PDA

View Full Version : Carmelo left a note thanking Nuggets Fans

Basketball Fan
03-03-2011, 11:24 PM
http://blogs.denverpost.com/nuggets/2011/03/03/melos-note-to-denver-fans/3261/

A NOTE TO MY DENVER FANS

I had to let you know how I felt about you, the city, my fans, my friends. You’ve been supportive of me and my NBA career for the past 8 years and that doesn’t go unnoticed.

Drafted when I was 19 I called Denver and the Nuggets my home. The city and the fans embraced me and watched me grow as a man and a player.

There are no words to express the gratitude and appreciation I have for Denver, the Nuggets and all the fans.

You will always be a part of my heart.

One Love,
Melo

PacersFan1991
03-04-2011, 01:57 AM
If I'm a Nuggets fan, I accept this and wish Carmelo the best of luck in the future.

Mono
03-04-2011, 02:20 AM
If I'm a Nuggets fan, I laugh out loud and shake my head bitterly.

Isaac
03-04-2011, 02:25 AM
If I'm a Nuggets fan I thank Carmelo because they have got a fun group to watch right now and will be just fine without him.

King Tuts Tomb
03-04-2011, 02:41 AM
Having lived in Colorado for 7 years, I can tell you that there are no Nuggets fans.

Mark
03-04-2011, 03:34 AM
No fault to the melo's/lebron's/etc's of the world. Loyalty is dead in professional sports. Its entertainment which is a business, and it's hard for us oldtimers to accept. All that said, he probably did what 90% of us would have done in that situation.

Kstat
03-04-2011, 03:39 AM
When was there ever loyalty? It's just now the players have the authority to move themselves.

ilive4sports
03-04-2011, 03:54 AM
Having lived in Colorado for 7 years, I can tell you that there are no Nuggets fans.

Not entirely true. My dad lived in Denver for a bit this past year and while it is most definitely a Bronco's town, the Nuggets have their place.

TMJ31
03-04-2011, 05:13 AM
When was there ever loyalty?

During the career of one Reginald Wayne Miller of the Indiana Pacers, for starters...

Kstat
03-04-2011, 05:25 AM
The same guy that threatened to bolt for the Knicks in the late 90's if he wasn't offered more money?

Kaufman
03-04-2011, 07:57 AM
During the career of one Reginald Wayne Miller of the Indiana Pacers, for starters...

don't kid yourself, reggie was compensated well and if reggie would have went elsewhere, he might not have been the main show in town. some of it might have been loyalty, but i bet lots of other factors were involved as well.

i'm still a fan of his and appreciate him, but to me it seems that he's abandoned the city to some extent since retiring. i don't live there anymore, but i don't see him overtly involved in the community. i might stand to be corrected though.

Kaufman
03-04-2011, 08:00 AM
beyond that - you expect anthony to be loyal to the nuggets, but how were they loyal to him? by firing his GM? bringing in a nice supporting cast for him?

Roaming Gnome
03-04-2011, 08:08 AM
The same guy that threatened to bolt for the Knicks in the late 90's if he wasn't offered more money?

True story... His contract negotiation got pretty public and pretty ugly.

Basketball Fan
03-04-2011, 09:03 PM
don't kid yourself, reggie was compensated well and if reggie would have went elsewhere, he might not have been the main show in town. some of it might have been loyalty, but i bet lots of other factors were involved as well.

i'm still a fan of his and appreciate him, but to me it seems that he's abandoned the city to some extent since retiring. i don't live there anymore, but i don't see him overtly involved in the community. i might stand to be corrected though.

I've lived in Indy for 5 years now and haven't really heard much about him here either he sold his house in Fishers ages ago.

Then again he's not from here either it was a place he called home and he supports local teams but that's about it.

It will be the same with Manning who I don't think will live here when he retires either.

Kaufman
03-05-2011, 03:24 PM
oh I very much disagree. i think peyton manning will very much so become a part of the landscape of indianapolis after retirement.

Sollozzo
03-05-2011, 03:43 PM
oh I very much disagree. i think peyton manning will very much so become a part of the landscape of indianapolis after retirement.

I'm sure Manning will always make frequent trips here, but I don't he lives in Indy once he's done.

I don't blame someone like Reggie for ditching Indy once they are done playing. Indy is a nice place to live, but there are much better places for millionaires who can afford anything. I know I'd be on the beach in Cali if I had his coin.