on KG/Pierce/Allen/Rondo do.

pacer4ever
03-07-2011, 06:44 PM
Boston is just fine. Kendrick Perkins played in *12* games with the Celtics this season. The Celtics are 46-15 and are doing just fine. The Celtics will have Shaq who is no doubt saving everything he has for the playoffs. I think he will give them plenty of quality minutes come playoff time. And if JO can be healthy he can at least give you 6 fouls a game. KG/Baby/Kristic/Shaq/JO is enough big men to win and I wouldn't say Boston is hard pressed to win a title after the trade. Kristic and Green give them a decent amount. Ultimately, the Celtics winning a title will depend on KG/Pierce/Allen/Rondo do.

Playoffs are all that matters to team like Boston. Kedrick will be missed during the playoffs he is the type of big you need come playoff time.

Hicks
03-07-2011, 07:44 PM
Perkins, in general, is a significant player to have in the playoffs, but I'm not sure it'll really hurt Boston until the Finals, and even then only if it's the Lakers coming out of the West (which it probably will be). They don't need him to beat Miami (at all), and even Orlando IMO isn't going to stop them because even though Dwight is a beast, I just don't think that entire team can beat Boston 4 out of 7.

idioteque
03-07-2011, 07:54 PM
With their lack of mental toughness and inside game, Miami won't even make it to the ECF. They need to shop Bosh in the offseason for an enforcer PF or C and a couple of 6th men type talents. Either than or they better get some good FA's. Basketball is a team sport.

BlueNGold
03-07-2011, 08:04 PM

I wouldn't say Boston is fine at all. Some of this is mental and I suspect their attitudes are not great after that trade. That may be the biggest impact.

Besides that, Perkins was crucial to their interior D and a clear notch above the alternatives. Shaq is very slow now and Big Baby is not a good defender. This will hurt them most against the Lakers and Chicago.

...and who still thinks JO is going to make noise? Krstic? Hmph!

All things considered, they might get by if Big Baby and the 38-39 year old Shaq play well enough. But I would say that relying on those two to win a championship doesn't make Garnett feel that good.

King Tuts Tomb
03-07-2011, 08:06 PM
Ultimately, the Celtics winning a title will depend on KG/Pierce/Allen/Rondo do.

We saw last year that this line-up without Perkins isn't enough to win a title.

BlueNGold
03-07-2011, 08:06 PM
Perkins, in general, is a significant player to have in the playoffs, but I'm not sure it'll really hurt Boston until the Finals, and even then only if it's the Lakers coming out of the West (which it probably will be). They don't need him to beat Miami (at all), and even Orlando IMO isn't going to stop them because even though Dwight is a beast, I just don't think that entire team can beat Boston 4 out of 7.

I agree with this, but I think Chicago may also be an obstacle. They are not yet as good as the Celtics, but I can see them peaking in the playoffs and coming out of the east. Perkins would be critical in that matchup IMO.

Day-V
03-07-2011, 08:25 PM

They were up double digits in the 4th quarter of Game 7 at Staples.

It's not like they didn't have a shot. That line-up is definitely enough to win a title.

Basketball Fan
03-07-2011, 08:32 PM
I don't get why this is a story I doubt they're the only players who have ever cried over a loss in any sport.

It does make me question their mental toughness if they are this upset over a regular season game I mean in the NBA they're a dime a dozen.

If anything I think Spoelstra is out of his element as a coach and broke the "code" of what stays in the locker room should stay in the locker room. I mean really hard to respect the guy after he says that does he not know what team he's coaching nobody is going to feel bad for them.

That being said I don't see the Heat getting past the EC Semis

And they won't win a title with these three players together.

Hicks
03-07-2011, 08:48 PM

We saw that they can lose, but I wouldn't say that we saw they weren't enough to *ever* win. That was a close series, and a close game 7. You play that 10 times, and I hardly think LA wins all 10.

In other words, it's close enough to where it wouldn't be surprising, at all, to see a different outcome in a rematch.

Day-V
03-07-2011, 08:55 PM
I don't get why this is a story I doubt they're the only players who have ever cried over a loss in any sport.

It does make me question their mental toughness if they are this upset over a regular season game I mean in the NBA they're a dime a dozen.

You just answered your own question.

King Tuts Tomb
03-07-2011, 09:22 PM
We saw that they can lose, but I wouldn't say that we saw they weren't enough to *ever* win. That was a close series, and a close game 7. You play that 10 times, and I hardly think LA wins all 10.

In other words, it's close enough to where it wouldn't be surprising, at all, to see a different outcome in a rematch.

I doubt that series would have gotten to game 7 with no Perkins. Pau was dancing around the lane without Perk there in game seven. The Lakers had two guys who could manufacture a shot, Boston didn't have one.

It wouldn't surprise me if Boston won this year, though. It also wouldn't surprise me if the Thunder, Heat, Bulls or Magic won either. For all the complaining about player movement, this might be the best post-season in fifteen years.

Basketball Fan
03-07-2011, 09:47 PM
You just answered your own question.

And yet how is this a story? Players have cried after a loss (although a regular season is a first yet its not because its a regular season game its because they're the "Miami Heat")

Even if we didn't know this I still think they wouldn't have done much damage in the playoffs because this team is inherently flawed to get it done in the postseason to begin with.

I never thought these guys had what it takes to be a dynasty in this league(which was their goal I guess)

15th parallel
03-07-2011, 10:14 PM
I think this just makes them improve, now that they are realizing the problems as early as now. This was the problem of the team-leading Cleveland of the past 2 seasons. They are winning and had the best record. Come playoff time, their weaknesses are being exposed and they cannot do anything to fix them.

There's nothing wrong with crying, or does not show they're mentally weak. They're just frustrated with all the high expectations from the media and fans. But if they are still in denial that they can win with only Lebron and Wade doing anything, I don't think they'll reach that far in the playoffs.

Day-V
03-07-2011, 11:47 PM
And yet how is this a story?

"Mental Toughness"...................

King Tuts Tomb
03-07-2011, 11:53 PM
"Mental Toughness"...................

Or: Pop psychology based on a limited sample size.

Ozwalt72
03-07-2011, 11:56 PM
I, uh, don't care about this topic but just wanted to say:

Cryami Heat

...lame? I know.

captainC
03-08-2011, 01:44 PM
I will admit I chuckled

MagicRat
03-08-2011, 02:22 PM
Looks like Ron Ron has summed up the situation nicely....

@ronartest "It's good to cry. Never keep it bottled up. Then it either explodes like soda or comes out in the form of gas. You want tears or a fart?"

vnzla81
03-08-2011, 02:53 PM
Looks like Ron Ron has summed up the situation nicely....

@ronartest "It's good to cry. Never keep it bottled up. Then it either explodes like soda or comes out in the form of gas. You want tears or a fart?"

He was on NBA TV last night and was making fun of Miami, he was really funny.

grace
03-08-2011, 04:33 PM
Ron and Charlie Sheen should hang out together. Now that's a reality show that could make Mark Cuban lots of $$$.

vnzla81
03-08-2011, 09:53 PM
It looks like they are going to cry again today :laugh::laugh:

PacersFan1991
03-08-2011, 09:59 PM
Portland defeats Miami 105-96.

PacersFan1991
03-08-2011, 10:07 PM
The Heat now have the same number of losses (21) that the Cavs had all last year.

http://www.jlh-design.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/04/simpsons_nelson_haha3.jpg

vnzla81
03-08-2011, 10:15 PM
http://mrslebronwade.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/mrs_wade_crying.jpg

vnzla81
03-08-2011, 10:25 PM
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3151/3074315863_8a78a77bcb_o.jpg

PacersFan1991
03-08-2011, 10:30 PM
The Official Heat Team Song....

http://www.chartfanatic.com/covers_gallery/number_ones/number_one_covers/095.jpg

Robertmto
03-08-2011, 11:33 PM
the only thing game 7 of the Finals last year proved; is that the NBA is crooked and that game had alot of money riding on it

TheDon
03-08-2011, 11:40 PM
I think it's funny that the Pacers have a better record against top teams than the heat do.

PacersFan1991
03-10-2011, 02:07 AM
http://didtheheatcrylastnight.com/

LMAO!!