PDA

View Full Version : Vogel sticks with 10-man rotation

Trophy
03-05-2011, 01:43 PM
http://www.indystar.com/article/20110305/SPORTS04/103050341/Vogel-sticks-10

Mike Wells
IndyStar.com

DALLAS -- Frank Vogel has used predominately a 10-man rotation since taking over as interim coach of the Indiana Pacers at the end of January.

Vogel said he prefers to keep his rotation with 10 players for the moment rather than shorten it.

"There's some talk that as you get closer to the playoffs you have to shrink your rotation, maybe nine- or eight-man rotation," Vogel said. "We'll look at that as we get closer. Right now I'm comfortable with what we're getting from the 10-man rotation."

Rookie Lance Stephenson's spot minutes each game extend Vogel's bench to six players.

Vogel is attempting to keep Stephenson from being a major disruption to the point guard rotation of Darren Collison and A.J. Price. But that has not been easy, as Stephenson's play has improved as he gets more minutes.

Vogel's goal is to take about 21/2 minutes apiece from Collison and Price to give to Stephenson each game.

"The only negative is you have to keep your eye on how much it impacts the rest of the guys on the team," Vogel said.

Also...

Ford staying with team
Point guard T.J. Ford will stick with the team the rest of the season.

Ford had hoped team officials would let him go home to Houston for the rest of the season after the two sides couldn't agree to a buyout earlier this week.

Ford's playing days with the Pacers are over unless they get hit with a rash of injuries at point guard. Ford has played a total of 10 minutes since being pushed out of the rotation Jan. 17.

pwee31
03-05-2011, 02:24 PM
Vogel does a pretty good job of going and sticking with the hot hand. Unfortunately for the Pacers, there have been a lot of cold hands on the roster lately.. some frostbit.

So it was Ford that wanted to go home, not the Pacers wanting him to go home. So you didn't want buy-out and got your money, and now you want to get paid to stay at home? Can't have your cake and eat it too T.J.

Sookie
03-05-2011, 02:58 PM
I thought Vogel's rotation was good last night. (You can argue Josh in for Tyler, but I think Vogel liked Tyler's physical play on Dirk.)

If you are going to play 11 guys, you have to be systematic about it. And he was. He just needs to keep it consistent, so that everyone is good for the playoffs.

Jon Theodore
03-05-2011, 03:12 PM
I thought Vogel's rotation was good last night. (You can argue Josh in for Tyler, but I think Vogel liked Tyler's physical play on Dirk.)

If you are going to play 11 guys, you have to be systematic about it. And he was. He just needs to keep it consistent, so that everyone is good for the playoffs.

I think if you just cut Rush out of our rotation...distribute those minutes between D. Jones/Stephenson we would be more competitive. Rush is STILL just wildly inconsistent and I personally am done with hoping it will change.

Overall, I think Vogel's rotation is pretty good.

Trophy
03-05-2011, 03:19 PM
He's been pretty consistent with his rotations, but I still think one guy needs to sit out more.

PG Collison/Stephenson/Price
SG Rush/George(Jones)(Stephenson)
SF Granger/George(Jones)
PF McRoberts/Hansbrough
C Hibbert/Foster

I'm thinking Dahntay needs to be the odd man out and keep the rotations balanced.

Eleazar
03-05-2011, 04:40 PM
He's been pretty consistent with his rotations, but I still think one guy needs to sit out more.

PG Collison/Stephenson/Price
SG Rush/George(Jones)(Stephenson)
SF Granger/George(Jones)
PF McRoberts/Hansbrough
C Hibbert/Foster

I'm thinking Dahntay needs to be the odd man out and keep the rotations balanced.

I agree. I don't know why you would want Dahntay over Rush.