PDA

View Full Version : Who are the guys that you don't think will NOT be here at the beginning of next season?

BringJackBack
03-04-2011, 08:25 PM
Of the guys that are currently on our roster,

Danny Granger
Mike Dunleavy
TJ Ford
Jeff Foster
James Posey
Dahntay Jones
Paul George
Brandon Rush
Tyler Hansbrough
Roy Hibbert
Solomon Jones
Darren Collison
Josh McRoberts
AJ Price
Lance Stephenson,

Who isn't here at the beginning of next season?

-Obviously we don't re-sign Mike, TJ, and Solo, but what else happens?

-Josh and Jeff are free agents. Are they brought back? Do we make Foster retire, and do we re-sign Josh?

-Dahntay, Brandon, and Posey are probably all on the hot seat.. Are any of them traded in the summer?

I know it's kind of early to have a lot of these discussions, but let's not start with the, "How in the world do we know," stuff. Message boards are for discussion.

kellogg
03-04-2011, 08:31 PM
I see us signing Jeff if he still wants to play, but at way less $$. Josh probably in S&T, Rush gone via trade. I can see Dahntay staying here partly because no one else wants to pay him as much. Rest of the guys stay...all the other expirings walk.

pacer4ever
03-04-2011, 08:33 PM
Josh wont be back I dont think.

sportfireman
03-04-2011, 08:41 PM
Mike
TJ
Jeff ???
Posey
Solo
Josh

Jared Sullinger
03-04-2011, 09:05 PM
Ford is as good as gone and I doubt Dunleavy will be resigned, not with the number of talented young perimeter players available. Solo's probably not good enough to warrant resigning.

I'd say McBob and Foster are 50/50, depending on their asking price/other teams' offers.

The team clearly wants to rid themselves of Brandon Rush while he still has an ounce of value, so I'd expect him to be moved this offseason.

Neither Dahntay nor Posey have any value, thus they should both be back unless they're fillers in a bigger trade.

I could see the team moving Granger if a talented big man becomes available. Like I said earlier, there are a lot of talented perimeter players available, so between singing one or two of them and George's development, we would likely be fine on the wings without Danny but with a big improvement to the frontcourt.

BringJackBack
03-04-2011, 09:10 PM
Ford is as good as gone and I doubt Dunleavy will be resigned, not with the number of talented young perimeter players available. Solo's probably not good enough to warrant resigning.

I'd say McBob and Foster are 50/50, depending on their asking price/other teams' offers.

The team clearly wants to rid themselves of Brandon Rush while he still has an ounce of value, so I'd expect him to be moved this offseason.

Neither Dahntay nor Posey have any value, thus they should both be back unless they're fillers in a bigger trade.

I could see the team moving Granger if a talented big man becomes available. Like I said earlier, there are a lot of talented perimeter players available, so between singing one or two of them and George's development, we would likely be fine on the wings without Danny but with a big improvement to the frontcourt.

Keep in mind that Posey is an expiring next year, so hopefully he has some value. :laugh:

imbtyler
03-04-2011, 09:52 PM
Mike, TJ and Solo are definitely gone. I say we give Foster a FO/TV job and re-sign Josh. If Brandon was on the block enough to almost be gone before the deadline, I'd say we'd still be working on getting him gone. Dahntay's bound to be traded, too, especially if Lance continues to show out enough.

Danny, PG, Tyler, DC, Roy, AJ, Lance stay for sure. Not exactly sure how this all adds up, but that's what I think.

IUfan4life
03-04-2011, 09:54 PM
so we are naming the player that will be here next season?

Will Galen
03-05-2011, 04:28 AM
Mike Dunleavy (Expired, no offer)
TJ Ford (Expired, no offer)
Solomon Jones (Expired, no offer)

James Posey (Traded. Will have a $7m expiring)
Brandon Rush (Traded)
Darren Collison (Traded)

Josh McRoberts (Signs elsewhere for more money. Why sign on the cheap when you know the Pacers will trade you?)

Danny Granger
Dahntay Jones
Paul George
Tyler Hansbrough
Roy Hibbert
AJ Price
Lance Stephenson
Jeff Foster (Signed much cheaper)

owl
03-05-2011, 09:22 AM
Will, I think you may be right about Collison. Does he have one or two years left on his rookie salary?

Kegboy
03-05-2011, 09:46 AM
Am I the only person who fears Mike will be re-signed? I know it's completely irrational, but I guess I'm like Peck about Jimmy. I won't believe he's gone until I see him in another uniform.

LA_Confidential
03-05-2011, 09:55 AM
Mike Dunleavy (Expired, no offer)
TJ Ford (Expired, no offer)
Solomon Jones (Expired, no offer)

James Posey (Traded. Will have a $7m expiring)
Brandon Rush (Traded)
Darren Collison (Traded)

Josh McRoberts (Signs elsewhere for more money. Why sign on the cheap when you know the Pacers will trade you?)

Danny Granger
Dahntay Jones
Paul George
Tyler Hansbrough
Roy Hibbert
AJ Price
Lance Stephenson
Jeff Foster (Signed much cheaper)

Sooo, Lance will be our starting point guard? I wouldnt be opposed to that.

naptownmenace
03-05-2011, 09:56 AM
so we are naming the player that will be here next season?

I hate double negatives but I guess there's not nothing I can do about that.

;)

The players that will probably return next season, IMO:

Granger
George
Stephensen
Collison
Hibbert
Hansbrough
Foster
D. Jones

Gamble1
03-05-2011, 10:14 AM
Will, I think you may be right about Collison. Does he have one or two years left on his rookie salary?
He has 2 years left. Team option on the second.

I wonder what is value is for other teams. If we could do a Collison + pick for Felton then I would strongly consider it.

Pacer Fan
03-05-2011, 10:21 AM
Alittle early yet.
The Pacers that will be here on a for sure basis:

Hibbert & Born-Ready

At this point, I think any of the others can be gone for the right deal.
I do think either Granger or George will be gone. Only one can start SF. Think the rest of the season and possible playoffs will be critical in the Pacers descision for these 2 guys. They are our 2 best bargaining chips for a top end trade.

everyone else could be gone if the right trade presents itself.

SMosley21
03-05-2011, 10:40 AM
I'm starting to feel like trading Granger would be our best option in the off season. It would net us more talent than signing free agents and we would get close to market value for him before he declines as a player any more than he already has.

Pacer Fan
03-05-2011, 11:00 AM
I'm starting to feel like trading Granger would be our best option in the off season. It would net us more talent than signing free agents and we would get close to market value for him before he declines as a player any more than he already has.

I agree, we can trade him for a top PF and PG can start at his true position SF.

BrownBearCoffee
03-05-2011, 11:19 AM
I like Danny in theory. Now, if we were able to net a dominant PF for him in some kind of trade, I would have to strongly consider it. However, I would hate to see him go somewhere where he would not have to be the primary scorer and start lighting it up, because I truly feel he could be an elite shooter if he was simply playing off of screens, ala #31.

All of that being said, I am very pro on a starting line-up of Lance, PG, DG, McBob, Hibs. Lance and PG could take some of the shot creation pressure off of Danny, and we could really get a feel for his stroke moving forward. If I'm Vogel, I run with this starting line-up for the rest of the season. If it looked like it had potential, I focus my off-season activity around this core.

I hate to say it, but I am almost starting to feel that Lance makes DC expendable. I'm not ready to pull the trigger on that statement 100%, but I'm starting to be convinced...

If Lance doesn't look like the answer at PG then I start seeing what it would take to bring Conley over with Juice this summer. I think he would be a solid option for the next 6-8 years. Not a perennial all-star by any means, just really, really solid.

Trophy
03-05-2011, 11:23 AM
I see all the expirings gone and Brandon and Josh S&T to Memphis.

DC is probably gonna get another year to step it up, but if he doesn't he may be on his way out.

Shade
03-05-2011, 11:40 AM
A lot of this will depend on the new CBA. If there's a hard cap, I look for Posey (expiring contract) to be traded to a team looking to get under it. Maybe back to Nawlins in a S&T deal for West?

Rush will likely be moved. We've tried twice now to get it done.

We'll probably make another play for O.J. (either way, Mayo will be moved by Memphis during the off-season), which I'm fine with if the price is right.

McBob is likely gone which, again, I'm okay with.

I don't see us trading DC just yet, but he really needs to step it up.

Dun, TJ, and Solo will expire and go elsewhere.

Foster should retire, but he's the one wild card here.

I expect us to deal for a new PF and SG. West and Mayo? We also need a back-up C (Thabeet?).

So...

Hibbert
Hansbrough
Granger
George
D. Jones
Stephenson
Collison
Price

Plus whoever we get from trades/free agency/draft.

Will Galen
03-05-2011, 01:31 PM

More talent? You know if we trade Granger we won't get back players as talented as he is. He can't do it with the guys we have here so what good would that do?

We need more players at least as talented as Granger to contend, better to just keep adding players like Paul.

diamonddave00
03-05-2011, 01:47 PM
I see Dunleavy, Ford and S.Jones gone

Foster; resigns or retires
McRoberts ; sign and trade
Rush; traded
Price ; traded
Posey; bought out
Granger; 50/50 depends on trade offers anything slightly in Pacers favor he's gone
D. Jones ; 50/50

Here
George
Hibbert
Collison
Stephenson
Hansbrough

idioteque
03-05-2011, 01:57 PM
I don't know who will be gone or not for sure, but I'm guessing Dunleavy, Solo, and Ford are out for sure. I don't see them coming back under any circumstances.

As for the rest I'll categorize them.

More or less untouchable unless we get some sort of crazy offer:

Hibbert
George
Stevenson

Unlikely to be traded but will part with them if need be:

Price
Hansbrough
DC
Granger

Will offer them to other teams as assets in an initial proposal:

McRoberts
Posey's contract
Rush
Jones

Will resign to the vet minimum if we can't get C depth in a trade:

Foster

pwee31
03-05-2011, 02:15 PM
Rush, Solo, Ford, McRoberts I feel strongly about

Dunleavy, Posey, Price, I'm 50/50

Foster, Dahntay, leaning toward them likely being back

SMosley21
03-05-2011, 02:22 PM
I find it hilarious that people here are already talking about trading Collison after 58 games.

pwee31
03-05-2011, 02:28 PM
Am I the only person who fears Mike will be re-signed? I know it's completely irrational, but I guess I'm like Peck about Jimmy. I won't believe he's gone until I see him in another uniform.

I don't fear it, I hope Dunleavy returns. He's a solid player, just not worth anywhere near the $10 million he's making.

If he come back on a reasonable contract and is comfortable as a role player off the bench, I'm perfectly happy with that.

speakout4
03-05-2011, 05:20 PM
I would be happy to see Mike back as a 8-10 player. He moves on offense much more than most of our starters and he can reliably hit the 3. I'm sure those who like Brandon and his excellent 3pt% are happy with his 3-4 shots/game (mostly at the game beginning or end) but Mike can get the team some points. We don't need big minutes from him.
It seems we were playing better before Mike got hurt but that might just be my imagination playing tricks on me. Mike at a reasonable salary is an asset.

Guys I don't want to see back at all: TJ, Solo, Posey, Brandon

Don't care if they are back or not: Josh, Dahntay

Want to see back: Foster, Dun, DG, DC, PG, Lance, Tyler, AJ, Roy

Roy needs a strong player under the basket with him because he is getting killed double and triple teamed.

pacer4ever
03-05-2011, 05:25 PM
Rush, Solo, Ford, McRoberts I feel strongly about

Dunleavy, Posey, Price, I'm 50/50

Foster, Dahntay, leaning toward them likely being back

Is Prices contract guarteed next year? Or do you think we will trade him?

Spirit
03-05-2011, 05:42 PM
All I want to say is that if Jeff doesn't return i'll be disappointed.

pwee31
03-05-2011, 05:44 PM
Is Prices contract guarteed next year? Or do you think we will trade him?

It's guaranteed. I just think if Stephenson ends the season well and proves he can run the PG, AJ may be a filler in a trade. He's a serviceable backup PG that may be used in sweetener for a player or draft pick. Just my opinion and feeling though