PDA

View Full Version : Trade Aftermath

NapTonius Monk
03-05-2011, 12:08 AM
Just thinking about the response to the Kendrick Perkins trade. Over the years, which Pacers trade/transaction impacted you the most as a fan? I remember to this day how stunned I was when they traded Detlef Schrempf. I loved Det, and hated that deal at the time. Obviusly, it worked out well for us, but I can feel Boston's pain.

imbtyler
03-05-2011, 12:12 AM
Had the McRoberts-Mayo trade have gone down, that would have been it for me. Unfortunately, I'm a huuuuuge fan of JMac and though the trade would have done wonders for the team, I'd have been pissed.

vnzla81
03-05-2011, 12:14 AM
The Murphleavy trade to me was the worst trade in the last 15 years at least.

Mr_Smith
03-05-2011, 12:17 AM
Just thinking about the response to the Kendrick Perkins trade. Over the years, which Pacers trade/transaction impacted you the most as a fan? I remember to this day how stunned I was when they traded Detlef Schrempf. I loved Det, and hated that deal at the time. Obviusly, it worked out well for us, but I can feel Boston's pain.

Yea, I'm right with you with the Detlef Schrempf trade for Derrick Mckey and and freaking Gerald Paddio!. I hated to see Detlef go.

Major Cold
03-05-2011, 12:37 AM
The Jefferson foe Eddie Griffin was a bad one. Not to mention they got Collins. Would Eddie have gotten them to the finals?

But Dirk for Traylor was the worst.

Roy for Foye

McGrady for Francis

Heck it may be out by a year but Kobe for Vlade is the worst trade of all time.

Sure some of these the raped team didn't have a choice. But to call the GSW the worst trade in the last 15 year at least, it is :bs:

Major Cold
03-05-2011, 12:44 AM
The Jefferson foe Eddie Griffin was a bad one. Not to mention they got Collins. Would Eddie have gotten them to the finals?

But Dirk for Traylor was the worst.

Roy for Foye

McGrady for Francis

Heck it may be out by a year but Kobe for Vlade is the worst trade of all time.

Sure some of these the raped team didn't have a choice. But to call the GSW the worst trade in the last 15 year at least, it is :bs:

Aldridge for Thomas

Billups for AI

Pau for Marc and crap

Boston traded Joe Johnson for Randy Brown, Milt Palacio, Delk, and a pick (Rodney Rogers)

beast23
03-05-2011, 01:08 AM
The absolute worst Pacer trade for me in the last 15 years has been Antonio Davis for #5 pick (Bender).

The day of the draft, as soon as it happened, my reaction was that it might end up costing us a championship in the following season. I felt like we had just weakened our team tremendously in the paint.

And, to this day, I believe it did cost us the championship. The Pacers needed one additional quality defensive/rebounding big to combat Shaq. Croshere had a heck of a series, but could not make up for Antonio's absence in the post.

vnzla81
03-05-2011, 01:16 AM
Is this about the pacers or all the teams?

NapTonius Monk
03-05-2011, 03:41 AM
Primarily Pacers, but your call.

Merz
03-05-2011, 04:08 AM
At the time the Rose/Best and filler deal for Artest/Miller/Mercer/Ollie was pretty big for me. I lived in the "Chicagoland" area so I saw alot of the Bulls back then. I thought Artest and Miller was exactly what the Pacers needed.

Getting Mark Jackson back for essentially nothing was also pretty awesome.

I didn't become a fan until the 94 playoffs...so I missed out on Detlef.

Pacer Fan
03-05-2011, 04:29 AM
On a sad note it was Alex English trade:confused:, couldn't believe it had happened, i was totally stunned. On a good note it was Dale Davis for Oneal:).

The Jackson shimmy
03-05-2011, 07:30 AM
Interestingly (or not), I had the exact opposite reaction to the Schrempf-
McKey trade.

I was never much of a Schrempf fan (too 'ball dominant', etc.) and
knew McKey's game well enough to see that it would be a great fit
with what the Pacers needed.

Pacersalltheway10
03-05-2011, 10:06 AM
The #2 pick in the 1984 NBA Draft for Tom Owens.

Cactus Jax
03-05-2011, 10:18 AM
The #2 pick in the 1984 NBA Draft for Tom Owens.

As Peck always says, they would have just drafted Sam Bowie anyway, and the team would look like the major idiots overall instead of Portland.

Pacersalltheway10
03-05-2011, 10:30 AM
As Peck always says, they would have just drafted Sam Bowie anyway, and the team would look like the major idiots overall instead of Portland. Sam bowie was the better player at that time. Tom Owens only played one season for the Pacers and one season total after the pacers. Bowie averaged 11 points and 8 rpg through his career.

Kegboy
03-05-2011, 10:42 AM

Now, see, I was the exact opposite. I didn't pay much attention to the Pacers back then, but I took note when we hired Brown. Then that trade went down, and there was the whole "Donnie Walsh builds a contender, in Seattle" stuff in the Star, and I really took exception to that. I'd followed the Suns the previous year, and McKey had really impressed me in the WCF against them. He certainly seemed like much more of a Larry Brown player than Schrempf. But, to be honest, what really got me on the bandwagon was us signing Byron.

grace
03-05-2011, 12:15 PM
Over the years, which Pacers trade/transaction impacted you the most as a fan?

While I was already more than half way out the door when the Pacers traded away Anthony Johnson I said I was done the Pacers.

Major Cold
03-05-2011, 06:05 PM
Oh> Sorry Vinsla. I will saw the Bender trade. I was watching the 2000 finals the other week. Man they really needed AD

Spirit
03-05-2011, 07:39 PM

Was not. We had a couple of good years with Dunleavy, and Jackson and Harrington weren't going to get us anywhere. We also took a flier with Diogu, it's just unfortunate he didn't turn out.

Spirit
03-05-2011, 07:41 PM
While I was already more than half way out the door when the Pacers traded away Anthony Johnson I said I was done the Pacers.

:laugh: Say what?

speakout4
03-05-2011, 07:58 PM
I really liked Det so that was a big disappointment but Det wanted out so he got his wish and we did ok.

Pacerized
03-05-2011, 09:20 PM

I felt the exact same way with the Detlef/Mckey trade. When Det and Williams were brought in it brought some life to the Pacers for a while and I became a huge Detlef fan. I couldn't even watch a Pacers game for a while after that trade. I'll admit that I was wrong but it was hard to take.