PDA

View Full Version : PTI on allen iverson and the pacers

jkimb950
09-23-2004, 07:27 PM
Saw this on indystar forum. PTI on espn said that Iverson would be a perfect fit with the Pacers. Any thoughts on this?

http://www.indystar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=78436

Shade
09-23-2004, 09:02 PM
:unimpressed:

Lord Helmet
09-23-2004, 09:09 PM
Iverson? :laugh:

jkimb950
09-23-2004, 09:58 PM
i agree I'm just checkin what everyone else thought

ImReppinBtown
09-23-2004, 10:13 PM
I'll be the first to disagree, How does this lineup sound? Foster,Jermaine,Jackson,Miller,Iverson

I think it sounds pretty damn good.

Hicks
09-23-2004, 10:16 PM
Actually, I think it'd be

Tinsley
Iverson
Jackson
O'Neal
Foster

Which I do like, assuming Iverson buys into more of a team attack on offense. I like the idea of AI and JO as a duo, though.

Kstat
09-23-2004, 10:17 PM
Any team with Iverson at PG gets a big :laugh::laugh::laugh: from me.

Sorry DD, you're still my boy and all, but Iverson isn't a PG.

Kegboy
09-23-2004, 10:18 PM
When exactly was this? PTI wasn't on today, and I don't remember them saying anything yesterday.

SoupIsGood
Iverson would not fit here. Unless he took a smaller role. Which I think he would. So he would fit here. Wait, no he wouldn't.

Well, either way, I hate watching this guy play, so I say he wouldn't. I mean would. I mean, oh hell with it all.

Hicks
I think it was supposed to have been said on yesterday's PTI.

jkimb950
09-23-2004, 10:24 PM
Now that i have been thinking about it more, it does sound like a good lineup w/ Tinsley, Iverson, Jackson, Oneal, and Foster (what hicks said). The defense would still be good and the offense would improve greatly if Iverson would play more of a team game, which I think he could and would do with a good team to pass to.
What would we have to give up to get him in a trade?

Kstat
09-23-2004, 10:26 PM
I'm guessing Philly would want artest and probably freddie.

BTW, if you start Iverson and Tinsley, good luck stoppign any NBA team with 2 good guards.

SoupIsGood
09-23-2004, 10:27 PM
What would we have to give up to get him in a trade?

More than any sane person ever would give up.

Young
09-23-2004, 10:53 PM
No way AI is coming to Indiana. No way.

Iverson doesn't seem to fit a type of player Bird would want. Atleast if you ask me.

Don't get me wrong, I love watching AI because he gives it his all and I don't think that he would be a bigger problem than Artest has been [if reports are true about Artest] but AI doesn't fit our system.

AI has to be the star, he wouldn't be.

If we trade Ron it better be for Peja, or a all-star center, or a better point guard, if thats possiable.

Peja is really the only SF I can think of i'd want for Ron that we can realisticly get.

We are in a need of a true center. So that would be nice.

I'm growing concerned about Tinsley's future in Indy. I've heard zipo about a extension for him and haven't heard Bird say to much about him. But i'm happy with him, just not sure Bird is.

Doesn't Iverson fit one of the three mentioned? Nope. Is Iverson going to be a Pacer? No.

Anthem
09-23-2004, 11:16 PM
Wow. Just wow.

You think Peck and Jay are on suicide watch with Artest? Try swapping him for Iverson. :devil:

dipperdunk
09-23-2004, 11:37 PM
Any team with Iverson at PG gets a big :laugh::laugh::laugh: from me.

Sorry DD, you're still my boy and all, but Iverson isn't a PG.

You're preaching to the choir. AI at the point is going to be an adventure. :laugh: The 76ers this season are going to be fun to watch if you like run and gun basketball. They have some freaks for athletes that can really run the floor with Dalembert,Green,Iverson and Iguodala. Iguodala is going to challenge for the dunk contest he was throwing down some nasty dunks in Vince's charity game a couple of weeks ago. He can really fill the lane on the fastbreak. They also have some good athletes who can pressure the ball on defense.

On the other hand if you like watching good fundamental offense they are going painful to watch at times. :( AI averaged about 5 turnovers a game last season at the 2. If he plays all year at the point he might smash the record for turnovers in a season.

beast23
09-23-2004, 11:42 PM
Iverson would be a terrible fit for the Pacers, and a terrible fit for the city.

As a player, I think he is way too much of a "me" player.

And as a person? Well, let's just say that he is the player that tried to pull the race card after he was called out by the league for flipping off our crowd. He made a claim that was investigated but never substantiated that fans all around the vistitor's bench were yelling racial slurs at him.

I don't have any use for an individual that voices a slur against another person. But by the same tolken, I don't have any use for a member of a minority that falsely accuses another of voicing a slur, either.

Don't want him. No how, no way. We need shooters at the guard position, not scorers that take an abnormally high number of shots to "get their points."

ChicagoJ
09-24-2004, 11:10 AM
Wow. Just wow.

You think Peck and Jay are on suicide watch with Artest? Try swapping him for Iverson. :devil:

:suicide:

No kidding. I was looking at those lineups, and thinking to myself, "what's the point? at least Ron is young, and there is chance he might 'get it' someday. AI, on the other hand, has already had his free thirty-day trial of being a good team player, but he gave up on that idea several seasons ago."

Beast makes some interesting points... I'm not a big fan of trading for a player who has insulted the Conseco Fieldhouse faithful. Then again, I wasn't a big fan of trading for a player who had to be restrained by his teammates - and then sent to the lockerroom by his coach - because he wanted to fight with said fans, either. :twocents:

indygeezer
09-24-2004, 11:43 AM
my opinion of Ivy changed 180 degrees this year. He played for the TEAM in the Olympics. He didn't whine, biatch, or complain. I cannot say that about any of the other players (Timmy included).
I'm giving him his due and I'll stop carping about him, period.

That said, you don't give up an Artest for a player that plays a position we don't need to improve. IF you give him up, it's for a SHOOTER or a genuine big man.

RA231
09-25-2004, 12:59 AM
Iverson? Indy?:laugh:

RA231
09-25-2004, 01:20 AM
Allen Iverson=most overrated player in the NBA

tora tora
09-25-2004, 01:48 AM

:bs:

RA231
09-25-2004, 09:16 AM

RA231
09-25-2004, 09:23 AM
Here is his FG percentages last year: FG-38% 3P-28%. Dont give me that hes the only one on his team arguement because Tracy Mcgrady puts up number a lot better than those and he had a worse team than AI did.

Tracy Mcgrady: FG-42% 3P-34% and that also on a worse team. I dont even like Tracy Mcgrady yet I still think he is a lot better than AI. Once agian, AI=overrated

dipperdunk
09-25-2004, 09:35 AM
Iverson's career playoff scoring average of 30.6 points a game ranks second all-time to Michael Jordan's 33.4 ppg. He is definitely overrated. :rolleyes:

He has his flaws and he did struggle last season but I've never heard him described as overrated.

RA231
09-25-2004, 06:07 PM
Well now you have. Hes been stuggling as of late and is called one of the best in the game. Until his picks it up Im going to continue to call him overrated.

Lord Helmet
09-25-2004, 11:39 PM
Wow. Just wow.

:suicide:

No kidding. I was looking at those lineups, and thinking to myself, "what's the point? at least Ron is young, and there is chance he might 'get it' someday. AI, on the other hand, has already had his free thirty-day trial of being a good team player, but he gave up on that idea several seasons ago."

Beast makes some interesting points... I'm not a big fan of trading for a player who has insulted the Conseco Fieldhouse faithful. Then again, I wasn't a big fan of trading for a player who had to be restrained by his teammates - and then sent to the lockerroom by his coach - because he wanted to fight with said fans, either. :twocents:
Didn't Iverson say we have the meanest fans or something like that?

MSA2CF
09-25-2004, 11:41 PM
:jawdrop: The "meanest" fans? :fatbanana:

Lord Helmet
09-26-2004, 12:02 AM
Whats up with the fatbanana?Just looking at it makes me laugh.Why is it so sad? And yes MSA we have meanie fans! :laugh: