PDA

View Full Version : Magnum Rolle is back!

BornReady#6
03-04-2011, 08:02 AM
Some of the pre-season hope has been restored. The Maine Red Claws announced that center Magnum Rolle has been cleared to play. Rolle only played two games with Maine before the knee injury that kept him down since.

“Magnum worked hard during his rehabilitation from surgery,” said Red Claws President and General Manager Jon Jennings. “I want to recognize the great work that Mercy Hospital, Dr. Sarah Shubert of Falmouth Orthopaedic Center and Trainer Ben Pringle did to get Magnum back playing this season. In his short time with the Red Claws before his injury, he had quickly become a fan favorite, and I know Crustacean Nation is as excited as we are to see him back in a Red Claws’ uniform again.”

In those two games, Rolle accumulated 15 points, seven boards, seven blocks, and four steals. Being a rookie, Magnum (best first name in pro basketball) was learning really quickly, and one could see him improving, from the pre-season game against the Armor through those first games.

Magnum will be in uniform tonight as the Claws host the Wizards of Dakota. The game is part of a Faith & Family Night, featuring a concert by Christian band Disciple (playing as this is written). The game itself will begin at 7pm.

http://www.examiner.com/maine-red-claws-in-portland-me/rolle-returns-as-the-claws-aim-for-the-post-season

He ended up with 20, 6, 2as,1block in 25 mins

Sparhawk
03-04-2011, 08:23 AM
Hope he continues to do well and stay healthy.

BRushWithDeath
03-04-2011, 08:46 AM
“In his short time with the Red Claws before his injury, he had quickly become a fan favorite, and I know Crustacean Nation is as excited as we are to see him back in a Red Claws’ uniform again.”

Crustacean Nation. Awesome. Bravo Red Claws.

LA_Confidential
03-04-2011, 11:45 AM
Hope he continues to do well and stay healthy.

Agreed. Im certain Larry has been keeping tabs on him and hopefully he gets a second look from us.

BillS
03-04-2011, 11:48 AM
Crustacean Nation. Awesome. Bravo Red Claws.

Yeah, you gotta love that.

CableKC
03-04-2011, 11:56 AM
I totally forgot about Magnum....add him to my list of Players that I hope that we can add to our Frontcourt depth next season.

We need to add at least 3 to 4 Frontcourt Players....a Starting PF, a backup Center ( to play behind Hibbert and next to Hansbrough ) and at least 1 ( maybe 2 ) Backup PF/C ( to fill the role that Solo currently occupies...Big Man sitting in a suit waiting to play when Foster needs to rest for a game ).

Speed
03-04-2011, 01:58 PM
I totally forgot about Magnum....add him to my list of Players that I hope that we can add to our Frontcourt depth next season.

We need to add at least 3 to 4 Frontcourt Players....a Starting PF, a backup Center ( to play behind Hibbert and next to Hansbrough ) and at least 1 ( maybe 2 ) Backup PF/C ( to fill the role that Solo currently occupies...Big Man sitting in a suit waiting to play when Foster needs to rest for a game ).

Cheap 5th big, nothing wrong with that. If they can get quality starting PF, a quality vet back up Center, it would go a really long way. If Maceo Baston can have a career so can Magnum. Who knows, maybe he can put on some muscle and become even more.

Pacertron
03-04-2011, 02:29 PM
Sweet! I live in Portland Maine basically, gonna have to catch a game soon!

TheDon
03-04-2011, 02:29 PM
I got excited when I read the thread title thought maybe we finally bought out TJ and sent him home to Houston and then signed rolle. I hope he gets another shot here. Sad thing is though pending on what moves we make in the offseason might make him even more expendable I hope he gets a shot somewhere.

imbtyler
03-04-2011, 02:41 PM
I'd love to see us buy out Solomon's contract and bring Magnum back in. Then we put Posey back in a suit, our frontcourt depth increases while our wing traffic jam is relieved slightly.

Speed
03-04-2011, 02:45 PM
I'd love to see us buy out Solomon's contract and bring Magnum back in. Then we put Posey back in a suit, our frontcourt depth increases while our wing traffic jam is relieved slightly.

He's probably better off playing there, than watching here. Only 20 some games left. It be nice if the CBA would get resolved so we can have a summer league, not likely, though.

BRushWithDeath
03-04-2011, 02:50 PM
I would say it is highly unlikely that Rolle ever plays in an NBA game.

The chance that he plays this season in an NBA game is just slightly less than 0%.

Kraut N Beer
03-04-2011, 03:05 PM
I would say it is highly unlikely that Rolle ever plays in an NBA game.

The chance that he plays this season in an NBA game is just slightly less than 0%.

We only have 10 players under contract next year. Even if we re-sign McRoberts and/or Foster, I think that if Rolle stays healthy, he stands a decent chance to make the 15 man roster next year. Management was very high on him last summer.

CableKC
03-04-2011, 03:18 PM
Cheap 5th big, nothing wrong with that. If they can get quality starting PF, a quality vet back up Center, it would go a really long way. If Maceo Baston can have a career so can Magnum. Who knows, maybe he can put on some muscle and become even more.
+1000 for using a Maceo Baston reference.

And you're right.....Magnum would be a great Cheap 5th Big Man on the roster....the great thing now is that we will have the space for him in the 2011-2012 offseason.

I know it's a moot point....but at this point...I'd easily buyout Solo ( even at the full price ) and try Magnum out for the rest of the season. I know that it's good to have some solid veteran Depth with Solo at the Frontcourt backing up Foster...but I could care less about that now...I want to see how Magnum does.

imbtyler
03-04-2011, 03:23 PM
We only have 10 players under contract next year. Even if we re-sign McRoberts and/or Foster, I think that if Rolle stays healthy, he stands a decent chance to make the 15 man roster next year. Management was very high on him last summer.

Excluding trades, we'll have 10 players under contract next year, plus two draft picks. I'm sure we'll make at least one trade this offseason, though. Personally, I hope we don't need him by next season, but I'd still rather have him here than Ford, Sol, or Posey.

CableKC
03-04-2011, 03:28 PM
He's probably better off playing there, than watching here. Only 20 some games left. It be nice if the CBA would get resolved so we can have a summer league, not likely, though.
Didn't we do something last season where we signed up some player before the end of the season so that we can lock him up for the Summer league a few months later?

I forget his name...but I recall doing that so that we can ensure that we had him for the summer League.

We should do that with Magnum...I don't want any other Team to snatch him up.

CableKC
03-04-2011, 03:31 PM
In fact...to add to the awesomeness of having a Player named Magnum Rolle on our roster....I'm going to go to the next step and say that I want to bring in Magnum and Stanko to fill out the 5th and 6th Big Man roster spots for the rest of the season.

It's a Marketing / PR dream come true with names like Magnum and Stanko on our rosters!!!

Do it Larry!!!!

Speed
03-04-2011, 03:33 PM
Didn't we do something last season where we signed up some player before the end of the season so that we can lock him up for the Summer league a few months later?

I forget his name...but I recall doing that so that we can ensure that we had him for the summer League.

We should do that with Magnum...I don't want any other Team to snatch him up.

I don't think we ever did it, it was that tall Point Guard guy who came up with San Antionio and had played well in there farm team. I think it was like Shaun Williams, instead of Shawn Williams, I'm sure thats not quite right?

Wonder what happened to him. I remember it exactly like you are saying, too. I just don't think it happened.

BRushWithDeath
03-04-2011, 03:48 PM
I don't think we ever did it, it was that tall Point Guard guy who came up with San Antionio and had played well in there farm team. I think it was like Shaun Williams, instead of Shawn Williams, I'm sure thats not quite right?

Wonder what happened to him. I remember it exactly like you are saying, too. I just don't think it happened.

Marcus Williams. It was reported they were going to but they never did. He played in the summer league with the Pacers though.

He wasn't good enough to even sniff the roster.

BPump33
03-04-2011, 03:49 PM

It was the "other" Marcus Williams.

Edit: BRush Wins!!

imbtyler
03-04-2011, 03:57 PM

Marcus Williams (http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/w/willima03.html), one of two.

Kraut N Beer
03-04-2011, 04:25 PM
Marcus Williams is playing in China and is averaging 30.3 points, 7.7 rebounds, and 4.9 assists per game.

http://http://www.asia-basket.com/team.asp?Cntry=China&Team=1947&Page=3 (http://www.asia-basket.com/team.asp?Cntry=China&Team=1947&Page=3)

Pacersalltheway10
03-04-2011, 04:35 PM
I remember him tweeting something just recently about Indy and the Pacers. I believe he will be a Pacer sometime.

HeliumFear
03-04-2011, 04:50 PM
Disciple played! I love that band!

Eddie Gill
03-04-2011, 04:52 PM
I feel like Crustacean Nation consists of about 50 people. Crustacean Township is more appropriate.

BRushWithDeath
03-04-2011, 04:55 PM
I feel like Crustacean Nation consists of about 50 people. Crustacean Township is more appropriate.

I don't think the entire D-League has 50 fans.

imbtyler
03-04-2011, 04:57 PM
I remember him tweeting something just recently about Indy and the Pacers. I believe he will be a Pacer sometime.

"a15magnum: @play4OT playing with my crew would be great cause thats who I came in with me and my two lil bros but I don't control the decision making"

link (http://twitter.com/#!/a15magnum/statuses/43791385756839936)

At least he's interested in coming back to play for the team. Better to show passion and integrity than just wanting to get into the league and start playing. Which is probably what he really wants. I doubt he has a preference.

NuffSaid
03-04-2011, 05:27 PM
I still say I think Pacers mgmt made a huge mistake in getting rid of him and keeping Solo Jones instead. He and Hibbert could have made one helluva 1-2 punch at Center.

Gus
03-04-2011, 05:57 PM
You can also watch all games of NBADL on their site for free. you can check out his game from last night.

Eleazar
03-04-2011, 06:52 PM
I still say I think Pacers mgmt made a huge mistake in getting rid of him and keeping Solo Jones instead. He and Hibbert could have made one helluva 1-2 punch at Center.

I'm not sure about the "one helluva 1-2 punch" thing, but the rest I completely agree.

Trophy
03-04-2011, 07:03 PM
He'll be worth bringing in to our Summer League again and maybe preseason and see how he does.

QuickRelease
03-04-2011, 07:07 PM
Good young big man worth developing. Solid role player potential.

Gus
03-04-2011, 07:08 PM
I watched a little of his first game back and he looked good... pacers may not have a shot at him next year.

BringJackBack
03-04-2011, 07:37 PM
He'll be worth bringing in to our Summer League again and maybe preseason and see how he does.

Yep. But don't go to far as to offer him a roster spot too early. I'm just not sold that he is talented enough to make it.

shags
03-04-2011, 08:26 PM
I'm sure it'd be the thrill of a lifetime for Magnum Rolle to be a contributor to a playoff team this season, even if it's just the 8th seed.

Yup, I'm sure Magnum Rolle would love signing with the Charlotte Bobcats.

Trophy
03-04-2011, 08:31 PM
I'm sure it'd be the thrill of a lifetime for Magnum Rolle to be a contributor to a playoff team this season, even if it's just the 8th seed.

I wouldn't look at the Bobcats as a potential playoff team anymore.

We pretty much have a clear path in, but we can't take it for granted.

BringJackBack
03-04-2011, 08:31 PM

:unimpress

You have zero room to talk trash. At least our players didn't throw in the towel because they have a crappy coach. At least we have a chance of making the post season.

shags
03-04-2011, 08:56 PM
:unimpress

You have zero room to talk trash. At least our players didn't throw in the towel because they have a crappy coach. At least we have a chance of making the post season.

Talking trash? Ok.

He's not a Pacer. My point by that post was to question what the board would think of Rolle if he were to sign with the Bobcats and contribute to a playoff run, thus knocking the Pacers out.

I'm sure it would thrill Rolle if that scenario played out.

BornReady
03-04-2011, 09:56 PM
Talking trash? Ok.

He's not a Pacer. My point by that post was to question what the board would think of Rolle if he were to sign with the Bobcats and contribute to a playoff run, thus knocking the Pacers out.

I'm sure it would thrill Rolle if that scenario played out.

can't do much about it if it does happen. the pacers did cut him, after all.

Pacersalltheway10
03-05-2011, 09:32 AM
Yep. But don't go to far as to offer him a roster spot too early. I'm just not sold that he is talented enough to make it.

If it is him or solo. i'd take Magnum easily.

Spirit
03-05-2011, 05:36 PM

Stanko and Lorbek say hi.